Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,220 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng (29829 Views)

Cost Of Rent In Bayelsa State| Cotenant.ng / Cost Of Rent In Edo State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng / Cost Of Rent In Osun State Nigeria | Cotenant.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2019
Edygrin:

The lagos comparison again!
You grew up in a village in Akwa Ibom state. Not the whole state. And it's typical that in most Nigerian villages they use pit toilet including in Lagos state.

And about the population, I think it's quite cool that Akwa ibom isn't over populated. It keeps the state clean and checked

Apart from Uyo(plaza, Oron road, Nwaniba, ewet, ikot Ekpene road), Ikot Ekpene, Abak, which other place is open?

Yes, I grew in a village in uyo( Oron road).

Tell your self the truth sir.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Jesuspikin8: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2019
Edygrin:

The lagos comparison again!
You grew up in a village in Akwa Ibom state. Not the whole state. And it's typical that in most Nigerian villages they use pit toilet including in Lagos state.

And about the population, I think it's quite cool that Akwa ibom isn't over populated. It keeps the state clean and checked
Lol Uyo is practically a big village. You won't understand till you live there.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Neduzze5(m): 10:18am On Nov 21, 2019
Yahman1:
I miss Uyo sad

Same here cry

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by frankson1(m): 10:18am On Nov 21, 2019
hustla:

300K for 2 bedroom flat is cheap as Bleep
In Lagos, you'll be looking at 700K and above

We are talking about Akwa Ibom State here and besides I don't know how much a flat cost in Lagos since I didn't grow up in a rented apartment.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Edygrin(m): 10:19am On Nov 21, 2019
Jesuspikin8:
Lol Uyo is practically a big village. You won't understand till you live there.
Yes! I agree and Lagos is a big slump. You won't understand till you've been there

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 21, 2019
alonzoiv:
Means life is relatively cheap in that area, with very serene environment and almost free knacks. Probably the cheapest oil-rich state to live in Nigeria.

Bia nwokem, which one be almost free knacks again
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Jesuspikin8: 10:21am On Nov 21, 2019
Edygrin:
Yes! I agree and Lagos is a big slump. You won't understand till you've been there
I have. Lived in Surulere but whatever.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Edygrin(m): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2019
Jesuspikin8:
I have. Lived in Surulere but whatever.
Lol. Whatever

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2019
Edygrin:
You are yet to tell me were you grew up then we do the comparison

Along Ifa road sir.

Behind the popular Jesus saves school.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by kulrunsman79(m): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2019
Akwa Ibom, here i come...I'm tired with Kaduna and El-rufai

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Edygrin(m): 10:27am On Nov 21, 2019
Adanairaland:

Apart from Uyo(plaza, Oron road, Nwaniba, ewet, ikot Ekpene road), Ikot Ekpene, Abak, which other place is open?

Yes, I grew in a village in uyo( Oron road).

Tell your self the truth sir.
you're confusing the thunder ma'am..
Open as in?

By adding Abak to that list, I now conclude that you're been sentimal or haven't been to Eket or Ibeno, even Ikot Abasi.

Growing up in a small neighbourhood in uyo or wherever doesn't mean you know Akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 21, 2019
Edygrin:
you're confusing the thunder ma'am..
Open as in?

By adding Abak to that list, I now conclude that you're been sentimal or haven't been to Eket or Ibeno, even Ikot Abasi.

Growing up in a small neighbourhood in uyo or wherever doesn't mean you know Akwa ibom

Okuuuuuuuurrr..

What's so special about those places?
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Edygrin(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2019
Adanairaland:

Okuuuuuuuurrr..

What's so special about those places?
Ah! And you claim you know AKS? LOL

just pay a visit to those places ma'am. You won't regret it.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by aeonczar: 10:36am On Nov 21, 2019
frankson1:

Nsikak Eduok - 4lane axis, the are where almost all the former Governors reside, the area where Pastor Abel Damina lives. I dunno the names of the areas but I'm sure houses rents are on the high side.
Osong Ama estate and shelter Afrique...
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 21, 2019
Edygrin:

Ah! And you claim you know AKS? LOL

just pay a visit to those places ma'am. You won't regret it.

LMAO....

Lol..

AKWA IBOM STATE IS A VERY BIG VILLAGE.

All thanks to God'swill Akpabio for his Efforts.

Nobody for know say Aks exists.

Shalom.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Edygrin(m): 10:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Adanairaland:

LMAO....

Lol..

Shalom.
Hahahha. Lagos is one big slump ma'am
Thanks for ur time

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 21, 2019
Edygrin:

Hahahha. Lagos is one big slump ma'am
Thanks for ur time

Yup.
You can tell that to those living in Lagos.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Ndipe(m): 10:51am On Nov 21, 2019
Mostly civil sevice jobs and that is why the rent seems reasonable.

Judotong:
Nawa o. Sha what kind of jobs do they have around this locations? undecided
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by lukui: 10:51am On Nov 21, 2019
no wonder they all left their states and flock to big cities. you want to quote me. is your name "they?" grin
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Edygrin(m): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2019
Adanairaland:

Yup.
You can tell that to those living in Lagos.

Hahaha... Sadist

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by gassbee: 11:15am On Nov 21, 2019
NonFarmPayrol:
This info is wrong

150k will get you a self con in most of uyo

One bed is 200k on its rd

As high as 350k on iron road and 400in shelter
do u v idea of d price of 3 bedroom flat in uyo
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by samuelson06(m): 11:31am On Nov 21, 2019
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Gerrard59(m): 11:41am On Nov 21, 2019
Estellie:
grin I asked myself this same question..
Things here aren't cheap at all. In places like Delta and Bayelsa, lands and rents are way cheaper...

Another thing the Op didn't add is that most of the houses are below standard..

A good self contain with water and all that can be gotten in delta for 80 to 100k buh Uyo?? For same house you need hold reach like 150 180...

Along Ikpa road, my friend pays 150 for a tiny room with bathroom and kitchen.. Everything is soo tiny. To make things worse, there's no water. For 150....

With that you can get a good 2 bedroom flat in good places in Warri.

You forget that Warri is practically a war zone compared to Uyo and insecurity reduces the value and price of properties in an area. The safest places anywhere tend to be the most expensive.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Angelacruz: 11:43am On Nov 21, 2019
Like Ewet housing
amaham:
So under-quoted. A 2 bedroom flat in most places is from 400k and above .
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Angelacruz: 11:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Dat is really expensive
frankson1:

I don't where he got his prices from.
My sister pays 300k+ for a two bedroom flat close to Itam Park.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Angelacruz: 11:46am On Nov 21, 2019
Food commodity are expensive
NtoAkwaIbom:
See all these people sayin that life is cheap in Uyo...lols.
Wuhh dukhoor..
Mbok ndito eka eduk edi,...
Accommodation is very cheap in uyo, because our road network is so good, you can stay very far off and still work at the centre, the villages are connected to the centre and in 1hours time at most you can get to the fartherst point (dont include eastern obolo mbok).

But the price of commodity and foodstuff is a different ball game entirely...
But las las, Akwa ibom ayaiya eti eti... We welcome you all to the land of promise
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Angelacruz: 11:54am On Nov 21, 2019
Is expensive.Three bedroom flat wit constant water,tiles floor,fenced n cemented enviro is 300K
hustla:

300K for 2 bedroom flat is cheap as Bleep
In Lagos, you'll be looking at 700K and above
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by frankson1(m): 11:54am On Nov 21, 2019
aeonczar:
Osong Ama estate and shelter Afrique...

Very good. You know those places.
I don't know who gave him the prices he violated.
Thank you.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Kinematics: 11:57am On Nov 21, 2019
Estellie:
grin I asked myself this same question..
Things here aren't cheap at all. In places like Delta and Bayelsa, lands and rents are way cheaper...

Another thing the Op didn't add is that most of the houses are below standard..

A good self contain with water and all that can be gotten in delta for 80 to 100k buh Uyo?? For same house you need hold reach like 150 180...

Along Ikpa road, my friend pays 150 for a tiny room with bathroom and kitchen.. Everything is soo tiny. To make things worse, there's no water. For 150....

With that you can get a good 2 bedroom flat in good places in Warri.

The emboldened are true!
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2019
Angelacruz:
Food commodity are expensive
Very very... And something needs to be done about it
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Kinematics: 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
Adanairaland:

LMAO....

Lol..

Shalom.

Based on Nigerian standards I disagree ma'am.
Uyo is the most livable city in southern Nigeria today.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu / Buy Lands At A New Layout In Akpuoga Nike, Enugu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.