Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti (4007 Views)

I Won The Election. They Took Me To Court & I Won. I Am Proud Of Myself- Tinubu / Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back / Dino Melaye Rocks Customized Agbada To Kogi Election Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by Ritzy10(f): 6:31am On Nov 22, 2019
SDP governorship candidate in Kogi State, Natasha Akpoti, breaks down in tears as she narrates her ordeal.

The only female Governorship candidate in the last Kogi election recounts how she was humiliated by APC thugs in an interview with British broadcasting corporation.

She made the allegation in the video embedded below, shortly after the incident which occurred at the venue of the peace meeting organised by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

“On my way to participate in the INEC’s organised political stakeholders meeting … I was attacked and harassed by the APC thugs,” the SDP candidate alleged.

She added, “There were lots of policemen, there were over 500 men from the security agencies in different uniforms.

“I saw some young men in mufti, obviously they are thugs … the first attack was a verbal assault with a man calling me a Ashawo.”

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B5JTde5g8EZ/

https://zenithnaija.com/kogi-they-booed-me-and-called-me-ashawo-natasha-akpoti/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by Ritzy10(f): 6:31am On Nov 22, 2019
Very bad. This is not a do or die affair in saner climes
Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by LabDNA: 6:32am On Nov 22, 2019
That's politics for you. You must have a thick skin if you must survive its murky terrain.

8 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by ehbellsho(m): 6:36am On Nov 22, 2019
When you become governor someday this will just be history.
Focus on your dream and goal if you truly want it.

that's human for you.
Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by Sunnymatey(m): 6:37am On Nov 22, 2019
Well, that's how dirty nigerian politics is.

You ought to know better before your decision to actively involve yourself .
Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by Skyfornia(m): 6:44am On Nov 22, 2019
Don't stand near the kitchen if you don't like fire....she should know that Nigerian politics is dirty.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by SEGLIZ: 6:46am On Nov 22, 2019
that is the part to greatness. is doesn't come that easy and smooth.
it is human for you to feel the way you've done.
you battle for ajaokuta not to be sold came to fruition.............for that alone I say Kudos. the best compensation from your people should have being this seat.
success some other time.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by hisexcellency34: 6:48am On Nov 22, 2019
Too bad but your own is better. What about the PDP woman that Yahaya Bello's thugs roasted alive?

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by densiks: 6:49am On Nov 22, 2019
Not trying to disparage her person but I’ve personally observed her style sometime in the past and I can honestly say her modus operandi does not exonerate her from the ashawo tag.

However being an ashawo doesn’t disqualify her from eligibility to govern Kogi state that’s why she was allowed to participate in the elections.

Maybe the leadership quagmire Kogi has been suffering could have been turned around by someone plying such a trade, unfortunately Yahaya Bello and his thugs wouldn’t allow such.

She can try her luck next time Ash.. or not.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by NOC1(m): 6:50am On Nov 22, 2019
Is normal thing in politics, the only difference between ours and western world is Ballot Box snatching, militarization, shooting and daylight rigging.
But name calling and blackmailing we are yet to catch up with western world.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by soberdrunk(m): 7:25am On Nov 22, 2019
Format!! Make uncle Bello settle her with commissioner.... angry

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by NwaAmaikpe: 7:26am On Nov 22, 2019
shocked

She is a complete undisguised joker to think politics is about whipping up feminist sentiments.

Any aspiring woman in Nigeria who still has a problem with being shamed as an ashawo will never go far.

Worse even,
Any woman who thinks she is ready to face the troubles of a state by being its Governor yet can not handle being called an ashawo is simply not ready because the only criteria for being a successful governor is to possess both a thick skin and a big ball of steel.

Life is simple.
If the crowd called her an ashawo, she should have told them "I am not an ashawo" and gone ahead to give them reasons to prove why she should not be seen as one.
Until then, she shouldn't blame them for calling her one.

Because like they say, there is rarely smoke without fire.

Hello Michael Asiwaju.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by Lagosfinder(m): 7:35am On Nov 22, 2019
truly we are not yet ready for a woman governor
Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by helinues: 7:38am On Nov 22, 2019
She feels very bad ooo... grin angry

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by Kastrom: 7:45am On Nov 22, 2019
cry
Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by netpro(m): 7:53am On Nov 22, 2019
It is bad. But name-calling is not only found in Nigeria.

She should ask the interviewer the names they called PM May in the UK. She had to resign as Prime Minister to stop the insults.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by AmuRubber(m): 8:35am On Nov 22, 2019
Shame of a nation.
Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by wwwihy: 8:38am On Nov 22, 2019
Madam you never start. I was listening to President Bill Clinton yesterday as part of my daily routine, he said "President Abraham Lincoln was once called a baboon, that should be stopped from taking the oath of office in an Editorial by a newspaper. While George Washington, the First President and founding Father of the United States, was called a road side surveyor, who has never won a battle".Today President Lincoln is regarded by majority of Americans as the greatest President, while President Washington did not only win the war against the Colonial Masters led by King George of Great Britain, but also, the US got independence through the war he commanded , got elected as the First President of the Republic and got the Capital of the nation named after him.

Lesson : There is no Statue erected for Critics and Wailers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by SisterFire(f): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2019
...Will they know peace? NO ,
Africans are useless , I left politics because of this , So blind and evil gush ,

Stereotyping women by mods even in nairaland ,is d order of d day shame shame shame ...

Cc rekhinat

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by SisterFire(f): 9:39am On Nov 22, 2019
helinues:
She feels very bad ooo... grin angry
...Her tears and sorrow shall haunt u like a murdered monster

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by helinues: 9:39am On Nov 22, 2019
SisterFire:
...Her tears and sorrow shall haunt u like a murdered monster

Ban dey hungry you abi?
Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by SisterFire(f): 9:40am On Nov 22, 2019
helinues:

Ban dey hungry you abi?
...such a boy swerve

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by Okoroawusa: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2019
That's bad...too bad

Am sorry it happened to you.

Nigeria is a society where women are not respected. More so when you are successful woman. Even your fellow women will call you "ashewo"...

Natasha...let me apologize on their behalf.
Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by SisterFire(f): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2019
wwwihy:
Madam you never start. I was listening to President Bill Clinton yesterday as part of my daily routine, he said "President Abraham Lincoln was once called a baboon, that should be stopped from taking the oath of office in an Editorial by a newspaper. While George Washington, the First President and founding Father of the United States, was called a road side surveyor, who has never won a battle".Today President Lincoln is regarded by majority of Americans as the greatest President, while President Washington did not only win the war against the Colonial Masters led by King George of Great Britain, but also, the US got independence through the war he commanded , got elected as the First President of the Republic and got the Capital of the nation named after him.

Lesson : There is no Statue erected for Critics and Wailers
...that's 150yrs ago events u narrate here , wat is road side surveyor?

Baboon is that one an insult compared with ashawo ? Answer me...

Do you know how it feels and u are talking of baboons and road side surveyor as insult?

Call natasta "A zombie , A gorrilla or a chronic idiot n she will smile at u ...nonsense blacks

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by SisterFire(f): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2019
Hahahaha hahaha...our devil incarnate Bmcs are saying "Is just politics " wicked pple.......

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by helinues: 9:53am On Nov 22, 2019
SisterFire:
...such a boy swerve

The fear of getting banned is the beginning of receiving sense... grin grin

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by Chibuzoc(m): 9:54am On Nov 22, 2019
LabDNA:
That's politics for you. You must have a thick skin if you must survive its murky terrain.

Please define politics
Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by Chibuzoc(m): 10:01am On Nov 22, 2019
netpro:
It is bad. But name-calling is not only found in Nigeria.

She should ask the interviewer the names they called PM May in the UK. She had to resign as Prime Minister to stop the insults.

Supporting injustice because it suits you smh. Ashawo is an illegal enterprise. Guy tell me what is hate speech and fake news. You guys are the founders of hate speech and fake news and yet you still want to pass a bill on hate speech.

Nigeria needs redemption from God

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by wwwihy: 10:16am On Nov 22, 2019
SisterFire:
...that's 150yrs ago events u narrate here , wat is road side surveyor?

Baboon is that one an insult compared with ashawo ? Answer me...

Do you know how it feels and u are talking of baboons and road side surveyor as insult?

Call natasta "A zombie , A gorrilla or a chronic idiot n she will smile at u ...nonsense blacks

What about the present day People....Obasanjo, Jonathan, Tinubu and Buhari were called names.....to the extent of wailers saying someone is dead. Politics is about insults and abuse , it may hurt someone, but you dont take personal.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by jom28gy(m): 10:25am On Nov 22, 2019
So you have not know that APC, are tart mumus
Re: Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti by SisterFire(f): 10:28am On Nov 22, 2019
wwwihy:

What about the present day People....Obasanjo, Jonathan, Tinubu and Buhari were called names.....to the extent of wailers saying someone is dead. Politics is about insults and abuse , it may hurt someone, but you dont take personal.
...Natasha is normal ,d above listed names are bloodsuckers ,
.......u will as well say Even Satan was called useless names , FYI the deadman is dead

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Helicopters Hover Kanu's Home; Igbo Will Never Be President; Ihedioha B / I Prefer Sleeping In Cell, Not Office, That’s Allah’s Wish – Magu Tells Police A / U.S. Forces Have Conducted A Hostage Rescue Operation In Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.