Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here (18576 Views)

15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by mohadana: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2007
you went to school there?your family must have travel alot.
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by soulpatrol(f): 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2007
omoge:

do you know this songs:

muna zuwa wuri ku,

in dere ya yin,

dan meleo meleo, dan meleo nawan, meleo,

omigod i do remember that song from sec school! grin girl, why you be trying to make me feel homesick now?

damn, i can't really remember hausa songs anymore o embarassed

hey, do y'all remmeber when that singer called funmi adams was popular back in the day? she had the sweetest songs ever, like:

"ina gizon yake"  (where is gizo -spider? or sumtin like that?)

ina gizon yake
kei, koki, ina gizon yake
bai dawo ba

the music video was just hilarious. a man called gizo running from someone who he owed money or somtin, and his wife, koki was distressed because she didn't know where he was. i dont remember though grin

1 Like

Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by soulpatrol(f): 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2007
and i think the song you mentioned above, omoge was "dan mario"
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by omoge(f): 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2007
yeah guess something like that,

it goes, ina kin je ne, meleo, na je ilorin, meleo, lol then the end will be like alis alis alis, and you hold your one side of ur waist and shake to the end verse lol.

so funny. my memory is being invaded o grin grin

Soul, it's good to catch up with stuffs you know. just don't feel it too much. cuz today north i think is different.

and those Almajiris, laila do do lol
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by needeeg(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2007
Soulpat naji dadin karanta reply din ki susai!
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by YOUNGDICEs(m): 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2007
suna na hamidi ama mutane na kiran ni dice$ saboda shegen hali na ni bakassine ne.
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by soulpatrol(f): 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2007
needeeg:

Soulpat naji dadin karanta reply din ki susai!

awwww, nagode o! cheesy
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by soulpatrol(f): 11:01pm On Jun 20, 2007
hey did anyone live in kano? holla maybe we can catch up on places, events etc back then. cheesy
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by DisGuy: 12:35am On Jun 21, 2007
I did went to Crescent international School wink
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by needeeg(m): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2007
Live in kaduna Soupat cool
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by olutomiwa(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2007
yanrinyan, ina sonki,du allah du anobi ki bani duri so se,duri ya yi dadi,ki bani mona.
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by omoge(f): 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2007
ku na na a gida ne masu NL?

kari ku keshe thread wana fa. kawo hanu ku a keyboard, mu fara
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by LILDICEs: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2007
Have you ever this song call jamilou da wasila.

jamilou
kin tchi amanata wasila,kintchi amanata da maita,
wasila
jamilou jamilou na iyee jamilou ka yafai min iyee ka yafai min laifi na iyee.
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by segoye2(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2007
ku na na a gida ne masu Nairaland?

kari ku keshe thread wana fa. kawo hanu ku a keyboard, mu fara

Mun gi ki to. I na ke kike? mu yi me a de kiboard? ya gima de na so na n do min aiki na. Ama de, sa mu yi magana anjuma do min sa ni benchi yen su. Kuma ma sun chin amana n mutani a ka yin tredi, ni to, aiki na ne wei n ta ba sukachi su chi.

Matana na kira na, Tapiya za ni.
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by soulpatrol(f): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2007
this your hausa funny no be small o. tongue

sai anjuma
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by omoge(f): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2007
lady soul, na you be him mata ne? wink
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by soulpatrol(f): 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2007
no o, my sista. i been think say na greek i dey read for here, maybe his dialect is just different, or maybe na me no fit read hausa properly. grin
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by segoye2(m): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2007
Maybe the latter! grin

I grew up in the northern part of the country. and got ma degrees in Hausanchi. grin

Go and read more more, meanwhile, mata na na hanu n Allah, amade nna de wata de ana kira desorlah, mata na ke na n. grin
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by shango(m): 3:14am On Jul 26, 2007
I went to Sacred Heart in kaduna and live there over a decade

Anyone who lived there remembers Polo Club and Jacaranda. Living there was cool cuz it was so laid back, and quiet. Very unlike Lagos.
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by omoge(f): 3:23am On Jul 26, 2007
moi, kawo, Kaduna. lived around Army Ref. hospital. don't have a strong memories of it now undecided

lady soul, after them don sha burukutu and smoke kwaya, bature must talk the way others won't understand grin grin
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by segoye2(m): 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2007
Omoge dey wa ki ke ma ga na? de ni ne? grin

N ni ne, ba na sa n gi ya, ku ma ba na san sigari
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by omoge(f): 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2007
tau, na ji. sobode ba mu sani abu wande ka fada ba.

duniya duniya duniya, sai mai akuri. wada su su na de kudi, wada su ko babu.

anyone knew that song?

how abt Alalube song?

ku kara o.
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by soulpatrol(f): 11:50pm On Jul 26, 2007
omoge, abeg sing/write the alalube song. it sounds kinda familiar. oooh, i wish i was back in the north. my hausa has slowly faded since then. chei!
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by omoge(f): 12:08am On Jul 27, 2007
i can sing it but it's kind of hard to write. you know it's usually yarinyas who sing and then does some kind of throwing of a girl. how do i put it? like you have 3 girls one left, other right and 3 middle. the 4 girl will be thrown then she would fell back for the rest 3 to catch her. whilst doing all that, they will be singing alalube e the chorus is like

gogolo mata suna zuwa suna zuwa, aya baske o ilo ilo, lol i'm not sure i typed it correctly (sp?) the girl that's being thrown will dance at the chorus lol. it was soooooooooooooooo fun walahi.
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by soulpatrol(f): 12:27am On Jul 27, 2007
ha ha ha omoge. cheesy girl, ur childhood sure was fun o. i do remeber that game! used to love it. i dont recollect the songs we used to sing while doing it though. kai, my hausa memories are fading o!  embarassed

remember ten-ten? and another variation of ten-ten called "different-the same" as in 2 girls will stand facing each other, while clapping and putting their legs either together or apart while someone counts the scores (im not good at describing but most of u can remember sha) and then they sing "different/the same, different/the same, di-di, and then clap and throw the legs together or apart. cheesy

remember hop scotch? or as we call it in hausa - "el-gala-gala" or something (i think i just murdered the hausa language here, folks. forgive me) tongue
omoge, help me out here ooooooooo grin
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by omoge(f): 12:42am On Jul 27, 2007
lol the one you use your hand to draw a lovelike thing on the sandy ground, who go forget that. different, the same different, the same, hehehehe
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by omoge(f): 12:45am On Jul 27, 2007
do you remember 'so manga, so manga, maga maga' 2 people will use their hands and sing so manga manga manga, then you count number in hausa and then it becomes rapid, so fast no sing towards the end but do it soooooooooo fast to see who will fail, lol.
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by soulpatrol(f): 12:53am On Jul 27, 2007
omoge, is it the one like "my mother told me (clap-clap), that she will buy me (clap-clap) another pony (clap-clap), if i was good, good, good etc and the rest goes in hausa? na that one i remember o grin
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by shilling(f): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2008
b.u.m.p
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by shilling(f): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2008
I grew up in Bauchi and I can't speak Hausa. Aint that sad?
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by MCUsman(m): 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2008
shilling:

I grew up in Bauchi and I can't speak Hausa. Aint that sad?

Sad you ve must have wasted your time eating Bauchi Masa grin grin grin grin
Re: Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here by skywalk: 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2008
Kai MC Usman, masa? Har na ji miyu na ya tsinke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend / The Black Man: Unchained Lust And Its Wake Of Distruction / How Do You Call It In Your Mother Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.