Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? (3582 Views)

+18 Ass Clap Thursday Twerk / Beautiful Russian Model Twerks Seductively To "Clap" By Double Six / Girls Are Coming Up In Sexing Around.. Clap For Them!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by prince985(m): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2019
I've been engaging in morning jogging for some weeks now, and I noticed some joggers usually clap twice when we cross paths. Is it a kind of greeting? How do I respond?
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Greyworld: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
prince985:
I've been engaging in morning jogging for some weeks now, and I noticed some joggers usually clap twice when we cross paths. Is it a kind of greeting? How do I respond?
You clap back. Do you have something else in mind? like maybe slap them? lol

its like cheering each other up.

23 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Asquare84(m): 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
As a matter of fact I have been wondering about that clap during morning exercise but I suppose is a kind of greeting since the jogger are so exhausted to greet each other

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by sLentlover7778(m): 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2019
You follow d ladder .. clap back grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Apus: 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
It's a way of greeting since it would be quite difficult to open the mouth whilst trying to control your breath. learnt that during my university days. I missed those days sha. Now man don fat ooo

22 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by CreepyBlackpool: 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
They're indirectly calling you a weak ass pvssy. That's what the clapping means.

So next time someone does it, be sure to send that person to the hospital

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Aizenosa(m): 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2019
Apus:
It's a way of greeting since it would be quite difficult to open the mouth whilst trying to control your breath. learnt that during my university days. I missed those days sha. Now man don fat ooo

What is written above is the answer, plus it's also a motivation to continue.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Starboytwo(m): 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
It's more like an encouragement thing... We encourage one another

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
They're indirectly calling you a weak ass pvssy.
That's what the clapping means.

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
Starboytwo:
It's more like an encouragement thing... We encourage one another
undecided
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by WisdomHunter(m): 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
prince985:

Hahahaha it happened to me the first time i started jogging but i get to use of it when i discover it joggers way of cheering others up or greeting.

But wait ooo... Where is your location or Is this clapping of a thing everywhere because i thought is only practice by people around here.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by irrefragable: 11:24pm On Nov 23, 2019
It's a means of encouragement and an esprit de corps kind of thing. The least you could do is clap back.
Reminds me of my early morning jogging days at Uniben. How time flies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by TimFisher2: 11:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
undecided

It means greetings and motivation and also a sign that someone noticed your presence

Just clap back as a sign of acknowledgement

Very very fun indeed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by ogawisdom(m): 1:12am On Nov 24, 2019
Learner that is the greeting code

I have been jogging every Saturday now for 3 yrs

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 24, 2019
prince985:
its a way of cheering and encouraging each other.i do clap twice or i do a thumbs up when i am jogging past a fellow jogger and some do it to me as well.na normal thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by rex444(m): 4:38am On Nov 24, 2019
it's a way of saying kudos to your effort

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by dipson4u08(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2019
THE WICKED SHALL BE RUNNING WHEN NO ONE IS CHASING THEM...

MAYBE U DONT KNOW THE SIGNS OF THE WICKED...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by DavidEsq(m): 9:05am On Nov 24, 2019
irrefragable:
It's a means of encouragement and an esprit de corps kind of thing. The least you could do is clap back.
Reminds me of my early morning jogging days at Uniben. How time flies.
Omo the day I jogged from Hall4, down through staff quarters (SSQ), down to student affairs, down to basement, medical complex and back to hall 4, unit 1. Boy I almost perished that day grin. Boy its almost 10 years back.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by ArticleBeast: 9:22am On Nov 24, 2019
Asquare84:
As a matter of fact I have been wondering about that clap during morning exercise but I suppose is a kind of greeting since the jogger are so exhausted to greet each other
It is motivation clap to push you further. In other words, they are acknowledging your effort
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by evy800(f): 9:23am On Nov 24, 2019
Apus:

It's never too late to get back on the horse
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Apus: 9:49am On Nov 24, 2019
evy800:

It's never too late to get back on the horse

True... life just happened (work, stress e.t.c). I'll find d time to and also hit d gym once in a while.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by SalamRushdie: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2019
Happens mostly on the mainland ..they us e those claps to encourage themselves to keep going..Have noticed the Little ginger you get when the clap for you on the trail ...In Lekki phase 1 no jogger claps for anyone and if you do it people tend to give you a strange look

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by charlsecy(m): 10:04am On Nov 24, 2019
Asquare84:
jogger are so exhausted to greet each other
I don't feel exhausted.
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by irrefragable: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2019
DavidEsq:

Omo the day I jogged from Hall4, down through staff quarters (SSQ), down to student affairs, down to basement, medical complex and back to hall 4, unit 1. Boy I almost perished that day grin. Boy its almost 10 years back.
My brother you dey learn nao. I do jog from hall4 to JSQ to basement, to student affairs, to auditorium, to SSQ, then back to hall 4(that tarred road)twice, sometimes thrice then. But then that would be after loading up on a lot of beans, the night before.
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Mustack: 10:20am On Nov 24, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
They're indirectly calling you a weak ass pvssy.
That's what the clapping means.

Oil dy your brain
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by ilevic(m): 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2019
DavidEsq:

A lazy youth spotted
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Phenomenal16(f): 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
Since I started jogging for inside sch...haba nobody av clapped for me.
Maybe I don't normally smile...I just dey bone face..lol
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2019
Lol.. it's a salutations sign.
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by frozen70(f): 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
prince985:

It's a form of greetings for those in sports who doesn't want to talk whine on it

When you see others clap your hand twise and they will clap back to you

That's the way they greet
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by Clinghton: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2019
I prefer heavyweight to jogging
Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by DavidEsq(m): 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2019
irrefragable:
My brother you dey learn nao. I do jog from hall4 to JSQ to basement, to student affairs, to auditorium, to SSQ, then back to hall 4(that tarred road)twice, sometimes thrice then. But then that would be after loading up on a lot of beans, the night before.
For ur mind now abi?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Morning Joggers Clap At Me? by ovcwality(m): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
First day i follow my brother, i was surprise at the first, second people that clap at us, but when i notice people clapping anytime we pass them, i then understood its a form of greeting
That day i wanted to die on the road, i for kukuma turn back come sleep, Funny thing is that i woke up 4am waiting for time to reach so we can go jogging, i woke him twice before time reach. Anxiety, chai!

(1) (Reply)

Are Akwa Ibom Girls The Best In Terms Of Relationship? / SEX IN THE CITY!! (Hood Edition 2) / A 16yrs Girl Inlove, Is It Normal?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.