Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal (24975 Views)

Tinubu Certificate Scandal: Constitutional Implications By Aisha Mohammed Agashi / Social Media Bill: Protesters Storm National Assembly (Photos) / Anti-Social Media Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Buhari & Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by supercase1(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2019
olash:

Hate speech.
Walahii....... U be Animal.......
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Depressed101: 10:27am On Nov 22, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

Take this from me; The bill doesn't hold water reason being that Nigerian political system is built on falsehood, tarnishing your opponents image to gather sympathy from gullible masses.

If eventually the bill comes alive, whom do you think that who be the first to break the law? Your guess is as good as mine.

you and me? Obviously, they want to shut us up while they steal
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by singledude(m): 10:28am On Nov 22, 2019
You are a BIG part of the problem of this country.Did you even THINK before you wrote this trash?

LabDNA:
I support the bill, I defintely know it won't affect my own people. We know the region where they raise kids with abuses and insults.

Na dem go suffer am pass.
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Keizzmann(m): 10:59am On Nov 22, 2019
I think we all should take time to read the full content of these bills before jumping to conclusions. The post is just a summary of it.

Be informed before holding your points.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Okikaneseokwu: 11:24am On Nov 22, 2019
Before they pass it into law,let me make it fast to say that this present administration is incompetent and lacks focus.Abba Kyari has finally destroyed Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by dederocs(m): 11:30am On Nov 22, 2019
The bill is not clear, rather ambiguous, it should be defined clearly, so that it does not contradict the freedom of speech and expression laws, and right to protest by the citizenry.
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Godhatesodomy: 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
Xisnin:

You lost all credibility by quoting a dullard as your source.
I bet you don't even know the meaning of fake news.

Trump is honest besides how many people you have quoted on the basis of character alone? I quote sources of verification I know that lots of governments use fake news. It's good to have at least one on record finally admitting to staging fake news.

Wake up out your slumber
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Godhatesodomy: 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
joytothewise:

You should wake up instead

Leave Americans headlines out of this!!

Like all the aforementioned in the articles are fake Like the just concluded news on killings in the just concluded news are faked?? Which news exactly is fake?? Or just cover ups?? The BH defeated news are fake?? Please let's be honest with ourselves!! Are you saying the economy is better than before?? That this government is fighting crimes and it is benefiting the populace??

There is more corruption outside of Africa than in Africa. That is the difficulty of the problem that there are a 100 armies against you.

Wake up out your slumber
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Godhatesodomy: 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
joytothewise:

Are you in support of this?? Not in a country like Nigeria... most news are true!! If not all most!!!

I'm in support of regulation to prevent disastrous fake news.
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Joystark(f): 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
People like me wey like to dey talk yunyun for SM and all these Nairaland keypad warriors.

This will be a huge blow. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by cactusland(m): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2019
Godhatesodomy:

Fake News is dangerous. There is alot of fake news in America yet its coming from the government itself by Jewish mafias that employs black characters. There is more corruption coming from outside of Africa than within.

Wake up out your slumber
Jewish mafia You have got to be kidding me! �
There is no such thing. By the way, that is kind of racist/tribalistic
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by yazga: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2019
It’s very obvious that the Social Media Bill is motivated by the discomfort experienced by corrupt senators, their plans to protect their self-interest & continue their corrupt acts.
This is a war against our freedom.
This is a war against our Power.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by DeOTR: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
ornicus:

Please explain how outlawing fake news and hate speech will usher in genocide.

Incidentally the who Babcock brohuaua is also partially about fake news. When the story broke, it was claimed that the action went down in the school clinic. People still say so, and many people, no matter what Babcock pushes out will firmly belive that the students were having sex in the school infirmary.

Just an example of the insidious nature of fake news
I thought we already have an existing law against libel?
Whatever happens to suing whoever you think impugned your image.
I'm very sure when the bill becomes law, they'll claim every news against them as false even with all the evidence.
See, whatever you people decide to do with Nigeria is absolutely none of my business.
If they like, they should outlaw the internet altogether. That's your headache.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by alphaNomega: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
Officialgarri:
Where there's no law, there is no order.

There's no going back on this bill.

If PDP ever comes to power in this life, they should reverse it

It is 2019, and you still haven't realised it is the same PDP bastàrds that are in APC today. You need help.
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by alphaNomega: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
nnanyereugo:
Una never see anything...more to come
When Buhari and his cohorts r done with naija, una go wish say make Angel Mikel blow trumpet grin

The only Mikel I know plays for Chelsea
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Sermwell(m): 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
technuel:
Bookmark or screenshot this comment
Buhari is preparing for third term
In the process of trying to go for third term, Crisis will erupt there will be massive clamp down on people which will trigger division in the military and there will be a Coup. I saw young fair fair guy taking over from Buhari, the emergence of the Military will draw the eyes of the world a d then Nigeria will have no choice but to follow the part of disintegration.
This is what I saw
I need some of that weed you are smoking!! it's one of a kind!!
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by SteveOfu: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
List of problems in Nigeria:

1. Unemployment
2. Inflation
3. Poverty and hunger
4. Bad Transport system
5. Internal security failures
6. Diseases and poor health care.

But these elected leaders and officials would rather shut your voice to speak truth.
#SayNoToSocialMediaBill
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Godhatesodomy: 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
cactusland:

Jewish mafia You have got to be kidding me! �
There is no such thing. By the way, that is kind of racist/tribalistic

Nonsense. Nigerians have cults too and they are ethnic based so don t act like the concept is new to you. grin
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Basseyobasiota: 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2019
if these our ambassadors of poverty (our so called leaders) don't know wat to discuss again in the Senate house, they should stay at home and rather send the allowances DAT should be given to them just because they sat down to discuss issues that are less important to the orphanage home...... we have unemployment, insecurity, etc issues to tackle...all they could do is to sit down and discuss social media!!... Rubbish!!...imagine recently governor Ben Ayade just sacked over 4000 workers in cross River state over nothing... dey won't see such an issue to discuss on...
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by kid7soccer(m): 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
grin cheesy grin
olash:

Hate speech. They coming for u
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by maasoap(m): 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2019
Abbo, a member of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), the main opposition party, supports the bill “holistically” because “if we cannot regulate the spread of falsehood, it will consume all of us.”

That's the bitter truth. If we don't mind our speeches on social media in Nigeria, it will one day consume all of us. Hate speech is too much, abuse of freedom of speech and expression is the order of the day. Nigeria is already polarised, letting this hate speech fester will result in disaster. Don't make hate speech, don't spread falsehood so that you wouldn't have anything to worry about
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by BigCabal: 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2019
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by kid7soccer(m): 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin
olash:

Hate speech. They coming for u
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by cactusland(m): 4:39am On Dec 03, 2019
Godhatesodomy:

Nonsense. Nigerians have cults too and they are ethnic based so don t act like the concept is new to you. grin
I know full well of the ethnic cults, but there simply is none (as far as Jews are concerned) outside of Israel.
Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Afolabimills(m): 5:28am On Dec 03, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

Take this from me; The bill doesn't hold water reason being that Nigerian political system is built on falsehood, tarnishing your opponents image to gather sympathy from gullible masses.

If eventually the bill comes alive, whom do you think that who be the first to break the law? Your guess is as good as mine.

God bless u Bros let's wait n c how it will work out sooner or later we know d originator or fake news lies propaganda hate speech

Re: Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal by Godhatesodomy: 11:57am On Dec 03, 2019
cactusland:

I know full well of the ethnic cults, but there simply is none (as far as Jews are concerned) outside of Israel.

then you know yet not understand. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As Vice President You Can’t Waive Your Immunity, Lawyer Tells Osinbajo / Police Deployed To Guard Hausa Settlement In Imo / Subsidy Removal: Residents Resort To Using Ox-Drawn Carts In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.