Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America (76450 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 3:30am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
Dont call it fraud yet, he didn't steal money from US, he only moved money into USA from Nigeria with fraudulent documents which I am sure his bankers, advisers and maybe PA made him do without explaining better to him the later implications.

He will be fully guilty if the $20million he sent to US from Nigeria came from a Nigerian politician maybe through looted funds, that's when you can start screaming fraud.

But I am sure $20million is a small money for him, you can take it from me. He only allowed all these bank agents to put him into one corner situation

lol relax.. ive explained before, once you lie its fraud.. It doesnt matter if he stole the money or not, thats not what they are indicting him for.. Its irrelevant.. They're indicting him for basically lying and using fake companies to move money through USA = Automatic fraud with 20yr prison term... simple..

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by tbaba1234: 3:31am On Nov 23, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...jail time in which Country

Jail time in the US

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Rikidony(m): 3:32am On Nov 23, 2019
this is very bad, you launder $20m from the country. I hope he comes out of this clean, have a huge respect for this man

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 3:33am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
What if it is his stupid, overzealous bank agents that advised him to do that when he wanted to make the purchase and couldn't find a way to move the money to the US

irrelevant in the eyes of the DOJ. Trust me im speaking from a place of great knowledge.

A crime committed is a crime committed.. he has been indicted. After his indictment there are three options ONLY LEFT:

1. Go to usa and go to court (he will lose, as the DOJ attorneys dont have to prove his money is clean or dirty.. All they have to prove is he lied which he did and the jury will convict on that)

2. Go to usa and plead guilty and get smalller jail time.

3. Fight extradition and become a fugitive and never leave Nigeria again.

Thats it!

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by ProtectMyMoney: 3:35am On Nov 23, 2019
agabusta:

If he has nothing to hide, why go through a fraudulent means to get 20million dollars out of Nigeria??

Going to the extent of using fake documents to get the money out makes the money highly suspicious.

I trust the EFCC to do the needful and trace the actual source of those funds.

That's the part 2 loading. EFCC will start their own process to know how he got the usd20m in the first place ...expect more exposes in the coming days

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by livinbygrace: 3:36am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
Dont call it fraud yet, he didn't steal money from US, he only moved money into USA from Nigeria with fraudulent documents which I am sure his bankers, advisers and maybe PA made him do without explaining better to him the later implications.

He will be fully guilty if the $20million he sent to US from Nigeria came from a Nigerian politician maybe through looted funds, that's when you can start screaming fraud.

But I am sure $20million is a small money for him, you can take it from me. He only allowed all these bank agents to put him into one corner situation

You mean $20m is small money for him right?I rest my case.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by IGBOSON1: 3:37am On Nov 23, 2019
UdechiHD:
Some of you are just talking with emotions. Why are you bringing tribalism into this. Allen Onyeama messed up big time and wasn't smart. He should have consulted other smart Nigerians on how they did theirs? Why even invest in aviation when you know your money isn't clean. And he still had the effrontery to take false documents to a whole America to buy planes. A whole America.

NO....you STFU! You're a fraud...and a vile one at that! I don't regard your opinion on anything concerning Ndigbo as anything other than the jaundiced and bigoted stance of a impostor!

YES....i repeat, if it turns out that he's found guilty, then he has no one but himself to blame when bigots like Buhari, Hadi-Sirika and their goons in EFCC move in to take over his business! I don't need a clairvoyant to tell me Igbo haters have quietly been brimming with hate and envy at the height Air Peace has reached in the aviation industry, and if he as a Igbo man didn't know this then he's really dumb! You think Hadi-Sirika stubbornly insisting on floating a national carrier when many have suggested he use Air Peace instead is just a coincidence? It's to eat into Air Peaces' market and take over any concessions that's due to Nigeria he may be getting as the the largest airline in the country, and hand it over to the newly floated national carrier! Had it been a Dangote that owned Air Peace then Hadi-Sirika and Buhari will sleep easy and not think of a national carrier seeing as the natural order of things (Fulani at the top of the pecking order) hasn't been upset!

Don't you see posts on this thread of the usual Igbo haters? Have you accosted them on their stance as you're doing right now? Or maybe you're secretly laughing with them and praying to satan as they all are that Air Peace is taken over"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by franchasng: 3:37am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

lol relax.. ive explained before, once you lie its fraud.. It doesnt matter if he stole the money or not, thats not what they are indicting him for.. Its irrelevant.. They're indicting him for basically lying and using fake companies to move money through USA = Automatic fraud with 20yr prison term... simple..
of course I know that he did committed document fraud, but your fellow Nigerians are already screaming that he stole the money from US, that that's how he became rich.

Some thinking he used fake documents to obtain loan from US banks and used the money to start airline company.

I am only clearing the air for those that won't understand the whole investigation and what its all about.

He can plead guilty and pay a fine if the money came from clean source in Nigeria which I am sure it does.

People still thinking it was Patience Goodluck money should bury that thought cos its not.

It's just that these guys patronize quack bank agents who parade themselves as intl financial experts but look at the job they did for him, something I can do without a single issue or trace, sighs

7 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by franchasng: 3:41am On Nov 23, 2019
livinbygrace:

You mean $20m is small money for him right?I rest my case.
Yes that's around 20 plots of land in Banana Island which Onyema sold more than that quantity within those timeframe.

So you see

He is also a lawyer and he ought to have known better even though he left courtroom to become a property lawyer

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by philip0906(m): 3:41am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
of course I know that he did committed document fraud, but your fellow Nigerians are already screaming that he stole the money from US, that that's how he became rich.

Some thinking he used fake documents to obtain loan from US banks and used the money to start airline company.

I am only clearing the air for those that won't understand the whole investigation and what its all about.

He can please guilty and pay a fine if the money came from clean source in Nigeria which I am sure it does.

People still thinking it was Patience Goodluck money should bury that thought cos its not.

[s]It's just that these guys patronize quack bank agents who parade themselves as intl financial experts but look at the job they did for him, something I can do without a single issue or trace, sighs[/s]
What exactly are you saying? Lol

They have explained to you clearly that it is fraud, forget all the semantics... You're still arguing? undecided

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by IGBOSON1: 3:41am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

What's funny about this whole episode? Why are you laughing?

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 3:43am On Nov 23, 2019
laughing at people who are saying its not a crime.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by franchasng: 3:43am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

irrelevant in the eyes of the DOJ. Trust me im speaking from a place of great knowledge.

A crime committed is a crime committed.. he has been indicted. After his indictment there are three options ONLY LEFT:

1. Go to usa and go to court (he will lose, as the DOJ attorneys dont have to prove his money is clean or dirty.. All they have to prove is he lied which he did and the jury will convict on that)

2. Go to usa and plead guilty and get smalller jail time.

3. Fight extradition and become a fugitive and never leave Nigeria again.

Thats it!
He can enter plea bargain and settle out of court by paying fine.

Tinubu did same and forfeited his criminal money, remember

5 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 3:45am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
He can enter plea bargain and settle out of court by paying fine.

Tinubu did same and forfeited his criminal money, remember

tinubu case was very different.. .He was not indicted at all. I searched records and there was NO CRIMINAL INDICTMENT FROM DOJ for Tinubu. He was named in an investigation and he agreed to forfeit money. The fact he wasnt indicted means he wasnt the target or big enough fish for them..

There is nothing like "SETTLE OUT OF COURT in a DOJ INDICTMENT"

Everything including plea bargain has to be in court.. Plus plea bargain doesnt mean you get no jail time, it just means reduced time.

Currently from my math if he goes to trial he's facing 30+ years on the charges.. So a prosecutor who wants to be nice and friendly will most likely offer him maybe 2-3 years prison.. (this is being generous).

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by franchasng: 3:45am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:
laughing at people who are saying its not a crime.
Yeah you are right, but I came in to make people understand that the crime being alleged here is not that Onyema stole money from US like many would think ignorantly

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Youngsage: 3:47am On Nov 23, 2019
E don be for Allen ooOoooo grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by udemzyudex(m): 3:47am On Nov 23, 2019
J111333:
It will be a surprise to see a wealthy businessman with no iota of fraud in him so I'm not really shocked.
I'm only mad that this is coming at a time he is being celebrated for his recent good deeds.
Well, crime is crime and he has to take responsibility for his misdeeds good man or not.
I hope and pray he is proved innocent of this crime though.

This is exactly what I told one of my guy, if you want to make huge money ,you can't do it with a holy mindset.

You don't have to do rituals or carry gun. Some cheat on others just to make it.

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by gnykelly(m): 3:47am On Nov 23, 2019
I think the way he moved the money is the problem not the source... a good lawyer can clear him out.

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Jaqenhghar: 3:49am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

This is far deeper than you think. Once Air Peace is positioning to be in direct competition with any American interest, Trust dirty to be dug up on you.
When was Air peace competing with any American interest? SMH

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 3:50am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
Yeah you are right, but I came in to make people understand that the crime being alleged here is not that Onyema stole money from US like many would think ignorantly

People are stupid or cant read.. He did not steal any money from USA. USA govt is basically nailing him on lying on LC documents..

They dont care if the money came from his mother in Nigeria.. What they care about is he formed a fake company, sent fake invoices, sent fake LC letters, and moved those funds through USA > Bank fraud with prison time

This is a criminal indictment for bank fraud/money laundering. He will not get option of fine without jail time. I dont recall one case in USA where someone was indicted by DOJ for same charges and didnt get jail time..

This isnt a civil case, its a CRIMINAL INDICTMENT. (IF he was in the USA, or in another country, he would be under arrest right now.)

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Jaqenhghar: 3:50am On Nov 23, 2019
udemzyudex:

This is exactly what I told one of my guy, if you want to make huge money ,you can't do it with a holy mindset.

You don't have to do rituals or carry gun. Some cheat on others just to make it.
Some? Most cheat. Your mindset should be money above all. Thats why christ said it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle......

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by careidon: 3:50am On Nov 23, 2019
Baby, He didn't use loan to buy aircraft.
Salman is right I believe. Money is coming (stolen) from Nigeria.

Money laundering has 2steps
1. Steal/move out funds illegally = fraud
b. Falsifying biz/Bank documents = fraud too.
2. Invest money the illegally moved funds in legit biz = laundering
Nextstep

If you want to import anything major (not dropshipping o) eg 20kmt of Diesel
You identify a seller abroad and approach your local bank to issue a letter of credit covering the amount you have (or you're being loaned) in the bank.
paying cash upfront might get you duped (never getting your product or money back and going after seller without visa is an issue)
So the LC comes with conditions of price, volume, specifications, delivery etc Seller normally gets cash value of LC after you get delivery & all conditions are met.
So, YOU UNDERSTAND FUNDS normally COMES FROM BUYER NOW I guess.
Now, what's happening is that the seller (Springfields) is also the buyer (Peace Air) !! = that's the attempt at laundering.
The initial funds getting to the foundation & ethnic/peace initiative stuff accounts now BECOMES more suspicious AS STOLEN govt FUNDS as the fraud.
Think just between 2010-13, what did the foundations or peace & ethnic organisation do to get $20m? Folks saying he's rich & a cool guy, What was he doing before then?

We might have stopped questioning sudden wealth with no antecedents. THEY HAVE NOT.

People did rumor & insinuated funds coming from a former first lady all the while....Nigeria will step in to stop this ..ish to protect the former PEP I believe.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Jaqenhghar: 3:52am On Nov 23, 2019
gnykelly:
I think the way he moved the money is the problem not the source... a good lawyer can clear him out.
It wont be that easy

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Muyology: 3:52am On Nov 23, 2019
J111333:
It will be a surprise to see a wealthy businessman with no iota of fraud in him so I'm not really shocked.
I'm only mad that this is coming at a time he is being celebrated for his recent good deeds.
Well, crime is crime and he has to take responsibility for his misdeeds good man or not.
I hope and pray he is proved innocent of this crime though.

you couldn't have helped me to say it better. U spoke my mind exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 3:53am On Nov 23, 2019
gnykelly:

nope.. you dont want to fight the DOJ in court. If you lose they will hammer you down with that 20 years in prison..

If i remember correctly from my Business LAW class in USA, DOJ has a conviction rate of damn near almost 100%

Before they indict you, they have to present the documents to a grand jury who agree that a crime has been committed.. he would not have been indicted if they thought he could escape from it.. The evidence is there, he committed a crime.

Once again let me explain, the DOJ doesnt care about the source of the money, they care about the bank fraud charges (lying on bank documents through USA banks. thats a cirme. simple..)

Not to mention IRS, Home land security, etc were part of the investigation.. This is an investigation that took thousands of hours and many years to conclude. They're looking for a conviction and thats it.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by philip0906(m): 3:54am On Nov 23, 2019
IGBOSON1:

What's funny about this whole episode? Why are you laughing?
I can see from your username and your posts how you've vociferously defended Onyeama...

You need to slow your roll! It's not about anyone attacking Igbos. Thank God this is not EFCC, else some Neanderthals would have said, Buhari is hunting Igbo business men.

This is DOJ, America...They don't joke, they don't do propaganda, when they get you indicted, they take you to the cleaners...and you can take it to the bank, Onyeama is 99.9% guilty of the charges. This is simply using the DOJ's hit rate.

What we should be worried about is why did Onyeama have to go that route? Why? Does this mean a good number of Nigerian business men can't do clean deals and transactions? This news about Onyeama, ruined my morning.

I feel completely sad reading this...I don't know Onyeama personally, but this is just too sad.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Ishilove: 3:55am On Nov 23, 2019
Naptu2

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by sonnie10: 3:56am On Nov 23, 2019
He got himself into this. His mouth put him in trouble. In one interview he had a couple of months back, he claimed that he is the head of those NGOs which are named in this indictment. He was saying that to debunk the allegation that he flew the SA guys back because there are igbos.
By doing that he confirmed that he is the owner of the NGO. Now he also floated another company in US, obviously in his name too.
So it’s easy to connect the dots and see that something is wrong somewhere in the transfer.
How could he transfer from his NGO in Nigeria to his Airline company in US? These two organizations are not in the same line of business, questions must be asked.
But the big question is, who are those financing/ donating to that NGO in Nigeria?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by gnykelly(m): 3:57am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

By the time they're through with Onyeama, There would be nothing left of Airpeace.

God forbid the business will stand... I know people who God bless with the establishment

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by franchasng: 3:57am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

People are stupid or cant read.. He did not steal any money from USA. USA govt is basically nailing him on lying on LC documents..

They dont care if the money came from his mother in Nigeria.. What they care about is he formed a fake company, sent fake invoices, sent fake LC letters, and moved those funds through USA > Bank fraud with prison time

This is a criminal indictment for bank fraud/money laundering. He will not get option of fine without jail time. I dont recall one case in USA where someone was indicted by DOJ for same charges and didnt get jail time..

This isnt a civil case, its a CRIMINAL INDICTMENT. (IF he was in the USA, or in another country, he would be under arrest right now.)
I know all these. Someone really misled him.

When you give them a clean proposal, they will look at you as an unpopular person and patronize fools parading as professionals, his cup of tea.

I have done my part; making ignorant Nigerians know that he is not being alleged of stealing money but forging document and using fake company in the US to receive money.

5 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 3:58am On Nov 23, 2019
philip0906:

I can see from your username and your posts how you've vociferously defended Onyeama...

You need to slow your roll! It's not about anyone attacking Igbos. Thank God this is not EFCC, else some Neanderthals would have said, Buhari is hunting Igbo business men.

This is DOJ, America...They don't joke, they don't do propaganda, when they get you indicted, they take you to the cleaners...and you can take it to the bank, Onyeama is 99.9% guilty of the charges. This is simply using the DOJ's hit rate.

What we should be worried about is why did Onyeama have to go that route? Why? Does this mean a good number of Nigerian business men can't do clean deals and transactions? This news about Onyeama, ruined my morning.

I feel completely sad reading this...I don't know Onyeama personally, but this is just too sad.

Thanks bro for explaining what ive been saying.. Im sad as well, im an igbo guy and this hurts.. I was just trying to clear the air and explain what is going on because i spent my whole life in USA and have been a part of the system and know how it works well..

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by gnykelly(m): 4:01am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:

nope.. you dont want to fight the DOJ in court. If you lose they will hammer you down with that 20 years in prison..

If i remember correctly from my Business LAW class in USA, DOJ has a conviction rate of damn near almost 100%

Before they indict you, they have to present the documents to a grand jury who agree that a crime has been committed.. he would not have been indicted if they thought he could escape from it.. The evidence is there, he committed a crime.

Once again let me explain, the DOJ doesnt care about the source of the money, they care about the bank fraud charges (lying on bank documents through USA banks. thats a cirme. simple..)

Not to mention IRS, Home land security, etc were part of the investigation.. This is an investigation that took thousands of hours and many years to conclude. They're looking for a conviction and thats it.

in the event he is being charged and forfeiture made...what will become of the airline... cos is a source of employment to people back home

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Okwudili Umenyiora 'Eric Manny' Parks 2018 Lexus Jeep In His Sitting Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.