Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria (37095 Views)

CKC Onitsha Emerged Victorious At The World Affairs Challenge (WAC) / CKC Onitsha Defeats US, Turkey Schools To Emerge Winner In A Global Competition. / CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors In A Roll At A Record Break- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by PHENOMCHICKSON: 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
Wuuworld:
I was the house Captain of Heerey House 2008/2009.

Primus Interpares!!!!!!

Three Cheers for C.K.C!!!!!
I sight U Acapo Wuuworld. cool

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Ceska(f): 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
Bishop Charles Heery was also the founder of Holy Rosary College (HRC) , Enugu. It was founded in 1935.
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by elougo(m): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
Wuuworld:

Primus Interpares!!!!!!

May the fame of our College last forever

2 Likes

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by tcharrisson(m): 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
Cheif NE Olish gave me hot 12 strokes of koboko one early morning. And till today, I still don't know what I did to warrant that.... ������� But the experience shaped me to the man I am today. Primus.......

2 Likes

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by tranxo(m): 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
somalianprince:
Christ The King College Onitsha is among the oldest and foremost schools in Nigeria.

I think it is only Kings college lagos that is older that CKC Onitsha.

Again CKC, DMGS all in Onitsha are among the few best schools in Nigeria even till date.
DMGS 1925
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by sambony4luv(m): 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Three cheers for CKC, Onitsha. Bonitas, Disciplina and Scientia. My Alma mata.

2 Likes

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by biafranbaby(m): 6:22pm On Nov 27, 2019
nengibo:
which kind head be this

That can only be Musa at the gate. grin

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by wingmanIII: 6:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Astark:
Always seeking validation just to feel good.

Nawa for these people

Validation from WHO? Inferiors?
You are not making sense
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Jamesilvar(m): 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
Astark:
Igbo people and unnecessary things

Aboki!!
School is not necessary for you. Continue rearing your cattle in peace or whatever it is you do.

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by kiddkash(m): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
Wuuworld:

Primus Interpares!!!!!!

me na obodo charly

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
My school then in 2004
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Favour1990(m): 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
My school
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by kiddkash(m): 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
partnerbizn5:
This post evokes nostalgic feelings.

CKC was arguably the best secondary school in Nigeria at some point.

The same road harbours the female counterpart --QRC onitsha. The road was Oguta Road. It led to the dreaded Upper Iweka on the one hand and DMGS on the other end.

Attending this school was likened to working in CBN or Shell. It was the numero uno, the primus inter pares and Rolls Royce of secondary school then.

What's more, only the most brilliant students were picked.

The school was a legacy left by the Spiritan missionaries in the good old days.

Let me remember the chemistry teacher that loved me in SS1. "Aunty" I have not forgotten. I struggled at some point, owing to a lot of issues ranging from finance to distance and lack of coordination. She understood that I was hardworking and encouraged me.

In JSS3, my class mates sent me to the cleaners.----
Like Ben Carson who was the best in local Detroit but couldn't compete in Yale where all the best brains were camped-----

I was the best in my local league in JSS2 but couldn't compete with way smarter chaps who were all gathered together and kept in JSS3A. That was the practice. The best students from previous year are put in A, B, C etc classes.

I was later to become an 'ART' student to the chagrin of many. For they thought that only dull students went for Arts. But it was for a purpose. A definite one.

I can still recall the days of Mr NE Olisah, who was the most menacing principal.

Teachers bow to let him pass while the students kowtow.

Three cheers for CKC.

UP CKC

Bonitas , disciplina scientia.

Ka emesia.
Nwa otu.
they always lost to my alma mater st. charles in football or match past in basilica of the most holy trinity
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by partnerbizn5(m): 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
kiddkash:

they always lost to my alma mater st. charles in football or match past in basilica of the most holy trinity
taaaaa gbafuo osiso.

lol
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by ojojo1985: 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
college of the immaculate conception (CIC)Enugu,is also an all boys school run by the Catholic missionaries. it was founded in 1940s,also have produced 3 govs if not more than,and many personalities. (I)chimaroke nnamani(ii)CC onoh of old anambra state,Bianca ojukwu's father(iii)Sullivan chime.personalities:flavour, John and Peter utaka,NONSO diobi,former America football player by okoye,that is the few i can remember
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by ojojo1985: 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
ojojo1985:
college of the immaculate conception (CIC)Enugu,is also an all boys school run by the Catholic missionaries. it was founded in 1940s,also have produced 3 govs if not more than,and many personalities. (I)chimaroke nnamani(ii)CC onoh of old anambra state,Bianca ojukwu's father(iii)Sullivan chime.personalities:flavour, John and Peter utaka,NONSO diobi,former America football player by okoye,that is the few i can remember
SEMPE FEDLIS!!!
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Padifidz: 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
somalianprince:
Christ The King College Onitsha is among the oldest and foremost schools in Nigeria.

I think it is only Kings college lagos that is older that CKC Onitsha.

Again CKC, DMGS all in Onitsha are among the few best schools in Nigeria even till date.

DMGS is older... DMGS was birthed 1925; CKC 1933
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by javaguru: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
school fees na finishing
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Butoneday2(m): 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Is there any snake there?.
Snake kill you there? tongue grin
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Legendguru: 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
hmmmm
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by southome(m): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
My Alma Mater.
Primus Interpares!
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by smasher1(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
Wuuworld:

Primus Interpares!!!!!!

I was a corper there same time

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by kolatidoma(m): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
years ago, I will never forget.... The fear of Oke osisi( then principal) and Boss (my form teacher) is the beginning of wisdom... may the fame of our college last forever... up c.k.c!!!
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Geometrix(m): 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
May the fame of our college last forever! Three cheers for CKC!!!

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by onmyowncj: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
My alma Mata, who talks of ckc without mentioning oke osisi one of atani,the president of anccops west Africa, Olisa the principal, if his kobok did not touch you until you graduated,u b good boy,but if you collect that koboko pls gather here for old boys meeting, I can't forget jet club and press club controversy, primus interparels an old boy told me in keke at ochanja market today,I remembered I was also a supposed governor

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by nick50(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ugoeze2016:
What is the essence of the post in the first place?
How is this going to put food on local confused man's table?
.u don't need anybody or anything to put food on ur table..enjoy the change u voted for..me as an Igbo man will vote for buhari come 2023
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Jaykay10(m): 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2019
can't believe what I am seeing with my former school what a Transfomation!! may the colour of school last forever Primus to the last

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Wuuworld(m): 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2019
PHENOMCHICKSON:

I sight U Acapo Wuuworld. cool

My Geee!!!!!!!
I see you.
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Cymix: 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
na school be this not this convenant noise makers
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by crackhouse(m): 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
You forgot to add chris Ngige. He's an old boy also.
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by sweetonugbu: 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
Butoneday2:
Snake kill you there? tongue grin
so you don't know that it's the magic word that attracted lalasticlala?.
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by ezewealth(m): 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
partnerbizn5:
This post evokes nostalgic feelings.

CKC was arguably the best secondary school in Nigeria at some point.

The same road harbours the female counterpart --QRC onitsha. The road was Oguta Road. It led to the dreaded Upper Iweka on the one hand and DMGS on the other end.

Attending this school was likened to working in CBN or Shell. It was the numero uno, the primus inter pares and Rolls Royce of secondary school then.

What's more, only the most brilliant students were picked.

The school was a legacy left by the Spiritan missionaries in the good old days.

Let me remember the chemistry teacher that loved me in SS1. "Aunty" I have not forgotten. I struggled at some point, owing to a lot of issues ranging from finance to distance and lack of coordination. She understood that I was hardworking and encouraged me.

In JSS3, my class mates sent me to the cleaners.----
Like Ben Carson who was the best in local Detroit but couldn't compete in Yale where all the best brains were camped-----

I was the best in my local league in JSS2 but couldn't compete with way smarter chaps who were all gathered together and kept in JSS3A. That was the practice. The best students from previous year are put in A, B, C etc classes.

I was later to become an 'ART' student to the chagrin of many. For they thought that only dull students went for Arts. But it was for a purpose. A definite one.

I can still recall the days of Mr NE Olisah, who was the most menacing principal.

Teachers bow to let him pass while the students kowtow.

Three cheers for CKC.

UP CKC

Bonitas , disciplina scientia.

Ka emesia.
Nwa otu.
And u did mention st charles, one of the great sch in onisha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AAU Student Drowns During A Picnic Organized By Her Hostel.. (video) / 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.