Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually (10967 Views)

Nigeria Spends $1.2 Billion To Import Fish Annually - Emefiele / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion / NEPC Says Nigerians Unofficially Exporting $40bn Goods Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by johnmattew: 7:33am On Nov 22, 2019
helinues:
Import or export?

Ordinary cassava? It is high time we return into farming in this country.

Importing cassava? Na war oo
u need to go to school for proper comprehension. .did they say we are importing cassava?... learn to read and comprehend b4 commenting

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by osaweseforme(m): 7:34am On Nov 22, 2019
[it is the same, we export crude and buy the refined products quote author=ursullalinda post=84255378]This is unbelievable....if only we will look inwards and ignore oil ......we might salvage the situation....because as it is Nigeria is heading to no where [/quote]
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by johnmattew: 7:34am On Nov 22, 2019
Burgerlomo:
Habaa! Import cassava bawo?
who said we are importing cassava?...learn to read and comprehend na

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by liverpudian9(m): 7:53am On Nov 22, 2019
Then FG should ban importation of cassava derivative

4 Likes

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Burgerlomo: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2019
johnmattew:
who said we are importing cassava?...learn to read and comprehend na

Yah bashing pain me anyways issorite cool

1 Like

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by bizzibodi(m): 8:02am On Nov 22, 2019
helinues:
Import or export?

Read again,not cassava they import but derivatives.
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by helinues: 8:06am On Nov 22, 2019
bizzibodi:

Read again,not cassava they import but derivatives.

I saw the derivatives.. Do we still have to imports cassava derivatives? Is the cassava derivatives we are importing different from the one we have here
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by iceybux(m): 8:10am On Nov 22, 2019
modelmike7:
Hypocrite
Seriously That Ur Problem? How Dumb And Shallow Mind'd
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by vezycash(m): 8:10am On Nov 22, 2019
The person who made this statement should give a list of the cassava derivatives because I don't know any cassava derivative that's exclusive to cassava - even cyanide ain't. This person is actually claiming that any product made from corn, wheat, potato starch is a cassava derivative.

They are claiming that imported alcohol, soft drinks, bread, chocolate, flour and flour based products, toothpaste, superglue - even if they are made from corn or wheat are cassava derivatives. Even a 5 year old would laugh at this absurd claim.

3 Likes

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by diegwu02: 8:14am On Nov 22, 2019
oz4real83:
It is not different from the way we treat crude oil. We export crude oil and spent trillions importing its derivatives despite being the 6th or 7th richest producer of crude oil. Nigeria is always on a state of irony and joke.
Relax, things will change soon with the Refineries revived and Dangote Refinery coming on stream. Go see the work going on in Portharcourt Refinery

1 Like

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by oz4real83(m): 8:21am On Nov 22, 2019
diegwu02:
Relax, things will change soon with the Refineries revived and Dangote Refinery coming on stream. Go see the work going on in Portharcourt Refinery
I had high hopes about our refineries when Ibe kachukwu was state minister for petroleum. He made many promises. But at the end of the day, the next caption we heard from him was "why we failed". I don't trust any promises from a Nigerian politician anymore. With respect to Dangote's refinery, it will help a lot but must we continue to put the future of the whole Nigeria in the hands of one man, Dangote?.
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Jabioro: 8:31am On Nov 22, 2019
helinues:
Import or export?

Did you understand English? The word "derivative"
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by bikefab(m): 8:31am On Nov 22, 2019
This is what happens when a group of inept and clueless individuals manage the affairs of the country.
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by diegwu02: 8:34am On Nov 22, 2019
oz4real83:
I had high hopes about our refineries when Ibe kachukwu was state minister for petroleum. He made many promises. But at the end of the day, the next caption we heard from him was "why we failed". I don't trust any promises from a Nigerian politician anymore . With respect to Dangote's refinery, it will help a lot but must we continue to put the future of the whole Nigeria in the hands of one man, Dangote?.
So i felt about the Refineries but Mele kyari isnt joking like his predecessors

Brother, Dangote is not one man o. grin grin
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Mcreloaded(m): 8:34am On Nov 22, 2019
Everything CBN has said comes down to electricity.
Companies and industries all ran to Ghana and NOTE its not because Ghana has the market for its goods and services it's simply because Ghana has stable electricity.
I was involved in cassava farming and after taking the harvest to a factory in Lokoja i found out that it was not worth the stress at all at all. I am talking about trailers of harvested cassava. If there was stable electricity and i processed it to garri i would have made more cash.
Unless you want to process your cassava to garri in the long run then you can go ahead.

1 Like

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by shedy03(m): 8:42am On Nov 22, 2019
modelmike7:
PDP you support with your miserable life failed Nigeria.
If only they gave us only electricity for the 16 years they set Nigeria back as a nation and plundered lives!
Things could have been have been different.
Stop supporting criminals, thieves!
Are you sleeping?
Is APC performing differently?
APC is much worse a failure. Non of the pre-2015 change promises have been fulfilled. Now the failure continue to nextlevel.

1 Like

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by elderk: 8:42am On Nov 22, 2019
Let an entrepreneur gather 20 people to start a business now. After 6 months and they don't see a profit, they start fighting the entrepreneur for their money calling him a fraud. Until our minds shift we remain here.

1 Like

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by jaytee01(m): 8:47am On Nov 22, 2019
modelmike7:
If only they gave us only electricity for the 16 years they set Nigeria back as a nation and plundered lives!
And there are no criminals and thieves in the present government, abi?
Five years on, I hope that the saints have moved the country forward and no plundering is taking place?
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Digitalcreator(m): 8:49am On Nov 22, 2019
Omo.i sorry for una..o
Upon the cassava that we harvest we are still importing shit.. I sorry for una o...
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by bizzibodi(m): 8:49am On Nov 22, 2019
helinues:

I saw the derivatives.. Do we still have to imports cassava derivatives? Is the cassava derivatives we are importing different from the one we have here
Do we have or make derivatives here or you are referring to akpu & topiaca?
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 22, 2019
modelmike7:

Pls hold that ur misery to urself, i am not a PDP supporter. Keep doing ur BMC 30k per month job. The one supporting criminals, murderers and thieves in apc who have borrowed more money than PDP did in 16 years is you.

Respect urself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 22, 2019
helinues:

Which derivatives do we have here?

1 Like

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Jaqenhghar: 9:04am On Nov 22, 2019
modelmike7:

Agriculture is the way to go.
Only the wise will take up this offer as i and other sensible youths have done.

Don't sit down in your father's sitting room and keep complaining about no money in town.
Opportunities abound.
Go out and work.
The answer is not agriculture. The answer is becoming industiralized. You dont have one ethanol factory in that shithole. You cant boast of electricity there
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Jaqenhghar: 9:04am On Nov 22, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Which derivatives do we have here?
The question is how equipped are we to produce those derivatives
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Gokoyer0(m): 9:11am On Nov 22, 2019
Why can't we all stop all this political bigotry? Is it not most of the selfish leaders that left PDP are in APC? Mind you, APC is ruling Nigeria for almost 5 years now, do we have stable power supply?
modelmike7:
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by nazablossom(f): 9:15am On Nov 22, 2019
dermmy:
We'll start importing water. It's a matter of time. SMH
Nigerians have been importing bottled water since na
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 22, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

The question is how equipped are we to produce those derivatives

The north and yoruba is the primary reason why we can't, they destroyed Nigeria.

Back in the days of regional government, Nigeria was an exporting nation.
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by KunAviero(m): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2019
All these ones are stories. They think we don't know the opportunities that abound in this country? As long as the country is still in this current state, nothing will change and things will only get worse. The federal government of Nigeria have to play their part first by creating an enabling environment for us to come I and develop the rest. POWER SUPPLY IS A MUST. TAX MUST BE REDUCED FOR SME's. How can sme's be paying 30% tax? How can it work?BUSINESS REGISTRATION SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN A FEW HOURS. LOANS SHOULD BE PROVIDED FOR THOSE WITH GOOD CREDIT AND PROPOSALS. SECURITY SHOULD BE BEEFED UP. Benue state is the food basket of the nation but look at what they have suffered in the hands of herdmen. INFRASTRUCTURES NEED TO BE DEVELOPED. ROADS, RAILS, PORTS for easy movement of goods and services. The government have a lot to do, if not....our greatest asset (the youths) will keep leaving this country in their hundreds and of course they'll be taking their talents (known or unknown) with them.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by LANDLORD72: 9:34am On Nov 22, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Failed state
Fail Country
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by baratech: 10:21am On Nov 22, 2019
Shameful
Re: CBN: Cassava Derivatives Import Costs N183 Billion Annually by Qasim6(m): 10:27am On Nov 22, 2019
Even cassava derivatives too!!!!!!
we just keep showing all the traits of a failed state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Good Man Returns Extra N35k Paid To Him By A POS Operator / British International Investment Opens In Nigeria With $1 Billion Pledge / Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.