Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America (76446 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Khalidase83(m): 4:59am On Nov 23, 2019
This one get as e b.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by LordKO(m): 5:01am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

Umm many of you dont know what a USA criminal indictment means.. It means the attorneys presented the evidence and got a grand jury to indict.. Which leaves you only two options:

1 . Plead guilty for lesser jail time (based on # of charges facing he will get jail time)

2. Go to trial and most likely lose. before they indict you they have all the evidence they need. hence why the DOJ has a near perfect conviction rate.. This is USA DOJ not EFCC

Before you quote me again, tell me your US address. Everyone is trying so hard to sound woke. SMH. DOJ only has near perfect conviction rate on "pronounced" cases. SPV-related cases are exception. Believe you me, you know little to nothing about the US legal and business frameworks. I don't always like to dialog with anyone who believes in the infallibility of the US establishments, because such a person hardly sees things from rational viewpoint.

The DOJ hardly wins SPV-related cases. The only thing that may nail Dr. Allen is the structural composition of the SPV, but I don't see that happening if the information available is to be relied upon.

Once more, I don't hold brief for Dr. Allen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by philip0906(m): 5:02am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

its not "what you see". its what to DOJ sees. It's what the jury will see when DOJ presents those fake invoices, LCs, to them.. Thats the problem.

If you lived in USA for a while you should know by now that once the DOJ indicts someone they almost always convict. Read the report, what he did was a crime.. Whether its a crime in Nigeria or Pluto is irrelevant.. The money moved through USA banks and LYING on documents is called a crime..

Im sure when you lived in USA you enjoyed the ease of credit cards, car loans, mortgages.. Why do you think that is so? Precisely for this reason..

Here's an example of someone I know who got few years in prison.. Lets say example He had a business making lets says $100,000 selling t shirts.. he went and got fake invoices for orders totalling $1mil, then he ran to his bank and collected $500,000 loan to buy new equipment using those invoices... Its called bank fraud and the USA will always prosecute..

Its the same way tens of thousands are in prisons in USA for insurance fraud (faking car accident, etc).. Its the reason you can destroy your car, make a call to your company, and you get paid basically in a few days... Everyone trusts the system, including the banks and companies it protects, and they trust the system because the govt actively prosecutes those who try to defraud it
Succinctly put!

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by eternityk: 5:02am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

This is far deeper than you think. Once Air Peace is positioning to be in direct competition with any American interest, Trust dirty to be dug up on you.
He Is a criminal
No more no less
Just like tinubu atiku invictus obi onyeama
Even in no son too is not that clean
Be defending those who don't know u

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:06am On Nov 23, 2019
LordKO:

Before you quote me again, tell me your US address. Everyone is trying so hard to sound woke. SMH.

LOL.. i dont want to publish here.. send me a PM ill send it to you.. no worries..

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by PDPGuy: 5:07am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

Honestly from what i think and read(read the whole indictment), AIR PEACE as company is not being indicted.. Any issues air peace may have will be from EFCC, etc who will want to know where funds came from..

But USA GOVT doesnt care about his airline. All the DOJ attorneys did was see a man named Onyeama who committed a crime in their country, and they indicted him for those crimes.. simple... only problem is USA DOJ is arguably the best prosecution arm in the WORLD.

Ive seen them get convictions of people who LIVE ABROAD and commit crimes ABROAD, and yet somehow they come to USA to face prison time. USA I hail..

Succinctly said. But Air Peace could be in legal jeopardy if the EFCC proves that criminal proceeds form part of its cash reserves

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by LegendHero(m): 5:07am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

LOL.. i dont want to publish here.. send me a PM ill send it to you.. no worries..

Why do you need to give anyone your USA address?
Do you have any reason to prove to anybody you’re in USA ? If they can decide you’re here from your write up then the person should go to hades if he need any proof!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by sonnie10: 5:08am On Nov 23, 2019
Onyema is a big lawyer in Nigeria but it seems he is not exposed. For him to have used a fake appraisal company for documentation is plain stupid.
Not in this period when Boeing issues have put the aviation industry under the radar.
If his airline company which is in the US is going to get delivery of any plane, the regulatory authorities must know who is appraising and certifying those planes. They don’t need to see a physical plane.
In an ideal situation, even the bank would do their own independent appraisal of the planes. You can imagine the shock and embarrassment when the bank could not see any plane to do appraisal on.
In this case, the appraisal company is a ghost company, which is a big red flag. Under whose watch do think that such an impending doom would slip?
The point is that he was careless in all his dealings. Looks like he didn’t seek real professionals to do his business or he was trying to be cheap. Big lesson.

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:09am On Nov 23, 2019
LegendHero:

Why do you need to give anyone your USA address?
Do you have any reason to prove to anybody you’re in USA ? If they can decide you’re here from your write up then the person should go to hades if he need any proof!

lol some people are difficult to please! I agree.. Anyone that reads what I wrote in this thread should know I have a lot of ties to USA and i know what im talking about..

9 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by femi4: 5:09am On Nov 23, 2019
coolitempa:
Not these people again o..... shocked shocked shocked
grin
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:10am On Nov 23, 2019
PDPGuy:

Succinctly said. But Air Peace could be in legal jeopardy if the EFCC proves that criminal proceeds form part of its cash reserves

We know as EFCC be.. Connections work in Nigeria.. He can make a few calls and EFCC will drop it.. Doesn't work that way in USA.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Yankee101: 5:12am On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:

No he used fake documents to bring suspicious funds into the US

Read well. He did both. Brought in money via laundering and collected money from the system too.

You get lines of credit here for accounts in good standing
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by philip0906(m): 5:13am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

lol some people are difficult to please! I agree.. Anyone that reads what I wrote in this thread should know I have a lot of ties to USA and i know what im talking about..
You should never give ANYONE your address.

Your posts are intelligent, logical, well thought out and succinct. You have nothing to prove to anyone or try to convince anyone. Everyone has an opinion and should simply stick to whatever opinion is fine by them.

Anyone who has issues with your posts, can simply go to hell.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Samsonklin(m): 5:13am On Nov 23, 2019
When I was telling someone that there is every possibility that dangote is not 100% legit business man, they said I was drunk. Even Otedola can easily launder money or can be used to launder money. Tell me how much money you want to make, I will tel you how much evil you're ready to commit.

6 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:13am On Nov 23, 2019
sonnie10:
Onyema is a big lawyer in Nigeria but it seems he is not exposed. For him to have used a fake appraisal company for documentation is plain stupid.
Not in this period when Boeing issues has put the aviation industry under the radar.
If his airline company which is in the US is going to get delivery of any plane, the regulatory authorities must know who is appraising and certifying those planes.
In this case, the appraisal company is a ghost company, which is a big red flag. Under whose watch do think that such an impending doom would slip.
The point is that he was careless in all his dealings. Looks like he didn’t seek real professionals to do his business or he was trying to be cheap. Big lesson.

Agree with the point about carelessness.. If I owned a major airline in Nigeria, and i was moving around $20-40M through USA banks, trust me, I'd bring out $1m and have a team of USA corporate lawyers and tax attorneys to make sure everything is legal and done correctly.

12 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by GreenArrow1(m): 5:14am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
You think if I don't know about this, I will be here talking about it

Dangote did a lot of $ round tripping that even earned him more money than his cement importation business back then.

$$ round tipping can make you an overnight millionaire in $$ if you don't know

Does Dangote own Airpeace? They are talking Oyemma, you are here writing Dangote everywhere. I don't think a lot of us are happy with this news seeing that the Airpeace guy has good PR and his company is thriving, meaning it's a viable job creation hub.

Please stick to the point of the thread. You don't have any hard evidence apart from beer palour talk of Dangote's "crimes" as alleged by you so calm down abeg.
The Airpeace boss should just get good lawyers and make a plea deal and continue business, this time following due process.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:14am On Nov 23, 2019
philip0906:

You should never give ANYONE your address.

Your posts are intelligent, logical, well thought out and succinct. You have nothing to prove to anyone or try to convince anyone. Everyone has an opinion and should simply stick to whatever opinion is fine by them.

Anyone who has issues with your posts, can simply go to hell.

lol thanks bro.. This is a forum where people should share and gain knowledge.. I read a lot of threads I know nothing about and try to learn.. I dont speak on those threads..

But in this case I actually know quite a bit and i'm just trying to explain and shed some light so people can understand what's going on since the USA justice system is very different from Nija EFCC nonsense..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by PDPGuy: 5:16am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

Umm many of you dont know what a USA criminal indictment means.. It means the attorneys presented the evidence and got a grand jury to indict.. Which leaves you only two options:

1 . Plead guilty for lesser jail time (based on # of charges facing he will get jail time)

2. Go to trial and most likely lose. before they indict you they have all the evidence they need. hence why the DOJ has a near perfect conviction rate.. This is USA DOJ not EFCC

"indicted on one count of conspiracy to commit bank fraud, three counts of bank fraud, one count of conspiracy to commit credit application fraud, and three counts of credit application fraud."

Show me one person who has been indicted by DOJ for similar charges that didn't go to prison.

The only people/entities that beat a DOJ indictment, from my memory, are the late Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) and Enron. In both cases the federal appeals court and the US Supreme Court quashed their convictions from the lower Federal District courts

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Germi9: 5:17am On Nov 23, 2019
Nigga whaaaat
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Bizibi(m): 5:18am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

American businessmen and politicians commit far worse than you could ever imagine.
I hear!!!
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:18am On Nov 23, 2019
PDPGuy:

The only people/entities that beat a DOJ indictment, from my memory, are the late Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) and Enron. In both cases the federal appeals court and the US Supreme Court quashed their convictions from the lower Federal District courts

exactly my point. lol DOJ indicts thousands every month and only a few get away.. thats the point i was making about the damn near 100% success rate..

Just for fun i checked, Senetator Ted Stevens (In February 2009, FBI agent Chad Joy filed a whistleblower affidavit, alleging that prosecutors and FBI agents conspired to withhold and conceal evidence that could have resulted in a verdict of "not guilty."wink

So he got away cuz FBI messed up..

Enron owner (On May 25, 2006, Lay was found guilty on six counts of conspiracy and fraud by the jury) - He died before he got to go to jail smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Boyooosa(m): 5:19am On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Nigerian Business men must learn to make these international transfers very transparent as any hanky panky usually get the American feds to start being supicious ... So they have been hiding under the guise of plane purchase to move looted money out of Nigeria .
This story is not indicting enough though but it's a good start to convict him if he's found guilty...
I prefer his case to that useless abacha...
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by NationalHero: 5:19am On Nov 23, 2019
Enemies at work.
He opened LCs to purchase his planes through US based banks. Deal was concluded. You wake up to say that documents submitted were forged. How can this be?
There are standard documentary requirements for international trade dealings. Both banks, Nigerian and US banks cannot afford to collect fake documents to open LCs.
This is a distraction from his enemies.
Nobody imports aeroplanes with fake documents. Moreover, and strangely, the investigation never mentioned the US company that is selling the aircrafts.
The matter is yet to go for trial and you are already in the press falsely accusing him of fraud and money laundering. We know where you are coming from, try other tricks.

This is a single story.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Ojady(m): 5:20am On Nov 23, 2019
C'mon Mehn! Noooo!! I smell a rat!!! This oyinbo people dem no want make blackman prosper sha...
After we have showed the world that we can do it right through AirPeace, they now come up with this! I dont believe it...
Nigerian lawyers, especially of Igbo extraction in the diaspora, should rise up and defend this
A man is not guilty until proven so, at every level of courts available.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by realestniggah: 5:22am On Nov 23, 2019
UdechiHD:
This is not fraud. The money is Nigerian owned. The problem is that he used false documents to purchase the planes.

The most stupid and contradicting comment so far on this thread

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:22am On Nov 23, 2019
NationalHero:
Enemies at work.
He opened LCs to purchase his planes through US based banks. Deal was concluded. You wake up to say that documents submitted were forged. How can this be?
There are standard documentary requirements for international trade dealings. Both banks, Nigerian and US banks cannot afford to collect fake documents to open LCs.
This is a distraction from his enemies.
Nobody imports aeroplanes with fake documents. Moreover, and strangely, the investigation never mentioned the US company that is selling the aircrafts.
The matter is yet to go for trial and you are already in the press falsely accusing him of fraud and money laundering. We know where you are coming from, try other tricks.

This is a single story.

I suggest you go to DOJ ATLANTA website and read the charges.. That will help you a bit..

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by voltron14: 5:23am On Nov 23, 2019
LordKO:

Before you quote me again, tell me your US address. Everyone is trying so hard to sound woke. SMH.

He should provide his address in an anonymous forum?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by philip0906(m): 5:25am On Nov 23, 2019
Ojady:
C'mon Mehn! Noooo!! I smell a rat!!! This oyinbo people dem no want make blackman prosper sha...
After we have showed the world that we can do it right through AirPeace, they now come up with this! I dont believe it...
Nigerian lawyers, especially of Igbo extraction in the diaspora, should rise up and defend this
Chai...

My Igbo people make una stop this nonsense. We act like we're been hunted...no one is hunting us.

This is the DOJ, America not some propaganda crime fighters/hunters.

Onyeama has zero value to the Americans, to be considered a threat over anything.

They're simply charging him for a crime commited on their shores, just like they would charge anyone else.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nukilia: 5:27am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

This is far deeper than you think. Once Air Peace is positioning to be in direct competition with any American interest, Trust dirty to be dug up on you.

Just like what's happening to China. grin
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:28am On Nov 23, 2019
Nukilia:

Just like what's happening to China. grin

lol air peace doesnt even have one single flight to USA.. they also patronize boeing (USA COMPANY)

It has nothing to do with USA fighting Nigeria.. It has to do with a man breaking the strict USA laws and facing the consequences.. Simple..

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by salford1: 5:28am On Nov 23, 2019
Ojady:
[b]After we have showed the world that we can do it right through AirPeace, [/b]they now come up with this! I dont believe it...
Lol. There are several African business doing very well and alot even bigger than Airpeace. So why would they single out Air peace from the multitudes? This is not even about Airpeace but 2 individuals.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Okwudili Umenyiora 'Eric Manny' Parks 2018 Lexus Jeep In His Sitting Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.