Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year (12140 Views)

Cooking Gas Price Increases By 61% / Inflation Increases By 11.37% In April 2019; 0.12% Higher Than March 2019 Rate / Oil Prices Dip By 2.5% Amid U.S. Inventory Data Concerns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by tsephanyah(f): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2019
smiley Thank
Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by seunlayi(m): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2019
We Don enter
Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by Kennitrust(m): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2019
Can we recuse Nigeria before she collapse completely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by aimuan(m): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2019
Simplyleo:
Okay.

But if prices of imported petroleum products must be regulated, government intervention to cushion the effects of increased prices is inevitable, hence the subsidy. Without subsidy, the prices will soar.

Las las, nothing for online trolls. grin
why are we importing fuel when we are the six largest producer of oil?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by Alexgeneration(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
Simplyleo:
Okay.

But if prices of imported petroleum products must be regulated, government intervention to cushion the effects of increased prices is inevitable, hence the subsidy. Without subsidy, the prices will soar.

Las las, nothing for online trolls. grin
I thought your Lord and Saviour said subsidy is fraud.

Why is he paying now, or is he a fraudster?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by pongwa(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
Some ambitious big shots are planning something. It's sinister in nature, brace up people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by WavyJohn: 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
Guys Please..

A single vote for Kimxie..
Upcoming Category..

rhapsodiaffos.com/2019/11/vote-in-fuwmea2019.html

Also help Esther Agri. Mayor..

Drop Screenshot of vote. N500 Airtime of any Network for the 10th & 15th person to quote with their sreenshot cuz its the Season of Love.
Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by israelmao(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
Electoral violence,poverty,debt and all other negatives are stacked up against Buhari in the manner in which they increase daily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by Davidzy23(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
pls guys.. help a brother...

What is Subsidy??
I don't understand a thing up there.. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by Racoon(m): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
shocked Buhari-led APC-what a fraudulent government never seen in the histroy of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by tiredoflife(m): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
ednut1:
Till dangote refinery starts

What will happen
Is it not the fool whose cement is expensive
U think he will run a charity organisation

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by nextstep(m): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
Everybody repeat after me: "what is subsidy? I don't know what that is"... wink

1 Like

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
I thought joe/pdp were nig's problem till i experienced satanic, self-serving and AUDIO CHAINGe!

Only a red revolt can salvage the doomed shithole!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by tiredoflife(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
Davidzy23:
pls guys.. help a brother...

What is Subsidy??

I don't understand a thing up there.. Thanks

Go and use google
I am sure u finished secondary school

1 Like

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by Yankee101: 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2019
Buhari and his people are the biggest frauds in Nigeria's history.

Yahoo Yahoo boys extraordinaire

1 Like

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by meobizy(f): 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2019
Oya, Nairalanders, come and bark. This forum is where I see the highest amount of self-induced rabies in my existence.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by MrMoney55: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2019
E no concern me when you have an idiot as mr P what do you expcet?
Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by iykmon: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2019
Make them continue, nature has its way to fight things back. I weep for the future generations to come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
If petroleum subsidy was said to be a scam by Buhari before he became the president and now petroleum subsidy scam continued under his government and even increased then it means that Buhari knowing fully that petroleum subsidy then was a scam and he embraced the scam and now swims in it which now makes Buhari the biggest scammer still scamming.

This man keeps scoring own-goals without let up.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by CSTR2: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
Buhari is a concentrated failure.

And his hopeless supporters are worse.

Imagine voting for the same reasons that illiterates in katsina are voting.

God forbid.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
But the lying govt told us subsidy was a scam during GEJ administration with massive hate speeches and protests against Jonathan's govt when they proposed to increase petroleum products' prices shocked. They later said they were removing subsidy when they came to power and use the proceeds to turn Nigeria into paradise. Why are they still paying it since it was a scam after they've removed it and increased pump price? How Nigerians forget things in a hurry. They know why they wanted to pass a bill on hate speech because the realised they've performed woefully. Meanwhile they won elections under same means. They want to kill freedom of speech, the hope of the commom man. Useless govt. I never knew the said bill was so massively plagiarized by the olodo senator...what a bunch of Fulani senators with nothing upstairs

2 Likes

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by SarkinYarki: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2019
Buhari is mere thief
Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by CSTR2: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2019
fairfora:
But the lying govt told us subsidy was a scam during get administration shocked. They later said they were removing subsidy and use the proceeds to turn Nigeria into paradise. Why are they still paying it since it was a scam and they've removed it by increasing pump price. How Nigerians forget things in a hurry. They know why they wanted to pass a bill on hate speech because the realised they've performed woefully. Meanwhile they won elections under same means. They want to kill freedom of speech, the hope of the commom man. Useless govt. I never knew the said bill was so massively plagiarized by the olodo senator...what a bunch of Fulani senators with nothing upstairs
They not only increased subsidy, but they also increased fuel prices even with a reduction in global prices.

This is unprecedented thievery.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by sundamonex(m): 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2019
FemiMaduka:
This subsidy regime should be about the messiest corruption cesspit and the biggest drain on our finance as a nation. We are practically throwing billions into the drain, and, of course, creating an avenue for greedy folks to pocket large chunks of our national earnings.

The hypocrisy, close-mindedness, docility and maliciousness of the generality of the Nigerian populace is mind-boggling. We 'occupied Nigeria' some years back for N87/litre [with halved subsidy], today, for N147/litre [and a supervisory regime that is so cloaked that we can hardly tell whether there is subsidy or not, or 'under-recovery'—for whatever it means] we have apparently lost our indignation and sense of right-judgement.

I am not surprised that we aren't making significant headway, I would have been surprised if we were anywhere other than where we are.

You should make a good writer...

Beautiful piece

1 Like

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by vineyardfarms: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
NO MORE SUBSIDIES HAS TURN TO CABAL PAYOUT. MR LIA MOHAMMED, NNPC AND VP - ON RECORD YOU SAID WE DON'T PAY SUBSIDY?? HOW IS MARKET?? LIED TO THE PUBLIC. WHAT WILL BE YOUR PUNISHMENT?? BY HANGING FOR LIES.

1 Like

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by CSTR2: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
The higher the subsidy the lower the fuel prices or at least it should be stable.

That is the rational economic reality.
And it was true under OBJ, yaradua and Jonathan.

When buhari came in, he increased fuel prices which means subsidy should reduce since they are no longer subsidizing as much.
But instead, subsidy has increased by over 2000%.

It means people are looting the country blind.

And then when you add the fact that oil prices are globally low, and subsidy should reduce, then the racketeering gets even more alarming.

This is high level ravenous corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by jaxxy(m): 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
Like I said b4 Apc has not done anything significant to turn around the situation of the economy nor cut down on government spending. They have only looked for ways to tax people to generate money to run the ridiculous and almost scandalous budget.
Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by Ishilove: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr. Subsidy what?

Sometimes As a real niggarrr

I don't understand Nigeria

I have tried to understand Nigeria still it looks like what is beyond my comprehension
Nigeria is gradually turning into an enigma, a sixty four dollar question, a tough nut to crack, a conundrum, perplexity, crux, sphinx, cryptogram, a cliffhanger

Anyway i will continue to study Nigeria
I won't give up
Barman give me more bottles of Heineken

You'se a real niggarrr!!! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by obailala(m): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2019
ednut1:
Even with dangote refinery in full operation, subsidy payments would still continue else he will sell fuel for N200 to have to recover his loan.
Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by jamace(m): 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
Looting unlimited by a section of the country...It doesn't matter as far as it is that section of the country....
Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by stonemasonn: 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2019
Nigeria is a funny country though. No money for infrastructures (we want to borrow 30 billion dollars from China and increase taxes), no money to increase electric power and build brand new refineries, sometimes we hear no money to pay minimum wages.
But somehow we've been able to pay trillions of naira for oil subsidies since 2010, how ionic.

1 Like

Re: Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year by ajalawole(m): 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
ednut1:
is he not from the north. they will still pay sub to dangote mark my words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Log Out Of Your Old Opay Account / Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations / Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.