Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd (44991 Views)

Can A Third Class Graduate Apply For Masters In The USA / Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada / With 8m. Should I Run An Msc Prog., Go For A Pilot Course Or Do Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by OgbeniOja1: 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
Like there is first class lower division....illiterate.
EmptyCoconutHead:
I graduate with 1st class upper division at UNIBEN

3 Likes

Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by Paulheyman: 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
fapcrook:
my mum is responding to your comments. Shes an associate professor in a nigerian university. Do you know the implication of Pgd. It means balancing up where you were weak at during the first degree.

1) The guy you were replying to, knows little or nothing about academics. It's funny how they exert their claims with so much confidence as if he/she knows what he/she is insinuating. Generally, in academics PGD overrides a BSc, MSc overrides a BSc while a PhD overrides a MSc. irrespective of grade. What it implies is that with a PGD you've done two independent research while a first class BSc. have done just one independent research. PGD confers you with greater honours than BSc. as far as certification is involved. A PGD with good academic papers will place you far above your mates with BSc.
Irrespective of grade the order is thus BSc < PGD < MSc < Mphil< PhD

2) On employability for PhDs, it's a general problem worldwide but the Nigerian issues is always generally pathetic. But the opportunity PhD confers on you is enormous, you can apply for a postdoc abroad, get employed in an industry, become an adjunct lecturer, become an independent researcher and with a PhD you can head any government ministry without undue victimization. Even in your village you can as well become intermediary between your community and any company that wishes to be sited in your community. But if your wish is academics then prepare to do research and publish the results of your finding. The private universities are there to employ you for a start then with good research records you can move to a public university, truth is you can even combine the two and make good money for yourself. PhDs are very few, I mean very rare to find. Out of 7 of us that graduated 5 works with a tertiary institution (out of the 5, 1 works as an adjunct lecturer too), 1 works with a government secondary school while 1 works with a private secondary school. What it means is that only two are available to be recruited by private university

Academics is fun. I admire his courage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by Back2Daura(m): 6:21am On Oct 17, 2023
Good day all,
I am pleased to inform you all that I graduated with a 4.45 CGPA in my Ph.D in June 2023 this year from a Nigerian federal University and I got a lecturing job before with a private university last year. I have been invited to apply to federal universities and they are amazed by my brilliance.
Thanks to all those who encouraged me. I got a third class because in my first undergraduate I was on 4.6cgpa before I was told that I was not a student because I came in through supplementary list called the VC list and when another VC came in he nullified my the list asking us to produce our original jamb admission letter. That really affected my grades in the university.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cowbellpedia 2019: Shocker! As Oluwafemi Adeyanju Takes An Early Exit / Olosunde Aderonke Oyindamola Who Did Project Work On 'Jenifa's Diary English' / Niger Delta University Graduating Student Signs On Colleague's Chest (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.