Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,049 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal (24944 Views)

Tinubu Certificate Scandal: Constitutional Implications By Aisha Mohammed Agashi / Social Media Bill: Protesters Storm National Assembly (Photos) / Anti-Social Media Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Buhari & Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by AmuRubber(m): 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
How did we arrive at this? Our system is messed up completely.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Lordofthewest(m): 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
See this one, you have no idea what they are planning be there shouting igbo people upandan. Everybody go get sense las las especially most of these mumu nairaland miscreantsgrin
DEHVEHLOP:
Igbo keypad warriors go hear weeen

Igbo amaka

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Danzakidakura(m): 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
Let the bill be passed into law may be afonja media will stop hating the igbos and stop calling a whole tribe for one man crime and vis vasa when its skull miners

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by oluxy(m): 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
It won't work out.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Enwhen(m): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
DEHVEHLOP:

You wrong

Yorubas are the owner of social media... Social media is even working in the north than in the east. It's hard to believe , but that's the fact, many has gone to prison in the north even without this bill , and with this bill many will face death by hanging

Igbo amaka
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by vincijr(m): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
Foolish and wicked pot bellies trying to suppress us

I hope there are more persons like Senator Chimaroke to speak loud against this tyranny

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by XDaBOSS(m): 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
Una vote the government in...now that they trying to do what de know how to do best..same Una de complain..? who una complaining too? who una cry EPP xlf? make dem kukuma pass d bill joor...
I'm � in support.....
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Qadaffi2idiamin: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
God will punish nigeria's leaders.

All of them including their secret assassination organization, DSS
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Ekwensu12: 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2019
[s]
Officialgarri:
Where there's no law, there is no order.

There's no going back on this bill.

If PDP ever comes to power in this life, they should reverse it
[/s]
trash trash trash
Buhari is a criminal terrorist

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Ekwensu12: 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
[s]
DEHVEHLOP:

Igbo amaka
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Strica(f): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
Kendumazy:
Jonathan will just be laughing wherever he is. Below is what he said.

"The choice before Nigerians in the coming elections is simple: A
choice between going forward or going backwards; between the new
ways and the old ways; between freedom and repression; between a
record of visible achievements and beneficial reforms-and desperate
power-seekers with empty promises." Well, we put ourselves in this. Let's enjoy it!

It's the shirt seller again! Check my signature below for more details.

Folks keep saying stuff like this, like elections in Nigeria are a true representation of her people's choices.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by ud4u: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
Overself:
We told them that Buhari is evil,did they hear?
Now see the result!
Zombie go get sense by force!!

Evil indeed, how can such bill pass second reading. So they want to cage people not to speak.

A government that does not allow criticism is autocracy.

But they said we are under democracy, let them continue to deceive themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by LabDNA: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
I support the bill, I defintely know it won't affect my own people. We know the region where they raise kids with abuses and insults.

Na dem go suffer am pass.
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by cenaman(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
Only IPOB will oppose this bill because they are full of hate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by SweetPreeq(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
Don Jazzy all is not in order o angry
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by ud4u: 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
LabDNA:
I support the bill, I defintely know it won't affect my own people. We know the region where they raise kids with abuses and insults.

See what tribalism has done to you, pray for sense

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 21, 2019
Dem go build prison taya
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by obi58: 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
I have a question...

Does criticism of our basket keeper Akpeyi count as hate speech

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by ud4u: 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
cenaman:
Only IPOB will oppose this bill because they are full of hate.

You people are just displaying the level of your ignorance. Low mentality

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by LabDNA: 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
ud4u:

See what tribalism has done to you, pray for sense

Don't be emotional.

Nigerians knew what they wanted when they voted for this administration. If their representatives whom they voted want the bill, it means majority Nigerians want it. Your voice is the minority.
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by abeliver: 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hate speech bill,fake news,yada yada....

This Nigeria type of government is just to make her citizens miserable...I mean,a miserable person is by far the easiest to control.

So technically, they want a Nigeria/Nigerians that can be easily controlled.

I mean we are finally going to be practicing Democracy,with Aristocracy, Feudalism and whatnot.....

cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
we need the anti hate bill in Nigeria

during the last xenophobia, we can see the damage it did in Nigeria

fakenews is now the new digital tools for destabilization

fakenews and hate speech can cause death and civil wars

if we dont want Rwanda in Nigeria, we should regulate social media.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by salford: 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
Officialgarri:
Where there's no law, there is no order.

There's no going back on this bill.

If PDP ever comes to power in this life, they should reverse it
You obviously did not read the post. Do you know the Senator that harassed a lady in a sexx toy shop is PDP and one of those seriously agitating for this bill to be passed?
One of those seriously fighting against the bill is Nnamani (APC).

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Ken4Christ: 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
Please click like if you oppose the bill and share if you support the bill.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by joytothewise(m): 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
Godhatesodomy:

Fake News is dangerous. There is alot of fake news in America yet its coming from the government itself by Jewish mafias that employs black characters. There is more corruption coming from outside of Africa than within.

Wake up out your slumber

Are you in support of this?? Not in a country like Nigeria... most news are true!! If not all most!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
lilwetdick:
we need the anti hate bill in Nigeria

during the last xenophobia, we can see the damage it did in Nigeria

fakenews is now the new digital tools for destabilization

fakenews and hate speech can cause death and civil wars

if we dont want Rwanda in Nigeria, we should regulate social media.

is a good idea, but a lot of people don't trust this fake news bill. They want it to be clearly defined.
They feel they might mischievously twist the whole thing by tagging something like complaining, criticism as hate speech. This is the bone of contention.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by backnbeta(f): 10:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
Overself:
We told them that Buhari is evil,did they hear?
Now see the result!
Zombie go get sense by force!!
Yes, zombies will get sense by force...but whatever the zombies are going through is affecting the rest of us undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 21, 2019
joytothewise:

Are you in support of this?? Not in a country like Nigeria... most news are true!! If not all most!!!

many news in Nigeria are fakenews, false and dangerous especially on twitter and facebook and they spread like fire

no fact finding, just emotional people spreading fakenews

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
salford:

You obviously did not read the post. Do you know the Senator that harassed a lady in a sexx toy shop is PDP and one of those seriously agitating for this bill to be passed?
One of those seriously fighting against the bill is Nnamani (APC).

pls how does it relate with the bill

you look like someone that is partisan and can spread fakenews

pdpd vs apc instead of dealing with the content of the bill. the content of the bill is what matters not who is supporting and against the bill

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
LabDNA:

Bros, I pity for you and your children. You have absolutely no idea what they want to achieve with this bill. The only way for you and your children to be completely "safe" is to stop commenting forever on social media. Even the "hello" you say can be twisted against you.
That bill is dangerous and should not be allowed to see the light of day.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gokana LGA Rivers Under Attack / Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / 2019: Buhari Woos South-east With Capital Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.