Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America (76568 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by midashenry(m): 8:41am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

By the time they're through with Onyeama, There would be nothing left of Airpeace.

Then you know nothing of financial crime committed but the elites.

Try watching to CNN, then you'll know that even the President of America is corrupt. Just Google Donald Trump's impeachment query
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by EgunMogaji2: 8:42am On Nov 23, 2019
Expect paid sympathetic trolls to fill this thread and Nairaland to try to change the conversation.

They’ll use the following excuses:

1) He’s Igbo and being picked on

2) Everybody does fraud

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Ijeamaka1: 8:43am On Nov 23, 2019
Baba don collect better BEC
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by sonnie10: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2019
YungMillionaire:

How did he change his mind when he never intended to use the export letter of credit to buy planes in the first place? If his intention was to buy planes, then the letter of credit would actually have a REAL aircraft seller as the exporter. Rather, he cleverly (or so he thought) used one of his US LLCs (that does not sell planes) as the exporter in the letter of credit documents. He knew what he was doing. He was committing fraud and now he has been caught. You can still like the man and still speak the truth about his conduct. Its not as hard as you think.
His aviation company does not have to own one single physical plane to be able to sell used planes. One of the problems here is in origin of documents presented to the bank for the LC.
All his company needed to present to the bank was a catalog of planes from whatever source and a genuine appraisal of those planes from a real company. Part of this indictment is that the latter was doctored.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by realestniggah: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2019
My own is south Africa main stream media shouldn't get hold of this news.. Because them go too yeye us.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Mshad662(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2019
YungMillionaire:

How did he change his mind when he never intended to use the export letter of credit to buy planes in the first place? If his intention was to buy planes, then the letter of credit would actually have a REAL aircraft seller as the exporter. Rather, he cleverly (or so he thought) used one of his US LLCs (that does not sell planes) as the exporter in the letter of credit documents. He knew what he was doing. He was committing fraud and now he has been caught. You can still like the man and still speak the truth about his conduct. Its not as hard as you think.

You're right. This was a deliberate act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Mshad662(m): 8:49am On Nov 23, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
Expect paid sympathetic trolls to fill this thread and Nairaland to try to change the conversation.

They’ll use the following excuses:

1) He’s Igbo and being picked on

2) Everybody does fraud

Mr Man by the look of things you are actually the one trying to Derail the thread & change the conversation.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by shogsman(m): 8:49am On Nov 23, 2019
But really all this charges seems like paperweight,they’re baseless
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by ProtectMyMoney: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2019
Kenturkey048:
maybe the way I communicated my opinion was misunderstood...what I meant was that he is using his company as the purchasing company..not that his buying from himself.there is nothing wrong in doing that.

But the documents say the money received was transferred to different sources.

If the US gov didn't see anything wrong in that, they wouldn't have raised an issue.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by YungMillionaire: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2019
sonnie10:

His aviation company does not have to own one single physical plane to be able to sell used planes. One of the problems here is in origin of documents presented to the bank for the LC.
All his company needed to present to the bank was a catalog of planes from whatever source and a genuine appraisal of those planes from a real company. Part of this indictment is that the latter was doctored.

And that is still assuming someone in the bank will not do a little digging to find out if the company is a genuine aircraft seller. Simply googling some of the aircraft images could trigger red flags.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by ProtectMyMoney: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

Do you know majority of the companies in USA buy products from their parent's company or company owned by the same person?

But not with fake documentation else the USGov will jump on the company just like this case.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

American businessmen and politicians commit far worse than you could ever imagine.

Cite an example where they commit crimes and were discovered and not prosecuted. Even their Prez is being prosecuted for exerting undue international influence. In the developed world the rules of law is the king, and not any individual.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by LZAA: 8:55am On Nov 23, 2019
GMbuharii:

So the cocaine story of tinubu is actually true?!?!?!
grin

Lzaa immhotep helinues afamed yorubahero12
Sai coke barongrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by unbitchable(m): 8:57am On Nov 23, 2019
ChoCho54:
So am i
pele o , if it was tinubu, you would have opened your chochocho mouth to insult him. shit has hit close to home.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

They've got their oil and gas companies here raping our collective commonwealth dry and bribing their way through.

The drama leading to Trump's impeachment inquiry about Ukraine investigating Hunter Biden shows you how countries turn a blind eye to frauds perpetrated by Americans. This is same American that can destabilise a whole country just to go and steal it's oil. Is this not fraud

So the American govt has to be blamed for other nations not prosecuting dubious American overseas businesses. Let the nations affected do the needful and bring these companies to judgement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Chidonc(m): 9:00am On Nov 23, 2019
ODVanguard:

You will be shocked when you hear about how many more 'prominent' Nigerians hiding under various occupations are involved in this money laundering 'business' for some VIPs. From a very reliable source, heard the likes of toke makinwa, Linda ikeji, and many other celebs (most especially the 'very successful' ones) are involved, using blogging, oap, etc as fronts, una no even sabi wetin dey happen. If I begin mention names, kasala go burst.
when someone rents an international conference center for a huge sum of money, invites other A-list artists from across the world, and ends up selling just a pinch of the ticket for the show without even recovering the money for the conference center talk more of flight ticket, hotel reservations, payments to other artists etc. and you see same person organizing a bigger one subsequent year,you think they are doing legitimate business ���, hell no. most of the shows you see are money laundering avenues by artists. I realized this long ago. how do you explain some actors without endorsement, known businesses etc by expensive houses, cars and living la Vida lo'cal.

6 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by einsteine(m): 9:01am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

Exactly.. im glad someone understands what I said previously.. Will summarize again.

he has been indicted..

- He needs to appear in USA court voluntarily (where he will be arrested and arraigned, then can seek bail and start trial or plead guilty.

OR

- USA DOJ will seek extradition to USA, at which point the Nigeria government has to decide what to do.
- Extradite him and please USA, or don't extradite him..
- I dont recall one case where Nigeria refused to extradite someone to USA. No one man is worth USA-Nigeria relations.

Buruji Kashamu has not been extradited.

Besides, the Nigerian government cannot unilaterally decide to extradite someone. It is the decision of a competent court.

Given his level of affluence, he should be able to arrange with a court to not be extradited.

Of course, he would be unable to travel to the US for now
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by sonnie10: 9:02am On Nov 23, 2019
YungMillionaire:

And that is still assuming someone in the bank will not do a little digging to find out if the company is a genuine aircraft seller. Simply googling some of the aircraft images could trigger red flags.
In the US, verifying any company is very easy. Even food trucks selling Taco by the street curbs are registered.
This is not about digging deep, standard procedure in bank backed financing entails that the bank would have to do its own independent appraisal on the item for their insurance purposes.
In this case, a follow up appraisal by the bank with the original appraisal documentation would not yield results. There was no real appraisal company and there were no planes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 23, 2019
ODVanguard:

You will be shocked when you hear about how many more 'prominent' Nigerians hiding under various occupations are involved in this money laundering 'business' for some VIPs. From a very reliable source, heard the likes of toke makinwa, Linda ikeji, and many other celebs (most especially the 'very successful' ones) are involved, using blogging, oap, etc as fronts, una no even sabi wetin dey happen. If I begin mention names, kasala go burst.

Please mention names and give evidence and let kasala burst.
We soak up entertainments like garri here at NL.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by EgunMogaji2: 9:03am On Nov 23, 2019
Mshad662:

Mr Man by the look of things you are actually the one trying to Derail the thread & change the conversation.

I rest my case.

Let me add deflection too cheesy
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by einsteine(m): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

exactly.. i mentioned pages ago that this is a problem.. this isnt EFCC

Once USA seeks his extradition, which they will, then Nigeria govt has to arrest him and proceed towards that.. and yes Buhari will gladly extradite him.. Cant mess up relationships with USA over one man..

Entering a plea deal = prison time
Fighting charges in trial = LOOONG prison time.

Moving = Maybe Russia? lol but they might grab him while he transits smiley

Now he has been indicted it means the USA has already flagged him.. Once he flies out of Nigeria they will grab him.. doesnt matter if he goes to Dubai, UK, Spain, Canada, etc..

Buhari cannot unilaterally decide to extradite people.

It's the courts that do that.

By the way, Buruji Kashamu is facing pending charges in the US since 2015. He fought his extradition and he is still in Nigeria.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by einsteine(m): 9:08am On Nov 23, 2019
Ijeamaka1:
Baba don collect better BEC

Did you read the indictment?

BEC kor, BJ ni.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Siberry: 9:08am On Nov 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

This is brilliant write-up. I really wonder which document did Onyema purportedly forged?

You really wonder? Did you even read indictments at all?

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by EgunMogaji2: 9:08am On Nov 23, 2019
Let me also add here now that one very popular real estate company that is a household name will be indicted in the next six months.

Remember this post.

6 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Holyman3(m): 9:09am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

This is far deeper than you think. Once Air Peace is positioning to be in direct competition with any American interest, Trust dirty to be dug up on you.

You understand how the game is played.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Dareal90s(m): 9:09am On Nov 23, 2019
jlinkd78:
Still charges as at now. He is still innocent until proven otherwise by a competent court of law
Same as Tinubu
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by izzou(m): 9:10am On Nov 23, 2019
pocohantas:
Wow. This is a very serious one.

Let me go back and read well.

Now that is one badass money laundering technique. Why will a man like this decide to spoil his name na. He should have just kept it clean!

Another sad time to be a Nigerian online
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by unbitchable(m): 9:14am On Nov 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

Is this document produced by the USA? How is it comfortable for USA to declare a document is forgery if/when the origin of such document is not USA?
With all evidence stacked against him, don't ask us stupid questions here, go to the DOJ and demand answers. we know those who are asking that tinubu be hang for a bullion van. others are criminals but their own na witch hunt.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by abbasajao(m): 9:14am On Nov 23, 2019
Hizzy:
This is the out come of being IGBO he would've answered ALIYU or MOHAMMED but his parents named him Igbo name but as he has grown he would've named him self Aboki name

Just continue supporting corruption and illegal movements of fund. Are you saying US has been compromised by Nigeria government too?
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Taciturn1: 9:16am On Nov 23, 2019
Hizzy:
This is the out come of being IGBO he would've answered ALIYU or MOHAMMED but his parents named him Igbo name but as he has grown he would've named him self Aboki name
wow
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by unbitchable(m): 9:17am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
He forged aviation clearance and certification documents he issued from his Springfield company in the US, which was sent to his Nigerian bank to facilitate the movement of the said $20million.

So the forgery was done from US
You finally agreed he committed forgery. Same you was earlier running amok defending a criminal. it's in you.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Westernlove: 9:19am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:
It would interest you to know the depth of fraud perpetrated by American oil and gas companies in Nigeria. Why can't our government grow some balls and open their books?

Don't come here and start lamenting. Fraud Is everywhere, Even the world Itself Is a fraud. The difference between you people and the whites are "They are smart wise Intelligent and a better devil. While you people on the other hand are foolish greedy unwise stupid gullible. In everything and In all ramifications be It good or evil, You will always meet those people are the front. Don't come here and be preaching one nonsense low self esteem to me okay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Okwudili Umenyiora 'Eric Manny' Parks 2018 Lexus Jeep In His Sitting Room / Forex Trade Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.