Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World (37888 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Don Moen: Enugu Is Nice, Calm And Peaceful / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janosky: 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
marvin906:

yes in hypocrisy and suicide

https://www.nairaland.com/marvin906
You espouse a religion renown for suicides worldwide yet you're making fallacious allegations..
Quantirinu deceiving yourself.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by rottennaija(m): 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2019
madridsta007:

Not sure why you are writing this Epistle.

It is needless.

JW have, in the past made predictions of the world ending. I know of two of those times because I lived in those times.

Both turned out false.
FALSE.

False because, Jesus has said, quite clearly, that it is only the Father that knows when.
It is in the Bible.

Of course you know this. Hence this Epistle which you’ve written to counter it. It doesn’t take it away though.

Seems like predictions appear to have stopped for now. Let us leave it that way.

Not just the past alone. They are still making it and it will fail as always. Doomsday religion like Jw are in the business of making end of the world prediction.

The trick for them is, without the doomsday prediction, they can't create a sense of urgency among their members to recruit and make more members and also money in the process. So they need to make more predictions.

In the past, they use dates. Today, they use the livespan of their present leaders saying these leaders have fulfilled a special prophecy in the bible and the world will end before they all die. That way, they create a strong sense of urgency among members. Its the same trick all over. These leaders will also die and nothing will happen, which will force them to invent new messages to keep their sheep docile. They call it overlapping generation.

1 Like

Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

I wish you do a proper quote of how you were referred to as "pius" and the context rather than coming here on NL to lie as usual!

Bitter lesson!? LOL!
Let God and my conscience be the judge of that!

We know who you resemble with your lies!

It's not a matter of pointing accusing fingers Sir.

I hope you've not deleted it, just direct the OP to the thread and leave the rest in the hands of sincere followers! cheesy
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
quirus:

Have you ever read the KJV Bible, which is the first universal Bible for the English speaking people, and compare it with your own JW Bible?

Please do and you will know the Truth and it will set you free.

Also forget about the whole Bible being written in the Hebrew and Greek languages, every Bible scholars know about that. And moreso all the existing Bible versions were translated from these original texts, including yours.

Also, that sacred Word Yahweh or Yehovah or Jehovah means The LORD GOD, so your JW version mentioning the sacred name all through does not change anything, it is the same I AM THAT I AM. GLORY BE TO HIS HOLY NAME.

Kindly visit spiritlessons.com site and gets spiritual books for your enlightenment. Remember common religious adherence or sect will not get you to heaven (be it Catholics or Orthodox or Pentecostal or JW), it is your personal relationship with the LORD that will open the gates of HEAVEN to you.
You have answered your question. The NWT was also written from the main sources and not from another English translation. I prefer my Bible -- modern words, easy to understand, written void of self dogma. Sorry, Jehovah does not mean 'The Lord God.' 'Lord' and 'God' are titles. Jehovah is God's personal name ( read Psalm 83:18).

2 Likes

Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by shadeyinka(m): 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2019
Maximus69:

It's not a matter of pointing accusing fingers Sir.

I hope you've not deleted it, just direct the OP to the thread and leave the rest in the hands of sincere followers! cheesy
Just Hear yourself speak! SMH!
You have your hands to do what you have to do.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by farem: 10:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
0ppa:

If you will be civil, do create a new topic, ask all your questions, then tag me. I'll gladly answer all and prospective ones. I'm open for discussion.
Even though there could be more questions, won't it be fair to attend to ALL the ones already asked and seen by people?
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
rottennaija:

First of all, the terms deserving one is a loaded language. Every group have they own loaded language. To a Jw, it means someone who accept their messages without questioning it. Who accepts everything said hook, line and sinker. That person is deserving. However, we do know that anyone who is good enough, who possess tough questions with solid reasoning , who meets the JWs in their own game of twist and turning, someone who is well grounded in the bible isn't quickly shaken from the faith, will definitely be counted as a conversational stopper, undeserving and likely an opposer.

Second and to the most important point I need to make is. Every organisation is interested in its self preservation. A religious organisation is really invested in its self preservation. And there are 2 important ways.
1. Recruitment
2. Money.
Each of these are practiced by Watchtower. Current statistics shows that it is increasingly difficult for JWs to recruit outsiders, so their greatest recruitment drives is on children. Children of their members.

On finances, a JWs can preach all his life without a single convert. But each month, he will have an envelop filled with cash to turn into the box. Imagine a population of 50 people turning in 500 every month times 12 months.
50*500*12 =300k

Some can be more, Others less. You may also have realised that before JWs became a religion, it was a business. One of their primary source of revenue is door to door preaching and offering their publications. Of course, members, the rank and file are always told the whitewash version of it, that they are fulfilling a special role by going door to door... But within the hierarchy, stop door knocking and offering the publications and they have a serious trouble running the religion as they are likely to lose more than 50% of their revenue.

Of course, you will say, the publications are without charge, etc. That the "small money" you get cannot cover the cost of publications. The trick is in mass production. Mass produce and the cost comes down.

So you have the inner workings up there. It's all about self preservation. To succeed, money and new recruit is paramount.
Nice post.
Which denomination are doing God's will today?
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2019
farem:

Even though there could be more questions, won't it be fair to attend to ALL the ones already asked and seen by people?
Please mention them to me again.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2019
livebyday:

I have had numerous discussions with witnesses and understand the perspective but I still disagree with certain things

Now where is it said in the Bible that you should take cocaine but or smoke weed or change your gender but as a well adjusted adult in society one is meant to know what's not right ...

You can't live your life based on the doctrines 100% because somethings are just plain common sense

I know now where does it say celebrate birthdays or marriage anniversary but I want to celebrate my kids birthday when i have a child in future

I want to give my.blood if needed to save someone's life

So I don't need to ask you anything because I have sat and discussed with witnesses over a 100 different occasions whenever they come knocking infact I have close friends who are witnesses but I just don't agree with certain things

Just as I don't agree that our Lord Jesus came to die for mankind's sins that to me is plain suicide and contradictory to alot in the Bible

I believe he came to show us the way to live but the devil cut short his mission by murder using humans to betray and murder him

Hence the prayer at the point of his death father forgive them for they know not what they do..
Meaning a grave sin was committed hence the need for prayer to God to forgive mankind , meaning he was unjustly being murdered

Anyways I digress

Cheers
I admire your inquisitiveness and the energy you have expended in seeking for what is right. Have you ever thought of researching the history of these celebrations? It will shock you even as it seems normal to many a people!
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
bossvinqualad25:
male or female
Male
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by farem: 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2019
0ppa:

Please mention them to me again.
They were written already!
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2019
omoharry:
ur stupid religious belief about blood transfusion ended her life.she would have been Alive today had she not join ur yeye religion.I don't know what she found in JW.Now the husband is remarried..life goes on.pls don't quote me again.bye
Maybe you didn't know but JW adheres to bible standards strictly, and refraining from blood is one (Le 7:26, Act 15: 29). We also believe in a resurrection hope found here at Rev 21: 1-4. John 5:28. Do read these and be inspired.
Gracais.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janosky: 10:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
FrLukas:
That's just a facade.

The smiles and pretend peace are not real. I've dealt with them up close. Some of them are scared of leaving. In actual fact they feel repressed, and cooped in.
Among the twelve there was a Judas.
Those "pretenders" will eventually place themselves where they really belong, sooner or later. Water must find e level nau....
You either love Jehovah or you don't.
Joshua24:15.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
Kyllahmc:
ls Jehovah witness a different Religion? this diversity we have in Christianity is a big problem.
you see christians trying to convert other christians into Christianity again... because they worship in different Churches.
You see christians competing with Christians over supremacy like some kind of street war.

Christianity is not a religion
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:34pm On Nov 24, 2019
immortalityk:
Religion is a scam
Christianity is not a religion
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
farem:

Yes! Their Jesus is not our own who came to die on the Cross for the Salvation of all.
We believe in Jesus and put strong faith in him. However we do not believe everything people believe about Jesus, eg. being part of a trinity. Believing in Jesus is vital for us. (John 17:3)

Their holy spirit is not our Holy Spirit. Theirs is an active force, our is the Spirit of God.

Yes, we believe it is God's active force. Please elaborate what the 'spirit of God' means to you, as 'Holy Spirit' means different things to different folks.
The sheddin of the blood of Jesus is of no relevance to them
We believe that Jesus died and sacrificed his life as a ransom for us to gain salvation.

They reject being born again.
Insisting they are not going to heaven. That only 144,000 are the only born again that are going to heaven.
I have met many people give different meanings to being 'born again.' If you meant being with Christ in heaven, then have you ever wondered what they will do there? We believe Christ will have co-rulers and there will be a small flock. (Rev 20:6; 5:9, 10).
So if they will be kings as rightly said by Jesus, who will they rule over? These scriptures answer it: Psalm 37:11, 29; Proverbs 2:21, 22).

They don't believe in hell fire (eternal and continuous burning of lost souls), rather the lost souls are simply burned off as if one burn refuse (Annihilation)

... �
Hell in Greek is 'Hades,' and in Hebrews 'Sheol,' refer, not to an individual burial place but a common grave of mankind.
The bible here at Eccl. 9:5, 10 helps me to understand that the dead feels no pain, no torment, and Ps 146:4 explains the state of the dead: 'His spirit goes out and he goes back to his ground, and in that day his thought perishes. He goes back to becoming dust. Let us leave the long grammar, Adam was the first sinner, right? Show me an account of he being in hell. If the original sinner never was in hell, will the offspring be? Now think of it.. Can a father punish his child by putting his hand in fire? The bible says at 1 John 4:8 that God is love.
For more on Hell Fire, I welcome questions (use biblical backups too). I prefer you create a separate topic and tag me. I'll answer all your questions.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janosky: 10:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
nzeobi:

this people do not join the army, they do not vote and above all they reject some form of medical treatment believe you me, if i find my self in a position of authority, i wont hesitate to ban such beliefs challenging the authority of government.

Na which government Jesus Christ vote for?
You for even ban Jesus from preaching.... You think say you get sense..... smh !
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Solorrman(m): 11:12pm On Nov 24, 2019
ogbuefi677:

E be like Islamabad ppl done de open thread for Christians.
No be like that it's christianashit ,Christianity the only religion on Earth that has a God Jesus Christ who came with penix and anus at the same time,u need to be busy asking ur pastor and parent why would they lead u to rot because it's a huge comic to worship a guy that had anus as a creator God but here u are calling Islam bad while u don't even know the said God u serve don't even know u worship him because he never commanded ur pathetic ass to bow on to him. Christianity was a cult never a religion because no religion without God and the God that goes to toilet was never a God.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Solorrman(m): 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
Born2Freak:
Jehovah's witness is a cult.

They do not have love for outsiders and non believers.

I blame the mod that put this on front page.
christianashit ,Christianity the only religion on Earth that has a God Jesus Christ who came with penix and anus at the same time,u need to be busy asking ur pastor and parent why would they lead u to rot because it's a huge comic to worship a guy that had anus as a creator God but here u are calling Islam bad while u don't even know the said God u serve don't even know u worship him because he never commanded ur pathetic ass to bow on to him. Christianity was a cult never a religion because no religion without God and the God that goes to toilet was never a God.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Solorrman(m): 11:17pm On Nov 24, 2019
Truefaith:
[b]

Christians are supposed to be people who believe in Christ.

Jehovah's Witnesses are very vehement of their rejection of Christ.

They hold the same view of Christ as Islam and Mormonism - which is basically the same view Hinduism has of Christ, and, of course, Hinduism gave birth to Pentecostalism.

How does anyone call any of these Christians!

Check this issue up with your Bible open at

christianashit ,Christianity the only religion on Earth that has a God Jesus Christ who came with penix and anus at the same time,u need to be busy asking ur pastor and parent why would they lead u to rot because it's a huge comic to worship a guy that had anus as a creator God but here u are calling Islam bad while u don't even know the said God u serve don't even know u worship him because he never commanded ur pathetic ass to bow on to him. Christianity was a cult never a religion because no religion without God and the God that goes to toilet was never a God.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

www.thetruechristianfaith.com[/b]
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by rottennaija(m): 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2019
0ppa:

Nice post.
Which denomination are doing God's will today?

By whose definition of God's will? Jehovah's Witnesses? Catholic? Deeper Life? Redeem? Whose?

Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janosky: 11:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
omoharry:
Yeye religion.My cousin joined this religion and lost her life becos she & her husband refuse any blood transfusion during her complicated delivery. Now she is dead and life goes on.
They are the most weird and boring people u can ever be with .They are totally cut off from every celebration of life..even muslims pertake birthdays and new year celebration.
They are hypocrite that just like quoting the Bible .They pretend to be holier than others meanwhile they also engage in these devices that they accuse noln JW about.I don't like them.

We feel your pain that you lost your cousin... her demise saddens us too.
However, we have to give your cousin credit for her great faith and courage to stand up for what she believe in, like Jesus Christ &Abraham did. Hebrew 11:17-19. Acts 5:29.Acts 15:28,29. Jesus Christ says her death is not in vain. Luke9:23,24. John11:11-14,23-26. She will come back to life in the resurrection. John5:28,29.

* What you call "stupid" is actually wisdom of Jehovah. 1Cor1:19-21.
What is "weird and boring" about obedience to Jehovah?
Did Jesus "partake in birthdays and new year celebrations"?
Why Are you being hypocritical carrying out what Jesus Christ did not approve?
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Hairyrapunzel: 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
Jim Jones and his people's temple church members still claimed they where the most peaceful and United church in the world.

Being the most united and peaceful religion doesn't mean your religion is a true religion.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Janosky: 11:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
farem:

(1)
Yes! Their Jesus is not our own who came to die on the Cross for the Salvation of all.
(2)
Their holy spirit is not our Holy Spirit. Theirs is an active force, our is the Spirit of God.

(3)
The sheddin of the blood of Jesus is of no relevance to them

(4)
They reject being born again. Insisting they are not going to heaven. That only 144,000 are the only born again that are going to heaven.

(5)
They don't believe in hell fire (eternal and continuous burning of lost souls), rather the lost souls are simply burned off as if one burn refuse (Annihilation)

... �

You're very confused as a result you added lies to spice it up.

(1) John3:16. John17:3. John20:17 is the Jesus Christ who JWs believe in.

(2) Proof you're confused. "Spirit of God", na active power wey Jehovah get. Matt 3:16,17 Jesus received that power in the form of a dove. Or you mean say God leave heaven change to dove to see Jesus.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Hairyrapunzel: 11:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
Janosky:

We feel your pain that you lost your cousin... her demise saddens us too.
However, we have to give your cousin credit for her great faith and courage to stand up for what she believe in, like Jesus Christ &Abraham did. Hebrew 11:17-19. Acts 5:29.Acts 15:28,29. Jesus Christ says her death is not in vain. Luke9:23,24. John11:11-14,23-26. She will come back to life in the resurrection. John5:28,29.

* What you call "stupid" is actually wisdom of Jehovah. 1Cor1:19-21.
What is "weird and boring" about obedience to Jehovah?
Did Jesus "partake in birthdays and new year celebrations"?
Why Are you being hypocritical carrying out what Jesus Christ did not approve?

Name one person in the bible that killed himself or herself or rather that committed suicide because of what they believed in? I know you wouldn't see any.

Because you want to cover the evil your religion promotes you quickly moved to not celebrating Christmas and birthdays. Lol

You can't even justify your religion's decision to ok suicide. Lol
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Hairyrapunzel: 11:41pm On Nov 24, 2019
Janosky:

You're very confused as a result you added lies to spice it up.

(1) John3:16. John17:3. John20:17 is the Jesus Christ who JWs believe in.

(2) Proof you're confused. "Spirit of God", na active power wey Jehovah get. Matt 3:16,17 Jesus received that power in the form of a dove. Or you mean say God leave heaven change to dove to see Jesus.

If they ask you to show us your assumption word for word in the bible you will start feigning ignorance. Smh
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nnamebuka: 11:52pm On Nov 24, 2019
ceejay80s:
they are not going door to door to preach, they are looking for who to brain wash and start going to their church, will rather convert to a Islam than be a johava witness
Oh is that? May it happen to you just as you've prayed this day...
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Hairyrapunzel: 11:57pm On Nov 24, 2019
0ppa:

We believe in Jesus and put strong faith in him. However we do not believe everything people believe about Jesus, eg. being part of a trinity. Believing in Jesus is vital for us. (John 17:3)

Yes, we believe it is God's active force. Please elaborate what the 'spirit of God' means to you, as 'Holy Spirit' means different things to different folks.

We believe that Jesus died and sacrificed his life as a ransom for us to gain salvation.

I have met many people give different meanings to being 'born again.' If you meant being with Christ in heaven, then have you ever wondered what they will do there? We believe Christ will have co-rulers and there will be a small flock. (Rev 20:6; 5:9, 10).
So if they will be kings as rightly said by Jesus, who will they rule over? These scriptures answer it: Psalm 37:11, 29; Proverbs 2:21, 22).

Hell in Greek is 'Hades,' and in Hebrews 'Sheol,' refer, not to an individual burial place but a common grave of mankind.
The bible here at Eccl. 9:5, 10 helps me to understand that the dead feels no pain, no torment, and Ps 146:4 explains the state of the dead: 'His spirit goes out and he goes back to his ground, and in that day his thought perishes. He goes back to becoming dust. Let us leave the long grammar, Adam was the first sinner, right? Show me an account of he being in hell. If the original sinner never was in hell, will the offspring be? Now think of it.. Can a father punish his child by putting his hand in fire? The bible says at 1 John 4:8 that God is love.
For more on Hell Fire, I welcome questions (use biblical backups too). I prefer you create a separate topic and tag me. I'll answer all your questions.

Your jehovah is not coming to destroy wicked/worldly people so you can live forever on paradise earth.

Start dealing with the fact that the only place your wish will come true is inside your head/imagination and your watchtower magazines.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Hairyrapunzel: 11:59pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nnamebuka:
Oh is that? May it happen to you just as you've prayed this day...

The ultimate goal of preaching is to gain converts. Islam self is better than your religion. Islam will never tell people to choose death over taking blood transfusion.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by XavierD(f): 11:59pm On Nov 24, 2019

Because the rest religion are doing the work for them.

Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 25, 2019
Janosky:

Among the twelve there was a Judas.
Those "pretenders" will eventually place themselves where they really belong, sooner or later. Water must find e level nau....
You either love Jehovah or you don't.
Joshua24:15.

lol. they are not pretenders.

what is the meaning of that word Jehova? and what is it's origin anyway.
Re: Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World by goodnews777: 12:51am On Nov 25, 2019
Jesus witness please if you are a Christian.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Lagos Prophet Sets Member On Fire Because God Asked Him To / Pastor Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500k Seed - Daddy Freeze Reacts (Video) / Muoka's Accuser Juliet Ezeonye-Idu In Prison In Prison Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.