Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

NAVIGATING DATING; The Right Strategy And Mindset. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / NAVIGATING DATING; The Right Strategy And Mindset. (288 Views)

Pakistani Man And His Best Friend Dating The Same Lady (Photos) / 4 Signs That You May Be Dating The Wrong Person / Is Paid Dating The New Wave Of Prostitution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NAVIGATING DATING; The Right Strategy And Mindset. by Eyeness: 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
Hello ladies, it's me again giving AMORAL advice about relationships. Hope your day has been going good?

We all have a back story, some of us have been in different relationships or situationships with varying outcomes, while others have never even been asked out. We are all of different sizes, ages, strata and situations but we have one thing in common. We are stunningly single, and about to dip into the murky waters called the dating pool with the hope of fishing for an appropriate son of Adam. It's not an easy task i tell you. So how do we maximise our chance of success? Well you are at the right place.

Our Nigerian culture hasn't really taught women to date correctly, forget the single seminars in your churches and mosques, they just regurgitate outdated content. So what we see is a lot of blind people stumbling in trial and error making the same mistakes and expecting a different result each time. If that isn't madness, i don't know what is.

To have a remote chance of success, you need to modify your mindset and approach dating with a strategy tailored to your unique situation. The way a teenager approaches dating will be slightly different from a single mother, an older woman, a widow or a divorcee. i have decided to give a few simple guidelines that might help.

1. WORK ON YOUR SELF FIRST; is your self esteem doing poorly, are you broken or have going through some special tribulation that will take your time and decrease your dating chances. Take out time to.work on that first, ask yourself the tough questions that we are all afraid to answer? Why did my last relationship go south? Who am I? what do i want? Why aren't people interested in me? What undesirable characteristics do i have? and so on. It is important to ANSWER YOURSELF TRUTHFULLY, no matter how much you may not like to hear it.

2. THERE IS NO PRINCE CHARMING IN NIGERIA: except the ones sending you emails to send a certain amount to them. Just use soap and water to delete all the fairy tales and Disney cartoons from your head. The average Nigerian man is far from perfect and has a lot of disgusting flaws to boot. Take time to delete toxic mindset you may have about dating, relationships, marriage and men that is promoted by our silly culture.

3. PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD: you are not the only one fishing from the same pool so you have to stand out. Go extra, pamper yourself and look attractive. There are no ugly women, only lazy and poor women. Wear the full makeup,fix that wig, wear those feminine clothes and shoes, Level up your persona. i will talk more about this in later posts.

4. SET GOALS FOR DATING: What do you intend to achieve from this? Marriage to a high quality man? To be pampered and treated to gifts and expensive places? To find a glucose guardian or an intimacy buddy? None are right and none are wrong, you owe it to yourself to know why you are doing this in the first place. Just make it realistic, achievable, measurable and time bound.

5. KNOW WHAT YOU NEED AND DON'T NEED? i will talk more about this in subsequent posts. of you go to the market without knowing what you need, you will end up wasting money, time and resources on what you don't need. Same with men.

This is just the basics, subsequent posts will tackle these points in detail. it might take some time, but nobody ever went awry with these tips. May the odds be in your favor

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Love At First Sight? / The Immortality Of Love / Yoruba Or Ibo Girl Needed For A Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.