Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law (7291 Views)

Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? / Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? / Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by Anambralstson: 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
mercyville:
I bet Anambra1stborn is still looking for Ghana 's WAEC result.Region by region. grin

Daftness caused by envy.
I don't need to sink in your stupidity, we all know why WAEC stop posting performance by states, even the statistics they released they deliberately deleted all the informations, view NBS link
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=foreign

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by mercyville: 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
Anambralstson:

I don't need to sink in your stupidity, we all know why WAEC stop posting performance by states, even the statistics they released they deliberately deleted all the informations, view NBS link
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=foreign

lol

You have reached your cul de sac.

I hate going in circles.

I will love to believe you but realities say differently.

Azikiwe wanted to rule over people(Yorubas)who were more educated than his people.It would have been better for him to help his people.

I have read a lot about Onwuka...columnist for punch.... always comparing why the Yorubas are better in Music etc.

.Chinua Achebe died praying for his Igbo people to catch up with the Yorubas.He even said you have caught up and overtaken the Yorubas.Maybe the overtaken is what prompted to post this thread in a public forum.Unfortunately for him,the table still showed that Yoruba have a larger population in the universities than his kinsmen.

Sir,if you don't compare with Yoruba in Nigeria,Africa and the world, who will you compete or compare with?

You have to catch up with your brothers and sisters in Nigeria first before going to Africa,then the world.Good luck.

These are a few achievements of the Yorubas that you must catch up with.Every one of them is to the glory of God.......

They have two Nobel Laureates.

They have won more than 10 grammy awards.

They have 5 youngest in the world phd holders.

They hace 8 CGDP 5.0 perfect score geniuses in the world.

They have the highest number of the best black mathematicians in the world with Olubummo being the best black mathematician to have written the highest number of mathematical journals in the world.

etc.

And above all.....compassion,love and modesty.
Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by Cherez: 9:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
mercyville:

I will love to believe you but realities say differently.

Azikiwe wanted to rule over people(Yorubas)who were more educated than his people.It would have been better for him to help his people.

I have read a lot about Onwuka...columnist for punch.... always comparing why the Yorubas are better in Music etc.

.Chinua Achebe died praying for his Igbo people to catch up with the Yorubas.He even said you have caught up and overtaken the Yorubas.Maybe the overtaken is what prompted to post this thread in a public forum.Unfortunately for him,the table still showed that Yoruba have a larger population in the universities than his kinsmen. grin

Sir,if you don't compare with Yoruba in Nigeria,Africa and the world, who will you compete or compare with?

You have to catch up with your brothers and sisters in Nigeria first before going to Africa,then the world.Good luck.

These are a few achievements of the Yorubas that you must catch up with.Every one of them is to the glory of God.......

They have two Nobel Laureates.

They have won more than 10 grammy awards.

They have 5 youngest in the world phd holders.

They hace 8 CGDP 5.0 perfect score geniuses in the world.

They have the highest number of the best black mathematicians in the world with Olubummo being the best black mathematician to have written the highest number of mathematical journals in the world.

etc.

And above all.....compassion,love and modesty.
smiley

You know why I stay of NL? The emotions rub people off rationale.
What's wrong with Zik wanting to rule Nigeria?
Albeit, pre civil war times, the Yorubas were not more educated than the Igbos.
Do you complain of PMB ruling over more educated people?
I had to check your profile and here is a topic you created to prove the SW is richer (https://www.nairaland.com/4802272/2017-2018-undp-poverty-rates).
You are the ones doing that and not the Igbos. The only state I have heard some Igbos compare with Lagos which is truly doing relatively better.
Anyway, let's face the points you gave;
1. 1 Nobel laureate and not 2, a very good achievement
2. Not upto 10 Grammy awards but 7 I know of
3. 5 youngest PHD holders in the world are Yorubas? Aburo, haba naaaaaa, this one na lie I beg.
Bros, the Igbos were actually on the frontlines also before the war so the catch up you believe they are doing now is actually not relative to any tribe but an absolute one to what it used to be for them.

3 Likes

Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by mercyville: 11:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
Cherez:

You know why I stay of NL? The emotions rub people off rationale.
What's wrong with Zik wanting to rule Nigeria?
Albeit, pre civil war times, the Yorubas were not more educated than the Igbos.
Do you complain of PMB ruling over more educated people?
I had to check your profile and here is a topic you created to prove the SW is richer (https://www.nairaland.com/4802272/2017-2018-undp-poverty-rates).
You are the ones doing that and not the Igbos. The only state I have heard some Igbos compare with Lagos which is truly doing relatively better.
Anyway, let's face the points you gave;
1. 1 Nobel laureate and not 2, a very good achievement
2. Not upto 10 Grammy awards but 7 I know of
3. 5 youngest PHD holders in the world are Yorubas? Aburo, haba naaaaaa, this one na lie I beg.
Bros, the Igbos were actually on the frontlines also before the war so the catch up you believe they are doing now is actually not relative to any tribe but an absolute one to what it used to be for them.
lol

Go to my first post,I specifically joined Naira land because of the continual social media attacks on the Yorubas.My first post says it all.

Yorubas have 2 Nobel Laureates....Profs. Wole Soyinka and Anthony Adegbulugbe

Do your research,it is actually about 12 gramny awards.

Yoruba actually have 6 youngest PhD holders.Here are 4 of them here...

https://www.nairaland.com/3027313/6-youngest-phd-holders-nigeria.

We also have Samuel Olamide,at 25, he became the first PhD holder in security management in Africa.

Then we have a girl whose mother is from Anambra.She married a Yoruba man from Kogi state....Motilewa Bolanle 'Chiamaka'

Igbos' first graduate was Nnamdi Azikiwe in the the 1930s while Yoruba have been producing doctors,engineers etc since late 1800.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by Nowenuse: 1:54am On Dec 02, 2019
Omoodua007:

Igbos now own rivers state loooool I will add ishekiri as Yoruba since your claiming both looool

Adding Itsekiri to Yoruba wouldn't make much difference since Itsekiris are barely 10% of Delta state. They are like 8% of the state.
Even if you add the Olukumi people, still not up to 10%.
Besides, are you aware that there are Igbo speaking people in Benue, Edo, Bayelsa and even Akwa Ibom?

Omoodua007:

We are not here for migrant groups in rivers
We mean indigenous land
You obviously did not read my reply well. Go and read it again.
If we add SE Igbo immigrant population to Rivers state, then the state would be like 70% Igbo.
I only brought in the issue of immigrant population to show how much more Igbotic Rivers state is.

1 Like

Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by Omoodua007: 7:46am On Dec 02, 2019
Nowenuse:

Adding Itsekiri to Yoruba wouldn't make much difference since Itsekiris are barely 10% of Delta state. They are like 8% of the state.
Even if you add the Olukumi people, still not up to 10%.
Besides, are you aware that there are Igbo speaking people in Benue, Edo, Bayelsa and even Akwa Ibom?

You obviously did not read my reply well. Go and read it again.
If we add SE Igbo immigrant population to Rivers state, then the state would be like 70% Igbo.
I only brought in the issue of immigrant population to show how much more Igbotic Rivers state is.

So 70% of rivers is ibo
Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by Nowenuse: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
Omoodua007:

So 70% of rivers is ibo

Very possibly, if you include all the SE settlers in PH...
PH is the largest city in the SE/SS zone with something around 4-5 million people now... SE Igbos are up to 1 million there if not more.

The only immigration that could try to neutralize SE Igbo population in PH is that of the Akwa-Ibom/Cross River people (but it cannot). These people are everywhere in PH. They could be up to 500k there is care is not taken. Then you have northerners, middlebelters & Yorubas in significant numbers.

PH is just like Asaba or let's say Asaba is a mini-PH
SE Igbos are on the verge of overuning Asaba with their immigration, however, an influx of Urhobo & Isokos from other parts of Delta state is trying to balance it up.
This is the reason Igbo is seriously struggling with Pidgin english for dominance of lingua franca. . However, Pidgin seems to be dominating Asaba & PH because the indigenous Igbos seem to prefer it to speaking Igbo, since many of them are in denial over their identity.
Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by Omoodua007: 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2019
Nowenuse:

Very possibly, if you include all the SE settlers in PH...
PH is the largest city in the SE/SS zone with something around 4-5 million people now... SE Igbos are up to 1 million there if not more.

The only immigration that could try to neutralize SE Igbo population in PH is that of the Akwa-Ibom/Cross River people (but it cannot). These people are everywhere in PH. They could be up to 500k there is care is not taken. Then you have northerners, middlebelters & Yorubas in significant numbers.

PH is just like Asaba or let's say Asaba is a mini-PH
SE Igbos are on the verge of overuning Asaba with their immigration, however, an influx of Urhobo & Isokos from other parts of Delta state is trying to balance it up.
This is the reason Igbo is seriously struggling with Pidgin english for dominance of lingua franca. . However, Pidgin seems to be dominating Asaba & PH because the indigenous Igbos seem to prefer it to speaking Igbo, since many of them are in denial over their identity.

Your delusional
Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by Kennyswagzz: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2019
No lagos? Buhahahahahaahaha
Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by Anambralstson: 9:46am On Dec 05, 2019
mercyville:

lol

Go to my first post,I specifically joined Naira land because of the continual social media attacks on the Yorubas.My first post says it all.

[s]The have 2 Nobel Laureates....Profs. Wole Soyinka and Anthony Adegbulugbe[/s]

Do your research,it is actually about 12 gramny awards.

Yoruba actually have 6 youngest PhD holders.Here are 4 of them here...

https://www.nairaland.com/3027313/6-youngest-phd-holders-nigeria.

We also have Samuel Olamide,at 25, he became the first PhD holder in security management in Africa.

Then we have a girl whose mother is from Anambra.She married a Yoruba man from Kogi state....Motilewa Bolanle 'Chiamaka'

Igbos' first graduate was Nnamdi Azikiwe in the the 1930s while Yoruba have been producing doctors,engineers etc since late 1800.
Otondo only Soyinka is a Nobel laureate, No Yoruba man or woman dead or alive that have won awards more than Chimamanda Amichi.

Olaudah Equiano Igbo man was first to receive education in Africa

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34489698

Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by Kennyswagzz: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
Anambralstson:

Otondo only Soyinka is a Nobel laureate, No Yoruba man or woman dead or alive that have won awards more than Chimamanda Amichi.

Olaudah Equiano Igbo man was first to receive education in Africa

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34489698

what useless award are you talking about? Has your adichie be able to win ordinary manbooker prize?
YORUBAS have two nobel prize.. you can check Google..
What school did equaino attend?gringrin the binis were the first people to come in contact with the whites in nigeria you scum baggringrin
Re: Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law by Jamie1111(m): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
Focus on number that graduate not number admitted

Is it not same eastern universities that used to admit above quota

UNN alone jam-packed 580 in MBBS when the quota is 180 .

same with IMSU, ABSU etc

Western Institutions regard quota a lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yabatech Registration Update [2009/2010] / Fuoye Post Utme Result Is Out / Photo:see What Dasuki Caused 400L Unilorin Statistics Students!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.