Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu (45789 Views)

Obasanjo: What Boko Haram Members Told Me When We Met In 2011 / How Buhari’s Emissaries Met Sowore In Detention - Premium Times / We Met Akpabio 20 Times To Stop His Defection- Enoidem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by 9jakool: 10:00am On Dec 01, 2019
Basher8583:

Good for you. Believe what you must.. no one cares. Sowore is still languishing in detention solely based on his youthful stubbornness.

So youthful stubbornness is now a punishable crime under Buhari's administration? Has your life improved under Buhari? Are the roads in your area good? Do you have stable electricity?

6 Likes

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by Realroy: 10:00am On Dec 01, 2019
edlion57:
I would have said that APC has destroyed the freedom we once enjoyed in this country but the fear of the them tagging my personal expression as hate speech will not allow me
hate thought
Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by ZooOga: 10:02am On Dec 01, 2019
The media community needs to do what's needed. Dem wanna talk but not put up the N50m and deeds to their Abuja properties. wink

>>Speaking on what led to the meeting, Shehu said the idea came from the media community to intercede for Sowore, being one of theirs.

Judge: I’m concerned no one is willing to be Sowore’s surety

October 21 16:02

Ijeoma Ojukwu, the judge presiding over the case of Omoyele Sowore,convener of #RevolutionNow Movement, says she is concerned that the activist has not meet the bail conditions granted to him.

While ruling on the application for variation of the bail conditions on Monday, Ojukwu said: “Considering the pedigree of the first defendant as observed in his application, it is rather unfortunate that no one is willing to stand as his surety on those terms.

“On the other hand, it creates an assumption that despite the pedigree of the first defendant, none of his best associates is willing to stand for him. This poses a cause for concern.”

She explained that bail sum is not required to be deposited but when a court makes an order for security, the secure money is later returned to the owner (surety).

The activist has been in custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) since August 3 when he was arrested in Lagos.

Femi Falana, Sowore’s counsel, had approached the court seeking a variation to the previous bail conditions which he said could not be met.

Ojukwu reviewed Sowore’s bail conditions and set aside the previous order which directed one of Sowore’s surety to deposit N50m.

She also reduced the bail sum of Olawale Bakare, the second defendant, to N30m instead of the initial N50m.

However, she refused to vary all the other conditions for bail.

Among the other conditions of the for bail are two sureties who must be resident in Abuja and have landed properties within the federal capital territory (FCT).

The court had held that the sureties must deposit original documents of those properties in the court registry.

The judge barred him from travelling outside Abuja and also stopped him from addressing any rally.

https://www.thecable.ng/judge-im-concerned-that-no-one-is-willing-to-stand-as-sowores-surety
Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by badoh(m): 10:04am On Dec 01, 2019
This govt now realise disobeying court judgement is now becoming an embarrassment in the eye of the international community. How could you be deciding which court order to obey and which not to obey. He should not forget people voted him to bring the much needed change and strengthen our democratic process. In a saner climes, protest against govt policies are allowed as long as it is peaceful. In Nigeria, even if you decide to go on peaceful protest, the security agencies will make it unpeaceful by firing teargas and live bullet. What we are practicing in Nigeria is not democracy but milito- democracy. When will fundamental human right of citizens be respected in this country?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by sencekompis: 10:04am On Dec 01, 2019
BlackfireX:
He will rot in jail....and forgotten.

He is a nuisance,trying to disturb this government of buhari.

Hausa Fulani COW brain, we have nothing in common

4 Likes

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by crownwealth: 10:06am On Dec 01, 2019
[s]
contigiency:

Can you please tell us the one that is the truth? Since you seem to know the actual thing that happened.
[/s]
Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by unbitchable(m): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2019
onatisi:
i look and laugh .
those who were alive during the abacha regime , will already have seen the traits in this government
it is with deep pity and regret that i just have to say it that sowore is in for a very very long vacation with the dss
he walked straight into a trap.
and the sooner the masses starts turning their brains on and start thinking properly and learning from the mistakes of the past the better
even if buhari leaves power in 2023 which is still in the balance anyway , there is no sure guaranty that the person apc and buhari will install in 2023 will even release sowore , it is a gloomy picture but it is what it is .
nnamdi kanu was very very smart and didnt present himself as a willing scapegoat for buhari to use
all the punishment kanu ran away and escaped from , it is sowore that will serve it out AND NOONE ,ABSOLUTELY NO ONE WILL HAVE THE GUTS TO PLEAD WITH BUHARI FACE TO FACE TO RELEASE SOWORE , NO ONE
Ogbeni ipob, calm down.
Nobody can plead with Buhari bla bla bla. Why is Buhari sending his emissaries to go plead with Sowore to end his protest?. You forgot that before you were born, the Man, Sowore had stood off military dictatorship. He's been to detention many times and back. He doesn't give a hoot what lily-livered like you say behind your keypads.
To hell with Nnamdi kanu, a coward who ran away with his tail in between his legs unlike Sowore who is staring Buhari in the face.

5 Likes

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by tiredoflife(m): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2019
leofab:
I Wonder how these dimwits sleep at night

Read to understand
Dont read to comment

He said they met him before he was taken to court

1 Like

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by YorubaPrince: 10:08am On Dec 01, 2019
BlackfireX:
He will rot in jail....and forgotten.

He is a nuisance,trying to disturb this government of buhari.

IPOB Fool on the loose! angry

1 Like

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by CreekCommando: 10:10am On Dec 01, 2019
edlion57:
I would have said that APC has destroyed the freedom we once enjoyed in this country but the fear of the them tagging my personal expression as hate speech will not allow me
You have been caged already with the HATE SPEECH BILL. No escape! With the hate speech bill, the Barbarian you supported in 2015 will reintroduce RUGA and THIRD TERM AGENDA and everyone will be so scared to talk. The Judiciary, Legislature and Security agencies are all controlled by his relatives. Many black people are stupidly blind to not see the future but some people saw this coming and were told THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND NIGERIA POLITICS. See where those who understand nigeria politics put us. Let's enjoy it oh..DON'T COMPLAIN FA...!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by princetom1(m): 10:11am On Dec 01, 2019
OVIHINNO:
my brother are you in this country at all? Or do you event read? Cos you ignorantly or dubiously sound off tune. For your information, those bail conditions have long been met

Don't waste ur time on E-diots

1 Like

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by KanuSE: 10:11am On Dec 01, 2019
[s]
onatisi:

Buhari wont release him, no need raising peoples hopes, buhari wont make the same mistake twice , he considered kanu bail as a mistake and he wont do it twice . what many dont know is that buhari takes political issues personal , kanu called for civil disobedience ,he said he was going to shut down the nation , he said he was in league with the shiites ,ipob and other groups to shut down the nation ,the PRESIDENT connsiders that as a personal insult and challenge , now he is showing sowore who is the boss
NO MILITARY LEADER OR A PRESIDENT WITH MILITARY BACKGROUND WILL TAKE THOSE WORDS AND THREATS WITH LEVITY .

SECONDLY buhari has been looking for a scapegoat to use as an example for the opposition both within his party and outside his party to see how he will deal with anyone who challenges him , sowore presented himself as a willing sacrifice and even both airline ticket and flew for hours down to nigeria to give himself over to buhari . may God never allow us to use our own hard earned money to destroy ourselves

thirdly, kanu ran away and absconded , trust me if they got kanu the day his house was raided , most probably by now he may have been killed , he saw how ruthless buhari was , ran away and even stayed underground for close to 5 months before even showing himself, he knows how ruthless dss and buhari can be because he has been there before . by the time sowore is released in future, he would have become very gentle and will just retire from politics quietly. His supporters should start sending him x mas hampers and chocolates for xmas .
by xmas time he will know the exact centimeters measurement of his detention room
[/s]

With this mindset, it will be difficult for you to escape the servitude Nigeria has put you in.

1 Like

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by BlackfireX: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2019
YorubaPrince:

IPOB Fool on the loose! angry

Ipob miscreants trying to impress..
Sowore is from ijaw, he is not Yoruba

Ipob fool
Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by Georgry(m): 10:13am On Dec 01, 2019
post=84518220:

Again, RUMOURS are spread by fools and accepted by idiots

So just 3 people in Nigeria cannot stand as surety for Sowore for almost 2 months now?!
His people realy do love him o!

Walking on your head!

One very foolish thing about you is that you never commented on the earlier post regarding this matter, according to his lawyer, his bail condition has been perfected and the latest weird reason for DSS refusal to release him is either because there was no one to pick him up and that he might be knocked down by a car if eventually released.. As stupid as you might want to sound, even DSS never deny the fact that he met bail condition... Does supporting Buhari compels you to sacrifice your brain and logical reasoning?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by CoolAmbience(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2019
crownwealth:
Fraudulent liars!

Let them be...is it your lies?

You want them to shrink and die abi?

People wey get common bank, telecom or oil company work dey fresh, e come be president and vice president.

You know wetin be president sef?

Make I summarize am for you....after God na Buhari for Nigeria.

Nor let hate kill you sha.
Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by Basher8583: 10:15am On Dec 01, 2019
9jakool:

So youthful stubbornness is now a punishable crime under Buhari's administration? Has your life improved under Buhari? Are the roads in your area good? Do you have stable electricity?

YES it's a crime if you use it for treasonable felony..........
I don't know where you live but power's constant at my residence but ofcuz I have a prepaid metre to manage my consumption.

1 Like

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by CoolAmbience(m): 10:16am On Dec 01, 2019
Basher8583:

YES it's a crime if you use it for treasonable felony..........
I don't know where you live but power's constant at my residence but ofcuz I have a prepaid metre to manage my consumption.

Abeg, ignore that guy, e nor too well.
Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by princetom1(m): 10:17am On Dec 01, 2019
ZooOga:
The media community needs to do what's needed. Dem wanna talk but not put up the N50m and deeds to their Abuja properties. wink

>>Speaking on what led to the meeting, Shehu said the idea came from the media community to intercede for Sowore, being one of theirs.

Judge: I’m concerned no one is willing to be Sowore’s surety

October 21 16:02

Ijeoma Ojukwu, the judge presiding over the case of Omoyele Sowore,convener of #RevolutionNow Movement, says she is concerned that the activist has not meet the bail conditions granted to him.

While ruling on the application for variation of the bail conditions on Monday, Ojukwu said: “Considering the pedigree of the first defendant as observed in his application, it is rather unfortunate that no one is willing to stand as his surety on those terms.

“On the other hand, it creates an assumption that despite the pedigree of the first defendant, none of his best associates is willing to stand for him. This poses a cause for concern.”

She explained that bail sum is not required to be deposited but when a court makes an order for security, the secure money is later returned to the owner (surety).

The activist has been in custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) since August 3 when he was arrested in Lagos.

Femi Falana, Sowore’s counsel, had approached the court seeking a variation to the previous bail conditions which he said could not be met.

Ojukwu reviewed Sowore’s bail conditions and set aside the previous order which directed one of Sowore’s surety to deposit N50m.

She also reduced the bail sum of Olawale Bakare, the second defendant, to N30m instead of the initial N50m.

However, she refused to vary all the other conditions for bail.

Among the other conditions of the for bail are two sureties who must be resident in Abuja and have landed properties within the federal capital territory (FCT).

The court had held that the sureties must deposit original documents of those properties in the court registry.

The judge barred him from travelling outside Abuja and also stopped him from addressing any rally.

https://www.thecable.ng/judge-im-concerned-that-no-one-is-willing-to-stand-as-sowores-surety

Since when the mouth piece of buhari becomes the media? Will the court order sowore release if he didn't meet bail conditions?
Use ur head pls

For ur info, below is the court order to release sowore after meeting all bail conditions (i must also add that sowore refused countless people as sureties)....

2 Likes

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by Basher8583: 10:17am On Dec 01, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Abeg, ignore that guy, e nor too well.

Yes baba. Noted
Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by KanuSE: 10:17am On Dec 01, 2019
badoh:
This govt now realise disobeying court judgement is now becoming an embarrassment in the eye of the international community. How could you be deciding which court order to obey and which not to obey. He should not forget people voted him to bring the much needed change and strengthen our democratic process. In a saner climes, protest against govt policies are allowed as long as it is peaceful. In Nigeria, even if you decide to go on peaceful protest, the security agencies will make it unpeaceful by firing teargas and live bullet. What we are practicing in Nigeria is not democracy but milito- democracy. When will fundamental human right of citizens be respected in this country?

When y'all stop voting thieves and murderers into public offices.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by Deandean: 10:19am On Dec 01, 2019
The longer they keep him the the greater attention they buy him even from the international community , the louder his voice, the stronger he bonds with d ppl...Usa is battling impeachment....just wait till d dust settles,d way sanctions would start flyin in now,even china would deny you.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by crownwealth: 10:23am On Dec 01, 2019
[s]
CoolAmbience:

Let them be...is it your lies?

You want them to shrink and die abi?

People wey get common bank, telecom or oil company work dey fresh, e come be president and vice president.

You know wetin be president sef?

Make I summarize am for you....after God na Buhari for Nigeria.

Nor let hate kill you sha.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2019
Pls i need 100 naira card, 08082189952 airtel, pls i just need to call.
Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by jibrilELsudan: 10:27am On Dec 01, 2019
I BELIEVE THIS STORY AND ALL THOSE SAYING BUHARI SENT THEM TO GO BEG SOWORE ARE INDEED VERY DAFT.

WHY IN KUKUNASE SAKES WILL BUHARI SEND PEOPLE TO GO AND BEG SOWORE? IS SOWORE GOD?

BUHARI CAN KILL SOWORE NOW NOW AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN AND LIFE WILL GO ON LIKE HE NEVER EXISTED.

1 Like

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by Jaapu: 10:30am On Dec 01, 2019
englishmart:
Garba Shehu should tell us why he visited Sowore. That incoherent BALDERDASH he put up there leaves nothing to desire

Unless he said what you want to hear. You won't still believe even if they sacrificed all the men in your lineage to you.
Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 01, 2019
Georgry:

One very foolish thing about you is that you never commented on the earlier post regarding this matter, according to his lawyer, his bail condition has been perfected and the latest weird reason for DSS refusal to release him is either because there was no one to pick him up and that he might be knocked down by a car if eventually released.. As stupid as you might want to sound, even DSS never deny the fact that he met bail condition... Does supporting Buhari compels you to sacrifice your brain and logical reasoning?

grin grin grin best comment ever. That guy is just something else. Seriously
Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by ernieboy(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2019
my respect for sowore has increased to a whole new level, very few Nigerians can demonstrate this kind of strength in the face of political oppression and subjugation.aluta continue bro. respect.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by ernieboy(m): 10:36am On Dec 01, 2019
Buharimustgo:

Which Hero? He has partaken of his own share of the bitter Cup.
it is people like u that meke some argue that no should ever pay heed to Nigerians s they groan under the weight of their political oppressors, and to some extent I agree with them.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by chiron(m): 10:38am On Dec 01, 2019
IamPatriotic:
Presidential spokesperson, Mr Garba Shehu, on Saturday night gave an account of what led to a meeting with detained activist, Omoyele Sowore, and some personalities allegedly to discuss his freedom.

An online medium, Premium Times, had named Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina; Isa Funtua; ThisDay Publisher, Nduka Ogbaibena; and Shehu among a team that went to meet with Sowore at the Department of State Services headquarters in Abuja allegedly on behalf of President Muhammadu Buhari to negotiate his release.

The publication said it found out Buhari sent teams to Sowore to pressure him to give up his struggles in defiance to court orders asking the DSS to release him on bail.

Speaking on what led to the meeting, Shehu said the idea came from the media community to intercede for Sowore, being one of theirs.

The presidential spokesperson said the meeting took place about the time the convener of the #RevolutionNow protests was arrested in August, adding that Sowore had yet to be charged to court at the time.

Shehu stated that the meeting was neither arranged by Buhari nor held on his behalf by the persons who met with Sowore.

“Yes, the leadership of the media community asked to see Sowore and they were allowed to meet him.

“Their reasoning is that although he acted as a politician, the fact that he came from the media imposed a responsibility on them to intercede for him. It had nothing to do with President Buhari.”

On the date of the meeting and what was discussed, he said, “This was very early after his arrest. He hadn’t been charged as of that time.

“Sowore was pleased to receive us. All our leaders asked him to do was, operate within the law. He promised cooperation. He said that his lawyer needed to be talked to. And I am aware that his lawyer had been met.’’

https://punchng.com/why-we-met-sowore-presidential-spokesperson/amp/#click=https:///3jyNRikxSZ

Why TF is "Isa Funtua" there?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by ZooOga: 10:39am On Dec 01, 2019
princetom1:

Since when the mouth piece of buhari becomes the media? Will the court order sowore release if he didn't meet bail conditions?
Use ur head pls

For ur info, below is the court order to release sowore after meeting all bail conditions (i must also add that sowore refused countless people as sureties)....

man if u don't get that low budget release order out of here. cheesy
let me help u out.

Sowore: DSS Lied, I Personally Served Them The Court Order – Falana

https://quickgetpay.com.ng/article/37548/sowore-dss-lied-i-personally-served-them-the-court-order-falana/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10294505_img20190927003446_jpeg90db504edb5d23f7bc468266e128780c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10294506_img20190927003448_jpeg14120caee73d6183a4cb9e32992d25e6

1 Like

Re: Why We Met Sowore — Garba Shehu by jamace(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2019
Saheed9:
So it’s true
Very true o.

Supposing lies equate to good governance, Nigeria would have been among the wealthiest and most powerful countries in the world within this APC reign.

The way APC tell lies can wake a dead man from the grave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Crowd That Welcomed President Buhari In Adamawa Today (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Working For Boko Haram – Falae / Lekki Shootings: Frank Edoho "Osinbajo’s Comments Disappointing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.