Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Help: What Do I Need 4 Uk Student Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help: What Do I Need 4 Uk Student Visa? (1054 Views)

UK STUDENT VISA WARNING: UKBA Approved Banks For Maintenance Funds / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: What Do I Need 4 Uk Student Visa? by mystikal(m): 1:00am On May 25, 2007
hi people,
just got my letter of admission from the university of greenwich, so now i what i need get urgently is a visa
i need help as to what and what i need 2 have available b4 going to the embassy
Re: Help: What Do I Need 4 Uk Student Visa? by ArmedLion(m): 11:06am On May 25, 2007
congrats for the admission! But what kind of admission letter did you receive, i mean, for what level of education is it?
however, i want you to be aware that admission does not guarantee you a visa, so you must realise and acknowledge that this is the time for the real thing that determines whether you get the visa or not.
for you not to be disappointed, these are the basic factors that you need to prove yourself to satisfy the ECO:
   1) The admission letter (preferably giving your accommodation details) with contacts details for correspondence with the school,
   2) Satisfying Bank Statements showing your (or your sponsor's) transaction details for the last six months,
    Note: Though you'd be issued a student working visa, but yet the embassy would want to be satisfied that you're not going to be a problem or resort to the public fund once in the UK.
   3) (in some cases) Evidence of your travel arrangements-you may book a flight ticket without paying the price-
   4) Evidence of social ties and of reference in Nigeria-perhaps your parents or guardians-The embassy needs their consents-
   5) The rest are up to the impression you give during your interview.
   Goodluck!
Re: Help: What Do I Need 4 Uk Student Visa? by mystikal(m): 2:58pm On May 26, 2007
Armed-Lion:

Congrats for the admission! But what kind of admission letter did you receive, i mean, for what level of education is it?
However, i want you to be aware that admission does not guarantee you a visa, so you must realise and acknowledge that this is the time for the real thing that determines whether you get the visa or not.
For you not to be disappointed, these are the basic factors that you need to prove yourself to satisfy the ECO:
1) The admission letter (preferably giving your accommodation details) with contacts details for correspondence with the school,
2) Satisfying Bank Statements showing your (or your sponsor's) transaction details for the last six months,
Note: Though you'd be issued a student working visa, but yet the embassy would want to be satisfied that you're not going to be a problem or resort to the public fund once in the UK.
3) (in some cases) Evidence of your travel arrangements-you may book a flight ticket without paying the price-
4) Evidence of social ties and of reference in Nigeria-perhaps your parents or guardians-The embassy needs their consents-
5) The rest are up to the impression you give during your interview.
Goodluck!
thanks for your post,
its a masters prog, the admission letter is for a conditional place pending when i pay the fees, i have paid the full fees and i'm told i'll be sent the letter i'll take 2 d embassy soon.
my sponsor (MY DAD) HAS accounts in diff banks, is he supposed 2 get statements from all these banks?
is there going to be an interview? i had the impression there wasnt one.
thanks a zillilon
Re: Help: What Do I Need 4 Uk Student Visa? by Tonyees(m): 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2010
Hi everyone. As of now there are new rules to UK Student Visa (Tier 4). I am a prospective student and about applying to 2 schools in Uk. My questions are:
1) What is the implication of not sending a copy of certificate to obtain admission,
2) Can transcript be used as an alternative to certificate,
3) Is there any implication if for e.g i have an OND and a Degree, but i use the OND for admission for a Masters programme which is acceptable to the school because of my work experience of about 10yrs.
Even though i have travelled on visit to uk couple of times, do you think i have good chance in obtaining a visa provided i meet the requirements.
My intention is to obtain a Masters degree and come back home not more than a year after the end of the course.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Dependant Visa Application: Can Someone Sort Out Advice For Me / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? / The Project Of Building The First International Airport For Igbos In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.