Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

I Still Earn N5m Monthly As Ex-england Player – Fashanu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Still Earn N5m Monthly As Ex-england Player – Fashanu (391 Views)

John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today / John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player / Amal Fashanu, My Daughter Pays The Bills - John Fashanu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Still Earn N5m Monthly As Ex-england Player – Fashanu by odun360(m): 6:57am On Nov 22, 2019
A former England striker of Nigerian descent, John Fashanu has revealed that he still receives N5m monthly as pension from the English Football Association.

The former Wimbledon striker who made this known on Tuesday in Abuja was explaining why it is becoming increasingly difficult to convince players with Nigerian roots to dump their adopted countries.

Saying Nigeria must put in place attractive welfare packages for all former players of the national team, Fashanu expressed support for players like Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori who have decided to play for England and not Nigeria, their country of origin.

“Till today, I still get my benefits, my pensions. I get N5m monthly as pensions for being an ex-footballer in England and I am now in my 50s.

“Tammy knows why he hasn’t played for the Super Eagles and it’s because there is more financial benefits playing for England, there is more glory and less wahala.

“Why do we ask the boy to play for Nigeria and torture him? We need to step up. Tammy is a massive miss for Nigeria. Nobody went to London to talk to him and explain to him the benefits of playing for his motherland.

“And when you hear what happened to Kanu Nwankwo, Jay Jay Okocha, did anybody come out to defend him over his tax bills, did anybody come out to defend Kanu when he had issues with his hotel,” he asked.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/11/i-still-earn-n5m-monthly-as-ex-england.html?m=1

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Re: I Still Earn N5m Monthly As Ex-england Player – Fashanu by mimimile93: 7:00am On Nov 22, 2019
odun360:

A former England striker of Nigerian descent, John Fashanu has revealed that he still receives N5m monthly as pension from the English Football Association.

The former Wimbledon striker who made this known on Tuesday in Abuja was explaining why it is becoming increasingly difficult to convince players with Nigerian roots to dump their adopted countries.

Saying Nigeria must put in place attractive welfare packages for all former players of the national team, Fashanu expressed support for players like Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori who have decided to play for England and not Nigeria, their country of origin.

“Till today, I still get my benefits, my pensions. I get N5m monthly as pensions for being an ex-footballer in England and I am now in my 50s.

“Tammy knows why he hasn’t played for the Super Eagles and it’s because there is more financial benefits playing for England, there is more glory and less wahala.

“Why do we ask the boy to play for Nigeria and torture him? We need to step up. Tammy is a massive miss for Nigeria. Nobody went to London to talk to him and explain to him the benefits of playing for his motherland.

“And when you hear what happened to Kanu Nwankwo, Jay Jay Okocha, did anybody come out to defend him over his tax bills, did anybody come out to defend Kanu when he had issues with his hotel,” he asked.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/11/i-still-earn-n5m-monthly-as-ex-england.html?m=1

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
ok
Re: I Still Earn N5m Monthly As Ex-england Player – Fashanu by angelEmade: 7:04am On Nov 22, 2019
we live in a shit hole....I swear
Re: I Still Earn N5m Monthly As Ex-england Player – Fashanu by daddytime(m): 7:12am On Nov 22, 2019
Can you imagine?

No wonder Fashanu prefer to stay Niger dey ball because of exchange rate.

No be everything wey comot from the guy mouth I dey take sha...

I sabi am wella

1 Like

Re: I Still Earn N5m Monthly As Ex-england Player – Fashanu by Ezemarcel(m): 7:13am On Nov 22, 2019
Lies
Re: I Still Earn N5m Monthly As Ex-england Player – Fashanu by majamajic(m): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2019
he can now live comfortably all his life in Nigeria , with his pension money alone

1 Like

Re: I Still Earn N5m Monthly As Ex-england Player – Fashanu by lexyman(m): 7:35am On Nov 22, 2019
Advantage of a well structured environment

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Announces He's 'coming Out Of Retirement In 2020' / UCL: Tottenhan Vs Olympiacos 4 - 2 Full time / Anthony Joshua Is The Heavy Weight Champion Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.