Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 (15964 Views)

How Abibatu Mogaji (Tinubu's Mother) Welcomed Awolowo From Prison In 1966 / Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by gidgiddy: 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
ProudDick:

Why did ojukwu release Awo just 5 days after Gowon became head of state, something he didn’t do six months earlier? Does a military governor have power over the release of federal prisoners in federal prisons?

Are you saying the military in the east and the comptroller general of prisons also didn’t recognize Gowon as head of state or just ojukwu?

If the governor of Lagos refused to recognize buhari, will the military and police in Lagos not recognize buhari orders as we operate unitary system as at then?

Back in the day, we had the Regional system of government, not the state structure we have today. In the Regional structure, the Regional are very powerful, almost as powerful as the centre, if not more powerful. But the state structure, as we practice today, the states are very weak while the centre is all powerful.

When Ironsi came to power, he was the most senior officer and head of the Army. He appointed the Regional Military Governors who were duty bound to obey him as a senior officer. But when Gowon came to power, not only did he have many who were senior to him, including Ojukwu, none of them were duty bound to obey Gowon nor recognize him as head of state since they were senior to him in rank.

Gowon was parading himself as head of state in Lagos but in truth, most of the Regions did not recognize as so. So Gowon had no power over Ojukwu in the East. That's one the reasons for of the Aburi meeting. Having a weak centre and strong Regions is the reason Gowon abolished the 4 Regions, created states which in turn led to the war

4 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Akiara:
[s]grin grin grin
So Gowan had the powers in 1966 and Ojukwu had powers in 1967? So in 1966 who was the Governor of the Eastern Region?

Y.A.R.I.B.A....illiteracy is a disease. Tufia!!![/s]

This one has nothing upstairs to contribute. In a unitary system of government, whose power supersede between a governor and a president (Head of state)?
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
gidgiddy:

Back in the day, we had the Regional system of government, not the state structure we have today. In the Regional structure, the Regional are very powerful, almost as powerful as the centre, if not more powerful. But the state structure, as we practice today, the states are very weak while the centre is all powerful.

When Ironsi came to power, he was the most senior officer and head of the Army. He appointed the Regional Military Governors who were duty bound to obey him as a senior officer. But when Gowon came to power, not only did he have many who were senior to him, including Ojukwu, none of them were duty bound to obey Gowon nor recognize him as head of state since they were senior to him in rank.

Gowon was parading himself as head of state in Lagos but in truth, most of the Regions did not recognize as so. So Gowon had no power over Ojukwu in the EastThat's one the reasons for of the Aburi meeting. Having a weak centre and strong Regions is the reason Gowon abolished the 4 Regions, created states which in turn led to the war

All of you guys are basing your assertions on speculations and emotions.

Can you provide a credible source that give credence to the fact that Ojukwu released Awo from prison?

You know all this argument can end with just one or two credible source to back your assertions.

That is the reason why the court of law works based on evidence. They don’t do things based on emotion or ethic patriotism.

The Yorubas have series of credible sources to back their assertion but you Igbos online what is to believe your beer parlor gists without evidence?

I give up on you guys!

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Akiara: 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
You created a useless post and you want to sound smart? I asked a simple question and as a routinely tuned zombie you can't answer.

The question is this.... who released AWO 'the Sniper drinker' from Prison. Simple

LegendHero:

This one has nothing upstairs to contribute. In a unitary system of government, whose power supersede between a governor and a president (Head of state)?
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
Akiara:
[s]You created a useless post and you want to sound smart? I asked a simple question and as a routinely tuned zombie you can't answer.

The question is this.... who released AWO 'the Sniper drinker' from Prison. Simple[/s]

I don’t discuss with Nnamdi Cownu disciples!

1 Like

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by gidgiddy: 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

Can you please provide a source to back your claim?

At least when Ojukwu was releasing Awolowo, there would have been press briefings, photo Ops, etc.

Please can you show us just one link or sources that gives credence to Ojukwu assertions? Might be either local or international press, just cite one.

The word here is credible sources and not just a fabricated online interview anchored by Radio Biafla.

If you can’t, then keep shut forever.

Why would Ojukwu have a press conference just for releasing Awolowo? Even if there was one, we are talking of 50 years ago.

The proof that Ojukwu released Gowon is in the fact that it was not possible for Gowon to have done so. Awolowo was in Calabar, which was in the Eastern Region. When Gowon came to power in 1966, Ojukwu never recognized him as head of state. Remember that we had very powerful Regions at the time, not the weak state structure we have today. The Eastern Region did not recognize Gowon as head of state for a very long time and not until the Aburi meeting of the following year.

Do how could Gowon have released Awolowo when he had no power to do so in the East and his presidency was not even recognized there?

The only person who had the power to release Awolowo was Ojukwu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Akiara: 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
Obviously you fell from the sky with ancestor Oduduwa grin

You hit your coconut head upon impact, that is why you can't reason rationally. The Internet has messed you despicable urchins up ..it has also exposed your lies to the world. So much for being a Sophisticated slowpoke grin

LegendHero:

I don’t discuss with Nnamdi Cownu disciples!

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
gidgiddy:

Why would Ojukwu have a press conference just for releasing Awolowo? Even if there was one, we are talking of 50 years ago.

The proof that Ojukwu released Gowon is in the fact that it was not possible for Gowon to have done so. Awolowo was in Calabar, which was in the Eastern Region. When Gowon came to power in 1966, Ojukwu never recognized him as head of state. Remember that we had very powerful Regions at the time, not the weak state structure we have today. The Eastern Region did not recognize Gowon as head of state for a very long time and not until the Aburi meeting of the following year.

Do how could Gowon have released Awolowo when he had no power to do so in the East and his presidency was not even recognized there?

You are still replying me based on emotion and from the figments of your imaginations.

There are documented evidence of happenings within Nigeria and it’s environs from 1850s till date, so a recent happening like 1966 will be clearly captured by the news channels and stop trying to hide under the banner of old ages to justify your inability to provide proofs.

I have all the videos of Ojukwu press address in the eastern region, I have the videos when Ojukwu was reading the eastern region budget to the dignitaries that visited, I have video evidence of Azikwe campaigns in those days. I have much more videos of real live Biafra bombing videos and activities that happened during those period.

All through my days of historical expeditions, I have never came across any evidence either pictorial, video, or print papers that gives any credence to Ojukwu releasing Awolowo.

I can give you any historical videos you want, just name them I will send it to you in my archives. If you can’t show me one credible source to back your claims then you don’t deserve my precious time, coz they say time is money!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Akiara: 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2019
Please keep educating the Sophisticated M.o.r.o.n!

1 Ace of Spades for you!

gidgiddy:

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LabDNA: 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

Was asleep before.

So You’re showing me a book published in 1960. So how will this relay the events of 1966 and beyond?

The work was completed in 1960, the year Nigeria gained its long-awaited independence. Accordingly, the autobiography is dedicated to a 'new and free Nigeria', with the trust that its people will enjoy 'a more abundant life'.

I’m ashamed of you!

The book is unrelated to the release of Awo, but in direct response to your challenge that I prove if I have read any of his book. I put it to you that I know Awo's methodology of thinking than you do.

The man never mention that he was released by Gowon (for integrity issues) and could not bring himself to rightfully say that Ojukwu released him (due to the attendant shame) in any of his books published pre-independence and post-independence even though he lived a whole 17 years after the war.

He was not released by Gowon but by the Eastern region which NEVER TOOK ORDERS FROM GOWON.
The truth is the truth and it is glaring to all. I've given this topic a greater share of my time than it deserves. The world knows the truth already.
I'm out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by gidgiddy: 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

All of you guys are basing your assertions on speculations and emotions.

Can you provide a credible source that give credence to the fact that Ojukwu released Awo from prison?

You know all this argument can end with just one or two credible source to back your assertions.

That is the reason why the court of law works based on evidence. They don’t do things based on emotion or ethic patriotism.

The Yorubas have series of credible sources to back their assertion but you Igbos online what is to believe your beer parlor gists without evidence?

I give up on you guys!

You brought a stupid video of Awo arriving in a car with his driver and said it was proof that Gowon released Awolowo. How can Gowon be releasing some who came in his car?

Now you are looking for credible source? Go to the internet search about the Regional structure that was practiced in Nigeria in 1966/67 and you will find out that that the centre was weak and the Regions strong. Why do you think Gowon met Ojukwu in Aburi Ghana if Gowon was this all powerful head of state who could do whatever he likes? It was because the Regional system of the time made the centre he led to be weak and the Regions powerful.

Gowon simply had no power at the time to release Awolowo from jail in Calabar. Gowons presidency was not even recognized by the Eastern Region

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
LabDNA:

The book is unrelated to the release of Awo, but in direct response to your challenge that I prove if I have read any of his book. I put it to you that I know Awo's methodology of think than you do.

The man never mention that he was released by Gowon (for integrity issues) and could not bring himself to rightfully say that Ojukwu released him (due to the attendant shame) in any of his books published pre-independence and post-independence even though he lived a whole 17 years after the war.

He was released by Gowon but by the Eastern region which NEVER TOOK ORDERS FROM GOWON.
The truth is the truth and it is glaring to all. I've given this topic a greater share of my time than it deserves. The world knows the truth already.
I'm out.

Why would you use a book not related to the release of Awo to justify your claim about Ojukwu releasing him.

What you tried to do was confusing the uninformed folks on here by trying to push the narratives of a well versed reader and trying to use false tongue to confuse sane minds.

Check the thread from page one, I have been asking you folks to show me one credible source either pictorial, video, or prints that gives credence to your assertions and none of you were able to provide any.

Is this all the brain the Igbos could muster to defend Ojukwu actions? You all don’t even have any evidence or historical knowledge or factual sources to back your claims.

If you’re trying to argue online in a forum as vast as Nairaland, you must make sure you have the necessary tools to back your claims before rational minds can be convinced. Even in the law court, evidence win cases, judges don’t base judgments on mere emotions or hearsay!

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by ProudDick: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
gidgiddy:

Gowon was parading himself as head of state in Lagos but in truth, most of the Regions did not recognize as so. So Gowon had no power over Ojukwu in the East. That's one the reasons for of the Aburi meeting. Having a weak centre and strong Regions is the reason Gowon abolished the 4 Regions, created states which in turn led to the war

But ironsi ruled with a unitary decree. No?

1 Like

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Akiara: 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
A Y.A.R.I.B.A without sense

The Video you uploaded has been thrashed totally. So what other useless point will you want to showcase when it's already proven that your introductory statement is useless grin

Stop beating a dead horse. Ojukwu released the sniper drinker Awolowo.

LegendHero:

You are still replying me based on emotion and from the figments of your imaginations.

There are documented evidence of happenings within Nigeria and it’s environs from 1850s till date, so a recent happening like 1966 will be clearly captured by the news channels and stop trying to hide under the banner of old ages to justify your inability to provide proofs.

I have all the videos of Ojukwu press address in the eastern region, I have the videos when Ojukwu was reading the eastern region budget to the dignitaries that visited, I have video evidence of Azikwe campaigns in those days. I have much more videos of real live Biafra bombing videos and activities that happened during those period.

All through my days of historical expeditions, I have never came across any evidence either pictorial, video, or print papers that gives any credence to Ojukwu releasing Awolowo.

I can give you any historical videos you want, just name them I will send it to you in my archives. If you can’t show me one credible source to back your claims then you don’t deserve my precious time, coz they say time is money!

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by ProudDick: 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
Akiara:
grin grin grin
So Gowan had the powers in 1966 and Ojukwu had powers in 1967? So in 1966 who was the Governor of the Eastern Region?

Y.A.R.I.B.A....illiteracy is a disease. Tufia!!!

Unintelligent ipob pigs bore me. Go roll in the mud.

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by joeyfire(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

All the things you wrote up here is just based on speculations and you have not cited any credible sources to back your claim.

I released sources both video, pictures and papers from: New York Times, Reuters, Britishpathe, and Premium Times to back my claims that Gowon released Awolowo.

Can you please cite one credible source to back your claim that Ojukwu did instead?

You are actually the one being emotional, you most likely didn't read what I wrote dispassionately. Let me summarise, there was definitely a compromise or understanding between Gowon and Ojukwu for the release.

Almost all of your sources are the same, just brief statements. There is nothing really detailed to show us the mechanisms that can prove that a prisoner as important as Awo will be released without the military regional governor knowing about it. How is that even possible? In a military regime where one didn't recognise the other?

4 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Akiara: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
See painment in full effects. Una no reach..and your assertions are tasteless and watery like the Hydraulic soup your ancestors passed down.

Tell the Forum how Dahomey females beheaded your ancestors.... grin grin

ProudDick:

Unintelligent ipob pigs bore me. Go roll in the mud.

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by gidgiddy: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
ProudDick:

But ironsi ruled with a unitary decree. No?

That's the version of the Lagos/Ibadan under the bridge media.

4 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LabDNA: 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

Why would you use a book not related to the release of Awo to justify your claim about Ojukwu releasing him.

What you tried to do was confusing the uninformed folks on here by trying to push the narratives of a well versed reader and trying to use false tongue to confuse sane minds.

Check the thread from page one, I have been asking you folks to show me one credible source either pictorial, video, or prints that gives credence to your assertions and none of you were able to provide any.

Is this all the brain the Igbos could muster to defend Ojukwu actions? You all don’t even have any evidence or historical knowledge or factual sources to back your claims.

If you’re trying to argue online in a forum as vast as Nairaland, you must make sure you have the necessary tools to back your claims before rational minds can be convinced. Even in the law court, evidence win cases, judges don’t base judgments on mere emotions or hearsay!

LegendHero:

I can see you are clearly trolling guys online.

Mr. LabDna you said you have read all Awo book and he made no mention about Gowon releasing him.

Please I’m asking for the upteenth time, can you tell us the books you’ve read so I can ask you some certain questions from the topics in the book.

Just name any book. If you evade this question this last time, this will mean you have no iota of integrity and you deserve no response from sane minds.

Like many of your brothers you have an integrity problem and enjoy standing logic on it's head.

Did the bolded in the second statement not come from you as a challenge to claims of my readership of any of Awo's book?

I caught you off guard, now you twist facts in the characteristic manner your people are famous for?

Goodness!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Akiara: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
Super Response!

gidgiddy:

That's the version of the Lagos/Ibadan under the bridge media.

1 Like

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Akiara: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
You just busted the Afonjizi's ranting. He asked for a book you gave references. .he will still ask you for archeological proofs from the 1800 showing that Ojukwu released Awolowo the First man to drink Sniper... grin

LabDNA:

Like many of your brothers you have an integrity and enjoy standing logic on it's head.

Did the bolded not come from your mouth?

1 Like

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
joeyfire:

You are actually the one being emotional, you most likely didn't read what I wrote dispassionately. Let me summarise, there was definitely a compromise or understanding between Gowon and Ojukwu for the release.

Almost all of your sources are the same, just brief statements. There is nothing really detailed to show us the mechanisms that can prove that a prisoner as important as Awo will be released without the military regional governor knowing about it. How is that even possible? In a military regime where one didn't recognise the other?

Seems you sound like someone intelligent and let us both check this with sane minds.

The main issue here is not a matter of compromise or not, the issue is about who actually gave the order to release Awo. Ojukwu was governor of the eastern region like 5month earlier and did not deem it fit to release Awolowo. Was it coincidence that Awolowo was released in August 4, 1966 just few days after Gowon became head of state?

Secondly, my sources are not thesame. The New York Times is an American paper while Reuter’s and BritishPathe are British owned mediums.

You should know there is issue of data storage in those days and you won’t expect them to record videos of many gigabytes without the necessary refined data storage system present in this moment. Also, these news mediums are created as far back as 1850s and they are internationally recognized as a source of truth.

From page one up to this moment, none of you cite any historical sources or evidence to back your claims. You just keep saying the same thing and concluding based on emotional attachments and a feeling of patriotism to your elder statesman Ojukwu.

If we stop believing history from credible sources with video and pictorial evidence then we can as well say Biafra war is a lie and that Lugard never ruled over Nigeria.

Please subject that to critical thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

Lol, you and this your lagos-ibadan news phrase that you regurgitate everytime like a programmed robot.

Are Reuters, Britishpathe, and New York Time also Lagos-Ibadan press newspapers?

Why is it that there is no sources or news medium that captured the moment Ojukwu released Gowon in prints, pictures or videos?

Why was it that Awolowo was taken straight to Gowon in August 4th 1966 from the video evidence provided by Reuters if actually Ojucrook released him?

You guys are giving me more reason to see how the albino runaway Cownu fugitive was able to pollute your minds.

All I know is that Obafemi Awolowo made a mortal of assuming he can poke Igbos without consequences......and of course he died regretting it.

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
LabDNA:

Like many of your brothers you have an integrity problem and enjoy standing logic on it's head.

Did the bolded in the second statement not come from you as a challenge to claims of my readership of any of Awo's book?

I caught you off guard, now you twist facts in the characteristic manner your people are famous for?

Goodness!

I believe you can actually read to see what I said. I asked you the bolded part first and used the rest of the sentence to ask you to cite any book.

Remember the genesis of this was that you said you have read all Awo book and you have not seen any where he talked about Gowon releasing him. After I asked you to provide one book, you went ahead to provide a book published in 1960 which predates the said event of 1966.

Is this statement still ambiguous to you?

LegendHero:

I can see you are clearly trolling guys online.

Mr. LabDna you said you have read all Awo book and he made no mention about Gowon releasing him.

Please I’m asking for the upteenth time, can you tell us the books you’ve read so I can ask you some certain questions from the topics in the book.

Just name any book. If you evade this question this last time, this will mean you have no iota of integrity and you deserve no response from sane minds.

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Akiara: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
Is this a diplomatic way of trying to force your narrative down our throats. Why sounding submissive after creating a thread to spite IGBOS? Your thread has been thrashed totally and it's hurting you like mad grin

You are spineless and your Fake News post is really insulting and useless.

Go get a life..even your Northern masters respect Ojukwu.....and don't even regard Awolowo the 'sniper taster' .

LegendHero:

Seems you sound like someone intelligent and let us both check this with sane minds.

The main issue here is not a matter of compromise or not, the issue is about who actually gave the order to release Awo. Ojukwu was governor of the eastern region like 5month earlier and did not deem it fit to release Awolowo. Was it coincidence that Awolowo was released in August 4, 1966 just few days after Gowon became head of state?

Secondly, my sources are not thesame. The New York Times is an American paper while Reuter’s and BritishPathe are British owned mediums.

You should know there is issue of data storage in those days and you won’t expect them to record videos of many gigabytes without the necessary refined data storage system present in this moment. Also, these news mediums are created as far back as 1850s and they are internationally recognized as a source of truth.

From page one up to this moment, none of you cite any historical sources or evidence to back your claims. You just keep saying the same thing and concluding based on emotional attachments and a feeling of patriotism to your elder statesman Ojukwu.

If we stop believing history from credible sources with video and pictorial evidence then we can as well say Biafra war is a lie and that Lugard never ruled over Nigeria.

Please subject that to critical thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2019
MelesZenawi:

All I know is that Obafemi Awolowo made a mortal of assuming he can poke Igbos without consequences......and of course he died regretting it.

I don't dialogue with Nnamdi Kanu disciples. It is evident you took after your supreme commander.

Hence stop quoting me if you don't have any meaningful contribution to this thread. Also this is the last time I will reply you on this thread.

Gracias!

1 Like

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
Akiara:
[s]Is this a diplomatic way of trying to force your narrative down our throats. Why sounding submissive after creating a thread to spite IGBOS? Your thread has been thrashed totally and it's hurting you like mad grin

You are spineless and your Fake News post is really insulting and useless.

Go get a life..even your Northern masters respect Ojukwu.....and don't even regard Awolowo the 'sniper taster' .[/s]

Did I not tell you to return the phone back to your elders?

I am only conversing with the ones among you with intellects like LabDNa and co. Stop mentioning me because this will be the last time I will reply you.

If you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute, just sit back and watch sane people comment!

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Akiara: 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Sanity is a slang akin to maturity.

You don't have it.
You don't weld it.
You can't phantom it.
You really are thrashy and weak.

Go and sleep joor!. grin.

You are just a wannabe .....loser.

LegendHero:

Did I not tell you to return the phone back to your elders?

I am only conversing with the ones among you with intellects like LabDNa and co. Stop mentioning me because this will be the last time I will reply you.

If you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute, just sit back and watch sane people comment!

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by eagleu: 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
Is there any historical dispute about where Awolowo was held? Calabar, and Abakaliki prisons

Is there any dispute about where Calabar and Abakaliki belonged during the war

Is there any dispute about who controlled the police, army and prison services in Calabar and Abakaliki at the time Awolowo was released?

Calabar and Abakaliki did not fall to the Nigerian army at the time Awolowo was released.

Why is there even a question about who released Awolowo when we knew where he was being held?

When did NY times become gospel truth?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
eagleu:

Is there any historical dispute about where Awolowo was held? Calabar, and Abakaliki prisons

Is there any dispute about where Calabar and Abakaliki belonged during the war

Is there any dispute about who controlled the police, army and prison services in Calabar and Abakaliki at the time Awolowo was released?

Calabar and Abakaliki did not fall to the Nigerian army at the time Awolowo was released.

Why is there even a question about who released Awolowo when we knew where he was being held?

When did NY times become gospel truth?

1. Awo was imprisoned in calabar prison.
2. Awo was released in August 1966, which is almost a year before the civil war started so you should not put that in the context of the war. it dosen't correlate.
3. The supreme military council still controls the military in general across all fedeartaion. Ironsi truncated the regional system and created a unitary system of government with a centre. Hence Gowon still have that powers 5 days after the death of Ironsi
4. There is no war during the time Awo was released.,, what happened is just a coup. Stop confusing yourself
5. He was imprisoned by the order of the FG, hence they can keep any prisoner in any region of the federation so where he was being held does not matter.
6. NY Times, Reuters, Britishpathe are known global news channel and they report their news with pictures, videos, and prints to back their assertions. Most of the news about Biafra war, Nigeria Independence, British expedition, etc. were reported by this news channel. Without them and other european news medium you won't even have any record of the Biafran war and happenings within this part of Africa between 1850s and 1980s so stop saying rubbish online.

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by naijacentric(m): 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
LegendHero:

You guys first denied the photos!
Then you denied a printout of the New York Times 1966 edition!
Now you are still denying a video proof?

Nnamdi Kanu understood you guys more than I do, infact I just see the reason why almost 70% of a tribe believed Buhari is Jubrin from Sudan.

all other tins maybe scam but jubril matter is true i am not even a fan of nnamdi kanu dat guy is not buhari we are not fools

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
naijacentric:
all other tins maybe scam but jubril matter is true i am not even a fan of nnamdi kanu dat guy is not buhari we are not fools

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

School Children Return Home Over Alleged Threat By Unknown Gunmen In Imo / Sowore Steps Down As AAC Chairman, Emerges Presidential Candidate / Beneficiaries Of Tinubu/Shetima-NAIRAXI Transit Scheme Congratulate Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.