Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police (75862 Views)

Lady Shows Off N1.2m Goods Her Staff Stole From Her Shop (pics/video) / EFCC: How Bank Staff Stole Over ₦870 Million Within 3 Days / 'Young Money' Caught In A Hotel After Stealing N300K From Mom's Account. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Myhusband(m): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
solmusdesigns:
grin grin

you will still be deal with in other channel ode boy

dummy
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by ppogba: 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
CHOPUP411:
Police commissioner did not know how bank works,sometimes opening d vault ahead is to safe their own life.if u have worked in bank and experienced robbery,u will understand and there is no way any staff could av escape because some of d armed robber maybe around to shoot anyone that tried to escape

Of all the comments so far, yours is the only one I can respond to.
There is the need for the police to train it's top officers on the operations of some certain organisations. Banks inclusive.
It is even saddening that the public especially people on the forum seems to have bought oga commissioner's logic hook, line and sinker.

First, the robbers were shooting at the police station 2 poles away and he expected the bankers to have run away. Abasi mbo! Run to where? In what direction? Would he have recommended that? Perhaps he is recommending that!

Second, footage shows entry and exit into the vault after hearing the gun shots. That is perfectly normal for anybody that cares to know. In such situation, you either hurriedly move cash into the vault or where you love yourself, ensure that the vault is partly open for easy access in case they eventually come in. Beloved, robbers will not take kindly to you fidgetting and fiddling with the vault keys when they enter in anger and desperation.

Third, bankers stuffing their pockets with money? I will be magnanimous to call that a lie from the pit of whatever! All bank workers are aware that CCTV monitors. Does the Commissioner think that if the robbers did not come into the bank, books will not be balanced and thorough review done?

Oga commissioner did not address the issue of his staff who ran away and could not even encounter the robbers from any safe heaven. Where did the run to? To their wives? Watching from a safe distance or seeking from re-inforcement which eventually failed to come?

TELL US A NEW STORY SIR.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by solmusdesigns: 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
stop crying on my mention, did anybody take you candy? boy please swerve

Myhusband:

you will still be deal with in other channel ode boy

dummy
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Begelembe: 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

[/s]
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by wink2015(m): 4:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
Abiodun Nejo,

Ekiti State Commissioner of Police , Mr Asuquo Amba , said on Friday that the Inspector General of Police , Mohammed Adamu , had ordered a thorough investigation into Thursday ’s armed robbery attack on the Oye Ekiti branch of a new generation bank and the Oye Police Division.

Amba , who said there was a close similarity between the armed robbers ’ attack and the one on a bank at Ise Ekiti about two months ago , said , “ The IGP has directed that there must be a very thorough investigation and that this mode of operation must be brought to fore .”

The robbers, who attacked the police station to dislodge the security agents ahead of the bank robbery where they blasted the security door with dynamite and carted away over N 25 million and some foreign currencies also killed two persons – a policeman and a seven - year -old girl.

The police commissioner bemoaned the killing of the police sergeant who was on duty at the bank and the girl, whose mother was a hawker in the bank area by the robbers in the attack.

The police boss , who spoke at Oye Ekiti during an on - the-spot assessment of the bank and divisional station, said video footage from the closed- circuit television in the bank suggested that the robbery was carried out in connivance with insiders.

He said, “ What baffles me is that there was nexus between the robbers and insiders in the banking premises. The Oye Police Division is about one or two poles from here. It was the first point of attack . The bankers confirmed that they heard the shots and it took about 10 minutes before the robbers arrived at the bank from there.

“ Within the period , there were some activities that went on inside the bank . It is either there was strict connivance , or that the bank officials took advantage to carry out their own intention which an investigation would prove .

“ Between the time the robbers attacked our men and the time the robbery took place , the staff had enough time to escape through the exit door.

They were captured by CCTV moving in and out of the vault. The vault was even opened before the robbers came.

“Despite the opportunity , none of them made efforts to escape, they were stuffing money and there is evidence to prove this.

“ The staff opened the vault by 3:05p.m . and the robbers blew up the security door at 3:12 pm. , this gave a strong suspicion that there was internal collaboration in this matter.

“ What we have seen is that there is a missing chain in the link. It is that missing chain that we are working out . And I can assure you that we will mend the missing chain to get the result of our investigation , ” he said .

Amba alleged that the CCTV also revealed how the bankers and a customer , who ran inside upon hearing the gunshots, had used the robbery opportunity to stuff money into their pockets as they moved frequently into the vault before the bandits blew the security door with dynamite.

He said the robbers had during the attack on the police division used about seven or eight improvised explosive devices.

“ The Divisional Police Officer was quite lucky because I went to his office, his seat was pierced . There was consistent firing. They went to almost all the offices and they attempted to get to the armoury , they were not able to breakthrough .”

https://punchng.com/ekiti-bank-robbery-cctv-captured-staff-stealing-money-say-police/

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD TACKLE MASS UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA.

IT IS ONE OF THE CAUSE OF ARMED ROBBERY AS THERE ARE TO MANY IDLE PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by kjhova(m): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

mumu banker, you have unristricted access to the Finacle banking platform and you are tourching cash

Me i will just pay in 15 million into my friends account as soon as i can after the robbers go, and claim the teller and the money was carted away, better yet i will pay it to the account of an online bitcoin trader and contact the trader for the cryptocurrency to be transfered to my wallet, Dubai Cable Visa take 48hrs to max a week

Big ticket transactions require authorization. You'd still end up like this dumb banker for attempted fraud!

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Jiokejohn: 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:
Bank staffs are worst than armed robbers itself. Those bankers including their ogas that are so wealthy, did you think is their money?, is people's money, both the living and the dead. And they will be saying Police, NEPA are the most corrupt in Nigeria, well, for me bankers are the most criminals and most corrupt institutions in the world. Nonsense and Central Bank.

Hate speech!
You hate bankers.
Death sentence loading,
Hahahaha! �
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Myhusband(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
solmusdesigns:

I hate stupidity. how can a sane human be advising bankers to swindled money in a scene life was lost and you're just saying rubbish all in the course of supporting a party

do you enjoy the dividends of APC than Yusuf Buhari, Zahra buhara, Kiki Osibanjo

why can't you make use of your common sense for once ?
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
[quote author=teejoyz post=84268746][/quote]

This is laughable. You have no iota of idea about what you claim to know so much about. If you ever put into practise your naive ideas above,you will be detected by the system and picked up by the police within minutes.
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

mumu banker, you have unristricted access to the Finacle banking platform and you are tourching cash

Me i will just pay in 15 million into my friends account as soon as i can after the robbers go, and claim the teller and the money was carted away, better yet i will pay it to the account of an online bitcoin trader and contact the trader for the cryptocurrency to be transfered to my wallet, Dubai Cable Visa take 48hrs to max a week

This is laughable. You have no iota of idea about what you claim to know so much about. If you ever put into practise your naive ideas above,you will be detected by the system and picked up by the police within minutes.
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by aspiring44: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
Upton:
So the robbers went to the police station first? So do you mean they chased police away?

Exactly the modus operandi used at ikorodu 4years ago were they to have lock up the police station before the operarion .. They shattered the doors and also blew up a vehicle in front of the station.

Eventually, they were caught within days

Any robbery perpetrated and blood is shed , it won't take long they will be caught .

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by oneTIMEman(m): 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
You guys are mad with your yeye investigation, cant you investigate the helicopter fireng teergass on Saturday?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Adakintroy2: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Online rus girl say at least i dont sit around in chalets. A is a theive. It's a mind concept.
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Enemyofpeace: 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
Some people go do Christmas for inside prison be that
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by solmusdesigns: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2019
lol ticket authurization abi, lol grin

OROSUNBOLB:

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Begelembe: 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
lol ticket authurization abi, lol grin

[/s]
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by IceColdVeins(m): 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lol you absolutely no nothing about data forensics.
solmusdesigns:
cool

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by BOBAN2710: 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
Riversides2003:
The hardship in the land has turned an average Nigerian to a potential thief. The only thing is that some do not have opportunity to steal and the moment they find one like this, they go all out. Even the police reporting this are bigger thieves.

WHY DIDNT THE HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY TURN YOU TO A HARDEN CRIMINAL OR AN ARMED ROBBERS LIKE THEM.?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Ryan03(f): 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2019
Riversides2003:
The hardship in the land has turned an average Nigerian to a potential thief. The only thing is that some do not have opportunity to steal and the moment they find one like this, they go all out. Even the police reporting this are bigger thieves.
see them, judge the case on ground, no they won't. They want to blame the police trying to do their work. These are tho ones that will blame the police for their missing guguru and the death of the die hard criminals in their family. Nonsense and your rotten brain
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by 369digital: 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
There will always be an insider
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
Upton:
So the robbers went to the police station first? So do you mean they chased police away?
is that not the modus operandi of armed robbers in naija? dem dey attack police station b4 dem go bank nau.d same way d offa armed robbers struck.e no suppose surprise u.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Nickisindigo(m): 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
what I sha know is that the amount announced is not the real amount stolen

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
Befii:
There is some kind of sense in the police report. However, the statement fail to explain why staff in the bank were supposed to run or escape. When you say escape, do you mean someone should run to avoid casualties, cause if you ask me, robbers don't go to bank to kill but to steal. The police failed completely. My point is, it is a bank, the sound of an explosion or gunshots nearby may not necessarily mean an impending attack on the bank, in such situation, while you may not completely rule out the suspicion that something was something, you still can't be too sure. And interestingly, the police station was incapacitated by the determined robbers, people who could have given protection to the bank were overrun, so the bank staff were left at the mercy of the robbers. Who should be blamed?
Then as regards the CCTV footage, i love to ask, who controls the bank CCTV, the bank or the police. We all know the bank staff is accountable to the operations of the CCTV camera, and the police only gets a CCTV footage if is issued to them by the bank. Now tell me, if the bankers are complicit in the incident, wouldn't they erase that particular footage that would expose their supposed involvement. Secondly, do u think the bankers do not knw about the presence of monitoring device in their bank branch. The police division around that vicinity should patch up their security flaws, do proper investigation, and should not blame the bank staff, if there is any one to suspect for now, it's d police. Cause they fail in their duty to protect. Hope it makes sense.
99 percent of armed bank robberies na inside job my guy.no armed robber can just blow in and rob with ease.for him to have a succesful hit he must have the aid of an insider.
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Hubsolar: 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
qualityovenbake:
Two robbery took place that same day. The first was by the bank officials armed with suits and pen while the second was by the masked robbers armed with guns and dynamite.

Guess whose figure would be higher grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Theomarvelus(m): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

I sue you for bad speech, ole buruku, buhari must hear this, I know ur house
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2019
qualityovenbake:
Two robbery took place that same day. The first was by the bank officials armed with suits and pen while the second was by the masked robbers armed with guns and dynamite.
They knew the police couldn't stop the robbers, they just used the opportunity to take their share while the arm robbers took the remaining share.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by ATTemi: 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2019
Reminds me of a Papa Ajasco series I watched while growing up.
Papa Ajasco, Boy Alinco, Pa James and Miss pepeye stole from the bank. Pa James was told they stole N5M. News at night say they stole N30M.
Pa James went 2 the police station 2 report they only stole N5M against N30M reported!

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by GindoX(m): 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
CHOPUP411:
Police commissioner did not know how bank works,sometimes opening d vault ahead is to safe their own life.if u have worked in bank and experienced robbery,u will understand and there is no way any staff could av escape because some of d armed robber maybe around to shoot anyone that tried to escape

Bro, you get sense

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by qualityovenbake(m): 5:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
charliboy654:

They knew the police couldn't stop the robbers, they just used the opportunity to take their share while the arm robbers took the remaining share.
That's stealing. They better pray that the CCTV did not capture their faces.
Re: Ekiti Bank Robbery: Staff Stole Money, Caught On CCTV - Police by qualityovenbake(m): 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hubsolar:

Guess whose figure would be higher grin
The bank staff

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Helped Me Escape - Wadume Confesses (Full Transcript) / Soldiers Turned Back At Gbagada By Protesters Who Refused To Accept N2000 Bribe / Lady Who Robbed US Bank With Cleavage On Display Declared Wanted By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.