Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate (10624 Views)

House Leadership: Tension As Northern, S’east Reps Protest Exclusion / Drama As Northern Group Seeks ICC Prosecution Of Buhari / Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2010
davidoo:

ABEG WHO BE CIROMA SEF, PERSON WEY HIM MATES DEY QUEUE COLLECT PENSION,
@Davidoo
This is a very lame contribution
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by bisiaet: 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2010
This is nice I think the North are loosing the battle gradually because both Atiku or IBB are nothing but a bad eggs. And in the other way i'm so delighted that IBB was shamed and was never choosen shame on him so where are those credibility he was talking about when even in his end( The North) he was not even choosen to come out talkless going for primary? Now he is getting  the message right.

The most shameful of all is Dokpesi and Nnamani gangs now where art thou oh mighty failures?? Huuuuhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! shame on you all I will now see where you will all hide now, I will see may be you will all go now and be a running erand boys for Atiku see your life now. The North has spoken and make a choice of one of the rotten,  so what else do you want to do still follow follw sorry ooo, shame on you all infact iam the most happiest person that upon all rants, sweating, blablablablublublu of Dokpesi a man of his calibre running erand for IBB it's so sad, a shameless man, all of you now i'm waiting to see where you will belong.

For Atiku is failure days is number I just pray he win primary then PDP is gone forever for good because they are demons. I read in newspaper that the North are telling Atiku to choose East for VP they must be [b]s i l l y for saying such and any Ibo man that rejoice on this is not serious. I as an Ibo man I had said it before and I remain on it Vice, Deputy, Assitant was not our destiny because I dont know why when it comes to such second fiddle post East always surface pls Mr Thief Atiku go elsewhere to get your deputy or Vice ok enough of all this rubbish of a thing. God bless.[/b]
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by babytoun: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2010
Atiku of the North, by the North and for the North. Congrats Adamu Chiroma on your new definition of Northerncrazy
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by seanet02: 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2010
The Greatest mistake North will ever make.
They have failed. Atiku, boti e dibo Oti Fail.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by seanet02: 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2010
Jarus:

The reality is Atiku of today is a walk-over for GEJ. Atiku of 2003 would have given even the then incumbent Obj a run for his money, but his political structure, inherited from Sheu Musa Yar'adua, has collapsed.

IBB, let's face it, is teh only PDP person that can give GEJ a run for his money.

The atmosphere is the North, according to friends over there, is one of massive support for Buhari. Sai Baba, Mai Gaskiya etc are few of the slogans over there, all in praise of Buhari. I'm talking about teh masses, not the elites. With GEJ almost sure of PDP ticket, the race is going to be between him, Buhari and Ribadu. If AC and CPC can work out an alliance, then PDP's end may be in sight.

will do anything For IBB, even if it means licking his balls, typical jarus
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Eziachi: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2010
It seems most Nigerians epecially the Nairaland bunch don't seem to understand Nigeria and how it works. If PDP dare try a one man on vote in a secret ballot, some may get a rude shock that Atiku can possibly beat Jonathan. Atiku is a very cunning and skillful brand of Nigerian politician. In Nigeria the best barely wins in anything and politics is no exception.
I am not saying that Atiku will definitely wins, but he is capable of causing a huge shock. The man's crookedness equipt him more to Nigeria politics more than Jonathan who has never win anything on his own before, legitimate or other wise. The drama begins.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by seanet02: 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2010
Eziachi:

It seems most Nigerians epecially the Nairaland bunch don't seem to understand Nigeria and how it works. If PDP dare try a one man on vote in a secret ballot, some may get a rude shock that Atiku can possibly beat Jonathan. Atiku is a very cunning and skillful brand of Nigerian politician. In Nigeria the best barely wins in anything and politics is no exception.
I am not saying that Atiku will definitely wins, but he is capable of causing a huge shock. The man's crookedness equipt him more to Nigeria politics more than Jonathan who has never win anything on his own before, legitimate or other wise. The drama begins.
You are spewing garbage
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Onlytruth(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2010
Jarus:

The reality is Atiku of today is a walk-over for GEJ. Atiku of 2003 would have given even the then incumbent Obj a run for his money, but his political structure, inherited from Sheu Musa Yar'adua, has collapsed.

IBB, let's face it, is teh only PDP person that can give GEJ a run for his money.

The atmosphere is the North, according to friends over there, is one of massive support for Buhari. Sai Baba, Mai Gaskiya etc are few of the slogans over there, all in praise of Buhari. I'm talking about teh masses, not the elites. With GEJ almost sure of PDP ticket, the race is going to be between him, Buhari and Ribadu. If AC and CPC can work out an alliance, then PDP's end may be in sight.

Eziachi:

[b]I am not saying that Atiku will definitely wins, but he is capable of causing a huge shock. [/b]The man's crookedness equipt him more to Nigeria politics more than Jonathan who has never win anything on his own before, legitimate or other wise. The drama begins.

I thought of the same thing too, except that this PDP primary will NOT be free and fair and will NOT be secret. Even if it is secret, it will be rigged by the party for Jonathan. So, either way, I don't see how Atiku wins.

It will be strong arm politics at the PDP level (thanks to OBJ). At the national elections level, it will be more difficult to rig. However, at the national elections proper, Jonathan has the power to lobby more than any candidate.

The only thing that jumped out for me by this Atiku choice is that Atiku will accept defeat easier than IBB or even Gusau.
The north doesn't want to rock the boat. They want to live to fight another day. My 2 cents.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by naso2(m): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2010
I am a die-hard GEJ  fan, but i must repeat " dont write Atiku off". The party election is actually GEJ's to lose, but Atiku can negotiate anything. I mean anything, besides his struggle with OBJ could be a plus for him. Almost everyone is giving the credit of the aborted 3rd term bid to Atiku and we know that is false. A lot of things/people worked against 3rd term. The product itself was a hardsell, yet Atiku gets the credit.

My main concern now is the media hostility that will resume shortly. Garba shehu is a tested hand, while Ima niboro is a tenderfoot.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by revolt(m): 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2010
They finally shoot themselves in the foot. Nothing for them again. Who'll vote atiku. Ibb was better.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by MetalGong4: 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2010
na_so:

I am a die-hard GEJ fan, but i must repeat " dont right Atiku off". The party election is actually GEJ's to lose, but Atiku can negotiate anything. I mean anything, besides his struggle with OBJ could be a plus for him. Almost everyone is giving the credit of the aborted 3rd term bid to Atiku and we know that is false. A lot of things/people worked against 3rd term. The product itself was a hardsell, yet Atiku gets the credit.

My main concern now is the media hostility that will resume shortly. Garba shehu is a tested hand, while Ima niboro is a tenderfoot.

Are you not the one that once wrote that Atiku is a naive politician? . . . I guess you have come back to your senses.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Boboribo: 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2010
So  typical of Nigerians not to give anybody his due.  The blame game just has to continue - IBB killed and maimed, Atiku looted, Saraki is greedy and Gasau is a greenhorn.  So convenient to heap all the atrocities of an administration on the deputy or vice when it suits us.  After the Military coup of 1983, Ekwueme was the villain and Shagari, the saint and for 8 years while Atiku was supposedly looting, OBJ was sleeping.  How come in GEJ's case the reverse is not the case to blame him while exculpating Alamiesigha?
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by whytelion: 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2010
Well,lets see ancient and modern.who will win,a David and Goliath issue.if honesty can be our serious watch-word?create
a corrupt free society?I dont think the big heads will come up with manipulating thoughts to brain-wash others to carry out their dubious acts.Nigeria today?is not Nigeria yesterday,but make no mistake,anything can happen and everything can happen in the night.Nigeria is pregnant,pregnancy that has persisted and refused to deliver,untill one day,it will finally give out what it have to the World.if Nigeria can not behave itself in good manner to conduct the election free and fair spirit,devoid of rigging and violence,then the International community will count Nigeria as a failed state,what will be the difference comparing to Irak.Nigeria should borrow leaf from Ghana the commonwealth closest neigbour.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Gayigaskia(m): 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2010
All you motherf**ckers need to leave Adamu Ciroma alone; i mean what are his sins? he only believe in zoning that is all. What's the difference between Ciroma and Edwin Clarck? He clarck used to kiss many Northerners asses until a Niger Deltan like him came to power. So leave Ciroma alone he is no different than many of GEJ backers. ie Annenih ,Nwodu et al. Heck he Nwodu was Atiku boy and he still can ply for Atiku, remember it was only about 3 months ago that he let his Boss come back to PDP .
For full disclosure i'am a northerner and i believe until we the young generation get together to boot away PDP Nigeria will forever be doomed.
F*ck PDP GEJ and Atiku too.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Princek12(m): 11:20pm On Nov 23, 2010
It seems this Northerners think everyone wants to drink kunu and chew kuli kuli, for what is all these nonsense? Why do they feel compelled to put forth a northern candidate to challenge GEJ? All they think about is the North!

We need to fight back; Everyone should beware. These Northerners want to turn Naija into a sharia country. Osama Bin Laden is probably sponsoring Atiku. Lord help us
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Gayigaskia(m): 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2010
Princek12:

It seems this Northerners think everyone wants to drink kunu and chew kuli kuli, for what is all these nonsense? Why do they feel compelled to put forth a northern candidate to challenge GEJ? All they think about is the North!

We need to fight back; Everyone should beware. These Northerners want to turn Naija into a sharia country. Osama Bin Laden is probably sponsoring Atiku. Lord help us

And it seems you are only supporting your fellow Niger Deltan, what is the difference between you and those northerners? I guess your are one of those PDP bigots.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Nsiman(m): 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2010
@ whytelion, so before now is nigeria not a failled state, without being told can't u differentiate btwen a failled state and a promising state? @ gayigaskia, ciroma's sin/crime is that he is not democratic, and he wants archaic way of leadership to be continued whereas we are in the 21st century.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Gayigaskia(m): 11:32pm On Nov 23, 2010
Nsiman:

@ whytelion, so before now is nigeria not a failled state, without being told can't u differentiate btwen a failled state and a promising state? @ gayigaskia, ciroma's sin/crime is that he is not democratic, and he wants archaic way of leadership to be continued whereas we are in the 21st century.

I agree Ciroma is not democratic, but who is in PDP?
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Princek12(m): 5:14am On Nov 24, 2010
Gayigaskia:

And it seems you are only supporting your fellow Niger Deltan, what is the difference between you and those northerners? I guess your are one of those PDP bigots.
I am not currently not supporting any candidate, because I haven't decided the candidate to whom I should give my support. And even when I decide to support a candidate, I would not support that candidate because we originate the same tribe; it would be because I feel that the candidate is the best for the country.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by monitalk: 6:04am On Nov 24, 2010
Is Atiku a saint http:///gDI5uz
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Sagamite(m): 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2010
Yet again, another retarded option is given by Northern leaders to Nigerians to vote for.

Bunch of moronic leaders!!!
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Sagamite(m): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2010
Danmasani:

Funny how we keep selecting scrupulous elements for leadership. Atiku Abubakar is alleged to be involved in corruption deals in the United States that landed a Louisiana congressman in jail and that was not a minus in this process?

I am from the North, honestly believe that the North has no claim whatsoever to some agreement to rule Nigeria as she has produced criminals that crippled it to her knees and still pull heavy strings today.

I see people brazenly supporting Atiku, IBB et al. I ask? What governing policy has been put forth by these people? what concrete plan and blueprint do they have to end at least the rampant power problem that has crippled a lot of the socioeconomic infrastructure in the country? What agenda do they have for fighting corruption? How can they be effective advocates for fighting corruption if they have unanswered allegations of fraud and illegitimate wealth hanging over their heads? Heck, can they account for how they got their wealth? The Nigerian offices they each held surely cannot account for their fortune!

I'm sorry but come election 2011, the only candidate from the North worthy of seeking office is Nuhu Ribadu. Sad to see he has been relegated to the corner and has no chance of penetrating the carcass of idiots  

Absolutely fffing GBAM to every sentence.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Sagamite(m): 5:24pm On Nov 24, 2010
mistakay:

OMG What were they thinking! Atiku can not win his own local govt,i certainly cant vote for him.Atiku is a business man all this is a business venture to him.

What business?

Would you also call an armed robber a business man?
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Eziachi: 12:09am On Nov 25, 2010
seanet02:

You are spewing garbage
Why not spew non garbage, at least I had something to spew unlike you with nothing. grin grin grin
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Eziachi: 12:18am On Nov 25, 2010
na_so:

I am a die-hard GEJ  fan, but i must repeat " dont write Atiku off". The party election is actually GEJ's to lose, but Atiku can negotiate anything. I mean anything, besides his struggle with OBJ could be a plus for him. Almost everyone is giving the credit of the aborted 3rd term bid to Atiku and we know that is false. A lot of things/people worked against 3rd term. The product itself was a hardsell, yet Atiku gets the credit.

My point exactly. If left for Atiku/Jonathan to their device without the hand of the likes of OBJ, Atiku will shock Jonathan.
Atiku is a very skillful rogue, very suitable for the Nigerian brand of politics, I based my argument on how he survived OBJ/Ribadu and still turned over OBJ's 3rd term ambition.
He managed to con the so called progressives to believe that he is one of them and they were ready to die for him, only for him to visit his nemesis OBJ for a friendly chat without blinking an eye.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Akainzo(m): 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2010
Eziachi:

My point exactly. If left for Atiku/Jonathan to their device without the hand of the likes of OBJ, Atiku will shock Jonathan.
Atiku is a very skillful rogue, very suitable for the Nigerian brand of politics, I based my argument on how he survived OBJ/Ribadu and still turned over OBJ's 3rd term ambition.
He managed to con the so called progressives to believe that he is one of them and they were ready to die for him, only for him to visit his nemesis OBJ  for a friendly chat without blinking an eye.

Hmmm, from what you wrote here, you just confirmed that Atiku is a consumate politician and thus GEJ has to be wary.
Note that in politics, there are no permanent friends/enemies, just interests. Atiku aligned with the progressives to scuttle the 3rd term bid, and the progressives aligned with him in his struggles in the court to ensure that the court clearly makes a pronouncement that INEC has no power to disqualify.

Now once those fights were over, Atiku reached out to OBJ for the sake of his own relevance. There is nothing wrong with that. The Yorubas say 'Ti a ba diju ge igi nigbo, ti a ba sora, a ge eyan mo' meaning if you close your eyes to cut trees in the forest, you might end up cutting humans - friends/foe.

Atiku, has played politics long enough that he knows the terrain of the PDP, while GEJ has to depend on state power to coax follower-ship. The PDP would be an interesting thing to follow.

(For an insight into politics, check out the recent FIFA hosting rights - England got just 2 votes  grin)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant / Nigeria Air: A Ploy To Siphone Funds - PDP / Atikulators Watch These Numbers And Hold Your Breath!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.