Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,364 members, 7,829,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. (32816 Views)

Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife / 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by MyNation(m): 10:48am On Nov 26, 2019
I doubt the figure of this post.

Almost everyone knows Nigerian men of this generation are becoming more fatherly, caring, less abusive etc than before. While the ladies are becoming not so motherly like their mothers.

The truth is always bitter.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
From your comment it obvious you are very immature.
Fyi0:

Stupid thing. Women have also become more bitchy, disrespectful, hoey etc than before.
Bitch

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
Are you justifying cheating?
Fountainofyouth:

And men have not been horrible from time immemorial? See double standard, do your part by not fvcking the married women, same way some single women will never fvck married men.

3 Likes

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
MyNation:

Almost everyone knows Nigerian men of this generation are becoming more fatherly, caring, less abusive etc than before. While the ladies are becoming not so motherly like their mothers.

Where are they? and single mom has double in the past few years in the whole of West Africa, Nigeria in particular.

11 Likes

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lagosminded: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
bukatyne:

What does the bolded mean?

Why should a lady want to suffer like your mother?

What makes you think a mother wants her daughter to suffer what she did? undecided
Why not read and understand comments in context? Does it make sense for me to say women should suffer and in the next sentence say “women are not blameless tho”

Let me make it clearer to you, modern women are increasingly initiating divorces because they don’t want to suffer like their mothers. Also as it becomes less of a taboo to be a divorcee more will have the courage to seek one. Women are not blameless though, (in why marriages fall apart) they have perfected the art of getting the ring (pretending while dating and marrying people they’re not compatible with to be called “Mrs”)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2019
lagosminded:

Why not read and understand comments in context? Does it make sense for me to say women should suffer and in the next sentence say “women are not blameless tho”

Let me make it clearer to you, modern women are increasingly initiating divorces because they don’t want to suffer like their mothers. Also as it becomes less of a taboo to be a divorcee more will have the courage to seek one. Women are not blameless though, (in why marriages fall apart) they have perfected the art of getting the ring (pretending while dating and marrying people they’re not compatible with to be called “Mrs”)
and men have not?

3 Likes

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lagosminded: 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2019
lavylilly:
and men have not?
From the start of the relationship, men will tell you they’re looking for a wife material - which mostly means - good cook, manage a home, peaceful home take care of kids etc. Nigerian men don’t pretend this is what they want. Nigerian girls play this role well while dating and reverse when they get married.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
lagosminded:

From the start of the relationship, men will tell you they’re looking for a wife material - which mostly means - good cook, manage a home, peaceful home take care of kids etc. Nigerian men don’t pretend this is what they want. Nigerian girls play this role well while dating and reverse when they get married.
Say most not all
Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by bukatyne(f): 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Why do u ladies worry so much about what people say about you especially guys... people u don’t even know, people that don’t know u most of the time..the funniest part is your fellow women folk even say more horrible shiit..

Few men say they don’t like a divorcee or say some nasty shitt...u cry river.
some men say they don’t want non-virgins you start screaming discrimination, a man has some nasty opinion about ladies with cascade of abortion history, you start screaming double standards...at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to his or her preference and opinion about you..weda good or nasty...I feel the duty is on you not to let it bug you instead of crying and clamoring that they should not talk or they can’t have their nasty personal opinion...
You women always approach life like u want some automatic support and validation from the world..sooner or later, u’ll start tagging it as hate....
The fact is u can never have total control over how people see u, we all have different mentality and process things differently, some people are damaged and hurt psychologically, experiences have damaged their views about the world....no matter how good and perfect ur life may seem, married, great husband, have a house and car... someone will still have something nasty and horrible to say about you let alone when u are divorced, a prostitutee, barren, or worst, u have a sex tape online sucking sperrm from a d!c..

The world is naturally mean, it’s not a man thing....Develop a thick skin, enjoy ur life with the decisions you took and the consequences that follow....at the end of the day...the world owes you nothing..

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lagosminded: 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
lavylilly:
Say most not all
True.

1 Like

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2019
lavylilly:
From your comment it obvious you are very immature.
Nonsense!!!

6 Likes

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by bukatyne(f): 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
lavylilly:
I have been reading with so much disdain, the recent tantrums thrown on divorced ladies on this platform recently. I may not have followed every comment and reply, but majority I read from guy seems to shame the ladies. This is very wrong.

There is nothing dehumanizing or stigmatizing about a divorced lady coming out to say she was divorced. There is nothing glorifying managing an unmanageable husband or wife in a matrimonial home. I have rarely read people shame a divorced man, or are their stigma different?

The truth is simple, its better to live alive or stay and die, and its very very simple, simpler than staying.

As a legal practitioner, I have had the opportunity to handle/witness several divorce cases, and I'm sure to say its better to leave alive.

65% of divorce cases in Nigerian courts today are instituted by ladies who couldn't tolerate a toxic marriage any longer. This simply means, there is something certainly wrong with men of today, or both.

Men have become more randy, intolerant and abusive than before.

Let's watch how we shame somebody, especially in a situation we haven't been involved in before.

Remember the goal is to be alive and happy, married or single.

Thanks, and have a lovely week.

Ma'am, you are a lawyer so you should understand that you CANNOT legislate people's choices, thoughts and feelings.

If I feel that a divorced man is damaged goods to me, whose business is that? I can only ensure that I do not deprive him of his rights in line with the constitution. I have the freedom of association and I can decide a divorced man is not it.

Ditto single woman, married man, married woman, housewife, househusband, only child, working wife, Igbo man, Hausa woman, Yoruba child etc.

People will always shame others not like them, better than them, worse than them, or even like them sef. Peeps who know what they want out of life would focus on their path and shut out distractions and naysayers.

Like I always say, every woman has the responsibility to choose the man that works best for her.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by IyaTola: 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2019
I am not one of the divorced women who will NEVER explain jack to anyone.
I am divorced. Full stop.

I’ve noticed how some people here thing every divorced woman owe them an explanation on why she got divorced.
Plus those who always assume that the man divorced the woman.
Those who like to gloat about how her “bad character” made him divorce her.
Pfft!

It’s not our fault that we are happily divorced and still hot even after having kids

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by emmaodet: 11:43am On Nov 27, 2019
LadySarah:
The 'now ' mothers can do something.
We train the girl child to behave lyk a girl while the male behaves as he wishes.

At the end,the properly raised girl falls into the hands of the badly behaved boy.

Have a neighbour who beats her 2 yrs plus daughter at the slightest provocation.She says''She is a girl,i have to correct her now.''but to touch the boy .Never.

I feel like knocking sense into her sometimes...

Which girls were trained to behave like girls? And boys behave badly?
Is it not the so called properly trained women we see today cheating ridiculously? Sucking dìcks, smoking shishas, clubbing and drinking heavily? Having sexx orgies? 2somes, 3somes etc runs girls/aristoes/slay mamas who are just looking for the slightest excuse to expose there bodies?
So much for really training a girl child, So much.

Martinez39
Pansophist
Franchasng
Ubunja

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by emmaodet: 11:58am On Nov 27, 2019
lagosminded:

What still bothers me and i don't understand is that if they say a woman is not ready to suffer with her hubby in marriage, pls tell me is there anything special she will do to be financially buoyant even when divorced? I doubt it.
I see many of them on street, still the same struggling everyday.
If you doubt me observe widows, divorces, single mothers etc and compare there before and after marriage life if there is any tangible or glaring improvements in there finance, I doubt it.
Maybe 1 in 20 sha

Martinez39
Pansophist
Franchasng
Ubunja

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
bukatyne:

Ma'am, you are a lawyer so you should understand that you CANNOT legislate people's choices, thoughts and feelings.

If I feel that a divorced man is damaged goods to me, whose business is that? I can only ensure that I do not deprive him of his rights in line with the constitution. I have the freedom of association and I can decide a divorced man is not it.

Ditto single woman, married man, married woman, housewife, househusband, only child, working wife, Igbo man, Hausa woman, Yoruba child etc.

People will always shame others not like them, better than them, worse than them, or even like them sef. Peeps who know what they want out of life would focus on their path and shut out distractions and naysayers.

Like I always say, every woman has the responsibility to choose the man that works best for her.

No Ma'am.
Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
angry
Fyi0:

Nonsense!!!
Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by pansophist(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
lavylilly:

As a legal practitioner, I have had the opportunity to handle/witness several divorce cases, and I'm sure to say its better to leave alive.

65% of divorce cases in Nigerian courts today are instituted by ladies who couldn't tolerate a toxic marriage any longer. This simply means, there is something certainly wrong with men of today, or both.
As usual, men by default, are monster who are terrorizing women's live, while women are some innocent, incapable of crime creatures that sinless, sugar and spice undecided

Why not mention the reason of the 65% divorce? Dont worry I'll tell you, it's mostly because of money. Money is the major reason for divorce. When the man couldn't earn more or loose his financial foothold, instead of support him, he is divorced. And you still turn around and blame men and called them toxic.

What has happened to introspection? From my experience, it is hard for women to look in the mirror and tell themselves the truth, you need lie than woman-up and admit fault.

Also, policing thoughts never works. Grow up and learn to shrug aggression off. People will always be mean. I constantly receive yabbings here on nairaland by some idiots but you wont see me creating a thread complain about women being toxic. I just shrug it off, as their opinion and impression doesn't reflects me whatsoever.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by emmaodet: 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
pansophist:

As usual, men by default, are monster who are terrorizing women's live, while women are some innocent, incapable of crime creatures that sinless, sugar and spice undecided

Why not mention the reason of the 65% divorce? Dont worry I'll tell you, it's mostly because of money. Money is the major reason for divorce. When the man couldn't earn more or loose his financial foothold, instead of support him, he is divorced. And you still turn around and blame men and called them toxic.

What has happened to introspection? From my experience, it is hard for women to look in the mirror and tell themselves the truth, you need lie than woman-up and admit fault.

Also, policing thoughts never works. Grow up and learn to shrug aggression off. People will always be mean. I constantly receive yabbings here on nairaland by some idiots but you wont see me creating a thread complain about women being toxic. I just shrug it off, as their opinion and impression doesn't reflects me whatsoever.
Oohhhhhhh Mr Panso, i always like your comments

8 Likes

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2019
pansophist:

Oh please, it not only money sweetie
Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 10:47am On Nov 29, 2019
y
MyNation:

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by MichaelBukamzy(m): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
But men are being broke shamed everytime and you hardly see a thread on that.nobody owes you an explanation on what they see you as. Live your lives and stop seeking validation from men.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 8:52am On Nov 30, 2019
MyNation:

How many deadbeat fathers are around you or how many children are fatherless ( father love )even when you know their Fathers are alive.

When most people think fathers are not doing their work is because of social media, internet and mostly irresponsible ladies around
Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by Ishilove: 9:45am On Nov 30, 2019
Romanoff:
We place a high premium on Marriage and shame a woman from 30-40yrs for not being married. This is leading to men getting away with randy, abusive and intolerant behaviour because las las, them go marry any woman wey them want and women will manage them like that just so they won't face the stigmatization of being unmarried.

The ones going through abuse in their marriage can't leave cause of the stigma attached to divorcees.

We need to change our mentality.
QED

4 Likes

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by 4tunebest(f): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Why do u ladies worry so much about what people say about you especially guys... people u don’t even know, people that don’t know u most of the time..the funniest part is your fellow women folk even say more horrible shiit..

some men say they don’t want non-virgins you start screaming discrimination, a man has some nasty opinion about ladies with cascade of abortion history, you start screaming double standards...at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to his or her preference and opinion about you..weda good or nasty...I feel the duty is on you not to let it bug you instead of crying and clamoring that they should not talk or they can’t have their nasty personal opinion...
You women always approach life like u want some automatic support and validation from the world..sooner or later, u’ll start tagging it as hate....
The fact is u can never have total control over how people see u, we all have different mentality and process things differently, some people are damaged and hurt psychologically, experiences have damaged their views about the world....no matter how good and perfect ur life may seem, married, great husband, have a house and car... someone will still have something nasty and horrible to say about you let alone when u are divorced, a prostitutee, barren, or worst, u have a sex tape online sucking sperrm from a d!c..

The world is naturally mean, it’s not a man thing....Develop a thick skin, enjoy ur life with the decisions you took and the consequences that follow....at the end of the day...the world owes you nothing..

1 Like

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
And the gender war continues...

3 Likes

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by Lonelypacifist6: 1:18am On Dec 01, 2019
Engaging with women in things like this is a waste of time, their aggressive nature won't allow them to heed advice and they've perfected the role of victim playing.

17 Likes

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by lavylilly: 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Engaging with women in things like this is a waste of time, their aggressive nature won't allow them to heed advice and they've perfected the role of victim playing.
angry
Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
1StopRudeness:

I really really like this post
cool

1 Like

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
Izzyovercomer:

God bless you so much for maintaining your integrity and not having affairs with a married woman. If I open up on my own can of worms, this thread will focus on me. Women are terrible these days!

Just women? Just the women? It is just the women who are terrible these days? Okay, we have identified the problem and stated it. Solution- let’s kill all these terrible women asap
angry

5 Likes

Re: Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
Plead:
And the gender war continues...

And as usual, driven by hypocrisy
Many people would not want to be the type of partner they want for their relatives and loved ones
Personally I would love a man to provide for me like silly, but for my brothers I would want their partners to be helpers, sharers, bringers to the table
sad
Gender wars are silly to me
I don’t do it at all, I just live life, my own way. If I am in any union where I feel trapped or dehumanised? I bounce, no stories.
(Well I may be slightly too wild and free? Who knows? I might be lying my head off, so that what now? Who knows?)

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

He Said He Doesn't Feel That Connection Between Us / It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.