Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol (4580 Views)

American Idol (2009) Tonight / American Idol 2008 / American Idol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by zigbo(f): 11:46am On May 27, 2007
@davidlan i agree with everything u had to say.
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Seun(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2007
Americans did not vote for Jordin because she's good. They voted for her because she was hyped and is a 'cute kid'.
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 27, 2007
Seun:

Americans did not vote for Jordin because she's good. They voted for her because she was hyped and is a 'cute kid'.

You were no where near the voting populace and yet you make claims as if they live in your backyard, amazing. Did you ask them how they voted? If anyone was hyped at all through this competition then it must be Sanjaya, unfortunately his notoriery could only take him so far.

I did not vote but at least i live among those who did, i can tell you no one was voting for the cute kid. If anyone deserved the cute all-american girl vote then Haylee should have won outright.
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by omoge(f): 4:14pm On May 27, 2007
lol, Seun voted from nigeria. He was one of the74million Americalanders that voted   cheesy

i think i saw Seun's face in Kodak theatre  grin closed to Simeon, Randy and Paula's back during the time Sanjaya was singing, oh was it during Cece and Bebe + Melinda singing,  gosh I forget but saw a similar face  cool

Haley?  undecided with all those shorty pant and skirt and blouse she is cute? oh davidylan  cheesy read on idol website when she was kicked out that it's cuz of the skipys, lol
she is cute sha grin
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by bigbumper(f): 4:35pm On May 27, 2007
davidylan:

Seun is making judgements based on a 2hr finale . . .

. . . and yet lay men who barely watched 2hrs of a 3month long show are claiming otherwise.

It takes less than one minute to find out whether someone can sing or not.
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Orikinla(m): 7:07pm On May 27, 2007
We have all made our points.
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 27, 2007
big_bumper:

It takes less than one minute to find out whether someone can sing or not.

that's not true. You could have a cold, lose your voice, decide to take things less seriously especially if its not competitive. . . anything can happen. Does it take less than one minute to know if someone is a good footballer or not?
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by zigbo(f): 10:05pm On May 27, 2007
i dont understand how someone wil say Jordin did nt deserve to win or that she cant rily sing,or that her looks got her in i totally dnt get it

this was one of my favourite jordin sparks performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtqoc5KhDcY
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Seun(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2007
@zigbo: Okay, that was pretty good. Her voice is not bad, she just hardly use it well. And while she can't perform, she has many years of growth before her, during which she can learn how to perform on stage. I guess this is the performance that led to Melinda Doolittle's early exit. A 17-year old singing "I love you" is rather appealing. cheesy

Why did Melinda Doolittle lose? Because most of her fans are mature and less likely to vote over and over again!
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by BabyCakes(f): 5:38am On May 29, 2007
@seun you obviously do not understand the dynamics of American idol, but i will take the time to explain it to you

1. when a contestant gets eliminated, its not because they cant sing or perform, its because the greater public are voting for someone else and as a result, u get the least amount of votes.

2. sometimes, a singer may have a bad round and still have majority of the votes, for example blake who's votes were mostly from young teenage girls

3. being gospel oriented or mature like melinda, does not mean you get less votes, it just means more pple voted for blake and jordin, age doesnt play too much of a role because taylor hicks was 30 when he won, not only 17yr olds can attract votes.

I watched the competition from start to finish and i think i have a better say than someone who just watched d finals
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by MP007(m): 12:28pm On May 29, 2007
I thought the all white hair boy , charles whatever was the most undersving idol but that was changed last week and the most broing season of the idol show reached its last episode, it just goes to show that people only vote for fine faces, people wey dey america go understand better , no offence
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 29, 2007
BabyCakes:

I watched the competition from start to finish and i think i have a better say than someone who just watched d finals

that has been my own position from day 1. Amazing how many people are making fantastic judgements on the back of a mere 1hr (removing adverts and irrelevancies) out of a 4 month program!
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Seun(m): 8:12pm On May 29, 2007
@seun you obviously do not understand the dynamics of American idol, but i will take the time to explain it to you
Awww, shaddup. Knowing how American Idol works is nothing to be proud about. We all do.

1. when a contestant gets eliminated, its not because they can't sing or perform, its because the greater public are voting for someone else and as a result, u get the least amount of votes.
Really? How shocking! I had no idea! I thought the winners were handpicked by the Holy Ghost!

The main reasons why I raised an alarm over Jordin Sparks' singing are as follows:
1) Her performance in the finals were substandard, yet the judges were all over her with praises. If indeed her performance in the final was her worst performance, why didn't Simon Cowell comment about it?

2) I'm trying to get us to engage in some good-natured banter. Let's not poison it with mean statements.

You posted a link to Jordin Spark's best performance, and it's barely as good as Melinda's average performance!
I'm not the only one who believes that Melinda is far better than Jordin, you know. Millions of Americans do. wink
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Nobody: 12:18am On May 30, 2007
Seun:

The main reasons why I raised an alarm over Jordin Sparks' singing are as follows:
1) Her performance in the finals were substandard, yet the judges were all over her with praises. If indeed her performance in the final was her worst performance, why didn't Simon Cowell comment about it?

Please note that the final perfomances did NOT count towards the outcome of american idol. the announcement of the winner was done on wednesday, the actual competition ended tuesday night. Voting ended 12pm ET on tuesday night. On that score it would be wrong to base your judgement on wednesdays "perfomance" as that did not count.

Seun:

2) I'm trying to get us to engage in some good-natured banter. Let's not poison it with mean statements.

awwww pele, ok i will be nicer from now on. wink

Seun:

You posted a link to Jordin Spark's best performance, and it's barely as good as Melinda's average performance!
I'm not the only one who believes that Melinda is far better than Jordin, you know. Millions of Americans do. wink

Sure we all agree Melinda was by far the better singer but my argument remains; the winner is not determined purely on singing ability alone. Other factors have to be taken into consideration. Babycakes made a good point earlier, i was wrong to assume age was the sole contributing factor as Taylor Who won last yr at 30!
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by BabyCakes(f): 10:35pm On May 30, 2007
@seun when you are wrong, or ignorant of some details, kindly admit it and learn, rather than showing everyone that you are a jackass okay! you obviously dont know anything about american idol, so pls dont claim dat u do! i'm not claiming to be proud of knowing d dynamics of american idol, but its good to know what i'm talking about rather than to open your big mouth and talk rubbish like u do! just incase you havent noticed, there's a thread about you being fucking rude, and i dont blame d person who put it up, cos you are! Jordin has won american idol, whether you like it or not! why didnt you take part in west african idols if you know so much!
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by omoge(f): 12:15am On May 31, 2007
Lol grin
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Nobody: 2:36am On May 31, 2007
@ babycakes

lol  grin
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by zigbo(f): 10:10pm On May 31, 2007
lol
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Orikinla(m): 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2007
BabyCakes:

@seun when you are wrong, or ignorant of some details, kindly admit it and learn, rather than showing everyone that you are a jackass okay! you obviously don't know anything about american idol, so please don't claim that u do! i'm not claiming to be proud of knowing d dynamics of american idol, but its good to know what i'm talking about rather than to open your big mouth and talk rubbish like u do! just incase you havent noticed, there's a thread about you being fucking rude, and i don't blame d person who put it up, because you are! Jordin has won american idol, whether you like it or not! why didnt you take part in west african idols if you know so much!

Gosh!

A thread on Seun for being rude?

That thread must be twisted.

As we were saying:

Jordin Sparks won.
I am one of her fans.
But Melinda will still make it.
Finis.
Re: Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol by Seun(m): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2007
Jordin Sparks is vocally weak. I've been listening to previews of her songs all day and my opinion remains the same. However, I could hardly resist the hypnotic track in which she kept saying 'I love you' to me. cheesy

Men find it hard to resist the spectacle of a very young woman singing "I love you" to them - even if her voice is weak. That is the true secret of Jordin Spark's success; she is a "forbidden fruit" at 17.

Questions:
- What happens when she turns 18 and is no longer a "forbidden fruit"? (Britney Spears started out as one)
If she has a brilliant marketing team and cosmetic surgeon, maybe she remain 'young' in our minds?
- Why is Melinda Jordan's album the most popular American Idol 6 Album on Itunes? She's consistent.
- Why is Jordin Spark's song "I who have nothing" her only really popular song? Its "I love you" message.

I make it my job to analyse things like this, so I'm almost always right, except when I'm wrong. Cheers!
Summary: Melinda is far better than Jordin Sparks, but Fantasia Barrino will wipe the floor with both of them!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download [kubo And The Two Strings] Full Movie HD!! / Actress Loses Her Breast Through Prosthetic Makeup / Sponsor My Movie And Gain It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.