Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices (7385 Views)

Do People Really Fall For These Scams? / Universal Charger: Do People Still Use This? / Why Do People Buy & Sell Old Social Media Accounts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:19pm On Dec 01, 2019
I am just going to follow this thread.
But op, can you provide evidence regarding tecno paying ambassadors to publicise a lie to the public?
If you can't, please edit your post and remove the unverified claims. I encourage the truth and facts as much as possible, irrespective of my stand on the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 02, 2019
nuelzy:
This is one of the thing i love about NL..

Enlightenment!

Imagine me saving up raw cash to buy infinix s5 shit... And i just decide to scan through the phone section... And boom!

Xiaomi warriors came hitting! .. They were so brutal on transion company and their crappy phones..i almost peed laughing grin

I was like Wo!!,.... Nuel, u have been living in a rock!

I read/watched reviews of some xiaomi products... And that of huawei and samsung A series.. Even oppo..

In short i learnt what specification entailed right here... I learnt about processors and what it does..

I learnt about the unchangeable helio p22 stuff grin.. How shitty it is... And hw transion refused to upgrade from it...

I learnt xiaomi is pronounced as "shayomi" not "zayomi".. If u laugh.. I kill ugrin

I really learnt a great deal about phones that i never knew... And even though i'm typing this from a leaking battery tecno phone that i will soon change...

It feels good to say that i am liberated!!.. God punish the days i wasted my hard earned cash on transion devices.. Even Though i am yet to feel the awesomeness of better devices with good specs...

Pls.. Any ignorant dumbo like me .. Ok wait* i'm woke now... grin
In short everyone should run from tecno/infinix and itel..

Getting samsung A70 next week... I need to feel real good biko.
instead of buying a 70, it's better you buy shayomi note 10. You are yet still don't know alot about phones. People quote me to help them buy phones. And you're lucky I saw your post. Don't buy any Samsung midrange unless you want to suffer and waste money over nothing. Those guys are selling their product based on their company names and it not value for money compared to other products like shayomi grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by drjprince: 1:54am On Dec 02, 2019
Chuksteric:
it's a new month!!! Hope you've been paid
cheesy cheesy you will not leave him alone
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2019
drjprince:
cheesy cheesy you will not leave him alone
lol someone was asking me to prove that Tecno employed marketers grin grin
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Andywhty(m): 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wrong decision man, check for one of the OPPO's recent phones. you thank me later
nuelzy:
This is one of the thing i love about NL..

Enlightenment!

Imagine me saving up raw cash to buy infinix s5 shit... And i just decide to scan through the phone section... And boom!

Xiaomi warriors came hitting! .. They were so brutal on transion company and their crappy phones..i almost peed laughing grin

I was like Wo!!,.... Nuel, u have been living in a rock!

I read/watched reviews of some xiaomi products... And that of huawei and samsung A series.. Even oppo..

In short i learnt what specification entailed right here... I learnt about processors and what it does..

I learnt about the unchangeable helio p22 stuff grin.. How shitty it is... And hw transion refused to upgrade from it...

I learnt xiaomi is pronounced as "shayomi" not "zayomi".. If u laugh.. I kill ugrin

I really learnt a great deal about phones that i never knew... And even though i'm typing this from a leaking battery tecno phone that i will soon change...

It feels good to say that i am liberated!!.. God punish the days i wasted my hard earned cash on transion devices.. Even Though i am yet to feel the awesomeness of better devices with good specs...

Pls.. Any ignorant dumbo like me .. Ok wait* i'm woke now... grin
In short everyone should run from tecno/infinix and itel..

Getting samsung A70 next week... I need to feel real good biko.
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Mohbola(f): 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2019
They should keep hating them, they're still making sales

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2019
Mohbola:
which of the facts stated isn't true
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by lanre316: 7:18am On Dec 03, 2019
Mohbola:

Tecno marketer spotted. God bless his hussle. Man must work, abi?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2019
lanre316:

Tecno marketer spotted. God bless his hussle. Man must work, abi?
Amen grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by MrBONE2(m): 7:48am On Dec 03, 2019
CHESTER48:
instead of buying a 70, it's better you buy shayomi note 10. You are yet still don't know alot about phones. People quote me to help them buy phones. And you're lucky I saw your post. Don't buy any Samsung midrange unless you want to suffer and waste money over nothing. Those guys are selling their product based on their company names and it not value for money compared to other products like shayomi grin
grin

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by jojothaiv(m): 7:56am On Dec 03, 2019
kingxsamz:
I hope you all know the epistle above also applies to Infinix?
iTel inclusive.
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 11:26pm On Dec 03, 2019
jojothaiv:

iTel inclusive.
they're all the same
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Captiveportal: 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
Chuksteric:
it's a new month!!! Hope you've been paid
finishing grin grin
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by MrSix: 5:16am On Dec 04, 2019
edoairways:
Tecno is considering cost hence their nonchalant attitude. Many Nigerians are price sensitive hence they keep producing low quality products.
Cost? No...that's not the excuse.

Products like Umigidi and LeEco and even Doogee have phones that are way better than Tecno and Infinix devices and they go for less relative to their quality. On the contrary, Tecno and Infinix devices are scraps but are sold for high prices. It is simply about the market situation...the monopoly. Should they face competition, they'd stop this nonsense they're doing.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by edoairways: 6:59am On Dec 04, 2019
MrSix:

Cost? No...that's not the excuse.

Products like Umigidi and LeEco and even Doogee have phones that are way better than Tecno and Infinix devices and they go for less relative to their quality. On the contrary, Tecno and Infinix devices are scraps but are sold for high prices. It is simply about the market situation...the monopoly. Should they face competition, they'd stop this nonsense they're doing.
Like I said earlier, tecno and infinix consider cost because Nigerians are price sensitive. The aforementioned phones highlighted by you still find it difficult to sell because of the 4P's of marketing

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by MrSix: 7:29am On Dec 04, 2019
edoairways:

Like I said earlier, tecno and infinix consider cost because Nigerians are price sensitive. The aforementioned phones highlighted by you still find it difficult to sell because of the 4P's of marketing

Stop using "cost" in your statement. Those phones I mentioned are way too cheap for what they carry. This is contrary to the scraps from Tecno and Infinix with insane prices.

Umigidi A3 Pro would have been sold for 50k if it were a Tecno device. That's a phone that even beats your shitty camon 11.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by edoairways: 9:13am On Dec 04, 2019
MrSix:

Stop using "cost" in your statement. Those phones I mentioned are way too cheap for what they carry. This is contrary to the scraps from Tecno and Infinix with insane prices.

Umigidi A3 Pro would have been sold for 50k if it were a Tecno device. That's a phone that even beats your shitty camon 11.
Then why is your so called Umigidi still stagnant in Nigeria market?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by MrSix: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2019
edoairways:

*Ignorance
*Availability of parts
*Customer care

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:07am On Dec 04, 2019
edoairways:

Just like xiaomi was before the last few months. Umidigi is currently testing the Nigeria mobile market acceptance for it's product through online sales. Umidigi is an international brand and are currently focused on entering Europe, to gain more recognition so as to drive sales and innovative advancement. When these are archived, Africa; Nigeria is next.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Starkid3010(m): 10:21am On Dec 04, 2019
Chuksteric:
Tecno and infinix are phone manufacturers under the transion brand. They are one of the reasons many users were able to get smartphones. People had doubts about the brand at first, but it was later accepted because of the cost-effectiveness back then. The Tecno n3 was my first and it was a great product as at the time when it was introduced to the market. It rivalled most midrange phones during its time. My Tecno n3 is still very much alive, though it struggles to meet up.

Where did Tecno get it all wrong?

Tecno grew as a brand and had all the bragging rights. The smartphone market was getting tough, but they had won the hearts of the people. Tecno H6 was a beautiful device. I rocked the device so well. It satisfied my every need. It had custom ROM support back then as I toggled between a lot. However, the phone wasn't durable and this was when Tecno started failing. Their phones henceforth were not durable.

Tecno has refused to improve- Tecno refused to improve their products. The camon c8 then was a good example when everyone was switching to 2 GB ram, Tecno stayed and kept on dishing the 1 GB ram. The camon c8 was a failure. Their claims of value for money is a total lie. This can be seen when they sold the Camon CX for a whopping 75000 Naira. People still bought the product because of the aggressive marketing and that's probably my worst smartphone mistake

The poor OS and poor software development and updates - Tecno has been so comfortable and has refused to update its devices. They introduced hiOS with the boom j8. This is evident in the lack of software support their devices receive. In the last year due to serious competition in the market, they have pushed so much advertisement to their devices and you can tell that it affects the fluidity of the devices. Tecno has only attempted to update two of their phones which is the Camon c8 that never passed the beta release. I had to go back to the previous version which was also very terrible and the phantom 6 which had bugs with no updates or follow up till date.

Setting wrong priorities - The brand specializes in paying YouTubers to give positive Reviews. So almost all reviews online are not totally true. The brand pays online marketers to suggest their phones on almost every social media platform. Facebook, Nairaland and they even go to the extent of paying influencers to trend their products on twitter. They pay heavily to get celebrities to endorse their products. This affects the quality of the products. The camon (X, C11, c12) have the same processors. There is no difference in the products. The only difference is the shape and design! No improvement whatsoever! This is beginning to tell as strong criticism in the last months has reached the top echelon. The company is losing its credibility.

Whilst investing in marketing may be good, improving the quality of the product more important. Tecno has long stopped giving value for money
https://thestericadventure..com/2019/11/reasons-to-leave-tecno-bandwagon.html
pleasw what do you to say of camon 12 pro I just want to buy the phone
Hope I won't make huge mistake
The phone has good specs
Amoled 6gb and 64gb or whicj phone can you recommend
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Starkid3010(m): 10:22am On Dec 04, 2019
MrBONE2:

Well said grin

let those who have ears clean them and hear well grin
which phone can I buy with 60k
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 11:00am On Dec 04, 2019
Starkid3010:
pleasw what do you to say of camon 12 pro I just want to buy the phone
Hope I won't make huge mistake
The phone has good specs
Amoled 6gb and 64gb or whicj phone can you recommend
I won't advice you to buy it .. mi a3 , rn8 , Samsung a30 are Better choices
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by MrBONE2(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2019
Starkid3010:
which phone can I buy with 60k

Xiaomi mi a 3
XIAOMI redme note7 3GB\32GB
Xiaomi note 8
Realme 5s
Samsung galaxy a20s
Samsung galaxy a20

but emmmm The Remaining change give me as Xmas GIFT grin
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Starkid3010(m): 11:06am On Dec 04, 2019
Chuksteric:
I won't advice you to buy it .. mi a3 , rn8 , Samsung a30 are Better choices
ok thanks bro I will check them and get back to you
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Starkid3010(m): 11:07am On Dec 04, 2019
MrBONE2:

Xiaomi mi a 3
XIAOMI redme note7 3GB\32GB
Xiaomi note 8
Realme 5s
Samsung galaxy a20s
Samsung galaxy a20

but emmmm The Remaining change give me as Xmas GIFT grin
thanks but I want that of 4/6gb and 64gb sir
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by OHIsIManuEL(m): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Starkid3010:
thanks but I want that of 4/6gb and 64gb sir
You can get redmi note 8, 64/4gb 63k
Nokia x6, 64/6gb for around 50k
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by edoairways: 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
MrSix:

*Ignorance
*Availability of parts
*Customer care
Is the picture quality clear even at night?
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by SofttBae: 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
Whether you hate the phone or not, it won't stop people from buying it. Everyone with their preference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Starkid3010(m): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
CHESTER48:
which phone can I buy with 60k or 60-65k
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by MrSix: 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
edoairways:

Is the picture quality clear even at night?
Yo...
My LeEco is cool especially with GCAM
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Chuksteric(m): 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2019
SofttBae:
Whether you hate the phone or not, it won't stop people from buying it. Everyone with their preference.
What point listed isn't true? Stop bringing emotional sentiments
Re: Why Do People Hate Tecno Devices by Annibiteye: 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2019
Realboygenius:
At the end people only hate tecno online. People buy Tecno phones every single day in Ikeja.
Yes o
It's a fact that more people buys Tecno and itel android phones than any other type of Android.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Mobile Games On Your China Phone / One Of The Gadgets I Use During Self-lockdown #staysafe / Tecno P6 Reviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.