Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

New Law In Ohio - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Law In Ohio (1965 Views)

Isreal New Law Makes It Criminal To Tell People About Jesus / It Is Okay To Be A Big Fool In School"---christian Politicians In Ohio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Law In Ohio by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
https://local12.com/news/local/ohio-house-passes-bill-allowing-student-answers-to-be-scientifically-wrong-due-to-religion

This is so very sad! A student can’t be marked wrong if their answer is based on their religion but scientifically incorrect!

1 Like

Re: New Law In Ohio by Martinez39(m): 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
They are robbing religious students by giving them the chance to not get it right and poorly equipping them for the real world. Religious students would end up amassing undeserved academic honours and degrees.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Law In Ohio by LordReed(m): 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
https://local12.com/news/local/ohio-house-passes-bill-allowing-student-answers-to-be-scientifically-wrong-due-to-religion

This is so very sad! A student can’t be marked wrong if their answer is based on their religion but scientifically incorrect!

The language of the bill is ambiguous enough for a student to give scientifically wrong answers and not expect to be marked wrong. They just decided to give teachers a new type of headache.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Law In Ohio by Bojack(m): 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Oh my days
Re: New Law In Ohio by budaatum: 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
Required!

A religion to authenticate my new found belief that the earth is a triangle.

Thankfully Ohio is democratic. When we triangularists get elected, we get to change the curriculum, again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Law In Ohio by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Cc. LordReed, Martinez39, budaatum
NEW HIGH SCHOOL SCIENCE QUIZ

1. Name something that has mass?
A. A Banana B. Church C. Both A and B.

2. What are the three states of matter?
A. Father, Son, Holy Ghost. B. It doesn't matter. C. Elements, material, Ice.

3. How many planets are in our solar system?
A. Science is always changing its mind; only God knows the real answer.
B. Are we counting Pluto or Planet 9?
C. Six or seven or eight or nine. Maybe 10.

4. What does a thermometer measure?
A. Mometers
B. Spiritual energy.
C. Ultimate reality.

5. How long does it take the Earth to make a full rotation.
A. The length of a day was different during the creation so we can't know.
B. Why would the earth rotate when the sun is orbiting it? Get serious.
C. If the Earth rotated we would all be thrown off the edges. (Funny Question)

6. What is density.
A. God's plan for the universe.
B. The opposite of immensity.
C. A Christian way of thinking logically.

7. Why does Ice float in water?
A. It's filled with the holy spirit.
B. It's just one of God's miracles.
C. You can't prove ice does not float in water.

8. Which of the following is an element in the periodic table.
A. It's a table .... so.... Wood, plastic or glass.
B. The period of time it takes.
C. Spirit

9. What is a compound?
A. A place for a religious retreat.
B. A combination of holy spirit, holy man and holy god.
C. None or All of the above.

10. When a person jumps on Earth, why do they always come back down?
A. They jumped 'ON" earth, not "OFF" earth.
B. They don't always come back down.
C. Sin weights them down.

11. What is the sun.
A. God's holy creation.
B. A star that orbits the Earth.
C. A pre-Christian solar deity.

12. What is a solar eclipse.
A. An event that darkened the world at Jesus' death.
B. Satan blocking the sun to scare the hell out of the children.
C. An early Christian sect.

13. If the Earth's Northern Hemisphere is tilted to towards the sun, they are having -
A. A religious experience.
B. An apocalyptic event.
C. Ha ha ha ha - The earth can't tilt, the pillars won't allow it.

14. How much water makes up the earth?
A. One, it's all the same water.
B. Enough to cover all the land.
C. God made the earth, not water.

15. When you touch a stove that's on, why do you get burned?
A. God wants you to know what hell will be like.
B. Fire is evil.
C. Only the body is burned; the soul is not touched.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Law In Ohio by budaatum: 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
Lol grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Law In Ohio by mumumugu(m): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Cc. LordReed, Martinez39, budaatum
NEW HIGH SCHOOL SCIENCE QUIZ

1. Name something that has mass?
A. A Banana B. Church C. Both A and B.

2. What are the three states of matter?
A. Father, Son, Holy Ghost. B. It doesn't matter. C. Elements, material, Ice.

3. How many planets are in our solar system?
A. Science is always changing its mind; only God knows the real answer.
B. Are we counting Pluto or Planet 9?
C. Six or seven or eight or nine. Maybe 10.

4. What does a thermometer measure?
A. Mometers
B. Spiritual energy.
C. Ultimate reality.

5. How long does it take the Earth to make a full rotation.
A. The length of a day was different during the creation so we can't know.
B. Why would the earth rotate when the sun is orbiting it? Get serious.
C. If the Earth rotated we would all be thrown off the edges. (Funny Question)

6. What is density.
A. God's plan for the universe.
B. The opposite of immensity.
C. A Christian way of thinking logically.

7. Why does Ice float in water?
A. It's filled with the holy spirit.
B. It's just one of God's miracles.
C. You can't prove ice does not float in water.

8. Which of the following is an element in the periodic table.
A. It's a table .... so.... Wood, plastic or glass.
B. The period of time it takes.
C. Spirit

9. What is a compound?
A. A place for a religious retreat.
B. A combination of holy spirit, holy man and holy god.
C. None or All of the above.

10. When a person jumps on Earth, why do they always come back down?
A. They jumped 'ON" earth, not "OFF" earth.
B. They don't always come back down.
C. Sin weights them down.

11. What is the sun.
A. God's holy creation.
B. A star that orbits the Earth.
C. A pre-Christian solar deity.

12. What is a solar eclipse.
A. An event that darkened the world at Jesus' death.
B. Satan blocking the sun to scare the hell out of the children.
C. An early Christian sect.

13. If the Earth's Northern Hemisphere is tilted to towards the sun, they are having -
A. A religious experience.
B. An apocalyptic event.
C. Ha ha ha ha - The earth can't tilt, the pillars won't allow it.

14. How much water makes up the earth?
A. One, it's all the same water.
B. Enough to cover all the land.
C. God made the earth, not water.

15. When you touch a stove that's on, why do you get burned?
A. God wants you to know what hell will be like.
B. Fire is evil.
C. Only the body is burned; the soul is not touched.

what the hell does it mean?

1 Like

Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 8:13pm On Nov 30, 2019
I often ask myself this rethoric; what are atheist against, the existence of God or religion¿
Re: New Law In Ohio by LordReed(m): 7:06am On Dec 01, 2019
kumulus:
I often ask myself this rethoric; what are atheist against, the existence of God or religion¿

Against the lack of evidence for a god.

1 Like

Re: New Law In Ohio by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:06am On Dec 01, 2019
mumumugu:

what the hell does it mean?
It means religious students are now permitted to sellect dogmatic options or non-options as answers to academic questions.

For instance, if a question reads... "the homohabilis exited between when and when?". A students can just pen down as follows: "The first man (Adam) was created just over 5,000 years ago according to the Bible's timeline. Hence, homohabilis which scientifically appears to have lived about 2 million years ago, never existed".

Religous student can also ignore scientific questions in exam papers, especially those that renders their precious religious beliefs non-sensical.
Re: New Law In Ohio by maximunimpact(m): 8:30am On Dec 01, 2019
kumulus:

its more of RELIGION than GOD, but it kinda complicated because there's no religion with God!
Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 10:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
maximunimpact:

its more of RELIGION than GOD, but it kinda complicated because there's no religion with God!

"......no religion with God!"..... I don't follow sir

1 Like

Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2019
LordReed:

Against the lack of evidence for a god.

What kind of evidence.....material Cos there's abundance of that everywhere and in all things.
Re: New Law In Ohio by LordReed(m): 11:46pm On Dec 01, 2019
kumulus:

What kind of evidence.....material Cos there's abundance of that everywhere and in all things.

Just like there was for Zeus and Sango.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
LordReed:

Just like there was for Zeus and Sango.

These are all but manifestations of God....which is why they're called gods. The One, Word, All, Uncaused Cause, Sovereign,....... called God is made manifest in His works (You, Me and everything made).

Consider this my friend, when a man is enraged, it is said of such to be mad. Is it the man who is by himself mad or is he manifesting the works of the spirit of madness/anger?
Re: New Law In Ohio by LordReed(m): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2019
kumulus:

These are all but manifestations of God....which is why they're called gods. The One, Word, All, Uncaused Cause, Sovereign,....... called God is made manifest in His works (You, Me and everything made).

Consider this my friend, when a man is enraged, it is said of such to be mad. Is it the man who is by himself mad or is he manifesting the works of the spirit of madness/anger?

Bwahahahahaha! So how come we didn't see anybody on mount Olympus or in the skies hurling bolts?

There is no evidence of any sort of spirit. Mental illness is as far as we know are physical defects in the brain or brain functioning. We never see mental illness in brains functioning within normal parameters.

1 Like

Re: New Law In Ohio by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2019
Bloody lunatics.

Religion is a cancer on this planet !!!!

1 Like

Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! So how come we didn't see anybody on mount Olympus or in the skies hurling bolts?

There is no evidence of any sort of spirit. Mental illness is as far as we know are physical defects in the brain or brain functioning. We never see mental illness in brains functioning within normal parameters.

About Mt. Olympus and bolts, I do not know cos I can't even pretend to understand what you were saying there.

Mental illness you say are physical defects, well maybe in a way. I do not dispute you. How then will you explain the situation where a man who has never suffered any physical harm/trauma whatsoever to the brain is perpetually afraid, he himself can't even tell why he is in constant fear but he knows very well that he is always afraid. You will agree with me that being in a tense mode endlessly is a mental/psychological anomaly
Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 1:52pm On Dec 02, 2019
frosbel2:
Bloody lunatics.

Religion is a cancer on this planet !!!!

Someone who I suppose is an atheist did say "We see the world the way we are, I find it hard to dispute him really."

Indeed modern religion is a cancer eating away at the peace and prosperity of mankind, you're very spot on there!
Re: New Law In Ohio by LordReed(m): 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2019
kumulus:

About Mt. Olympus and bolts, I do not know cos I can't even pretend to understand what you were saying there.

Mental illness you say are physical defects, well maybe in a way. I do not dispute you. How then will you explain the situation where a man who has never suffered any physical harm/trauma whatsoever to the brain is perpetually afraid, he himself can't even tell why he is in constant fear but he knows very well that he is always afraid. You will agree with me that being in a tense mode endlessly is a mental/psychological anomaly

Mount Olympus was said to be the home of the gods. If indeed there were any gods there, it would be confirmed by scaling its height and finding such a home of the gods but that is not the case. Sango is said to be the wielder of thunder and lightning, our trips into the sky should have revealed a god there hurling bolts but nothing of the sort was found. And on and on it goes till gods continuously retreat into ever shrinking pockets of scientific ignorance.

Trauma to the brain is not the only way physical defects occur. There are congenital birth defects, there are developmental defects, there are hormonal imbalances, etc that explain certain recurring symptoms. If you are going to make the point that not all of the brain's complexity has been understood, therefore spirits explain the unexplained, then you are only making my point for me.
Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2019
LordReed:

Mount Olympus was said to be the home of the gods. If indeed there were any gods there, it would be confirmed by scaling its height and finding such a home of the gods but that is not the case. Sango is said to be the wielder of thunder and lightning, our trips into the sky should have revealed a god there hurling bolts but nothing of the sort was found. And on and on it goes till gods continuously retreat into ever shrinking pockets of scientific ignorance.

Trauma to the brain is not the only way physical defects occur. There are congenital birth defects, there are developmental defects, there are hormonal imbalances, etc that explain certain recurring symptoms. If you are going to make the point that not all of the brain's complexity has been understood, therefore spirits explain the unexplained, then you are only making my point for me.

That's not my point and you need not assume it is.

Congenital defects could be caused by mother's exposure to harmful substances, bodily shock/trauma, error during delivery, amidst some other physical reasons.

I don't get exactly what you mean by developmental defects.

Hormonal imbalances occurs when there's too much or too little of a hormone in bloodstream. (Even hormonal release is a response to something in itself i.e you don't just release hormones except there's need for it so releasing to much or too little is no case here).

I would love to know so I do not assume, are you of the opinion that there exist nothing Luke the spiritual realm/or plane?
Re: New Law In Ohio by 1Sharon(f): 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2019
This could never happen in England.

Americans are almost like Nigerian Christian's, I've noticed.

1 Like

Re: New Law In Ohio by LordReed(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
kumulus:

That's not my point and you need not assume it is.

Congenital defects could be caused by mother's exposure to harmful substances, bodily shock/trauma, error during delivery, amidst some other physical reasons.

I don't get exactly what you mean by developmental defects.

Hormonal imbalances occurs when there's too much or too little of a hormone in bloodstream. (Even hormonal release is a response to something in itself i.e you don't just release hormones except there's need for it so releasing to much or too little is no case here).

I would love to know so I do not assume, are you of the opinion that there exist nothing Luke the spiritual realm/or plane?

Never said you were making that point, I was the one making the point.

You said a brain needs to have undergone trauma before the onset of mental illness which is not the case. Explaining what those things I mentioned are does not make the case that trauma is necessary for mental iĺlness.

I am of the opinion that no such thing as spirits or a spiritual realm has been convincingly demonstrated to exist.
Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
LordReed:

Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2019
LordReed:

Never said you were making that point, I was the one making the point.

You said a brain needs to have undergone trauma before the onset of mental illness which is not the case. Explaining what those things I mentioned are does not make the case that trauma is necessary for mental iĺlness.

I am of the opinion that no such thing as spirits or a spiritual realm has been convincingly demonstrated to exist.

Where did I say " a brain needs to have undergone trauma before the onset of mental illness" ( I didn't at any point say it was a necessity ). All I did was state an instance which could lead to a defect.

I was citing a scenario of an angry man, and it is well known that anger/rage isn't the normal state of mind of any sane man. When in your very own words you said; Mental illness is as far as we know are physical defects in the brain or brain functioning. We never see mental illness in brains functioning within normal parameters.

That was you categorically saying you and some others (we) know that mental illness are physical defects, which invariably means that a physical treatment/operation is the means by which such wrong can be fixed. If you say that there's nothing as the spiritual realm, what then does a psychologist do to remedy the mind using no physical tool a physician would. Do you not know that words are spirit? You mean to tell me you don't know that words become manifest (become flesh) I can see your POV is apparently against spirits as described by religion.
Re: New Law In Ohio by LordReed(m): 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2019
kumulus:

Where did I say " a brain needs to have undergone trauma before the onset of mental illness" ( I didn't at any point say it was a necessity ). All I did was state an instance which could lead to a defect.

I was citing a scenario of an angry man, and it is well known that anger/rage isn't the normal state of mind of any sane man. When in your very own words you said; Mental illness is as far as we know are physical defects in the brain or brain functioning. We never see mental illness in brains functioning within normal parameters.

That was you categorically saying you and some others (we) know that mental illness are physical defects, which invariably means that a physical treatment/operation is the means by which such wrong can be fixed. If you say that there's nothing as the spiritual realm, what then does a psychologist do to remedy the mind using no physical tool a physician would. Do you not know that words are spirit? You mean to tell me you don't know that words become manifest (become flesh) I can see your POV is apparently against spirits as described by religion.

You were insinuating that such a person's predicament was not physical ie no physical defect right?

I do not know words are spirits because such things acquire definition based on who is attempting to explain it. Here's what I want, show me a way in which we can conclusively demonstrate either the presence of spirits or the spiritual realm.
Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 7:50am On Dec 03, 2019
LordReed:

You were insinuating that such a person's predicament was not physical ie no physical defect right?
( In truth, I was -regarding the fearful man-. My subject in that scenario was meant to be one with no physical impairment to the brain, not from trauma nor congenital issues. I was speaking of an individual whose physical setup would otherwise be certified as normal if physically examined.)

I do not know words are spirits (Yes they are, can you touch your thoughts, can you see your words, I bet not but you sure can do this things when these words become manifest. Consider the phone you use, it first began as an idea which is intangible before it went on to be a finished usable and touchable product. A child that is born is a product of series of thoughts that led to the copulation, conception and birth, growth and even death. Think about this things with an open mind) because such things acquire definition based on who is attempting to explain it. ( Very true that, a wise man once said man reasoning or thinking can only be as great or in depth as his experiences)

Here's what I want, show me a way in which we can conclusively demonstrate either the presence of spirits or the spiritual realm. (This is in constant demonstration around and about us everyday friend, look to nature for your answers but first, look within thyself. For only a man who knows himself knows God )
Re: New Law In Ohio by LordReed(m): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2019
kumulus:

In truth, I was -regarding the fearful man-. My subject in that scenario was meant to be one with no physical impairment to the brain, not from trauma nor congenital issues. I was speaking of an individual whose physical setup would otherwise be certified as normal if physically examined.

Such a person doesn't exist. Every mental ailment is characterized by changes in the brain either structurally or functionally.

Yes they are, can you touch your thoughts, can you see your words, I bet not but you sure can do this things when these words become manifest. Consider the phone you use, it first began as an idea which is intangible before it went on to be a finished usable and touchable product. A child that is born is a product of series of thoughts that led to the copulation, conception and birth, growth and even death. Think about this things with an open mind

So spirit is anything you can't physically perceive?

This is in constant demonstration around and about us everyday friend, look to nature for your answers but first, look within thyself. For only a man who knows himself knows God

This doesn't answer the question. It's like me asking you how do we test air quality and your response being we just need to smell it. Merely smelling the air doesn't validate the air quality as there could the presence of toxic gases that have no smell. We must establish methods that help us to give proper contrast if you are seeking to validate the presence of or lack of any specific thing.

If knowing myself is tantamount to knowing god then I can safely say a spirit god does not exist since all I am is a product of physical processes.
Re: New Law In Ohio by kumulus(m): 11:55am On Dec 03, 2019
LordReed:

Such a person doesn't exist. Every mental ailment is characterized by changes in the brain either structurally or functionally.

Such a person exist sir, if every mental ailment is characterized (physical attributes) by changes in the brain....shouldn't you ask first what brought about the change/defect? What I deduce from your statement again, is that it must be a physical defect, that's not absolutely correct. There are people with various psychological issues yet with no physical brain impairment.

So spirit is anything you can't physically perceive?

Physically perceived, yes! Spirit is an invisible substance (transcendental-wise), a principle or essence. Consider in athletics, we talk about one athlete being spirited and the other dispirited. Are you able to physically perceive (touch, hold or see with your physical visual sense) this spirit of which we speak?

This doesn't answer the question. It's like me asking you how do we test air quality and your response being we just need to smell it. Merely smelling the air doesn't validate the air quality as there could the presence of toxic gases that have no smell. We must establish methods that help us to give proper contrast if you are seeking to validate the presence of or lack of any specific thing.

This is because the Truth only reveals to the one who seek, it isn't one I can give to you beyond the pointer I provide. Seeking to see the Word with the mortal eyes is but folly. The mind is the ultimate laboratory, going as you will and discover.

If knowing myself is tantamount to knowing god then I can safely say a spirit god does not exist since all I am is a product of physical processes.

You fail to see the Truth because you wrongly assume you're only but the physical being, let me ask you; amongst the voices speaking numerous autonomous thoughts in your head , which one is you? The thoughts in your head, are they all truly yours? (All initiated by you?)

Re: New Law In Ohio by LordReed(m): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2019
kumulus:

Such a person exist sir, if every mental ailment is characterized (physical attributes) by changes in the brain....shouldn't you ask first what brought about the change/defect? What I deduce from your statement again, is that it must be a physical defect, that's not absolutely correct. There are people with various psychological issues yet with no physical brain impairment.

I repeat again every mental ailment is characterized by changes in the brain either structurally or functionally. You are hooked on the structural defects and forgetting the functional one which of course is also physical in nature. Functional defects are like hormonal and chemical imbalance.

Physically perceived, yes! Spirit is an invisible substance (transcendental-wise), a principle or essence. Consider in athletics, we talk about one athlete being spirited and the other dispirited. Are you able to physically perceive (touch, hold or see with your physical visual sense) this spirit of which we speak?

It's a metaphor! They are not actually referring to any type of spirit but merely commenting on the attitudes or behaviour of the athletes. None of which things can be divorced from the physical bodies displaying them.

This is because the Truth only reveals to the one who seek, it isn't one I can give to you beyond the pointer I provide. Seeking to see the Word with the mortal eyes is but folly. The mind is the ultimate laboratory, going as you will and discover.

Indeed, which is why your postulations will remain as fantasies, they remain in the realm of imagination.

You fail to see the Truth because you wrongly assume you're only but the physical being, let me ask you; amongst the voices speaking numerous autonomous thoughts in your head , which one is you? The thoughts in your head, are they all truly yours? (All initiated by you?)

I didn't assume anything. I asked you for a method to determine the veracity of your postulations, you said to examine myself which I have and have given you the conclusion.

All thoughts as far as they are in my head are mine, there are no external voices in my head.
Re: New Law In Ohio by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2019
ScepticalPyrrho:

It means religious students are now permitted to sellect dogmatic options or non-options as answers to academic questions.

For instance, if a question reads... "the homohabilis exited between when and when?". A students can just pen down as follows: "The first man (Adam) was created just over 5,000 years ago according to the Bible's timeline. Hence, homohabilis which scientifically appears to have lived about 2 million years ago, never existed".

Religous student can also ignore scientific questions in exam papers, especially those that renders their precious religious beliefs non-sensical.

Proved science is not at odds with the Bible. However, I understand why such a law in Ohio will break upon the hole of wrong believes. But human rights demands that you respect another's beliefs no matter how funny.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Will Get Easier With Time , I Promise You / INVITATION FOR YOUR DAILY DOSE OF GOSPEL MESSAGES FROM PST KUMUYI / Islamic Cleric Bans Women From Bananas, Cucumbers For S3xual Resemblance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.