Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today (21647 Views)

Extremely Clean 2014 Gx460 With Original Custom Duty / Already soldd.. Foreign Used Lexus 2014 Gx460 White @12.9m Asking / *SOLD**SOLD*My 2014 Toyota Corolla- First Grade, Pristine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by izzou(m): 6:54am On Nov 22, 2019
EasyPeazy:

Izzou you couldn't have said it any better. The picture below is a picture of a comment I made way back. A lot of Nigerians are very cynical and heartless to a large extent as long as money is involved. They don't mind cutting corners to the last as long as Mula is made. We are that wicked!

Just imagine how so many agents are already here using subtle means to try to defend the situation!

If what many of them are saying is the truth, why did the clearing agent not inform the buyer that duty is being underpaid and that he has a work around.... so that buyer will be pre informed and be ready for customs Brouhaha?

I repeat my mantra "I fear who doesn't fear Nigerians. The name of God is always on there lips but there hearts are full of evil and wickedness."

angry

It's terrible. I know someone who died in an accident. When pictures of the car was shared, we noticed that despite the impact, no airbag deployed

The answer was simple: They thought they bought a Tokunboh with "full option", "non accidented" and blah blah blah... But the car had no airbag

A lot of Nigerians drive cars without airbags just because one person wants to be greedy.

We are very wicked here oh.

15 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by ProtectMyMoney: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2019
222Martins:
So the 2014 GX460 i pre-ordered from Manheim through KakakiAutos since July finally arrived this November 2019. You can see the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/5281450/experience-buying-2014-lexus-gx460

Kakeir office[/b]. That was when he opened up that he paid N1.9M total and used the N850k or there about to grease palms at the port. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

To be Continued!!!

222martins,

The number one question I like to ask is what protected your money when you transferred money to adexfem?

Do you have a copy of his passport, bvn number and customs licence as a clearing agent?

So that you can notify customs of the default on shortchange and take necessary action to prevent scenarios such as this case of customs seizing your vehicle.

Before you do any transactions, think of how your money is protected.

That is why we launched ProtectMyMoney service

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Openbusiness: 7:01am On Nov 22, 2019
ShenTeh:

I disagree with you sir.

He gave 222Martins that quote himself. The Op already claimed he doesn't like cutting corners, why help him to cut corners?

Is it your money?

That's fraud. Period.

I see your point sir and I don't dispute anything you said. This is where the problem began from, not doing what he agreed to do with the customer. The reason why I said it's not fraud is because from what the OP narrated, his agent did pay duty, even though short payment because he did back door clearing (clearing with part duty and settlements). Assuming he didn't pay duty at all, then that is fraud. That's why I used the word "TECHNICALLY" in my statement. I'm not defending the agent, nor do I support his action. He has himself to blame for this problem that could have been avoided if he followed his customer's wishes.

3 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by dannybrasky(m): 7:04am On Nov 22, 2019
@Adexfem what's your story? there are two sides to every story,from this point things are not looking too good for you. Its unnecessary to lower the clearing cost just to get the job off the o.p.
You can as well come out to explain what transpired and the way foward. Most importantly,it would be nice if you can explain in detail what went wrong.

1 Like

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by ProtectMyMoney: 7:06am On Nov 22, 2019
tempex88:

If agent charge u 2.7m, money to government won’t be up to 2.5m

Everyone should be able to calculate the cost of clearing a vehicle.

It is on the customs.gov.ng website under the cet tariff

Just search for vehicles and check which code your vehicle falls under

6 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 22, 2019
izzou:

angry

It's terrible. I know someone who died in an accident. When pictures of the car was shared, we noticed that despite the impact, no airbag deployed

The answer was simple: They thought they bought a Tokunboh with "full option", "non accidented" and blah blah blah... But the car had no airbag

A lot of Nigerians drive cars without airbags just because one person wants to be greedy.

if you see the death traps these guys tow from apapa every day, you will be afraid. structurally compromised vehicles
shebi we saw some jokers the other day modifying a 2010 prado to a 2016 one

13 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by tempex88(m): 7:09am On Nov 22, 2019
ProtectMyMoney:

Everyone should be able to calculate the cost of clearing a vehicle.

It is on the customs.gov.ng website under the cet tariff

Just search for vehicles and check which code your vehicle falls under

What is on the website is not what happens in practice

4 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 22, 2019
Openbusiness:

I see your point sir and I don't dispute anything you said. This is where the problem began from, not doing what he agreed to do with the customer. The reason why I said it's not fraud is because from what the OP narrated, his agent did pay duty, even though short payment because he did back door clearing (clearing with part duty and settlements). Assuming he didn't pay duty at all, then that is fraud. That's why I used the word "TECHNICALLY" in my statement. I'm not defending the agent, nor do I support his action. He has himself to blame for this problem that could have been avoided if he followed his customer's wishes.

it is fraud oga. he knew exactly what he was doing. he was paying to get the car out of the port rather than onto the road proper. what is amazing is the short term thinking here. do you think the car will sit in one estate and never be driven outside lagos? there is no way this would not have backfired. this is just the usual nigerian greed/corruption. the black kind. grasping and unable to think one step further. the adexfem guy may as well be a hungry street urchin, because this is the mentality of a person who does not know where the next meal is coming from.

10 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by dannybrasky(m): 7:13am On Nov 22, 2019
Openbusiness:

2 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by ShenTeh(m): 7:21am On Nov 22, 2019
Openbusiness:

Let's break it down:

If I ask you, "Mr Openbusiness, I am aware you know how well they sell palm oil in your village, please how much will it cost YOU IN TOTAL to get 25ltr down to Lagos for me?"

And you say "Shenteh, that will be #10,000 IN TOTAL." To which i then pay you.

If you get to your village to realize that the quote you gave me is insufficient, will you not tell me to buy a lesser quantity or to pay the difference?

Good. So if you are having to pay less for that task, should you also not declare it?!

But you see, we are Nigerians and to us, being smart means being shady and dishonest .

Not until we hear the agent's side of the story, what he did is a financial crime - and it is called 'fraud'.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by ProtectMyMoney: 7:22am On Nov 22, 2019
jaymichael:
That exactly is the issue. 35% duty +35% LEVY, 7% SURCHARGE on duty, 0.5% ETLS 5% VAT. add Shipping, Terminal and clearing agent fee, you are spending like 95% of the FOB VALUE of your car. Check am na, who fit pay the correct duty?
cc 222Martins

Attached below is the guide on custom website

1 Like

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Nyamiri: 7:38am On Nov 22, 2019
Openbusiness:

Is short payment fraudulent or not?
Answer yes or no and stop defending nonsense.

You're using "technically" to defend fraud and criminality. He has not seen someone that he would try this nonsense with and that one would maim him for life.

10 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by bomasek(m): 7:55am On Nov 22, 2019
The agent is a fraudster,that amount is too small to clear that whip shocked

6 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by legalwealth(m): 8:02am On Nov 22, 2019
Nyamiri:

Is short payment fraudulent or not?
Answer yes or no and stop defending nonsense.

You're using "technically" to defend fraud and criminality. He has not seen someone that he would try this nonsense with and that one would maim him for life.

Correct! !!

2 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by tillaman(m): 8:13am On Nov 22, 2019
izzou:
Someone came to you to clear a vehicle and you billed him. You didn't say "Oga, the bill is almost %90 of the cost price, but I can tip my way to make it lesser". You assured him he was paying the correct fee

He still called you while the car was to be transported. You still assured him that what he paid was correct.

And then they impound the car, and some of you come here to explain how it is impossible to pay custom duty and how the government is wicked

Being a Nigerian is a curse. An average Nigerian is wicked, dubious and deceitful. I don't think God listens to prayers about helping Nigeria. We are very good liars, and heartless

Imagine what people come here to explain
this is wisdom

3 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:15am On Nov 22, 2019
Chia this is really painful, yes i am owing some pple money also due to my stupidity, overconfidence and high handedness. I have come to learn some things involved in business due to past occurrences. "DONT TRY TO RISK PEOPLE'S MONEY WHEN ITS GIVING TO YOU FOR A SPECIFIC THING". it might land one in a pit that he/she might never come out from. AND ALSO HELP A BROTHER OUT OOOOOOOOO VEHICLE DELIVERY EXPERT TO ANY DESTINATION IN NAIJA INSHORT NOW IF ITS SAMBISA I WILL DELIVER THE CAR. CONTACT ME VIA THIS DIGIT 0810068228

2 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by Kufie(m): 8:16am On Nov 22, 2019
I want to quickly say these agents are the worst set of people to deal with but since I don’t know what goes down in the port, I’ll calm down and hold my words. There’s absolutely no reason why they shouldn’t give you full information on a service you’ve paid them for.

August 2019, my friend shipped in a clean title 2014 Toyota RAV4 XLE. He sent ₦1.5m to the agents and the agent paid a duty of ₦435k. FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY.

I was so upset because I had to drive that car to Abuja without license plates. My saving grace is that I’m almost always on the highway and I’ve served the one of the ACG of customs so I’m family to customs. Spent a lot more than usual to get the car to Abuja but thankfully I got it there.

I doubt there’s one honest clearing agent inside the Tin Can port honestly. I’m sorry about your ordeal. Adexfem this is very shameful.

6 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by jaymichael(m): 8:18am On Nov 22, 2019
ProtectMyMoney:

Attached below is the guide on custom website
I am a clearing agent. This is the Harmonised System Tarriff that contains hs codes of all articles and their duty rates. You can download it on trade.gov.ng For used cars and LCL consignments with CIF value of less than 5,000 USD you can apply for valuation from the customs command the consignment is stowed. These goods mostly don't come with PAAR. The tariff you posted doesn't reflect 0.5% ETLS, 7% SURCHARGE on duty, and 1% CISS which are included in the calculation of duty payable.
***I am late for work already...

5 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by MystiqueTaurus(m): 8:18am On Nov 22, 2019
Went to Apapa ports to pick up a car for the first time this year. I was amazed at the amount of heavily accidented cars that people import into this country. People no dey fear God.

Make una Dey sell Wetin you fit use. Abeg.

We are very wicked here oh. [/b][/color][/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by thebigkendo(m): 8:25am On Nov 22, 2019
izzou:
Someone came to you to clear a vehicle and you billed him. You didn't say "Oga, the bill is almost %90 of the cost price, but I can tip my way to make it lesser". You assured him he was paying the correct fee

He still called you while the car was to be transported. You still assured him that what he paid was correct.

And then they impound the car, and some of you come here to explain how it is impossible to pay custom duty and how the government is wicked

Being a Nigerian is a curse. An average Nigerian is wicked, dubious and deceitful. I don't think God listens to prayers about helping Nigeria. We are very good liars, and heartless

Imagine what people come here to explain

EOD...
If agent had told OP the full cost of clearing & he asked for the work around.. Then we can blame the OP..

But this case enhhh... The Agent Adexfem Bleep up..

6 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by ProtectMyMoney: 8:26am On Nov 22, 2019
MystiqueTaurus:
Went to Apapa ports to pick up a car for the first time this year. I was amazed at the amount of heavily accidented cars that people import into this country. People no dey fear God.

Make una Dey sell Wetin you fit use. Abeg.

We are very wicked here oh. [/b][/color]

Accidented cars are classified as CKD, or SKD, and they attract low duty than FBU.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by ProtectMyMoney: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2019
izzou:

[b]. An average Nigerian is wicked, dubious and deceitful. I don't think God listens to prayers about helping Nigeria. We are very good liars, and heartless

Imagine what people come here to explain [/b]

We know these things . That is why we launched ProtectMyMoney

1 Like

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by foolbuster: 9:21am On Nov 22, 2019
Honestly i dont blame the agent or the Op. I might not know the process of clearing a vehicle or obtaining customs duty but i cant seem to understand why no one is blaming customs.

The customs papers are not fake, they are genuine.
It was customs themselves that issued those papers and released the vehicle, irrespective of how the papers was obtained fact remains it was customs that issued those papers, it is not fake.
If the conditions were not met, why did they release the vehicle along with genuine custom papers? Why is nobody talking about arresting the custom officials involved in the processing of the documents and release of the vehicles knowing that the conditions have not been met.

Is it not criminal for customs to issue clearance and papers for a vehicle knowing that the vehicle should not be cleared so that they can turn around and impound same vehicle for more money.

12 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by izzou(m): 9:35am On Nov 22, 2019
foolbuster:
Honestly i dont blame the agent or the Op. I might not know the process of clearing a vehicle or obtaining customs duty but i cant seem to understand why no one is blaming customs.

It was customs themselves that issued those papers and released the vehicle, irrespective of how the papers was obtained fact remains it was customs that issued those papers, it is not fake.
If the conditions were not met, why did they release the vehicle along with genuine custom papers? Why is nobody talking about arresting the custom officials involved in the processing of the documents and release of the vehicles knowing that the conditions have not been met.

Is it not criminal for customs to issue clearance and papers for a vehicle knowing that the vehicle should not be cleared so that they can turn around and impound same vehicle for more money.

Of course, the agent should not be blamed..

When you give your mechanic money to buy original parts for you after he charges you for it, and he buys fake parts, don't blame the mechanic. Blame the importer and customs.

According to the story, who did the op meet to clear his car? The custom officer

Who gave him a bill of 2.750? The custom officer

This is Nigeria, and you are correct sir. The Customs should be blamed for this

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by thebigkendo(m): 9:54am On Nov 22, 2019
foolbuster:

I think we should blame Buhari self.. After all he appointed Colonel Hammed who is responsible for the criminal custom officer who you are blaming grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by tempex88(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2019
ShenTeh:
This will be very painful.

One day i told Gazzuz, "the guy I am talking about knows you very well. Should I trust him?" To which he replied, Don't trust any dealer!"

I will always put that to heart.

Don't trust any agent too has been added to that mantra.

And we will all be complaining about bad government, meanwhile we are worse.

i will still blame government because they designed the system. How will someone pay 3m to clear a car and another person pay 4.7m for same car. something is definitely wrong with the system.

and using one ex-president's analogy, you don't put yam and goat in same place and expect the goat not to eat the yam.

4 Likes

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by foolbuster: 9:59am On Nov 22, 2019
izzou:

Of course, the agent should not be blamed..

[b]When you give your mechanic money to buy original parts for you after he charges you for it, and he buys fake parts
, don't blame the mechanic. Blame the importer and customs.

According to the story, who did the op meet to clear his car? The custom officer

Who gave him a bill of 2.750? The custom officer

This is Nigeria, and you are correct sir. The Customs should be blamed for this[/b]

Oga is the customs papers original or fake?

Fact remains that the agent went through customs to obtain the original customs clearance papers. And customs released the vehicle.
So why will the same custom impound a car they have cleared and turn around to say they have not cleared.

I dont know what it is with Nigerians and not holding authourity accountable, but this mentality has to change.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by tempex88(m): 10:00am On Nov 22, 2019
izzou:

angry

The only person to blame is buyer who failed to do due diligence on the car. Before now, buyers focus is always engine and transmission. No one really checks safety.

error could be from manufacturer or any other person in the chain. That's why people advice you buy car history report to know if vehicle had some manufacturers defect or has had a serious incident.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today by foolbuster: 10:04am On Nov 22, 2019
thebigkendo:

I think we should blame Buhari self.. After all he appointed Colonel Hammed who is responsible for the criminal custom officer who you are blaming grin grin

Ofcourse, if not why not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fresh & Hot Foreign Used 016 Lexus Nx300h N19m / Authentic Tin Can Cleared Document For Cotonu Vehicles "Max 2days" / Section For The Budget Of Cars Below 1 Million Naira. (500k - 1m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.