Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate (10623 Views)

House Leadership: Tension As Northern, S’east Reps Protest Exclusion / Drama As Northern Group Seeks ICC Prosecution Of Buhari / Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Boboribo: 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2010
So now that IBB has lost out are his sins blotted out because in typical Nigerian fashion those who shouted the most will just conveniently forget the alleged atrocities until he resurfaces maybe in 4 years time and the blame game will continue.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Edywalex: 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2010
Bullshit and waist of time.D only problem these people have is dat they never produce out beter candidate to come out to face Gej.Imagine Atiku after 8yrs as vice president still coming out to b voted as president aspirant?total nonsence.He shall fall completely.my only advice 4rm me to him is for him to go home and face is private business and take care of his family.We do not need him because he cant change this NATION AT ALL, GEJ CARRY GOOOOOOOO[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by ahidjo: 10:34pm On Nov 22, 2010
Neither Atiku Abubakar nor Goodluck Jonathan is fit to rule Nigeria. It is a case of Corruption and Incompentence. People should also stop deceiving themselves that Goodluck Jonathan will have it easy against Atiku. You guys should continue to underrate Atiku at your own peril. We must continue looking beyond the duo for our salvation
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by ahidjo: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2010
It's sentiments and emotions all the way. I am still waiting to see Jonathan's achievement since his days as deputy Governor, Governor, Vice president, acting president and president. All I know is that he was a deputy to the maximally corrupt Alams ,
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by MaiSuya(m): 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2010
superboi:

YOUNGMONIE SHARAPP DEI in the north (if you have been there) the name of Atiku and IBB both bring laughs. IBB is only powerful in the newspapers and in the southern mind. I remeber the when i was in zaria pre 2007 election and IBB came to town, he was stoned; if IBB should run he would only be sure of Niger state and maybe Kwara because of Saraki, he would lose kastina, zamfara, kano,jigawa,bauchi,gombe,borno,yobe to Buhari; he would lose Kaduna,plateau,benue to Goodluck; he would lose abuja,adamawa,taraba to Atiku. IBB is an old fool, he should have kept quiet  and continue to appear like a political Godfather; something like what ciroma is doing now. OLDFOOL

This to a large extent is true, though I would add that the stone throwing incident was actually orchestrated by Sambo's men. IBB is certainly not a popular candidate in the North
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2010
What is even more poignant in this ''selection'' is the betrayal of the northern masses, by the presentation of such a compromised individual as their main regional candidate for the presidency.

It really is a slap in the face of the long-suffering al-majiris and the rest of the northern masses.

Surely they deserve a candidate from their ranks who even makes a pretence to caring for their needs?
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by superboi(m): 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2010
I think the greed of the past eleven years have finally turned to hurt these northern leaders/elders. If people like IBB were not greedy they could have groomed someone like Marwa to ascend to the post of president. He would have protected their intrest and he would have been acceptable to majority of Nigeria, but because they are all greedy and afraid of young men with their own mind, they pushed him aside after 2003. Well I guess it their loss. undecided
Mai suya the stone throwing was a 2006 event, please note.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2010
Gold-mind:

This shows that the north is barren of credible leaders.

Are you insinuating that southerners, GEJ to be precise is credible as a leader?

Look, Atiku was not elected by the north but selected by a committee of greedy, self serving northern PDP bastards.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2010
Atiku's nomination

"A Hail Mary Pass"
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by olaade2: 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2010
Good news for Goodluck Jonathan,hardworking somebody is what we need now,it is not about region,north or south, it is about commitment which l belief Jonathan is far better than Atiku,jonathan carry go,BUKOLA SARAKI STOP PRETENDING ,you are my brother (YORUBA) because of power you are fooling yourself,you call yourself Hausa but you cannot speak Hausa language. o ma see ooooooooooooooooooooo.very soon you call yourself Ghanaian
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by jambya(m): 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2010
Wateva, he has lost d favour long ago, not quite sure he could stil rule this country; anyway, It's a gud news 4 GEJ.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by silami(m): 11:25pm On Nov 22, 2010
this thing sef is just a bunch of media lies.

"The committee, which comprised Adamu Ciroma, David Jemibewon, Audu Ogbeh, Mohammed Dikko, Yussuf Shaba Lafiagi, Ricky Tarfa, Iyorchia Ayu, Magaji Dambatta Mohammed, Anka Bello, Kirfi Sule Lamido, Babangida Aliyu and Danjuma Goje, has kept its findings secret, but speculations are rife that the panel may not be favourably disposed to Babangida and Abubakar, because of their antecedents. According to sources, the decision is being zeroed in on either Gusau or Saraki".

Culled from PM News.

i dnt know where they got the info
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Akainzo(m): 11:26pm On Nov 22, 2010
olaade2:

Good news for Goodluck Jonathan,hardworking somebody is what we need now,it is not about region,north or south, it is about commitment which l belief Jonathan is far better than Atiku,jonathan carry go,BUKOLA SARAKI STOP PRETENDING ,you are my brother (YORUBA) because of power you are fooling yourself,you call yourself Hausa but you cannot speak Hausa language. o ma see ooooooooooooooooooooo.very soon you call yourself Ghanaian

Pray tell me, what has Jonathan delivered in all his time in politics - from Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice President, Acting President and now President. What has he delivered?

Also, if you can mention which of the projects in the Niger Delta has been completed under his watch, I'd be happy to know and learn.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by SSaemoenl(m): 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2010
So North has nothing again to offer only ATIKU tongue cry kiss
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Boboribo: 11:32pm On Nov 22, 2010
this thing sef is just a bunch of media lies.

"The committee, which comprised Adamu Ciroma, David Jemibewon, Audu Ogbeh, Mohammed Dikko, Yussuf Shaba Lafiagi, Ricky Tarfa, Iyorchia Ayu, Magaji Dambatta Mohammed, Anka Bello, Kirfi Sule Lamido, Babangida Aliyu and Danjuma Goje, has kept its findings secret, but speculations are rife that the panel may not be favourably disposed to Babangida and Abubakar, because of their antecedents. According to sources, the decision is being zeroed in on either Gusau or Saraki".

Culled from PM News.

i dnt know where they got the info

PM news had to cook that up to sell its evening edition and you've fallen for it.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Arkhin(m): 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2010
Thank GOD the era of rigging is over,i wonder who will vote for the political bitch called Atiku who went back to his own puke. PDP thinks itself a bird whereas it's a butterfly. They'll soon know their true worth.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 23, 2010
jam_bya:

Wateva, he has lost d favour long ago, not quite sure he could stil rule this country; anyway, It's a gud news 4 GEJ.
I see u prefer a lone horse race in a country of "150M" people. Why don't u summon enough courage to wish that your GEJ should become the winner of 2011 pres. race unopposed!
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Danmasani(m): 12:20am On Nov 23, 2010
Funny how we keep selecting scrupulous elements for leadership. Atiku Abubakar is alleged to be involved in corruption deals in the United States that landed a Louisiana congressman in jail and that was not a minus in this process?

I am from the North, honestly believe that the North has no claim whatsoever to some agreement to rule Nigeria as she has produced criminals that crippled it to her knees and still pull heavy strings today.

I see people brazenly supporting Atiku, IBB et al. I ask? What governing policy has been put forth by these people? what concrete plan and blueprint do they have to end at least the rampant power problem that has crippled a lot of the socioeconomic infrastructure in the country? What agenda do they have for fighting corruption? How can they be effective advocates for fighting corruption if they have unanswered allegations of fraud and illegitimate wealth hanging over their heads? Heck, can they account for how they got their wealth? The Nigerian offices they each held surely cannot account for their fortune!

I'm sorry but come election 2011, the only candidate from the North worthy of seeking office is Nuhu Ribadu. Sad to see he has been relegated to the corner and has no chance of penetrating the carcass of idiots
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by AndreUweh(m): 12:32am On Nov 23, 2010
Atiku, IBB, Ribadu, Buhari, Saraki, Gusau etc; GEJ will beat all of them combined.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by ishit4body(f): 12:36am On Nov 23, 2010
Atiku to become next vice president come 2011.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 23, 2010
^^^
The blatant mistake a lot of Nigerians make is to believe that the corruption in Nigeria is defined by tribe. Making such assertions that the North is more corrupt than the other regions is a BIG joke. The inadequacies of the North can only be emphasized because they have been in power(at the federal level) more than any other region in the country.

Are the Akalas, Iboris, Alagmesias, Orjis, Igbinedioms, Mbadinujus, Udenwas, Daniels et als from the North?
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by MaiSuya(m): 12:41am On Nov 23, 2010
Danmasani:

Funny how we keep selecting scrupulous elements for leadership. Atiku Abubakar is alleged to be involved in corruption deals in the United States that landed a Louisiana congressman in jail and that was not a minus in this process?

I am from the North, honestly believe that the North has no claim whatsoever to some agreement to rule Nigeria as she has produced criminals that crippled it to her knees and still pull heavy strings today.

I see people brazenly supporting Atiku, IBB et al. I ask? What governing policy has been put forth by these people? what concrete plan and blueprint do they have to end at least the rampant power problem that has crippled a lot of the socioeconomic infrastructure in the country? What agenda do they have for fighting corruption? How can they be effective advocates for fighting corruption if they have unanswered allegations of fraud and illegitimate wealth hanging over their heads? Heck, can they account for how they got their wealth? The Nigerian offices they each held surely cannot account for their fortune!

I'm sorry but come election 2011, the only candidate from the North worthy of seeking office is Nuhu Ribadu. Sad to see he has been relegated to the corner and has no chance of penetrating the carcass of idiots  

nagode yanlabe!   cheesy
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by semid4lyfe(m): 12:53am On Nov 23, 2010
Good news. . . .GEJ will easily defeat Atiku at the PDP Primaries.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by bidemi12(m): 12:59am On Nov 23, 2010
only in Nigeria will a known thief contest and win the most important position in a country. worse still the thief is often celebrated and encouraged into office. I beg, america should stop claiming to be the freest country in the world. where else can you steal, kill and rig your way into aso rock and still walk freely without fear but nigeria?
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Bialegend(m): 1:10am On Nov 23, 2010
we insist that no individual, organization or society dreaming of success and greatness can achieve these dreams without respect for others and honouring agreements voluntarily entered into. This is especially so where these agreements have been transformed into a binding document, a constitution, which governs the conduct of those who subscribe to it.

Is he reffering to the ABURI ACCORD? Ohhh ok, no wonder the yeye country nigeria has never achieved it's dream of success and greatness since disrespecting a binding ABURI ACCORD. The same north that truncated ABURI ACCORD and fought Biafrans for insisting that ABURI ACCORD be respected are now making reference to the dangers of disrespecting an accord? Ok, i understand. Silly and empty head beings.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by drmoney: 1:48am On Nov 23, 2010
and now, they just handed the presidency to gej!
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by mistakay: 1:58am On Nov 23, 2010
drmoney:

and now, they just handed the presidency to gej!

OMG What were they thinking! Atiku can not win his own local govt,i certainly cant vote for him.Atiku is a business man all this is a business venture to him.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by mrofficial(m): 2:33am On Nov 23, 2010
And why do we have this on IBB's page on facebook?

Dear IBBist! Good News! Great News!!! Nigeria Rejoice!

The Mallam Ciroma led committee of wise men after several weeks of following a comprehensive and acceptable process has selected the honorable, intelligent, distinguished, wise, performer - IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA as the NORTHERN CONCENSUS CANDIDATE!!!!
Nigerians , Rejoice!!!! It's our time for emancipation to the next and higher level! IBB 2011!!!It's 'IBB and the OTHERS'

http://www.facebook.com/foribb2011?ref=ts
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by nduchucks: 2:41am On Nov 23, 2010
It should be noted that Atiku is only a "Northern" consensus candidate as far as PDP alone is concerned. The Ciroma group neither represents the will of most Northerners, nor those of most Nigerians.  Any organization, interest group, or body that does not understand the gravity of having a President who is a potential criminal defendant in US courts, needs to have its head examined.

Nigeria already has a bad reputation - thanks to the 419ers, now you want to have a potential criminal defendant as the leader of Nigeria?? Okwute Palestinian pifuka gi isi, is my message to the Ciroma group!
The Ciroma group lives in a bubble and is completely disconnected from the real Northerners.

What a disgraceful choice! Frankly I hope Atiku defeats GEJ, who by the way will not make a better President than Atiku. GEJ is clueless.  Insh Allah, PDP will implode and its candidate will lose this election.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by sulad82i(m): 3:29am On Nov 23, 2010
Atiku the sure looser.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by clickgold(m): 4:16am On Nov 23, 2010
Drama. Watching. The end

To God be the glory.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by silami(m): 4:44am On Nov 23, 2010
ndu_chucks:

It should be noted that Atiku is only a "Northern" consensus candidate as far as PDP alone is concerned. The Ciroma group neither represents the will of most Northerners, nor those of most Nigerians.  Any organization, interest group, or body that does not understand the gravity of having a President who is a potential criminal defendant in US courts, needs to have its head examined.

Nigeria already has a bad reputation - thanks to the 419ers, now you want to have a potential criminal defendant as the leader of Nigeria?? Okwute Palestinian pifuka gi isi, is my message to the Ciroma group!
The Ciroma group lives in a bubble and is completely disconnected from the real Northerners.

What a disgraceful choice! Frankly I hope Atiku defeats GEJ, who by the way will not make a better President than Atiku. GEJ is clueless.  Insh Allah, PDP will implode and its candidate will lose this election.  

Why are we lazy not knowing anything just start acting on emotions. This still an allegation, the same Atiku has been in the USA for months after leaving the office why wouldn't they arrest him? he was back in Nigeria no agency has instituted any case against or get him convicted? and here you are ranting and pouring all your ignorance out just to disgrace urself. All the PDP aspirants are potential criminals if you want make the allegation including GEJ. Go and open shop its morning already. yeye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 / Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant / El-Rufai: State Governments Will Support Total Removal Of Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.