Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? (27575 Views)

Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / Why Do Doctors Start Federal Job On Level 12? / Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by sakabien: 8:20am On Nov 27, 2019
Is better to work with federal govt than to be a slave

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 27, 2019
Topsydo:
Good morning all, please I need your advice on this, I am a recent graduate of polytechnic and I have complete my Nysc and currently I have been offered a job as a contract staff of access bank with 85k per month and now I have been shortlisted for an interview in a federal university for d post of technologist at the ICT centre of d sch, now I am confused on what to do maybe to attend the interview and drop the banking job I just got not up to a month. As a HND holder how much will I be paid and I was told I won't be able to go further until I spent a certain years.
Please I need Ur advice

PLS my bro take the federal job

contract staff is noting to write home about because u will be used and noting to show for it.....
i work der so i know how it goes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by ojuolu(m): 8:20am On Nov 27, 2019
osato45:

Attend the interview for the post of a technologist, if you eventually get the job, take it and put in your resignation letter with access bank. I Know technologist II earns up to 100k which in the long run is way better than your contract job at access
I share your opinion. I believe OP has more opportunities for growth in the Fed University job. Attend the interview first, get the job and leave banking especially since it is a contract job.
I wish OP success with the interview.

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by kurlz(f): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2019
A bank that can wake up one day and lay you off?

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2019
Nothing better than federal job

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Twoclans(f): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2019
Like seriously did you just ask that question ?Except you are the MD of the bank then keep your bank job.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by saydfact(m): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2019
Topsydo:
Good morning all, please I need your advice on this, I am a recent graduate of polytechnic and I have complete my Nysc and currently I have been offered a job as a contract staff of access bank with 85k per month and now I have been shortlisted for an interview in a federal university for d post of technologist at the ICT centre of d sch, now I am confused on what to do maybe to attend the interview and drop the banking job I just got not up to a month. As a HND holder how much will I be paid and I was told I won't be able to go further until I spent a certain years.
Please I need Ur advice

Money should never be the reason why... On the long run, the federal job pays more anyway.

My advice... Attend your interview, and don't resign from the bank until you get your employment letter and or 1st salary from the federal job.... Be guided.

Don't waste this opportunity of a lifetime.

Contract staffs in bank is a time bomb �

4 Likes

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Guzel: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2019
Take up the fed tech job. A technologist earns well in federal universities plus extra 30k hazard allowance. Working in the ICT gives room for some extra job with extra Pay except the limitation of HND holders. Get extra qualifications and break that barrier.
Welcome to the ASUU fight and join the IPPIS battle

2 Likes

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Imstrong2(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2019
Bank does not have job security
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by ekwerendi(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2019
Topsydo:
Please I need Ur advice

Technologist Job is better.....
Atleast there will be Job security..
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by EngrVin: 8:23am On Nov 27, 2019
Are you for real? You need an advice for this You want to ignore a Federal job for a banking contract job? Even if it's a permanent appointment with the bank. Is there job security with the bank? Tell your village people to run away mbok

Topsydo:
Please I need Ur advice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 27, 2019
access bank of it shall not be well with them fame
My understanding is that the place is a pressure cooker.

No problem if you are a high flier, but as contract staff, you will die in that role if you don't get a degree. Even if you get a degree, imho, you will need a serious mentor / boss to push for your conversion to full staff.you may not have free time for your self development. Fg job, you will have enough time to develop your self and gather paper.they love paper in federal govt.

For a contract staff, it's a no brainer

3 Likes

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by babsdeebabs(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2019
You better do!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by yahoosurepass(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2019
DaddyMorenike:
Please, drop both.

bad belle
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Elitedezigns: 8:24am On Nov 27, 2019
Follow your heart, the truth is that you know where to go but you are afraid of taking the step.

But be courageous take the step.

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by aorseer: 8:24am On Nov 27, 2019
NLC are trying to stop first bank from retrenching about 1000 of its staff that I guess are permanent employees and you are contemplating holding on to a contract position? Please go for the university job if you pass the interview
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by jojolegal: 8:24am On Nov 27, 2019
i don't think you are serious with this your question. if you like drop the two.
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Kenturkey048(m): 8:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Topsydo:
Good morning all, please I need your advice on this, I am a recent graduate of polytechnic and I have complete my Nysc and currently I have been offered a job as a contract staff of access bank with 85k per month and now I have been shortlisted for an interview in a federal university for d post of technologist at the ICT centre of d sch, now I am confused on what to do maybe to attend the interview and drop the banking job I just got not up to a month.

As a HND holder how much will I be paid and I was told I won't be able to go further until I spent a certain years.

Please I need Ur advice
chairman go interview first make them pick you...them never pick you ,,you don dey think of dropping one for one.

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by koffsman(m): 8:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Attend the interview and make findings about the salary and number of years it will take to step ahead then decide no rush and make sure not to tell any bad belle
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by sleekpro(m): 8:26am On Nov 27, 2019
Go for what makes you happy!!

It's all about how you want to leave your life.!!!

We all have different things that we want in life individually !!!!

What suits me might not suite you!!!

For me, f×ck #bankjob.

#useyourhead.

What a stupid question from someone who went to school to read IT, you now want to go and count money in the bank.

Misplaced purity
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by DexterousOne(m): 8:26am On Nov 27, 2019
obicentlis:
No growth in the Banking sector again. Na contract job without hope of conversion. Go with the Federal government job. Peace of mind sure. You can have side hustle too with ease.

Those at the top have bastardised the system

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Which useless Bank job ? Go for the federal job asap ! Wishing you success in your interview..
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Samoranoe(m): 8:27am On Nov 27, 2019
If I be u I go drop both work and goan learn barber
I don't like what I hate

2 Likes

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Plumville: 8:29am On Nov 27, 2019
Go to the interview once you are successful and have an offer drop the contact job at the bank. You will never regret it.
Topsydo:
Good morning all, please I need your advice on this, I am a recent graduate of polytechnic and I have complete my Nysc and currently I have been offered a job as a contract staff of access bank with 85k per month and now I have been shortlisted for an interview in a federal university for d post of technologist at the ICT centre of d sch, now I am confused on what to do maybe to attend the interview and drop the banking job I just got not up to a month.

As a HND holder how much will I be paid and I was told I won't be able to go further until I spent a certain years.

Please I need Ur advice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by mum4dgirls: 8:29am On Nov 27, 2019
aorseer:
NLC are trying to stop first bank from retrenching about 1000 of its staff that I guess are permanent employees and you are contemplating holding on to a contract position? Please go for the university job if you pass the interview
some staff were laid off here in oyo town, I think it's everywhere, that was last week Tuesday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by nairaland0753: 8:30am On Nov 27, 2019
osato45:

Attend the interview for the post of a technologist, if you eventually get the job, take it and put in your resignation letter with access bank. I Know technologist II earns up to 100k which in the long run is way better than your contract job at access

You have spoken well..
This happened to me. In nigeria, fed govt job is more secured. I left a big private firm for a fed govt. job. I am grateful to God that i took the best decision ever. On the other hand, some private organisations could also be a dream come through.

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by nairaland0753: 8:31am On Nov 27, 2019
osato45:

You have spoken well..
This happened to me. In nigeria, fed govt job is more secured. I left a big private firm for a fed govt. job. I am grateful to God that i took the best decision ever. On the other hand, some private organisations could also be a dream come through. Just put effort in whatever u have at hand and have passion for it

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by Femich18(m): 8:31am On Nov 27, 2019
aorseer:

The thing weak me. Comparing Contract Job to Fed Govt Job. Humans are funny
Re: Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? by osiscolion(m): 8:34am On Nov 27, 2019
My Dear,

please and please, contract jobs are not good jobs, they are jobs worth doing because there are no jobs in the country, i have been there, and i will tell you that there is no light at the end of that tunnel except my the special grace of God.

please go for you federal job interview, pass your interview and resign on the contract Job.

You are such a lucky chap, for having such opportunities at your disposal.

Good luck on your Federal Job interview.

like i say, contract job is no job.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 / Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? / Is It Possible To Get My Money Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.