Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,338 members, 7,853,511 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:03 PM

How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View (34513 Views)

Ritual Killers Behead 76-year-old Man In Oyo, Sell Human Parts For N4000 / Kidnapped Man Rejected By Ritual Killers Because Of Scar On His Head. Photo / Commercial Sex Workers: How We Protect Ourselves Against Ritual Killers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Restroom: 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
kellidoo:
If you enter a bus and it is filled with ladies only.....please kindly be vigilante.....no matter how nice they made seem to be.......vice versa(all men).
My friend was kidnapped in Benin when he entered a bus that has only female passengers(beautiful ones for that matter). He was already toasting one,when the other one beside him pointed a gun at him....the next things na inside bush for kogi state him see him self....someone going to ring road(in Benin city) found himself in a thick forest in kogi......
From what he said, other victims where kidnapped too. some from clubs....(no be every gurl you see for club be ashawo(some a ritualist and kidnappers...

Thanks for sharing this info
Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Restroom: 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
When boarding public transport...sometimes front seat and seating near the door is a good way to avoid vehicular kidnappers......kidnappers always like to occupy these positions to prevent escape by passengers .....
At night I always check the faces of the passengers and their seating arrangement before I enter public transport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by rexfada(m): 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
When plying the shagamu-Benin expressway, never stop for some unscrupulous elements that point at your tyres, their plan is to either rob you, damage you vehicle in the guise of fixing it, or kidnap you whenever you stop to check what they are pointing at. Even some of the police and the security personnel on that road are one of them, they work together.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by trilacos: 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
May God save us,provide for us too.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Yewandequeen(f): 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
akinjojo1234:

So sorry to hear about your ordeal. Glad to see you have passed through the psychological turmoil
Thanks wink
Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Yewandequeen(f): 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kushgang:

Ehya sorry about that... That was a bad experience for you
very bad but thank God I survived.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Skepticus: 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
GermanMelania:
This is exactly why the hate speech/social media ban bill will pass. You post idiotic things with bo evidence or research. This is fear mongering. You are not helping.

Ogun a pa iya eeeee!

Foolish animal!!

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Restroom: 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2019
trilacos:
Rich people dont experience this,only poor people do.

You might think so

Ritual kidnapping is done for the rich and those who want to be rich
So it does not affect them directly because they are the predators

For that reason, ransom kidnappers kidnap them for a share of their wealth

So in a way, we are all affected

Whether by ransom kidnapping or ritual kidnapping

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by ikemesit4477: 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
I have learnt a lot! Thank you all for your contributions, what a wicked world!

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Skepticus: 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
trilacos:
May God save us,provide for us too.

Look, dude.

I know you modified your comments but I'll still educate your ignorance.

In Nigeria, the typical hotspots are low-income, suburban areas of big cities. However, your affluent neighbourhoods aren't entirely "heavens". The propensity for violent and ritualistic crimes is still high here because there are also rich "hustlers"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Restroom: 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
If you receive a call, from a new boyfriend, let say your boyfriend, anytime of the day, asking you to come out of your compound to see him, please do not go alone, especially if you live in a gated community.

Tell your parents your friend to visit, and instead of going out to see him, invite him, in.
Some years ago, that was how a girl went missing from her premises when she went out to meet her caller ..she didn't tell anybody who called her and where she was going

The family just knew she received a call and went to meet her caller.....outside the house....never came back
Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Restroom: 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
Not all swimming pool in big men houses are ordinary o

Be warned....

Some of them are design to renew the evil wealth of the owners....so when you go inside to swim.....you may experience strange things that moment ....

Some go in and never come out again ........like one story goes,
Turns people who enter to rain of money

Happens in rich places lekki,ajah and purview etc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Restroom: 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
Visiting big men in their houses for assistance and help

Well....some girls do this a lot.....that was how a student ended up dead after visiting an alhaji in his house because he always gave her money

It is risky....because you can never tell the source of the money ....but you can guess it if he spends money anyhow

If he just goes into his room and comes out with bundles everytime

Then be extra careful

That money might be appearing mysteriously o

On the day the spirits asks for renewal sacrifice.....he would have you programmed for use as sacrifice

Therefore. If you are fond of going there for help, because you think he is nice, he wont think twice about inviting you over to collect money and gifts only to use you for rituals

Those who

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by mercy87(f): 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2019
NinaArsenal:
On the 2nd of this month I was kidnapped by armed Fulani herdsmen along Abuja kaduna express road at KM 20 close to NYSC Orientation camp kaduna state.
I spent 4 solid days with them with so much torture and molestation from those bastards. my people paid 500 thousand naira for my release, I am still recovering from the trauma and wounds I got due to the beating and long hours of trekking.
Kaduna Abuja road is a danger zone. and the government ain't doing anything about it.

Oh my God so sorry about the terrible ordeal. Thank God you came out of it Alive. I can't believe people are talking shit about this thread instead of learning and taking precaution.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yewandequeen:
She will get over it in matter of months.

When I was attacked by robbers and butchered with matche, I couldn't sleep or pass the incident place alone for a long while. The memory was always fresh. But now I only remember when I look at the cut on my body or someone around talks about robbers.

Wow...
"Butchered with machete?"
That sounds horrific...and extremely frightening.
How does one "get over it" though?
Prayer definitely works...but what practical steps can one take also?
You seem to be another blessed survivor...thank God for that.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by macho44(m): 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
Restroom:
Do not jog when everywhere is still dark early in the morning ..... to kidnap or murder you during such times is very easy
Wait till daylight appears, when you can see the next person
If you must jog, do it on a busy road, with human and vehicular traffic to avoid stories that touch

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by okoroemeka(m): 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kylexy21:
does cannibalism still exist in this modern age...... .
yes it is not only existing but evolving to modern cannibalism,the quest for easy quick wealth has turned the lfestyle of a generation upside down,I remember when we are small in the early 80,s my father use to drive the whole family around the town during weekends,the zoo, airport,beaches,but now I can't even think about driving my family aimlessly like that now, because of what is waiting for you on the road,police,SARS,bad roads,kidnappers, ritualists,serial killers,cultists,robbers,in a time and period when human parts and organs are been booked online and sold like keke parts it will take our whole wit's, awareness and luck to survive to old age in Nigeria now

3 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by GermanMelania: 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2019
Skepticus:

Ogun a pa iya eeeee!

Foolish animal!!

Why? You are proving my point.
Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by constancefriday(m): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
Carelessness, haste, crowd mentality and gullibility are the first few things that predispose you to become a victim of such horrible wolves in Sheep's clothing.
It's important to learn to be content with what you have. In victimology/victim science, a satisfied and careful person is hard to victimize, deceive, scam, harm etc
We live in a world full of dissatisfied and desperate people, no wonder such folks always have preys when they cast out their lures and traps.
Always be Prayerful, even careful persons can fall prey, safety is from God.
Ensure all basic security, safety and defensive measures are taken.
Lock all doors, keep your kids in sight.
If you're in a cab/keke/, bike, public transport/uber etc and the driver suddenly veers off to a totally strange direction (not even a familiar shortcut or deviation towards the ultimate destination) get out of that vehicle, run, call the authorities and inform the public.

4 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by pato1(m): 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
I really appreciate everyone who has taken time to share their experience and all the advise.
God bless you guys...
I pray that none of us will be a victim...
I pray that we all see 2020,2030,2040 and even 2050 Amen...

9 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Restroom: 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
pato1:
I really appreciate everyone who has taken time to share their experience and all the advise.
God bless you guys...
I pray that none of us will be a victim...
I pray that we all see 2020,2030,2040 and even 2050 Amen...

You are welcome bros

We got to keep praying for Jehovah's guidance

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by annayawchee: 9:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
2015.... I was coming back from the village and the bus dropped me at upper iweka, I came down and I was walking towards ochanja to get a bike that will take me home when a man tapped me and I turned, he said he bought goods from Cameroon and his contact gave him the address of a plaza around bridge head, as we were talking an elderly man joined the discussion and asked me what the man wanted and I told him... He was like we should help him, and I remembered that I had drugs to pick at ogba ogwu along bridge, so I agreed to follow them, the man started his bike and the man wanted me to sit at the middle and I objected, I finally sat behind him. As we got to premier brewery I pointed towards the plaza they were looking for and the man said no... That the plaza is at Asaba. I told the bike man to stop the bike and he was trying to convince me to follow them to Asaba... I told him I was going to shout or better still get us killed by making the bike fall inside gutter... He packed o and I jumped down and wave them bye bye, the man cursed me sha..... I learnt that day!! Never help an unknown person

5 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Restroom: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
annayawchee:
2015.... I was coming back from the village and the bus dropped me at upper iweka, I came down and I was walking towards ochanja to get a bike that will take me home when a man tapped me and I turned, he said he bought goods from Cameroon and his contact gave him the address of a plaza around bridge head, as we were talking an elderly man joined the discussion and asked me what the man wanted and I told him... He was like we should help him, and I remembered that I had drugs to pick at ogba ogwu along bridge, so I agreed to follow them, the man started his bike and the man wanted me to sit at the middle and I objected, I finally sat behind him. As we got to premier brewery I pointed towards the plaza they were looking for and the man said no... That the plaza is at Asaba. I told the bike man to stop the bike and he was trying to convince me to follow them to Asaba... I told him I was going to shout or better still get us killed by making the bike fall inside gutter... He packed o and I jumped down and wave them bye bye, the man cursed me sha..... I learnt that day!! Never help an unknown person
Many of them are bastards

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
going to a place for the first time don't forget to put your smart phones to good use always use google map to directed the driver once he divert from the intended direction don't hear any excuse of shortcuts the longer the road to your destination the longer you stay alive in one p piece

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Restroom: 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
Watch the kinds of friends you keep...many of them don't have qualms about selling their friends for as low as #50k.

Hence, stop following your friends everywhere they go
Scrutinise request to follow them anywhere carefully
Especially if they are persistent and disturbing....wanting to follow them by all mean
When ask them about the place...they may be vague
Why should I follow you, they may also be vague
What s special about my coming? He will beat round the bush etc

Your best friend
May be your worst enemy

He will just take you there, could be a club, bar,restaurant or hotel and leave you there, with an excuse that he is coming

Whereas he has collected money and left.

It happend and still happens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by MOVIC6: 11:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
UrVillagePpl:

Been a victim doesn't discharge or ignore the fact that proper awareness or creating an avenue for sharing once xperience would make potential victim more knowledgeable and have a smart perspective to maneuver such shenanigan..
U really don't have to throw shades to an informative post as this just because u once had a bitter xperience, but rather u should share urx so we could all learn and be smarter next time...

Meanwhile, too much prayer without proper application of wisdom will end up in futility...
Wisdom is profitable to man/to direct

prayer gives wisdom not the other way round, nothing said here can make any difference, pray and be smart enough..

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Amadaz(m): 12:14am On Nov 27, 2019
Blueelf:

My statement was an attempt to douse tension by lightening the mood but you obviously will insult. Its in your DNA. Continue
there's nothing like trying to douce tension. You sounded all like an accomplice. It's important people know the situation on ground cos is a life or death situation in Nigeria now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by Blueelf: 12:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Amadaz:
there's nothing like trying to douce tension. You sounded all like an accomplice. It's important people know the situation on ground cos is a life or death situation in Nigeria now.

You're obviously stressed bro. or a nutcase

Goodbye
Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 4:35am On Nov 27, 2019
Restroom:

My former landlord, entered one chance around ikorodu way back in 2000/2001.....when they eventually located him, it was inside thick forest, dead and decaying with his eyes gorged out. Fellow passengers were slaughtered too and their clothes strewn round the forest.

Those roads, na just God dey protect person thers
bro are u Serious??
Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 4:40am On Nov 27, 2019
MOVIC6:
what a stupid post this, are you trying to know people's strategy to avoid them so that they will device another, mod please take down
ritualist spotted.
your evil plans has been exposed?

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 4:41am On Nov 27, 2019
Blueelf:
You guys should just tell us to stay in our houses then

It is God that protects. Being overly wary doesn't help anyone
oga but it will likely reduce the chances
Re: How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 4:44am On Nov 27, 2019
cashu41:
Please don't travel along lagos-ibadan expressway at night. I was in a bus coming from ibadan around 12:am and suspected fulani robbers attacked us. This happened along sagamu-kara axis of the busy road. They took advantage of the traffic. Their accents and stature made me know they are fulanis.
complete it na!
so what later happened?
they collected your valuables and did they kidnap anyone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbo Traders, Yoruba Youths Clash In Akure / Man Arrested For Using Monkeys, Snakes For Robbery / Man Beheads VIO For Seizing His Cell Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.