Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. (1545 Views)

My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway / Must My Tyre Chop Fufu? Vulcanizers Come And Explain / My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by xavuv: 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
I have changed two tyres in the same position (back of driver's side) in 5 months. The one presently there has been showing same symptoms. They bulge out on the face, giving me a bouncy ride. Not pleasant at all.

Pls brethren what could be wrong, i just want to have some fore knowledge about what is wrong with that side (back of driver's side) before i let my kazeem remove a nut on my wheel.

Note: my absorber and linkages are ok ( i just changed that small linkage rod for the four wheels)

Vehicle: camry 2005

Thank you Sirs/Mas.

Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by obiekunie2: 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2019
your rim may be bad.
Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by xavuv: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
I have switched rims. I think that rules it out.
obiekunie2:
your rim may be bad.
Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by sola12(m): 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
Do the back alignment and wheel balancing........ Bt try doing manual..... Cos those compterised guys dont really knw, hw to use d machine

1 Like

Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by xavuv: 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ok. Thanks
sola12:
Do the back alignment and wheel balancing........ Bt try doing manual..... Cos those compterised guys dont really knw, hw to use d machine
Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by EngRichie: 6:42am On Nov 28, 2019
Just a guess....

Tokumbo tires that were folded during importation

..... Then over inflation compounded it.

4 Likes

Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by 9icetoo(m): 7:11am On Nov 28, 2019
Op, help me with the following answers.
1. Is this a tokunbo tyre?
2. What is the date of manufacture of this tyre?
3. What pressures does your vulcanised inflate your tires to?
4. Does he use the dial face and stick gauge? I have found some of the dial face gauges to be wrong. My TPMS confirmed it as there's was reading 10 PSI lower than actual. If I wasn't paying attention or had the TPMS to check, I would have been driving around with 44 osi instead of 34 PSI.
Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by SpaceAngel: 8:40am On Nov 28, 2019
two different tyres damaged with same symptoms on same position in car Try checking the alignment since you've swapped rims.
Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by xavuv: 10:10am On Nov 28, 2019
They were new tires bought them 2 years ago. Year of manufacture is 2017. SUNFULL TYRES.

I use 45 psi. I make sure it stays that way.
Vulcaniser uses the new guage,the one that with clock like face.

Same tires on four wheels. But that particular spot is giving me problem. Third tyre is bulgibg our smal small.

Evwr sonce that thing started i been buyibg tokunbo tyres

9icetoo:
Op, help me with the following answers.
1. Is this a tokunbo tyre?
2. What is the date of manufacture of this tyre?
3. What pressures does your vulcanised inflate your tires to?
4. Does he use the dial face and stick gauge? I have found some of the dial face gauges to be wrong. My TPMS confirmed it as there's was reading 10 PSI lower than actual. If I wasn't paying attention or had the TPMS to check, I would have been driving around with 44 osi instead of 34 PSI.

Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by xavuv: 10:12am On Nov 28, 2019
Kazeem said tyre would not bulge out if it were alignment problem, that it would be uneven wear.

SpaceAngel:
two different tyres damaged with same symptoms on same position in car Try checking the alignment since you've swapped rims.
Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by xavuv: 10:12am On Nov 28, 2019
Those tyres r not tokunbo

EngRichie:
Just a guess....

Tokumbo tires that were folded during importation

..... Then over inflation compounded it.
Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by Midoda: 10:35am On Nov 28, 2019
SpaceAngel:
what size is recommended for the rear and what size are u using?if that checks out then examine the shocks on that side.I am guessing the body is hitting that tyre in motion

1 Like

Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by xavuv: 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
Yes brethren. Rubber bushings were changed for wheels at the back. The ones there before, the ones that came from factory,were thin and torn somehow. Back Wheel alignment was done to round up the work.
The replaced ones is shown in the pics
I hope this will solve the problem.

Re: My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. by 9icetoo(m): 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
xavuv:
They were new tires bought them 2 years ago. Year of manufacture is 2017. SUNFULL TYRES.

I use 45 psi. I make sure it stays that way.
Vulcaniser uses the new guage,the one that with clock like face.

Same tires on four wheels. But that particular spot is giving me problem. Third tyre is bulgibg our smal small.

Evwr sonce that thing started i been buyibg tokunbo tyres

Over inflation and substandard tyre.
45 PSI on that dial face gauge is probably 50 or 55 PSI. Recall my experience. Secondly, the vulcanisers usually over inflate and then gradually reduce the pressure to whatever pressure you ask them to. In your case, you want 45 PSI, he inflates to about 50psi (about 60psi real) before deflating to your expected pressure. This damages the tyre and causes the bulge you now see. It's purely coincidence that it's happening to the same side of your car.
Keep your pressures below 35psi. Your tyres will love you for it.

(1) (Reply)

Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life / 4 Disadvantages Of Low Petrol Prices / Yellow (lagos Clolour) BRT Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.