Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric (30271 Views)

MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) / Were You Compensated By MTN For Slow Data Speed? / 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Tchange1(m): 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
MTN and scamming
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by saajus: 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
You will need a 5g capable phone like Lgv50, Samsung Galaxy S10. Apple has not made any 5g capable phone. I think they want the technology to fully settle down.
FemolasticA:
Please am not understanding something, now will we be buying a new phone with 5G network? or we will only upgrade our sim? because even the 4G network never balance
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by damose12(m): 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kudos mtn. Nigeria leads and others follow
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by saajus: 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
My Brother, 4g can easily handle all those little things. Ordinary 4g (LTE) can reach 300Mbps, 4g Adv can reach a max of 1Gbps. 5g purpose is not Facebooking, YouTubing, and likes. The major advantage is the latency, so it will almost be real-time. This will aid the autonomous cars, remote surgical operations, etc. You know there is always a delay in communication/data streaming/TV but not very noticeable. That's why if you call a live TV show, they will ask you to turn off your TV volume and listen directly to your phone cos the delay on ur phone RF is different from TV transmission. Do you know your friend in England watching Chelsea game has celebrated a goal like 10/20 seconds earlier before you in Naija did? So, the word "live", 5g is redefining it.
Speed is part of it too cos I think 5g can reach 18Gbps.

Coldie:
For your own good if u use the 5g don't open Facebook or Instagram or YouTube. Just a click and d whole video would downloadin seconds.

If u open IG once u open a page d whole profile would download.

Data would be so expensive

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by webngnews: 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
ohh
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Topmaike007(m): 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
PaulSimon2020:
Huawei, is a Chinese government controlled Telecom company and you think everything is right with them? Anyways, what does China stand to gain spying on Nigerians? Absolutely nothing, so it's fine grin grin
lolz
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Topmaike007(m): 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
AlphaStyles:
recently Germany too is having second thoughts at Huawei
lolz
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by JJOF(m): 6:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
Zooposki:
This MTN wants to irradiate us, but we have melanin, unlike the whites. We shall overcome. Stop bleaching, if not this 5G will kill you without the melanin protection. Las las, na so all fair skinned people will just kpeme like that. RIP.
What sort of fallacious deduction is this?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by xcelentattitude(m): 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
But 5G is not new na undecided

Village people have been using it tey tey angry
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by xcelentattitude(m): 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kukuma kill us na shocked

When some people are still saving money to buy 4G enabled device and #100 Airtel 4G sim.

Abeg make dem just carry their wahala and go!

Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Shezkid01(m): 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
vincentjk:
Just last month 4g was installed almost everywhere in my town and I'm really enjoying my 2gb for N500.

Mtn remains the best of all time

Hello brother
Please can you tell me the code for that data of 2gb for #500
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by edoairways: 7:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
saajus:
My Brother, 4g can easily handle all those little things. Ordinary 4g (LTE) can reach 300Mbps, 4g Adv can reach a max of 1Gbps. 5g purpose is not Facebooking, YouTubing, and likes. The major advantage is the latency, so it will almost be real-time. This will aid the autonomous cars, remote surgical operations, etc. You know there is always a delay in communication/data streaming/TV but not very noticeable. That's why if you call a live TV show, they will ask you to turn off your TV volume and listen directly to your phone cos the delay on ur phone RF is different from TV transmission. Do you know your friend in England watching Chelsea game has celebrated a goal like 10/20 seconds earlier before you in Naija did? So, the word "live", 5g is redefining it.

Hmmm! Nice observation
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2019
Nonsense and jokes!!
What is the 3g coverage of MTN not to talk of 4g?
Or is next gen tech only for urban areas.
In an era where we're talking about electoral amendments to implement e-voting, the minister should be better concerned about broadband technology penetration than a phantom demo that leads to nowhere but photo-ops and media visibility
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Coldie(m): 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
saajus:

But the ncc isn't providing those for that reason, Nigeria does not yet have access to those tech.

People who have are in the minority not enough to be profitable.
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by cnonyechi(f): 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
paradigmshift:

na u n ur fone no get 4g...
You think say na 4g you get abi? Ok pls come to trade fair badagary express way Lagos and see how far your 4g will work. If you no get 2g java phone na Oyo be ur name oo
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by dustmalik: 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
PaulSimon2020:
Why are these folks lying unnecessarily? They are probably testing 4G LTE under the guise for 5G. Where are the infrastructures to test 5G in Nigeria? 5G network needs different set of mast and mobile phones to function properly because of its high capacity bandwidth. Fools everywhere in Nigeria! cool cool
Stop posting ignorantly. NCC granted MTN 5G spectrum to run trials. If you go to the head office of MTN in Abuja, you will see a couple of 5G antennas on the roof top. There were there up on till yesterday, unless they have been taking down after the successful 5G demo yesterday.
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by paradigmshift(m): 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2019
cnonyechi:

You think say na 4g you get abi? Ok pls come to trade fair badagary express way Lagos and see how far your 4g will work. If you no get 2g java phone na Oyo be ur name oo

that is your location o
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
dustmalik:

Stop posting ignorantly. NCC granted MTN 5G spectrum to run trials. If you go to the head office of MTN in Abuja, you will see a couple of 5G antennas on the roof top. There were there up on till yesterday, unless they have been taking down after the successful 5G demo yesterday.
And that's where they will beam 5G network? From the few antennas on their office roof top? Do you have an inclination how expensive it is to run 5G network? Nigeria is not ripe for that, they should focus on expanding 4G network instead.
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Rick9(m): 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
5G wey many countries don dey abandon
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by cnonyechi(f): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
paradigmshift:

that is your location o

Festac is my location no good network. Forget this matter Nigeria don turn scam ground
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by shitshappen(m): 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
chewwie:

Conspiracy theory, fake news

I wish
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Myketuale(m): 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
vincentjk:
Just last month 4g was installed almost everywhere in my town and I'm really enjoying my 2gb for N500.

Mtn remains the best of all time

what's the code for the 2gb?
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by paradigmshift(m): 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
cnonyechi:

Festac is my location no good network. Forget this matter Nigeria don turn scam ground

naija na scam normally ...
i live in edo n my 4g is good.
glo, airtel n mtn they work wella.
you can get yourself a universal mifi n enjoy
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by saajus: 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
So, we don't really need 5g now. We are far behind the western world. If ordinary Lagos to Ibadan expressway is taking 20yrs to repair, It will take another 50yrs for autonomous cars to work in Nigeria. Which hospital has the equipment to do remote surgical operations? Se people wey never chop will remember playing games online with friends in other parts of the world, cos 5g will improve gaming so much. It's a misplaced priority. Instead of wasting money on 5g, NCC should force our operators to improve the quality of their service; 4g LTE should cover everywhere and customers should be able to experience at least 10Mbps everywhere. 10Mbps will perfectly handle basic surfing. GSM/CDMA (voice) should cover everywhere. Nigeria is small in landmass.

Coldie:

But the ncc isn't providing those for that reason, Nigeria does not yet have access to those tech.

People who have are in the minority not enough to be profitable.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by saajus: 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
My brother, this 5g research is still controversial but many scientists said we are safe. You know we have Ionizing and Non-Ionizing radiation. Radio Frequency is under non-ionizing which means it won't be that harmful. The same class that microwave is. Some people also say microwave cause cancer but it is controversial too. Let's wait and see as more researches unfold.

Lilimax:
They should try this 5G in South Africa first since MTN is championing it. shocked
If everything is ok, they can come to Nigeria shocked
They should not come and kill us with harmful RADIATION lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by grandstar(m): 1:38am On Nov 27, 2019
MTN that Buhari wants to finish. The man is their worst nightmare come to life grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Monday9900: 6:57am On Nov 27, 2019
see below
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Kolanist(m): 7:57am On Nov 27, 2019
is this the solution to Nigeria's problem? Has mtn bribed our minister.it is waste of data and money. They will charge hell because the 5g masts have to be within 3minutes walk from each other to work efficiently ,how many masts would that be. we truly have many ignorant leaders in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by cnonyechi(f): 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
paradigmshift:

naija na scam normally ...
i live in edo n my 4g is good.
glo, airtel n mtn they work wella.
you can get yourself a universal mifi n enjoy

You are enjoying it cos probably the base stations for those networks are close to you. I have a universal modem I have spectranet and smile but ol boy forget the matter
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by paradigmshift(m): 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
cnonyechi:

You are enjoying it cos probably the base stations for those networks are close to you. I have a universal modem I have spectranet and smile but ol boy forget the matter

u too like complain. who still uses a modem ?
i don't live close to any station.
get a universal mifi that support glo, mtn n airtel 4g, then enjoy it....
if your area is not having 4g, then move out, simple.
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by Sanialee: 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
Move forward pantami
Re: Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric by 9jaRealist: 3:18am On Nov 28, 2019
ojun50:
And how will dis help the people from the village

Tele-medicine, tele-education, etc....
If your govt was competent, this helps "village people" overcome poor infrastructure.
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Finally, BBM 8.0.0.94 Is Here!!! / The Infinix Hot S And The Tecno Camon C9 Go Head 2 Head / Mtn Backup! Is It By Force!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.