Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? (11059 Views)

My Funny Experience With Black Girls In Uk Club / This Gotta Be One Of The Prettiest Black Girls I've Ever Come Across... / Reasons Why Ladies Make It Difficult To Get Under Their Pants In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2010
Apparently it is widely reported that black women, especially successful ones, in the USA struggle to find an eligible partner.

Statistics seem to fight against them and support the assertion.

- There are 1.8m more black women than men

- Only 50% of black women have been married by the time they are 30

- 42% of black women have never been married

- 70% of black highly educated women (i.e. with undergrad only or and those with additional postgrad) are single

- For every 1 black man that graduates from college there are 2 black women who have done same

- 70% of African Americans in postgrad studies (i.e. Masters, PhD, JD, MD etc) are women

- More than 10% of black men of marrying age (20 to 34) are in jail

- At least 1 in 4 black men have spent sometime in jail

- There are more black men of college/university age in jail than in college/university

- Over 1 in 5 black men did not successfully pass high school

- Almost 1 in 5 of black men are unemployed

The case of the black woman in America gets worse as a significant proportion of the black men that do make it and are highly successful prefer interracial dating.

Also generally black American men are heavily into infidelity and the black women have a bad reputation in regards to manners and demeanors which is seen as aggressive and does not help their desirability.

So, girls in America, is it a struggle to find a decent and eligible man?

1 Like

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Yorisb: 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2010
- 42% of black women have never been married shocked
- There are 1.8m more black women than men

- 70% of black highly educated women (i.e. with undergrad only or and those with additional postgrad) are single
shocked shocked [size=2pt]no wonder they are always online seeking 4 who to devour snare[/size] lipsrsealed
Thats high and a very significant proportion and if only this stats is right then there are more chances of me living in ASO ROCK than a Black woman in Akata finding a Man undecided
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 20, 2010
Lot of people are single, whats the big deal abt black women being single? I am really sick of the media and their obsession on black women.
They always look for a way to paint black women darker.

2 Likes

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2010
rokiatu:

Lot of people are single, whats the big deal abt black women being single? I am really sick of the media and their obsession on black women.

This is like when a Nigerian is asked by a Danish guy why there is so much corruption in Nigerian, and the Nigerian man turns around and says: "There is corruption in Denmark too, so what is the big deal? Why are you trying to make us look bad? Is it because we is black?".

The thing there is the differential in "magnitude", which is the big deal!!!
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by tunnytox(m): 7:44pm On Nov 20, 2010
rokiatu:

Roki babe this is just a form of consolation that most women use but secretly a lot of them will rather been in a good relationship and are secretely jealous of their mates who are happily married. Life's too short and I'll be surprised if some ppl just decides to be single for no good reasons.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Odunnu: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2010
[img]">http://[/img]
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Odunnu: 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2010
I dont know about the stats but I do know its a 'street knowledge'.
I mentioned it some weeks back in a thread where a 34year oldwoman gurl said she stays (God knows where) abroad,she's nice,she's this &that(i'm not trying to demean her),yet she hasnt found a husband yet even though she's been searching. I innocently adviced her to take a break,come back home and stay a while,that i'm positive she'l get a guy. You need to see what the 'Akatas' did to me on that thread for my 'innocent' advice. ThankGOD Mukina deleted the entire thread.
But seriously,the black woman, not just in America but the 'western world' has a higher probability of dying single.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Odunnu: 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2010
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Yorisb: 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2010
X3

Odunnu:

I mentioned it some weeks back in a thread where a 34year oldwoman gurl said she stays (God knows where) abroad,she's nice,she's this &that(i'm not trying to demean her),yet she hasnt found a husband yet even though she's been searching. I innocently adviced her to take a break,come back home and stay a while,that i'm positive she'l get a guy. You need to see what the 'Akatas' did to me on that thread for my 'innocent' advice. ThankGOD Mukina deleted the entire thread.
But seriously,the black woman, not just in America but the 'western world' has a higher probability of dying single. 

Hmm, Ladies this is def worth trying if [s]u're above 27,live in akata and still single[/s] I were you undecided
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by lovemoi2(f): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2010
U asked a question, then gave yourself the answer by showing us all the statistics!!

NOW MY QUESTION TO U IS, ARE U ASKING/OR INFORMING US ABOUT THIS?? And what is ur point exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by 190: 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2010
poster

what about in UK unko,

The Black briton ladies are rude and care-free!!
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by kay177(m): 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2010
@ Sagamite

I pity your head, Watch out oooo, Dem go won Drop GRANADE anytime soon, SECURITY REPORT,

1 Like

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2010
lovemoi2:

U asked a question, then gave yourself the answer by showing us all the statistics!!

NOW MY QUESTION TO U IS, ARE U ASKING/OR INFORMING US ABOUT THIS?? And what is your point exactly?

My point is for US-based women to confirm by stating individual or friends experience, challenges and approaches to overcome them.

Odunnu:

What did they do to you? Who are they? Where are they?

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Yorisb: 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2010
Rotfl @Kaymoney grin
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by kay177(m): 10:24pm On Nov 20, 2010
Yorisb:

Rotfl @Kaymoney grin

Yorris, because I like the guy,  I they watch him back,  My boys just seized some ammunition from some girls now
see picture below,  More info,  as event unfold,  AND Stay tuned for update on SECURITY REPORT.

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by ElRazur: 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2010
Saga,

Bible don talk am say when the world is coming to an end, it will be a ratio of 7 females to one Male. It stated further that these women will beg the man to marry them and they will be living on their own and be responsible for their own bills but only just want to bear his name (and kids) (Okay the bible didn't say kids, but the rest is true. It is in the books or revelation)

So if you are a believer, I guess the words of the almighty is coming to past. grin
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2010
kay177:

@ Sagamite

I pity your head, Watch out oooo, Dem go won Drop GRANADE anytime soon, SECURITY REPORT,

Me? angry

Come on. Lets be realistic here. undecided
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by kay177(m): 10:42pm On Nov 20, 2010
Sagamite:

Me? angry

Come on. Lets be realistic here. undecided

If you have any word than REALISTIC is accepted,  Can you read my posts am watching your back,  ( protecting you from sudden attack or assault), I have been appointed your Chief Security Officer by Yorris,  I want you to fire on,   And I think you can see several of their attempted ASSAULT planning on you that I have faulted here, Just stay tuned for more SECURITY REPORT,
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 10:56pm On Nov 20, 2010
^^^ Ah! Good stuff!

I hope you can fight Karate?

The instruction as the Principal is, if you see any girl like that, Karate her down, handcuff her in a room and then inform me. cheesy
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by slap1(m): 10:57pm On Nov 20, 2010
I believe it is not an isolated case so it shouldn't really be a black woman thing. Husbands are difficult to come by. While the number of blokes in the prisons and priests in the churches play a significant role in this, the girls themselves are not helping matters. There are so many women out there, yet so few wives. A handful of them have a take-home character. It's either they're too materialistic, class-conscious, choosy, artificial or blindly religious. A good number of them realize their weaknesses and set about correcting them when the milk has been spilt.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by kay177(m): 11:03pm On Nov 20, 2010
Sagamite:

^^^ Ah! Good stuff!

I hope you can fight Karate?

The instruction as the Principal is, if you see any girl like that, Karate her down, handcuff her in a room and then inform me. cheesy

Am a trained M .I .5 you just go ahead with your stuff,  Am loaded with all skills, equipment and other GAdgets,
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Dsense(m): 11:05pm On Nov 20, 2010
@TOPIC
Ask Mitchell Obama undecided angry
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by kay177(m): 11:07pm On Nov 20, 2010
Who be this!!! ooh, na D-SENCE, OK undecided
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by yang(m): 11:19pm On Nov 20, 2010
Methinks its more of a Failure on the part of the guys than the girls.
C'mon man. . . . . . . . Is it a woman's fault that she is pursuing/already obtained a post grad degree. . . . . . . . Should she be blamed that the marryable young men are stuck in Jail. . . . . . . . . I think all the stats point to the failure on the part of the guys.

I'm sorry but You really can't keep blaming the Ladies for trying to be successful. Tell the men to sit up, stay out of jail and accept responsibility if she's pregnant.

3 Likes

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by amefi(m): 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2010
ElRazur:

Saga,

Bible don talk am say when the world is coming to an end, it will be a ratio of 7 females to one Male. It stated further that these women will beg the man to marry them and they will be living on their own and be responsible for their own bills but only just want to bear his name (and kids) (Okay the bible didn't say kids, but the rest is true. It is in the books or revelation)

So if you are a believer, I guess the words of the almighty is coming to past. grin

Isaiah 4:1
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2010
yang:

Methinks its more of a Failure on the part of the guys than the girls.
C'mon man. . . . . . . . Is it a woman's fault that she is pursuing/already obtained a post grad degree. . . . . . . . Should she be blamed that the marryable young men are stuck in Jail. . . . . . . . . I think all the stats point to the failure on the part of the guys.

I'm sorry but You really can't keep blaming the Ladies for trying to be successful. Tell the men to sit up, stay out of jail and accept responsibility if she's pregnant.

Definitely. No doubt!!!

At least they should be getting a degree on equal terms as the girl.

The postgrad might not be that worth it because there might be no return on investment as the black guys face more of a barrier in getting jobs, especially top jobs that require PhD, JD or MBA.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by tpia5: 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2010
For every 1 black man that graduates from college there are 2 black women who have done same

this doesnt sound right.

the figure should be higher for black women, i think.

Only 50% of black women have been married by the time they are 30

- 42% of black women have never been married

for this one, quite a lot of black males are baby daddies but never married as well.

not sure what the statistics are for them however.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 11:48pm On Nov 20, 2010
tpia@:

this doesnt sound right.

the figure should be higher for black women, i think.

Look at it very well, it is right.

The number of women that are college grads is double the number of men.

tpia@:

for this one, quite a lot of black males are baby daddies but never married as well.

not sure what the statistics are for them however.

Most of the men don't want to get married. Marriage is more of a woman thing.

The men are happy to be baby daddies. It suits their life perfectly.

Also, a lot of the black men marry outside the race. The women are more reluctant.

Stats says:

"Black men have the highest proportion, out of all races, to marry outside their race, whilst black women are the lowest proportion, out of all races."
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by tpia5: 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2010
Sagamite:

Look at it very well, it is right.

The number of women that are college grads is double the number of men.

i meant the number of women grads should be 3 or 4 times the number of men though i cant say for sure.

Stats says:

"Black men have the highest proportion out of all races to marry outside their race, whilst black women are the lowest proportion."

i think white men marry outside their race more. They could have been overtaken by black men, who knows.

for females, indian or arab women probably have the lowest rate of outside marriage.

black women marry outside their race in very high numbers. This doesnt mean a lot of black women dont still stick to black males though.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by kay177(m): 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2010
SECURITY REPORT UPDATE,  some group of women from US where arrested my men of the security Outfit called M I 5,  Report has it that these women were on a revenge mission,   To protest against what is being discussed about them,  they have been arrested and detained for  further questioning,  Thanks
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by ikamefa(f): 11:56pm On Nov 20, 2010
undecided
come why black american gals undecided undecided

all 'em britico gals nko? i guess they're all married and getting pregnant yearly? undecided
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2010
tpia@:

i meant the number of women grads should be 3 or 4 times the number of men though i cant say for sure.

That is at postgrad level.

Reality is that, even from the 2 to 1 superiority, it seems the girls are going to better schools and getting better grades.

tpia@:

i think white men marry outside their race more. They could have been overtaken by black men, who knows.

for females, indian or arab women probably have the lowest rate of outside marriage.

I think it is black men.

White men mainly marry white or Asian.

White men are usually an Asian women's God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

White Wedding: Is It Really Necessary?? / Why Pour The Sperm Inside Her Vagina? / A Nigerian Lady Cries Out On Her Husband's Love For Brezz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.