Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng (29802 Views)

Cost Of Rent In Bayelsa State| Cotenant.ng / Cost Of Rent In Edo State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng / Cost Of Rent In Osun State Nigeria | Cotenant.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by hustla(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
frankson1:

We are talking about Akwa Ibom State here and besides I don't know how much a flat cost in Lagos since I didn't grow up in a rented apartment.

Say God!
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Kinematics: 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:

Very very... And something needs to be done about it

But why is it that way?
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Kinematics: 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
kulrunsman79:
Akwa Ibom, here i come...I'm tired with Kaduna and El-rufai

Make sure you have secured a job before going or you already have a money making business..
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Gerrard59(m): 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

Off Ikot Ekpene road, Uyo.

Newly built in a bustling part of the city. Not surprising.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by NzubechiCitadel: 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
Jestin:
Life in Nigeria is cheap. Imagine 150k for rent a year which is not up to the amount most of us pay for rent abroad monthly .
should we exchange? come to Nigeria let me come over to wherever you are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Angelacruz: 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
Noting can be done about it.We are used it
NtoAkwaIbom:

Very very... And something needs to be done about it
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by poiZon: 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
frankson1:

Nsikak Eduok - 4lane axis, the are where almost all the former Governors reside, the area where Pastor Abel Damina lives. I dunno the names of the areas but I'm sure houses rents are on the high side.
Osongama estate
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Triniti(m): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
You guys are just going back and forth. I expect y’all to be talking about business opportunities and money making ventures that interested investors can key into. That should be the main focus, once you are making money, how rent will never be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by KINGreignn: 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
Gerrard59:

Newly built in a bustling part of the city. Not surprising.

That amount is way over expensive for a 2 bedroom flat. Even in Abuja such things are hard to put up as price. That's the amount for a 3Bedroom flat in most satellite towns of Abuja.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Triniti(m): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
Kinematics:

Make sure you have secured a job before going or you already have a money making business..

Can you tell me more about business opportunities out there and the purchasing power of the middle class? Is it a place with large middle class?
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by KINGreignn: 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
Angelacruz:
Noting can be done about it.We are used it
Something can b done about it. Most guys in AKS are lazy, jobless and won't want to take up farming. They depend almost entirely on other states for 80% of their food produce. Imagine bringing all their yams from Benue, Ugep, Anambra etc, Beans from Benue, Ugep, Ogoja, plantain are farmed here but majority of the plantains and bananas sold here are from Cross River. I no go talk about rice.

Lazy folks, always thinking of ufopfop, gambling , getting high and becoming political thugs or street uchins.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Triniti(m): 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
Ykc2:
not good for business, if you take take one container of any merchandise to sell one year you never sell finish
Seriously? The masses done have money or what?
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Angelacruz: 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
U r rightt
KINGreignn:

Something can b done about it. Most guys in AKS are lazy, jobless and won't want to take up farming. They depend almost entirely on other states for 80% of their food produce. Imagination yams from Benue, Ugep, Anambra etc, Beans from Benue, Ugep, Ogoja, plantain are farmed here but majority of the plantains and bananas sold here are from Cross River. I no go talk about rice.

Lazy folks, always thinking of ufopfop, gambling , getting high and becoming political thugs or street uchins.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by KenMosi: 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
4 bedroom bungalow mansion for SALE in ONITSHA.Asking price is 16 million naira, call/chat with the owner on whatsapp via 09032290584 to get more details and pictures of the house.

The house is a 4 mansion bungalow, it has 2 sitting rooms, all the bedrooms has toilet/bathroom, it has a big kitchen with store, the bigger sitting room has a toilet, the compound has 3 block dog cages and a parking store and generator house with an overhead tank.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by MEGA4BILLION(m): 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
alonzoiv:
Means life is relatively cheap in that area, with very serene environment and almost free knacks. Probably the cheapest oil-rich state to live in Nigeria.

Come and experience or enjoy the cheap life

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by musachara: 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2019
alonzoiv:
Means life is relatively cheap in that area, with very serene environment and almost free knacks. Probably the cheapest oil-rich state to live in Nigeria.
Also cheap HIV
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by BlackBovi: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2019
CotenantNIG:
Hello Guys

We continue with our series cost of rent around in Nigeria, Today we look at Akwa Ibom state

Akwa Ibom is a state in Nigeria which is located at the coastal southern or south-eastern part of the country; lying between latitudes 4°321 and 5°331 North, and longitudes 7°251 and 8°251 East with it's capital city as Uyo. It came into existence on the 23rd of September 1987 by the Federal Military Government under General lbrahim Babangida, out of Cross River State.
The state is populated with over 5 million people and over 10 million in dispersion. Akwa Ibom is currently the highest oil- and gas-producing state in the country. The inhabitants of the state are: Ibibio, Annang, Ibeno and Eket. The Ibibio are the largest group, whilst the Annang, which form the second largest group, speak a language very similar to the Ibibio Language. Ibeno and Eket speak a similar language, and are located at the ocean.
The Ibibio language belongs to the Benue-Congo language family, which forms part of the Niger-Congo group of languages.
This post is targeted at corpers and young working class

AKSU
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦100,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦150,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦85,000 per year

Afah ikot-son
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦80,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦130,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦75,000 per year

Ifa ikot okpon
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦80,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦120,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦60,000 per year

Abak road
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦100,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦150,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦90,000 per year

Ikot Ekpene
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦150,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦200,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦120,000 per year

Itu Road
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦120,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦170,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year

Good land avenue
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦130,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦200,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦110,000 per year

Essien Road
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦70,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦100,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦50,000 per year

Ikot okubo junction
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦120,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦170,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦90,000 per year

itiam etoi
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦130,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦200,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year

champions breweries
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦150,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦200,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦120,000 per year

Nwaniba Road
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦130,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦170,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year

Idoro
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦120,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦200,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year

Nsukarra
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦150,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦220,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦120,000 per year

Atiku Abubakar way
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦130,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦250,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year

Ring Road
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦180,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦220,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦150,000 per year

Tropicana
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦190,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦250,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦150,000 per year

Uniuyo town campus

Source

Add yours

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by KINGreignn: 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
Triniti:
Can you tell me more about business opportunities out there and the purchasing power of the middle class? Is it a place with large middle class?

It's got large low income class. Few high income earners, few medium income earners. Most guys here are jobless. They know how to drink, womanize and stay idle.

No offence.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Triniti(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

It's got large low income class. Few I income earners, few medium income earners. Most guys here are jobless. They know how to drink, womanize and stay idle.

No offence.
Wow! I have to advise this fella of mine to stay clear. I suggested there to a friend, thinking it was booming with economic activities and boisterous lifestyle
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by KINGreignn: 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
Triniti:
Wow! I have to advise this fella of mine to stay clear. I suggested there to a friend thinking, it was booming with economic activities and boisterous lifestyle

Are there any new firms or industries or blue chip or even mega out let's opening? No
Are there any serious construction works on going? No.

So most folks here spending cash are Oil workers, politicians, few civil servants, teaming student population, few well established business men and women, and established traders.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
KINGreignn:
[s]

It's got large low income class. Few high income earners, few medium income earners. Most guys here are jobless. They know how to drink, womanize and stay idle.

No offence. [/s]
don't be so stupid, Akwa ibomites are not as useless as your lazy father that knows how to womanize, drink and stay idle and his cluelessness is the cause of u being Unfortunate in life.
unam ikot must u generalise?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
Coldie:
How safe is the area should be ur question
aks is the only safest state in South South. even at midnight you can still be walking with your cash gadgets and be rest assured that it'll still be intact till u reach home.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2019
Adanairaland:

Ifa Ikot okpon timber market sir.
that's at mbiabong. are u still there?
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
that's at mbiabong.
are u still there?

No
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Adanairaland:

No
where are u now?
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by kozmicity: 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
CotenantNIG:
Hello Guys

We continue with our series cost of rent around in Nigeria, Today we look at Akwa Ibom state

Akwa Ibom is a state in Nigeria which is located at the coastal southern or south-eastern part of the country; lying between latitudes 4°321 and 5°331 North, and longitudes 7°251 and 8°251 East with it's capital city as Uyo. It came into existence on the 23rd of September 1987 by the Federal Military Government under General lbrahim Babangida, out of Cross River State.
The state is populated with over 5 million people and over 10 million in dispersion. Akwa Ibom is currently the highest oil- and gas-producing state in the country. The inhabitants of the state are: Ibibio, Annang, Ibeno and Eket. The Ibibio are the largest group, whilst the Annang, which form the second largest group, speak a language very similar to the Ibibio Language. Ibeno and Eket speak a similar language, and are located at the ocean.
The Ibibio language belongs to the Benue-Congo language family, which forms part of the Niger-Congo group of languages.
This post is targeted at corpers and young working class

AKSU
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦100,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦150,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦85,000 per year

Afah ikot-son
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦80,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦130,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦75,000 per year

Ifa ikot okpon
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦80,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦120,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦60,000 per year

Abak road
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦100,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦150,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦90,000 per year

Ikot Ekpene

Itu Road
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦120,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦170,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year

Good land avenue
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦130,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦200,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦110,000 per year

Essien Road
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦70,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦100,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦50,000 per year

Ikot okubo junction
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦120,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦170,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦90,000 per year

itiam etoi
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦130,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦200,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year

champions breweries

Nwaniba Road
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦130,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦170,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year

Idoro
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦120,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦200,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year

Nsukarra
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦150,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦220,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦120,000 per year

Atiku Abubakar way
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦130,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦250,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year

Ring Road
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦180,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦220,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦150,000 per year

Tropicana
The average price for mini flat for rent is ₦190,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦250,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦150,000 per year

Uniuyo town campus

Source

Add yours

And I'm paying 195k per annum for my bedsitter/selfcontain... Thunder fire them all!!

PS: My flat is one of the cheapest you can come across around my school area

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Kinematics: 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
Triniti:

Several business opportunities are available in the city of Uyo with no specifics.
Purchasing power is low compared to many cities in Nigeria. Middle class is growing but not there yet when compared to other cities in the country.

Uyo or AKS in general for me is more or less like a place of rest. If you are relocating there for hustle then you better look elsewhere.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Kinematics: 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
aks is the only safest state in South South. even at midnight you can still be walking with your cash gadgets and be rest assured that it'll still be intact till u reach home.

Yes AKS is currently the safest state in the SS, but please stop exaggerating mbok. Go walk with your cash and gadgets at midnight in IK then see what happens.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
where are u now?

In the abroad
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by KINGreignn: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
Kinematics:

Yes AKS is currently the safest state in the SS, but please stop exaggerating mbok. Go walk with your cash and gadgets at midnight night in IK then see what happens.
From the contents of his chats you can tell he's suffering from frustration. Let him even walk along Ikot Ekpene road or even Ikpa road Uyo around 11pm if he's not gonna be ambushed.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Gerrard59(m): 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
KINGreignn:

That amount is way over expensive for a 2 bedroom flat. Even in Abuja such things are hard to put up as price. That's the amount for a 3Bedroom flat in most satellite towns of Abuja

In the outskirts of Abuja city, Ikot Ekpene Road is literally part of the city centre. Not surprising.
Re: Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng by Gerrard59(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
Kinematics:

Yes AKS is currently the safest state in the SS, but please stop exaggerating mbok. Go walk with your cash and gadgets at midnight night in IK then see what happens

Happens everywhere except in ultra safe places like Osaka or Singapore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buy Lands At A New Layout In Akpuoga Nike, Enugu. / 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.