Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? (11522 Views)

Salesforce Administrator Training Or Mentor / The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? / Between Online Training And Physical Class Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by flexyrule(m): 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ask
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by 369digital: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
So, it all depends on how interactive the online course is.

I had taken several online courses, and from experience, I seem to like online courses more.

I can pause, stop, play back, repeat, and all that, which helps me assimilate faster and better.

By and large, any course I take online, am always a master at it.

Especially,DIY courses on YouTube.
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by LadyHeaven(f): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
If money isn't a problem go out and learn offline, and also incooperate online trainings to, if only to network and meet ppl

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by Maj196(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
As a self taught programmer all my resources have been online Infact you get to learn more than the so called physical classes. It's based on what you are willing to learn though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
+1 for Online
If you're into software development, you want a course that walks you through online documentations (how to read them) cos that's probably what you'll be doing most of the time.
In the end its not cramming stuffs. Its your problem solving skills that matters.
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
hearttolove:
Hi Fam,

Been out of office work going to 3 years now. I work from home and of recent I haven't being getting offers as before so I see a need to enhance my skills by getting a training on a fast selling online skills. Adding it to my current skill and experience will boost my sales. Also, one of my clients posted an ad looking for someone with that skill I want to learn, so in a way I'm looking at asking for a pay rise in addition to a new role or increased responsibility. So it's a win win for me if I go for the training.

So I finally got a place and the training cost is 200k, I have the fund and am really to enroll immediately so I discussed with my hubby and he suggested doing an online training on Udemy or cousera. He said courses are free on there but checking out they not free. I may have to spend up to $130 for the course.

Yes, comparing the cost of $130 to 200k it's still quiet low but am I sure I'd get value for my $130 on udemy? My concern is value not money. He's being stressing on the need for me to get a training now am ready and he's trying to frustrate me by asking me to do an online training. I stay at home to work and why will I do an online training when I can go out there and mix with others?

Please if you've taken an online course on udemy or cousera please share your experience. The physical class here are very good too.

MODs please I'll appreciate a wider view for more comments to help me take decision, I have between now and next week plus it's a one month training and need between now and next week tuesday to plan who stay with my kids when they return from school.

Do you have a good Internet connection? If you do there are multiple war-ez sites where you can download these videos from

What are you looking for training in?

You really want to be good at what you do, find a forum. Eg I mess around with autocad and sketchup, and my best tips are from forums like the swamp, augi, cadtutor, sketchucation and sketcup blogs

In those sites you will see real true to life experts sharing knowledge without making it look like a big deal. Be warned though, they HATE piracy

In my opinion most so called naija trainer are just hacks

3 Likes

Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by TheFacelessMan: 1:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
Doing a Masters online at one of the best schools in the world...

Cost- £13,000.

Physical cost more than £ 29,000.

I only did the online because of the cost difference. I really wish i could have instead gone there to interact with the best of the best.

I have done plenty Coursera and Edx courses.

Most courses have a financial aid option. You can apply. I have more than 10 free courses + certificates from Coursera. Could have done more if not for my schedule.

2 Likes

Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
Depends on which works best for you.

But what about doing both?
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by soleexx(m): 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
online is pretty okay....
I have a skills certificate from the University of Michigan and University of Leeds all in IT related....

if you need help securing one
let me know.... pretty free
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by winterfell007(m): 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
hmm

Hey baby girl. Why the 'hmm?'
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by dangoteinlaw: 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
With certain apps like WhatsApp groups and Instagram online couldn't have gotten any better, I even prefer online training coz u will have time for other things and still stay ahead plus it makes you do more research.

1 Like

Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by Kaycee54321(m): 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
There's a reason the physical training is more expensive. Online training is one dimensional. In a physical class, you have the luxury of exploring while learning in a multi dimensional plane.

Also, since you're talking about sales, the physical class will give you access for networking with people on an inter personal level and I think it would serve you better in this case.
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by osborn4u: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2019
mrlycan:
If i show you my CV, you'll wonder where I got my experience from. Its all online and I dont pay for anything. If there is a training that will be expensive for you. I can help you get the videos even if they ask you to pay for it. Let me know what you need. Online makes a lot of sense

Send me a mail and we start from there

bammyunlimibiz@gmail.com
Bro, I will appreciate if you can send me the videos. Regards
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by monichannel: 2:23pm On Nov 20, 2019
hearttolove:
Hi Fam,

Been out of office work going to 3 years now. I work from home and of recent I haven't being getting offers as before so I see a need to enhance my skills by getting a training on a fast selling online skills. Adding it to my current skill and experience will boost my sales. Also, one of my clients posted an ad looking for someone with that skill I want to learn, so in a way I'm looking at asking for a pay rise in addition to a new role or increased responsibility. So it's a win win for me if I go for the training.

So I finally got a place and the training cost is 200k, I have the fund and am really to enroll immediately so I discussed with my hubby and he suggested doing an online training on Udemy or cousera. He said courses are free on there but checking out they not free. I may have to spend up to $130 for the course.

Yes, comparing the cost of $130 to 200k it's still quiet low but am I sure I'd get value for my $130 on udemy? My concern is value not money. He's being stressing on the need for me to get a training now am ready and he's trying to frustrate me by asking me to do an online training. I stay at home to work and why will I do an online training when I can go out there and mix with others?

Please if you've taken an online course on udemy or cousera please share your experience. The physical class here are very good too.

MODs please I'll appreciate a wider view for more comments to help me take decision, I have between now and next week plus it's a one month training and need between now and next week tuesday to plan who stay with my kids when they return from school.

Being someone who works online, you'll appreciate online study more than the physical one. I don't know where you want to do the training but have you considered they may not live up to your expectations. I work both offline and online and all my training has been online. If you can mention the course you want to go for, maybe I can help you get the course for free on Udemy or any other LMS.
NB: I won't charge you
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by Brightest04(m): 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2019
I for one have a degree online. I enjoyed it for the period it took me to complete it.Though i was able to devote serious time to it and also have time to run around for some other things. So it depends on how you want to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
hearttolove:
Hi Fam,

I have taken a number of courses online and I am even working on a Masters degree presently also online. My first degrees were physical.

From experience, it depends on the skill and the type of training required to acquire it. Physical training provides more hands-on experience and gives you an opportunity to ask questions. Online training gives you a wider, probably better, more international content for a lower price. And if it is interactive, you can still ask your questions. One thing though, online learning requires a lot of discipline on your part because nobody is monitoring you and there are no timetables to follow.
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by Sprumbaba: 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
hearttolove:
Hi Fam,

Online is the best. You can rewatch, replay, and also ask the instructor questions.

Physical is just one time. Also, some people thrive in a classroom settings than online.

What course are you trying to study may be I can share a corporate login for Udemy or Cousera with you?
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by SirKriz(m): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
@ hearttolove

You don't have to pay that high for some courses on Udemy. You can search for discount coupons on for the particular course you are interested in. I use Udemy courses and YouTube a lot when I trying to get started with new technologies or for advanced concepts or skills.

Some online courses have a forum where learners can also ask questions, share ideas and interact. From your writeup, it seems you are more interested in a face-to-face learning method or you just feel like leaving the house for a change. Just weigh your options very well, be open to your hubby and try to convince him to let you go with the option that will make you happy.
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by CKCWilliams: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
I might not be an expert yet, but am very good at the things I do. As a Digital Marketing Strategist, Web Developer, and Copywriter, I prefer online course because...

...I want to learn directly from World Acclaimed Professionals and Experts.

Secondly, I discovered that most of the so called tutors in Nigeria are either not professionals or they are deliberately hoarding knowledge.
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by twixx(f): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
I had to make this decision last week, but for CIPM.

I made a call to a tutorial center, found out the cost and the duration of the class would be on saturdays 9am - 5pm and on sundays 12pm - 5pm.

I work and endure Lagos traffic angry every week and the thought of spending my weekends at a tutorial center in a class with other people just didn't make me so happy.

A day later while on Twitter, i saw the CIPM handle tweet that there is an online learning portal where you'd have to pay for courses, i checked it out and that became an option.

For a few days I kept thinking of what to do, on Saturday I woke up at 8am, got ready to go out for the tutorial, but I just couldnt get myself to leave the house. So I finally made my decision, which was to do the online course, but with discipline. so that Saturday, i studied from 9am - 5pm using the online learning portal and it was actually good. finished a course in two days and still intend to go back to it for revision at different intervals.

So my reasons for choosing the online class.

1. I Can study at my own pace: I can rewind as many times as I want, as you cant exactly keep asking a teacher at a tutorial to keep coming back again as many times as you want, but you can with the online classes.

2. No unnecessary distractions: I am not the most social person, every week at work I deal with so many people and I'd rather not deal with more people at a tutorial asking numerous questions or making side comments, or the teacher leaving the classroom to answer a phone call.

3. No need to commute: I don't have to leave my house, so that trip to and fro the tutorial venue is out of it.

I just think with this decision it boils down to the kind of person you are, your personal situation.

If you have time and don't mind interaction with people by all means go for the physical class.

But if you can be disciplined and take the online class seriously, then go for the online class.

1 Like

Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
winterfell007:

Hey baby girl. Why the 'hmm?'
nofin
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by pomide(m): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
If you know what you're doing... learn Online. Not Udemy but EDX or Cousera. They have certificates upon completion from the corresponding learning institutions. Sometimes Universities like havard and columbia. Yes its online, but havard is havard.

Don't go and be learning one over bloated nigerian program where you will be worried of daily transport, old up, head ache, stress, etc before and after learning.
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by adokhai(m): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
Aunty go for online do research you will get it for free, but be discipline and focused.
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by MOSICATED5(m): 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
I DID PROJECT MANAGEMENT ON COURSERA IN 2017 IT WAS FREE WITH CERTIFICATE ITS WAS A NICE TRAINING SESSION, HOWEVER I WILL PREFER CLASSROOM TRAINING TO ONLINE TRAINING ANY DAY.
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by petitejolie(f): 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2019
mrlycan:
If i show you my CV, you'll wonder where I got my experience from. Its all online and I dont pay for anything. If there is a training that will be expensive for you. I can help you get the videos even if they ask you to pay for it. Let me know what you need. Online makes a lot of sense

Send me a mail and we start from there

bammyunlimibiz@gmail.com
really? Wont dey ask for the certificate
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by petitejolie(f): 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
twixx:
I had to make this decision last week, but for CIPM.

I made a call to a tutorial center, found out the cost and the duration of the class would be on saturdays 9am - 5pm and on sundays 12pm - 5pm.

I work and endure Lagos traffic angry every week and the thought of spending my weekends at a tutorial center in a class with other people just didn't make me so happy.

A day later while on Twitter, i saw the CIPM handle tweet that there is an online learning portal where you'd have to pay for courses, i checked it out and that became an option.

For a few days I kept thinking of what to do, on Saturday I woke up at 8am, got ready to go out for the tutorial, but I just couldnt get myself to leave the house. So I finally made my decision, which was to do the online course, but with discipline. so that Saturday, i studied from 9am - 5pm using the online learning portal and it was actually good. finished a course in two days and still intend to go back to it for revision at different intervals.

So my reasons for choosing the online class.

1. I Can study at my own pace: I can rewind as many times as I want, as you cant exactly keep asking a teacher at a tutorial to keep coming back again as many times as you want, but you can with the online classes.

2. No unnecessary distractions: I am not the most social person, every week at work I deal with so many people and I'd rather not deal with more people at a tutorial asking numerous questions or making side comments, or the teacher leaving the classroom to answer a phone call.

3. No need to commute: I don't have to leave my house, so that trip to and fro the tutorial venue is out of it.

I just think with this decision it boils down to the kind of person you are, your personal situation.

If you have time and don't mind interaction with people by all means go for the physical class.

But if you can be disciplined and take the online class seriously, then go for the online class.

it sure needs dedication and discipline. I started a customer service online course on allison . uptill now ive not finished it. grin
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by sircrabo: 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
What you will learn in a physical class under a good tutor in a day, you might not understand it online in a week. Physical class is more of practicals and you get to ask questions and interact with others. Do you know how many of us here have videos on different subject we started but stopped half way ? After a while, the zeal dies down. Physical class ROCKS. When i am ready for " REACT " i will opt for a physical class, for now lets just be playing with the videos.

1 Like

Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by hearttolove: 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thanks to the Mod who took this to fp.

My special thanks to everyone who commented, I really appreciate.

The centre is just like 40 mins drive but Lagos traffic, class starts by 10am so I can leave my house by 8am and closes 4pm. Before 5pm people will join the road I don run.

This is just for 8 days spread over a month. I'll check up other sites I can get free materials to add. Some things said physically can never be put into writing and since I know the value the training will give me, am going to register and start.

Thanks to everyone again.
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by joeysuki(m): 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
Wow ! Nice.... How did you get it done ?
soleexx:
online is pretty okay....
I have a skills certificate from the University of Michigan and University of Leeds all in IT related....

if you need help securing one
let me know.... pretty free
Re: Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? by soleexx(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
joeysuki:
Wow ! Nice.... How did you get it done ?

I earned it .. after studying pretty well

I only Wana share it free wit d lady... But if u interested it will cost u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Kwara Staff Shut Down Station / Salary - How Much Is Enough To Sustain An Average Nigerian / How To Approach Your Boss For A Raise (Salary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.