Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? (1056 Views)

Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise / Please Advice A Biochemistry Graduate / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? by Zyzman: 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
Hello Guys I will be graduating from University next year and my course of study is biochemistry. The way things are in Nigeria I have seen how irrelevant my course is in the labour market.
Guys please I need advice from everybody on what to do please. Preferably if you studied biochemistry also your advice will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? by sparkle7: 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2019
How come you knew your course was a waste of time and you continued studying it in the university?
Bro, dust your butt. Dump the certificate. Use your NYSC time to learn a digital skill ( 3 months is enough) then market them by:
1. Teaching others for a fee.
2. Freelance on any freelance platform.
3. Look for clients here on Nairaland.
So many people belittle the amount you can make here in Nairaland.
I made my first 10k from Nairalanders, legitimately.
There are lots of potential clients in Nairaland you just need to know where to find them!!
Re: What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? by Zyzman: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
sparkle7:
How come you knew your course was a waste of time and you continued studying it in the university?
Bro, dust your butt. Dump the certificate. Use your NYSC time to learn a digital skill ( 3 months is enough) then market them by:
1. Teaching others for a fee.
2. Freelance on any freelance platform.
3. Look for clients here on Nairaland.
So many people belittle the amount you can make here in Nairaland.
I made my first 10k from Nairalanders, legitimately.
There are lots of potential clients in Nairaland you just need to know where to find them!!

Digital skills. which of the digital skills is easy to learn and get paid easily bro.
Re: What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? by sparkle7: 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2019
Zyzman:

Digital skills. which of the digital skills is easy to learn and get paid easily bro.
Nothing is easy bro.
But then you can try out:
1. Graphics design: this one is easy to grasp. Just get a good PC of about 4gb RAM. Go to any software shop near you and buy the adobe master collection. Learn adobe Photoshop there with the help of YouTube.
2. Animation/3d Modeing: people pay heavily for a nice 2 minutes 3d animation, so you can check this out. The learning curve is quite deep but it is worth it. You can use adobe animate for this or Blender.
3. Video editing: this one is really nice especially for freelancers. The downside is that you need much of data to download video files that may be 1 hour long if you land a job. Adobe Premiere Pro is the beat software for the job.
4. MS suite: this includes ms word, excel, PowerPoint and the rest. Some people find it hard to format books. If you know how to add page numbers, sections, TOC and the rest of those seemingly simple stuffs then you can get some jobs to execute on freelance platforms.
5. WordPress web design: This entails designing and building from bottom up a website with the help of the most popular CMS WordPress. You should know how to buy a domain name, purchase a hosting, installation of WordPress and adding an SSL certificate to it. It is relatively simple if you get the hang of it. You should also know your way around WordPress dashboard, theme installation and plugins. I know of a guy who builds website for people with just this method and he charges 30k and above. Something that the total cost won't even be upto 8k.
6. Digital marketing: Facebook ads is king! Be sure you have little cash to test drive and know your way around the complex Facebook ads panel. If you do this well, you can rake in millions from it. Provided that your ads converts well. Be warned that you can also lose millions if you don't have the idea on how to run an effective ads campaign.
7. Lastly, Programming: I added this to the end of the list for a reason. Programming takes time to master. It is not like any other skill I highlighted above that might take you 2 - 3 months to learn. It is more like a career than a side hustle. So be ready to give it your all for at least 6 months to be able to build something tangible. If I should recommend then you can go with web development. Use JavaScript fully for this. First start with HTML then CSS down to JavaScript. And stop! Immerse yourself fully in JavaScript and you will never go broke again. The next big paying niche is mobile development. Use java for this. Be notified that IOS developers are very rare, so if you can grasp swift for iOS app development, then you are sitting on a gold mine. Mobile dev most times get paid twice the salary of web devs.
Sorry if I could not be elaborate enough.
My 2 cents.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? by sladimeji(m): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
I am in your shoes... I just concluded my B. tech programme. I finished with second class upper in Agricultural economics and extension.. now I feel totally useless , I just sit around all day doing nothing.. I even tried to find a job to make little cash to prepare for nysc but my effort has been fruitless..I was only offered 12k for an 8-6 job... I don't know what else to do
Re: What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? by Zyzman: 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
sparkle7:

Nothing is easy bro.
1. Graphics design: this one is easy to grasp. Just get a good PC of about 4gb RAM. Go to any software shop near you and buy the adobe master collection. Learn adobe Photoshop there with the help of YouTube.
2. Animation/3d Modeing: people pay heavily for a nice 2 minutes 3d animation, so you can check this out. The learning curve is quite deep but it is worth it. You can use adobe animate for this or Blender.
3. Video editing: this one is really nice especially for freelancers. The downside is that you need much of data to download video files that may be 1 hour long if you land a job. Adobe Premiere Pro is the beat software for the job.
4. MS suite: this includes ms word, excel, PowerPoint and the rest. Some people find it hard to format books. If you know how to add page numbers, sections, TOC and the rest of those seemingly simple stuffs then you can get some jobs to execute on freelance platforms.
5. WordPress web design: This entails designing and building from bottom up a website with the help of the most popular CMS WordPress. You should know how to buy a domain name, purchase a hosting, installation of WordPress and adding an SSL certificate to it. It is relatively simple if you get the hang of it. You should also know your way around WordPress dashboard, theme installation and plugins. I know of a guy who builds website for people with just this method and he charges 30k and above. Something that the total cost won't even be upto 8k.
6. Digital marketing: Facebook ads is king! Be sure you have little cash to test drive and know your way around the complex Facebook ads panel. If you do this well, you can rake in millions from it. Provided that your ads converts well. Be warned that you can also lose millions if you don't have the idea on how to run an effective ads campaign.
7. Lastly, Programming: I added this to the end of the list for a reason. Programming takes time to master. It is not like any other skill I highlighted above that might take you 2 - 3 months to learn. It is more like a career than a side hustle. So be ready to give it your all for at least 6 months to be able to build something tangible. If I should recommend then you can go with web development. Use JavaScript fully for this. First start with HTML then CSS down to JavaScript. And stop! Immerse yourself fully in JavaScript and you will never go broke again. The next big paying niche is mobile development. Use java for this. Be notified that IOS developers are very rare, so if you can grasp swift for iOS app development, then you are sitting on a gold mine. Mobile dev most times get paid twice the salary of web devs.
My 2 cents.

Thank you so much brother I really appreciate it.
Re: What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? by Zyzman: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2019
sladimeji:
I am in your shoes... I just concluded my B. tech programme. I finished with second class upper in Agricultural economics and extension.. now I feel totally useless , I just sit around all day doing nothing.. I even tried to find a job to make little cash to prepare for nysc but my effort has been fruitless..I was only offered 12k for an 8-6 job... I don't know what else to do

Bro God Got us all. I pray ways open for everyone.
Re: What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? by OYENIYIJK: 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
sparkle7:

Nothing is easy bro.
My 2 cents.
Sir, I have been going through one out of this but I think of given one a trial but they are asking for PayPal and Nigeria is restricted from this. So how will I go with this?
Re: What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? by OnlineWell(m): 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

Sir, I have been going through one out of this but I think of given one a trial but they are asking for PayPal and Nigeria is restricted from this. So how will I go with this?
Create a Lesotho PayPal account
Re: What's The Next Step For A Biochemistry Graduate (2.1)??????? by OYENIYIJK: 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
sparkle7:

Nothing is easy bro.
My 2 cents.
Con you be my mentor sir

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Create An Approved And Working Clickbank Account In Nigeria In 2021? / Answer To Interview Questions / How To Successfully Brand Yourself In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.