Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World (38072 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Don Moen: Enugu Is Nice, Calm And Peaceful / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Born2Freak(f): 2:33am On Nov 25, 2019
0ppa:

You type as though with certainty. Tell me, then, which is the true one denomination? If you cannot, please shut up.

The closest thing to a one true denomination is the catholic church as it is the oldest.

However, even Catholics have their own fanatical dogma.

At the end of the day, just be a good person and try to love the neighbour.

Religion na scam.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

Just Hear yourself speak! SMH!
You have your hands to do what you have to do.

I have done the needful Sir and we were both satisfied after the FRIENDLY DISCUSS! smiley
What is left now is that there is no other religious group ever mentioned in line with the TRUTH on social media apart from Jehovah's Witnesses

What you people often say is "I have a religion but the doctrine of my religion does not define me" cheesy

Unlike the form of worship that has been raised above all {Isaiah 2:2} to be ~

Noticed by all! Matt 5:14-16

Admired by few! Zach 8:23,Matt 7:13-14

Vilified by majority! John 17:14-16

Love, Joy and Peace in their midst! Gala 5:22

Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by shadeyinka(m): 5:03am On Nov 25, 2019
Maximus69:

I have done the needful Sir and we were both satisfied after the FRIENDLY DISCUSS! smiley
What is left now is that there is no other religious group ever mentioned in line with the TRUTH on social media apart from Jehovah's Witnesses

What you people often say is "I have a religion but the doctrine of my religion does not define me" cheesy

Unlike the form of worship that has been raised above all {Isaiah 2:2} to be ~

Noticed by all! Matt 5:14-16

Admired by few! Zach 8:23,Matt 7:13-14

Vilified by majority! John 17:14-16

Love, Joy and Peace in their midst! Gala 5:22

Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley
Chest beating like an Orangutan as usual. I didn't ask you any questions that warrant any lengthy epistle!
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by livebyday(m): 5:34am On Nov 25, 2019
0ppa:

I admire your inquisitiveness and the energy you have expended in seeking for what is right. Have you ever thought of researching the history of these celebrations? It will shock you even as it seems normal to many a people!

Well frankly here is my conviction

While the original of a felicitation might not be divine the end point is what counts.

Moses wasn't raised in a happy home setting, infact he was to be executed and hence pushed into the river in a basket, he was picked from the river by an Egyptian princess and he was the saviour of the isrealiites eventually...

His origins was from the river to all who where there when he was found his end was saviour of Israel..

Think of this In context of a Nigerian setting, any child found Ina basket would be burned alive as a witch by Christians here , no one cares about his end..

My point is origins are relative to ones perspective... You just can't simply be rigid and say Christmas may have started as a pagya holiday by certain research, but today it represents one of the most joyful seasons I'm the whole world,a season where people give gifts to those in need more than ever, countries show love to others , people are happy , if that's what a pagan holiday represents to the whole world then maybe we need more of them.

Now to say celebrating a child's birthday is paganism is down right narcissistic. i wont be part of any group that robs children of such child like euphoria and joy just to justify a repressive dogma.

Joy is meant to be fluid and unburdened, natural and organic not structured

This is what the Jehovah witnesses lack, fluid flexible joy .. this is why despite reading far with then I just couldn't join..

It as seems so fettered and rigid ... Off course the regular churches are worse off with their loop sided importance of man that robs one of any real effort to work and change yourself...

Frankly Islam is currently more of a real religion than Christianity

Anyways that's that

Cheers

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Hairyrapunzel: 6:34am On Nov 25, 2019
0ppa:

You have answered your question. The NWT was also written from the main sources and not from another English translation. I prefer my Bible -- modern words, easy to understand, written void of self dogma. Sorry, Jehovah does not mean 'The Lord God.' 'Lord' and 'God' are titles. Jehovah is God's personal name ( read Psalm 83:18).

Even your gb knows that jehovah is not the correct name of God sef
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Hairyrapunzel: 6:44am On Nov 25, 2019
0ppa:

Nice post.
Which denomination are doing God's will today?

Show us the bible verse that said only one denomination will do God's wil and you can point to it?

You will still not find any bible verse.

Last last your gb told you that only watctower is doing jehovah will today and you must believe and accept their words. You have no choice because not accepting their words means you will be killed/slaughtered like non jws in armageddon

Clap for yourself
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

Chest beating like an Orangutan as usual. I didn't ask you any questions that warrant any lengthy epistle!

According to the young Jewish carpenter from Nazareth, "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Luke 6:45

You've got nothing tangible to offer since you yourself have disqualified your own church by saying "Church doctrine doesn't define me"

So what are you going to do there if the doctrine can't modify you? What exactly are you doing in such a gathering? cheesy

We are Jehovah's Witnesses! Isaiah 43:10-12

Whatever protrudes from the Watchtower is surely biblical principles and it modifies all of us, that's why we can have the same line of thought globally! Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3

Shame on all forms of worship that's not powerful enough to modify/define it's adherents!

Show me your friend and i'll tell you who you are! Psalms 1:1

Jehovah's Witnesses aren't just having a form of Godly devotion while proving false to it's powers like your folks! 2Timothy 3:5

If what your Church teaches is God's word, surely it must be powerful enough to define/modify all the members! Hebrew 4:12 compared to James 1:18-26
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Hairyrapunzel: 6:48am On Nov 25, 2019
0ppa:

You have answered your question. The NWT was also written from the main sources and not from another English translation. I prefer my Bible -- modern words, easy to understand, written void of self dogma. Sorry, Jehovah does not mean 'The Lord God.' 'Lord' and 'God' are titles. Jehovah is God's personal name ( read Psalm 83:18).

If nwt was really written from the main sources it wouldn't have written jehovah (a name formulated by pagans) 218 times in the new testament when it was never mentioned in any original Greek manuscript in the whole world.

Just say you guys used watchtower magazine to write your nwt. Lol
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by shadeyinka(m): 7:00am On Nov 25, 2019
Maximus69:

According to the young Jewish carpenter from Nazareth, "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Luke 6:45

You've got nothing tangible to offer since you yourself have disqualified your own church by saying "Church doctrine doesn't define me"

So what are you going to do there if the doctrine can't modify you? What exactly are you doing in such a gathering? cheesy

We are Jehovah's Witnesses! Isaiah 43:10-12

Whatever protrudes from the Watchtower is surely biblical principles and it modifies all of us, that's why we can have the same line of thought globally! Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3

Shame on all forms of worship that's not powerful enough to modify/define it's adherents!

Show me your friend and i'll tell you who you are! Psalms 1:1

Jehovah's Witnesses aren't just having a form of Godly devotion while proving false to it's powers like your folks! 2Timothy 3:5

If what your Church teaches is God's word, surely it must be powerful enough to define/modify all the members! Hebrew 4:12 compared to James 1:18-26
Why confess like a witch when no one asked you any question?

Liars always hide truth under volumes of needless information!
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Tonysmith4sure(m): 7:35am On Nov 25, 2019
Hmmmm...... Sadly true
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 25, 2019
0ppa:

"The dog that is bound to get lost will never hear the whistling of the hunter"

I rest my case.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Princemedico18: 8:20am On Nov 25, 2019
Why Not figure out the truth about JW here

Click the Link

www.JW.org
Wol.jw.org
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Born2Freak(f): 9:46am On Nov 25, 2019
Princemedico18:
Why Not figure out the truth about JW here

Click the Link

www.JW.org
Wol.jw.org

La click la bend.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janella1(f): 9:58am On Nov 25, 2019
Proudly a witness

2 Likes

Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by justli: 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
0ppa:

What translation of the Bible have you? I hope you are aware the Bible were originally written in Hebrews and Greek?

Not about language of translation but about changing the message to suit your crooked view
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janosky: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
justli:

Not about language of translation but about changing the message to suit your crooked view

Baseless claims, no proof.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2019
Truefaith:

Christians are supposed to be people who believe in Christ.

Jehovah's Witnesses are very vehement of their rejection of Christ.

They hold the same view of Christ as Islam and Mormonism - which is basically the same view Hinduism has of Christ, and, of course, Hinduism gave birth to Pentecostalism.

How does anyone call any of these Christians!

Check this issue up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

It seems you are missing something. They believe in Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janosky: 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janosky: 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
justli:

Jw believe they are the only true Christmas alive. Every other is doomed.

They don't believe in Jesus Christ as the other Christians do.

They think Jesus is arch angel Michael

They don't believe in body resurrection of Christ.

They don't believe in the holy spirit.

They don't believe in Jesus as God incarnate.

They have their own Bible fashioned to suit their deceit.

They have predicted the coming of Christ twice in the past and failed miserably. Talk about false prophecy.

They believe in salvation by work alone.

They believe you can only understand the Bible under the guidance of their watchtower and awake publications

JW is a cult group deeply shrouded in secrecy.
justli quote> JW is a cult group deeply shrouded in secrecy.
They don't believe in the holy spirit.
They have their own Bible fashioned to suit their deceit."
"Justli" DECEPTIVE LIES....

James2:14-26 " O empty man ,do you care to know that faith without works is useless?

"They have predicted the coming of Christ twice in the past and failed miserably. Talk about false prophecy. "
Jesus disciples predicted "the kingdom of God will appear IMMEDIATELY" Luke 19:11,
Bros ,this is 2019 where the kingdom appear?

* Your pastorpreneur will never tell you anyone outside his business centre will enter "heaven".
If JWs said they are true Christians, it's our right, we serve Jehovah with prospect of everlasting life. Deut30:15. John17:3.

*JWs worships the God of Jesus Christ in heaven and earth. Matt4:10. Rev3:12
Jesus calls Him "My Father and your Father, my God and your God", "the ONLY TRUE GOD" John20:17. 17:3.
We can not worship your deity, your deity is the son of his Father and son of our God.
Your deity says we should worship his Father.
You gerrit ?

* 1Peter3:18, Jesus died in the fleshly realm but raised up to life in the spiritual realm.
Peter saw it as eye witness , Acts3:12-15.
why not believe Peter's testimony?
*** Malachi 3:1.
" Behold, I send my messenger, and he shall
prepare the way before me; and the Lord
whom ye seek will suddenly come to his
temple, and the Angel of the covenant,
whom ye delight in: behold, he cometh,
saith Jehovah of hosts."
* Jesus Christ is the " Angel of the covenant" ,the Messiah promised to come.
Jesus leads other angels to execute judgment of destruction on wicked people. 2Thess1:7-9.
1 Thess4:16.Matt16:27, Matt25:31,Mark 8:38 ,who is the one with Archangels voice?,who is the one leading other angels in his Father's glory?
*Archangel means leader,Chief of angels.
** JWs have the truth joor.... take it or leave!
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
Being a Witness was the greatest gift we hath.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janosky: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
quirus:

Have you ever read the KJV Bible, which is the first universal Bible for the English speaking people, and compare it with your own JW Bible?

Please do and you will know the Truth and it will set you free.

Also forget about the whole Bible being written in the Hebrew and Greek languages, every Bible scholars know about that. And moreso all the existing Bible versions were translated from these original texts, including yours.

Also, that sacred Word Yahweh or Yehovah or Jehovah means The LORD GOD, so your JW version mentioning the sacred name all through does not change anything, it is the same I AM THAT I AM. GLORY BE TO HIS HOLY NAME.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/who-is-jehovah/

"Also, that sacred Word Yahweh or Yehovah or Jehovah means The LORD GOD"

Jehovah does NOT mean The LORD GOD"
Jehovah is God's name.

"The LORD GOD" is a title.
YHWH means "I shall be what/who I will be
OR
I shall become what /who I shall become.."
* Hebrew language has no present tense "I am" is not Hebrew...
*KJV was translated from the late 16th century TR- Textus Receptus manuscript ....
Wycliffe's Bible translation is the first English language bible.... older than KJV.

KJV dey learn work compared to NWT.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2019
quirus:

"The dog that is bound to get lost will never hear the whistling of the hunter"

I rest my case.
What if the dog's journey was for everlasting life? Sure, it is preferable to some hunter's call! Pre-life before being a Witness cannot be compared with now especially for sb who had military affiliation; I now have joy and peace of mind that comes from the wealthiest person; Jehovah. Serving God means my life.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janosky: 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
quirus:

1)
They are preaching heresy, all their claims about the heavenly kingdom is wrong.
(2)
Their leader fashioned for them a fake bible to support a fake biblical principles which is turning his adherents blind.
(3).
They have better read the true and the universal Bible and see the truth therein and turn from their heretical and they will end up in that Sheol which they are denying.
FAKE News.
Baseless claims ,no proof.

What is Sheol?
When did JWs deny Sheol exist?
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Hairyrapunzel: 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
0ppa:

What if the dog's journey was for everlasting life? Sure, it is preferable to some hunter's call! Pre-life before being a Witness cannot be compared with now especially for sb who had military affiliation; I now have joy and peace of mind that comes from the wealthiest person; Jehovah. Serving God means my life.

Thank God your question is "what if the Dog's journey was for everlasting life?"

It shows it's not real yet and also shows uncertainty.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Hairyrapunzel: 3:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
Janosky:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/who-is-jehovah/

"Also, that sacred Word Yahweh or Yehovah or Jehovah means The LORD GOD"

Jehovah does NOT mean The LORD GOD"
Jehovah is God's name.

"The LORD GOD" is a title.
YHWH means "I shall be what/who I will be
OR
I shall become what /who I shall become.."
* Hebrew language has no present tense "I am" is not Hebrew...
*KJV was translated from the late 16th century TR- Textus Receptus manuscript ....
Wycliffe's Bible translation is the first English language bible.... older than KJV.

KJV dey learn work compared to NWT.

Show us the bible verse that says Lord God is a title?
What is the meaning of jehovah?
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Show us the bible verse that said only one denomination will do God's wil and you can point to it?

You will still not find any bible verse.

Last last your gb told you that only watctower is doing jehovah will today and you must believe and accept their words. You have no choice because not accepting their words means you will be killed/slaughtered like non jws in armageddon

Clap for yourself
What's really your point?
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Show us the bible verse that says Lord God is a title?
What is the meaning of jehovah?
I incite you to be discreet! Would not you look up sth before starting a blind argument? You must mean King, Queen, Lord, Goddess, Prince are also names.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
Born2Freak:

The closest thing to a one true denomination is the catholic church as it is the oldest.

However, even Catholics have their own fanatical dogma.

At the end of the day, just be a good person and try to love the neighbour.

Religion na scam.
I was Catholic. Refrain from typing ignorantly. Catholicism is the base of false worship.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Born2Freak(f): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
0ppa:

I was Catholic. Refrain from typing ignorantly. Catholicism is the base of false worship.

The same catholic church that compiled the very bible that you are using?
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by supercase1(m): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2019
madridsta007:

Not sure why you are writing this Epistle.

It is needless.

JW have, in the past made predictions of the world ending. I know of two of those times because I lived in those times.

Both turned out false.
FALSE.

False because, Jesus has said, quite clearly, that it is only the Father that knows when.
It is in the Bible.

Of course you know this. Hence this Epistle which you’ve written to counter it. It doesn’t take it away though.

Seems like predictions appear to have stopped for now. Let us leave it that way.
Sir I wasn't trying to convert u If u read d post I just gave u a living evidence to belief the Bible prophecies ok!!!! No body want to convert everyone has his choice to make. Have a nice day wink
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by supercase1(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

All your rants is just about a "JW app" with the sole intent of converting me from a Disciple of Christ to a disciple of your organisation.
Sorry!
It can't werk!
I no dey try convert u ooo!!!!!! everything is up to you thank you. wink
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by madridsta007(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2019
supercase1:

Sir I wasn't trying to convert u If u read d post I just gave u a living evidence to belief the Bible prophecies ok!!!! No body want to convert everyone has his choice to make. Have a nice day wink

You are chasing masqurades up and down where there isn't one.

Where have I mentioned that you are trying to convert me? Or convert anyone?
Did you write that in error?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

COZA Vs Busola Dakolo: Why I Shunned PFN Panel - Pastor Fatoyinbo / Apostle Johnson Suleman To Open His Airline, Promises To Employ 3,000 Africans / Father Mbaka Pays Hospital Bills Of Patients Worth Over ₦18.8 Million (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.