Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,624 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home (35707 Views)

EFCC To Seize Orji Uzor Kalu’s Sun Newspaper, Houses, Other Properties / EFCC Wants Abdulrasheed Maina’s N1b Assets Seized / “if EFCC Wants To Show They Are Working, They Should Seize Yusuf Buhari’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Johnwhiteceo(f): 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
A former Senate President, Bukola Saraki, on Wednesday, raised the alarm that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had filed a fresh process in the Federal High Court, Lagos, seeking an interim order for the forfeiture of his home in Ilorin, Kwara State.

Saraki said this in a statement by his media aide, Yusuph Olaniyonu.

He said, “Just like the previous one, which the anti-graft agency made by filing a similar order in the same court on Saraki’s Ikoyi House, it is a clear abuse of the court process.”

He maintained that the action of the EFCC was contrary to the statement of the nation’s highest-ranking judicial officer, Justice Ibrahim Tanko Mohammed.

“All binding court orders must be obeyed. Nobody, irrespective of his or her position, will be allowed to toy with court judgments.”

Saraki said he was surprised that the EFCC, “which prides itself as an institution that is built on the rule of law, has decided to ignore the existing order of the Federal High Court, Abuja”

The court, according to him, had “restrained the respondents (EFCC) by itself, subordinates, agents, servants, or privies howsoever, from seizing, impounding, taking over, confiscating or otherwise forfeiting the applicant’s (Saraki) right to and peacefully enjoy any of his assets and properties.”

The statement read further, “Again, instead of the EFCC consolidating its cases by joining the new application with the old one it earlier filed through which the commission got an interim order of forfeiture, which is already being challenged by Dr Saraki at the Federal High Court, Lagos, it decided to proliferate litigation by filing a fresh matter, all in an attempt to embarrass the former Senate President and ignore an existing order.

“The commission was engaging in this rigmarole in order to ensure it has different cases before different judges against the same person.”

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/efcc-wants-to-seize-my-ilorin-home-says-saraki/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by helinues: 1:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
Take them to court if you are innocent now

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by daddytime(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2019
Hmmm

You and Magu Magu never grind Una Axe finish....

The guy still dey para say you no allow the last Senate confirm am.

No matter what, this is gross abuse of our judiciary and power.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by BlackfireX: 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2019
We will kick you out.....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by mrvitalis(m): 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2019
helinues:
Didn't you read the part he said there is an existing court order

There is a limit to support a party ooh ...one day it would hunt you ooh

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by kunleweb: 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
They have started. Or rather have continued

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Charmingrascal(m): 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2019
Every money u embezzled, must be vomitted. All the fake paper project u claim u executed must be shown to us, the Water project u claim to hav spent Billion of Naira on yet no single community had pipe-borne water in Kwara wen u were a Gov.
Saraki OLE!

83 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Yemisi5(f): 2:49pm On Nov 28, 2019
[s]
helinues:
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Danwakae(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
Magu and Tinubu should not forget what happened to Nuhu Ribadu....when u collect 5₦.0 today via EFCC from your fellow political criminal, tomorrow they will collect ₦500,000,000 from you...Magu use your brain oo...All Nigerian politicians are thieves

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Dtoks: 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2019
Danwakae:
Magu and Tinubu should not forget what happened to Nuhu Ribadu....when u collect 5₦.0 today via EFCC from your fellow political criminal, tomorrow they will collect ₦500,000,000 from you...Magu use your brain oo...All Nigerian politicians are thieves
Just listen to yourself
Leave these people they are all thesame
However is Tinubu EFCC chairman?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by SarkinYarki: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
helinues:

Go back and read

7 Likes

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by surgical: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
Danwakae:
That tomorrow is there waiting for anybody who abuses his power,position or privileges

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Ezewuzie01: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
If EFCC can recover just a third of what Saraki stole from Kwara state, the state will witness unprecendented development. Saraki is a thief like no other!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by chriskosherbal(m): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
Dtoks:

Just listen to yourself
Leave these people they are all thesame
However is Tinubu EFCC chairman?
thank you my bro all naija politicians are the same, they only cry out when it hit them hard, I don't have pity for any of them as the suffering of today by Nigerians is politicians rooted, today is saraki turn tomorrow it will be the rest of them hiding under APC Umbrella ,every dog has its day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by olaboy33(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2019

1 Like

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by TooMuchStuff: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
Buhari on the beat....

DJ Bubu the Wiz steering the Wheel of Steel...!

If u sabi u sabi

1 Like

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
Follow it up then not complaining

1 Like

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by lukui: 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2019
bukola saraki, the only kwara guy that made it to the Panama papers!!!

do you want to become a thief, saraki can tutor you!!!, he studied in HAVARD!!! grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by tstx(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
Hmm
Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by AsomArchitectNG(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
Funny
Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Centcanada: 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
This government is a real mess. Fighting this man for nothing. They want to kill all the people that has truth in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by YorubaPrince: 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
Saraki, APC, PDP, Tinubu, Buhari, Obanikoro, OBJ, GEJ, Oshiomole, Fashola, Okorocha... all 9ja Politicians... May Thunder fire you all!

Vagabonds-in-power! angry

6 Likes

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Topmaike007(m): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
B4 Magu na the bushmeat, saraki na the hunter, now reverse is the case woo Magu àbí na magun enjoy jàre while it last...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by emeijeh(m): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
Saraki, who you epp?
You don serve

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by sunshineV(f): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
Maybe because you acquire the "home" with stolen funds.

Huawei y9 2019 for sale for 55k. Call 090 2135 0446

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Toks2008(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
Omase o...the great hunter has become the prey.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Bolaji25: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
I was telling a friend when Saraki lost his Re-election Bid ,that if he knows what’s best for him,He should quickly relocate abroad.Dose APC people are coming Bigtym for him!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by rightchic(f): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
EFCC why nau?

Please check my signature for your high quality Nigerian tiles.
Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by AuwalYusuf812(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
waiting you Expect before.
Re: Saraki: EFCC Wants To Seize My Ilorin Home by Amuluonyenaego: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
na now u know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soyinka, Abdulsalami Abubakar To Monitor Supreme Court Imo Review / Some Hilarious Photos Of Nigerian Politicians During Election Season / We Can Lose Every Other State But Not Lagos State - Labour Party Member (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.