Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,476 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America - Business (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America (76395 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 23, 2019
kowalsky:

Lol. Get your tinfoil hats everyone grin

The ignorant arrogance is so bizarre. People are actually lying to themselves that a second tier airline in a backwater country is some sort of threat to the us aviation industry.Like saying apple is intimidated by tecno.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by kowalsky: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

Knowing the nature of the non strategic government we have today, Our government might likely play ball with the yanks and throw the man and brand under the bus. American will always lookout for it's own regardless.

Airpeace is succeeding where Nigerian Airways failed. This is a national asset that must be protected at all cost.

Suceeding with funds from questionable origins.
Ive always thought of the whole 'peace' brand as being too shady for comfort.
The expansion from motoring to air travel, even as the former was bleeding customers, leaves too much to be desired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by kowalsky: 10:34am On Nov 23, 2019
ornicus:

The ignorant arrogance is so bizarre. People are actually lying to themselves that a second tier airline in a backwater country is some sort of threat to the us aviation industry.Like saying apple is intimidated by tecno.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Westernlove: 10:35am On Nov 23, 2019
mmsen:

Why would they when it is Nigerian politicians and civil servants who collect these bribes and then cover up the crimes of the American companies

Stop wasting your precious limited time quoting such people. Their level of reasoning Is below Par.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Almajiri1: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2019
kowalsky:

Suceeding with funds from questionable origins.
Ive always thought of the whole 'peace' brand as being too shady for comfort.
The expansion from motoring to air travel, even as the former was bleeding customers, leaves too much to be desired.

Next now you tag him a ritualist.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Patrioticman007(m): 10:39am On Nov 23, 2019
Na dem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by uncletorino(m): 10:43am On Nov 23, 2019
In marly’s voice “Ole levery body”
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Westernlove: 10:44am On Nov 23, 2019
ornicus:

People say companies are packing up because of Buhari, but what you find if you look under the surface is that they are packing up because executives have looted them to death. You see some of our billionaires posing up and down, but they left the carcasses of once thriving companies in their wake.

I believe there are still few kindhearted and God fearing people like u who knows the truth. The major problem of this nation are the gullible divided and Impoverished masses.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by shaw2(m): 10:48am On Nov 23, 2019
I know that he must have been helping the criminal politicians in Nigeria to Lauder their stolen money.
It's quite appalling that he's indicted. Many will still be unveiled.
Unless he's into drugs to make such huge amount of cash if not that money is our constituency projects money which is been transfered to use using his company name to disguise the fund

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:55am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

American businessmen and politicians commit far worse than you could ever imagine.
You spoke the truth

US has a far worse corrupt system that oversees the legitimate funnelling of billions of dollars into private pockets. But dumb Nigerians will dispute this
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by pocohantas(f): 10:58am On Nov 23, 2019
izzou:

Well, hope you've purchased new earbuds.

Maybe it's time you move back to Dana airlines grin

Hmmmm. Good news for Dana sha!!
How did I even forget them cheesy

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by BreconHills(m): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2019
Hizzy:

I didn't mention any other tribe I only mentioned my tribe IGBO

Why mention any tribe and name at all? The report said nothing about tribe or names. Dont make this a default setting. Its inane. Let's address the meat of the report. If it is too complex, ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Xbee007(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
You don't know anything about Dangote's beginning days.

You only know about Dangote now that he is a billionaire. How did he get to that level

Dangote did a lot of $ round tripping fraud and tax evasion when he was still coming up. Stop looking at him now that he has grown so big, look at when and how he started those are my points of reference.

Do you know that Otedola and Dangote weren't in good terms until Goodluck Jonathan came into power

Did you know that Otedola at a time ran away from Nigeria to Ghana due to debt, when Nigerian government was all over him until Goodluck became President and gave him so waivers and brought him back and gave him lots of contracts

Do you know the cause of Dangote and Otedola secret war back then

I will stop here, take care
Can you provide one single evidence to support all these phantom claims?

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by CyberWolf: 11:20am On Nov 23, 2019
When we tell you guys that there is no clean money anywhere in the world, you think we’re blabbing? ... Even Dangote and his likes all deals with dirty money, what makes the difference is how smart you are.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by HolyGhostGym: 11:24am On Nov 23, 2019
At this point.. Is it safe to say there's no clean money in Nigeria... At this rate ones role model might just be the next "Criminal" to be indicted..

Stay in your lane and work hard.. God is a rewarder of those that diligently serve him..

Shalom

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Westernlove: 11:26am On Nov 23, 2019
seuncyrus:
There is really no way for Nigeria to redeem her image anymore, from our useless Politicians, to Invictus Obi, to the 80 cyber crime ring, Mompha and now the Chairman of a whole Aviation company chai . Is there really clean money in this country, I mean real clean legal wealth cos I'm starting to have doubts daily WTF is wrong with this country, it's like every one is into some sort of fraud , from the politicians to the civil servants , to the yahoo boys and even to those we are supposed to call role models . Mehn FVCK THIS COUNTRY embarassed

Help me tell this to one fool simpleton "Ok.tane" or what the mumu's name sef on "NestOil Thread" The Idiot said there are so many "Honest & Super Clean Billionaires" In Nigeria. I've never seen such a gullible stupid Ignoramus person my whole life. Even his Imaginary so Called Honest & Super Clean Billionaires will be marveled at the level of his stupidity & gullibility.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by EgunMogaji2: 11:30am On Nov 23, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Lekki gardens watch your back, you are been watched by the big masquerade cheesy

Local man will not name names until the kasala bust but I don’t do Lagos, only Ibadan.

I see what they’re doing and the assumed expense. That and the lack of sales does not agree.

When it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Westernlove: 11:35am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

lol relax.. ive explained before, once you lie its fraud.. It doesnt matter if he stole the money or not, thats not what they are indicting him for.. Its irrelevant.. They're indicting him for basically lying and using fake companies to move money through USA = Automatic fraud with 20yr prison term... simple..

Aptly very well analyzed. I hope the person quoting u up and down understand now. US Is not Nigeria. Keep your useless explanation to your damn self. Very obvious thing, They will still be biting around the bush. Explanation ko, Exploitation nii. Nansense Thieves.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by itsene: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2019
After 9/11, anything connected to aviation gets second look, in the U.S.
To adequately defend their financial system, their way of life, ALL banks operating in the U.S. are also under daily scrutiny by many govt agencies.
With a business that straddles aviation and banking, the accountants and lawyers in Air Peace should have been more diligent.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nascimento(m): 11:40am On Nov 23, 2019
Who's got the original link to this news. Can't find it on the justice.gov site.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 23, 2019
pocohantas:
Wow. This is a very serious one.

Let me go back and read well.

Now that is one badass money laundering technique. Why will a man like this decide to spoil his name na. He should have just kept it clean!

You are assuming he had a real name and was not just running a shell business. Maybe because I haven't flown in a while, the first time I heard or air peace was during the SA evacuation saga.

I get the feeling it will get much uglier. The US is not playing around with naija fraud anymore.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Westernlove: 11:44am On Nov 23, 2019
philip0906:

What exactly are you saying? Lol

They have explained to you clearly that it is fraud, forget all the semantics... You're still arguing? undecided

Lol that guy Is just wasting his talent here on nairaland. He will make a good comedian with all the Jargons he has been posting on this thread. You know how typical Nigerians reason. There was a thread a Nigerian man was flagged down by a female traffic officer In UK, I couldn't remember his offence. Then the Man started using God to plead to the woman lol. Like WTF!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by kolexy(m): 11:46am On Nov 23, 2019
baby124:

The banks that made the transfer of funds are American banks? Yes or no? This looks like a loan to me from American banks guaranteed by Nigerian banks. Based on fake documentation!

It actually looks like diversion of loans taken from Nigerian Banks. Our banks don suffer
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by unbitchable(m): 11:52am On Nov 23, 2019
ChoCho54:
While you see nothing wrong that one man has mortgaged your destiny and would rather celebrate and worship him, your pant has been used.
And I so hope you are not Helinues cos if you are ehn.. grin

Mai no tok fes angry
Do me a favor, do a head count of your people in the same state whose destiny are equally been mortgaged and many more packed in buses heading for the same state.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by NaMeAboki: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
Another fraudulent one shaming Nigeria again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by alpontif(m): 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
So, news recently carried it that the celebrated founder of Air peace, Mr Oscar Onyema has been Indicted by the USDOJ on charges of Money laundering.

Mr onyema reportedly created fictitious transactions, backed by fictitious documents between a US registered company he Controls and a set of Nigerian Entities he also happens to control (including two NGOs).

Based on evidence accumulated by the DEA, IRS CI, and USDOJ, charges were bought, and it appears our favourite airline CEO will be extradited.

I will address this crisis form two points.

The Business process Strategy and governance point, and from the Geopolitical policy point of view.

Nigerian businessmen, especially those who happened into sudden wealth, do not know how to build companies based on world class corporate governance strategies. They are micro managers who have to do everything by themselves, and will neither employ talent, nor pay for appropriate talent to help them do the needful. This is why end up getting into problem when they try to carry out intricate financial transactions using methods that seem smart to them but which they will have been advised against assuming they had the right people working for them. Instead of employing Finance Transactions and Compliance experts, Tax advisors, Money Management teams built on world class standards, they will rather go to the average guy working in a Nigerian bank, a fake "banker" who will then craft solutions that will be flagged by every AML fuzzy logic on the market.

The monies will go through, but foreign law enforcement will keep piling up evidence to use against them.

This is a Mistake Dangote will never make, and it is part of the reason he has succeeded so spectacularly, follow the rules, employ professionals, let them do it.

Oscar didn't steal money, heck, he worked for it, but by trying to play the system, he has destroyed what he has worked for for so many years and may even go to prison.

But what he is trying to do, is actually accepted practice all over the world, had he consulted McKinsey or PWC, they would have crafted a strategy for him. Apple avoided paying Taxes by parking most of their cash in Ireland, all the top five hundred companies in the world do the same thing, USDOJ has not dealt with them because they did it using loopholes in the system, that is the mistake oscar made, he did not consult the professionals, he was doing it himself, and because the funds were going through, he thought he was getting away with it....that is his biggest mistake.

On a Geopolitical policy basis, this crises must be strictly viewed as a National Security Matter, foreign authorities must not be allowed to destroyed a major Nigerian company and employer of labour based on offences that are very trivial and victimless compared to the atrocities American companies commit in Countries such as Nigeria. The Nigerian government must see this as a foreign policy matter and must make use of diplomatic channels to "die" this matter. The implications are dire, apart from unemployment issues, Nigeria will be losing on potential tax revenues from one of the Country's biggest Airline operators, if its allowed to be destroyed by a Foreing company on the excuse of its principal breaking their laws, laws that American companies break at will all over the world. We must also look at it from the view that Airpeace is a growing airline, which in coming years may be used as a soft power tool of Nigerian foreing policy, as such it must be treated as too big to fail, and supported all through.

If the Americans fail to "die" the matter, the Nigerian Ministry of Justice, FIRS, EFCC and SSS should as a matter of national security examine the practices of Western Companies with activities in Nigeria, including General Electric, Delta Airline, Chevron and Schlumberger and make their directors personally liable for all wrongdoing discovered, while also releasing press releases indicating them of Fraud.

In a proper Country with a foreign policy, this is what will happen.

5 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
BreconHills:

Why mention any tribe and name at all? The report said nothing about tribe or names. Dont make this a default setting. Its inane. Let's address the meat of the report. If it is too complex, ask questions.
Okay I'm sorry sir
Can we go on
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

This is far deeper than you think. Once Air Peace is positioning to be in direct competition with any American interest, Trust dirty to be dug up on you.

What competition?
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by DonX001: 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

nope.. you dont want to fight the DOJ in court. If you lose they will hammer you down with that 20 years in prison..

If i remember correctly from my Business LAW class in USA, DOJ has a conviction rate of damn near almost 100%

Before they indict you, they have to present the documents to a grand jury who agree that a crime has been committed.. he would not have been indicted if they thought he could escape from it.. The evidence is there, he committed a crime.

Once again let me explain, the DOJ doesnt care about the source of the money, they care about the bank fraud charges (lying on bank documents through USA banks. thats a cirme. simple..)

Not to mention IRS, Home land security, etc were part of the investigation.. This is an investigation that took thousands of hours and many years to conclude. They're looking for a conviction and thats it.

Maaaannn! You've made a lot of fantastic posts on this thread.
Intelligent, well thought out, well presented, and well broken-down for easy understanding of the issues at hand.
I've learnt a lot from your posts on this thread.
Thanks a lot!!

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Xbee007(m): 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
LordKO:

Your mental parochialism knows no bounds. The demand/request for his US address is metaphorical because I don't usually like to dialog with anyone who resides in 4 of the US states. An average dweller in any of the 4 states doesn't believe in infallibility of any US establishment, even when such happens almost every other day. His continual projection of DOJ as infallible is appalling to anyone in the know.

Now you can see why I said you and your ilk aren't discerning and extrapolative. You can now direct your further mentions to small-minded people like you.
You're actually the small minded one here, it's ironic you can't see it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by IFezki96: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
madridsta007:

Lol.
You are quite silly.
I made a statement, containing perhaps over a hundred words, and one was incorrect.
One out of a hundred, if we would approximate. That’s 0.01%.
You highlighted it and I promptly changed it.
You state, “facts”, hence plural, when it was a single word. That’s extremely disingenuous and a misrepresentation. Of course you know this.

In my line of work, I take errors extremely seriously— hence the change. I normally review all my words I put in a document, elsewhere, etc, and would have done so once I had some few spare minutes.

I’m not sure what else you want me to do.
Dance for you? cheesy grin
Your way of seeking attention from me is deeply disturbing, asides been humourous. Get a hobby or something. It’s a Saturday.

o BOI see epistle it be like say it pain you...Oga no vex...

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.