Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 (53134 Views)

Lionel Messi Wins 6th Golden Shoe Award (Photos) / Piers Morgan: Ronaldo Is Better Until Messi Wins Something Outside Barcelona / Lionel Messi Wins His 6th European Golden Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by FirstbornWds: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2019
GEEBITE:
Really,which one of them has won 16 league titles, 13 with United and 3 for Abedeen(the last time they won it was in 85 when he left them. Also Aberdeen led by Fergie was the last Scottish club to win an European title.Which one of them has coached a team to qualify world cup finals as he did leading Scotland to Mexico 86.

Fergie won competitive league titles with exceptional players 92-94,young fledglings in 95-97 and average players in 2013. Tell me any of these coaches who has surpassed all the record listed.

But he never left Man Utd... Did he??.

And if you didn't get the basis of our Argument, let me remind you..

He said it confidently that Messi wouldn't excel outside Barcelona. So I was only trying to "ironize" his claim with my buffs of Alex against the other coaches I mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Itzurboi(m): 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2019
NaijaElba:
Balloon d'or doesnt make sense anymore. It is boring in my opinion! how can 2-set of people dominate it for over 11years?
So na now, e boring abi?? continue, you go soon talk where de pain you..

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by HBB1(m): 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

Did you get the information that a number of countries contested their recorded votes as presented. Egypt's votes were recorded for Messi and Egypt came out afterwards to indicate that they voted for Sarah. The excuse later presented again was that they cancelled Egypt's votes. A number of countries also complained.

In my opinion, the Male World Footballer of the Year award as organised and presented by FIFA is highly controversial and no longer a true evaluation of performance.

Name the other countries, pls.

...yen yen yen!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by DECLAN2015(m): 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2019
calculator123:

When Ronaldo cheated Ribery in 2013, you didn't know it was cheating then abi?
Baba Cry me a river..

What of messi that cheated iniesta,?

The fact is that messi is a favor boy.

UEFA 'boy's
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by sacx: 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ballon d'fraud

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by FirstbornWds: 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2019
Expert17:

Go for medical check up tomorrow..........
Ur case s getting serious ooooo..........

Na person wey ON Hotspot for u, I blame

Lol.. Na you sabi..

So sad you'd have to bring your problems "expertly" to this table. If you have a problem with making saas data subscription, ask politely. Stop covering up with gimmicks. We understand you sire
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Harrytimbog(m): 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
6 times ballon dor winner. winner of fifa youth 2005 under 20 golden ball(best player), winner of Olympic 2008 golden ball... 6 times la Liga best player, 7 times la Liga best scorer. Multiple times uefa best player, 6 times fifa world best player, 2015 Copa America golden ball(best player).....3 times IFFHS world best playmaker. 6 European Golden shoes.. I am really glad I am alive to watch this guy and ororo cr7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Samoranoe(m): 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
Quote me with truth about this pics

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Harrytimbog(m): 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
Messi is the best footballer to ever play the game of soccer....Best football means give him the ball and he will do wonders....no b only to score, abi to pass, abi to defend....He is the total package. Dribbles, freekicks, goals, key passes, shooting e.t.c He won the most man of the match awards since 2010. Over 100 Motm awards over Ronaldo who is second on the list.. Messi is the only player to win player of the tournament in every football tournament.
https://www.givemesport.com/1466748-live-graphic-showing-top-players-with-most-man-of-the-match-awards-since-201011
https://www.sportbible.com/football/stats-lionel-messi-has-the-most-man-of-the-match-awards-this-season-20190413

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIqudhd1W54
https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/la-liga/1141477/lionel-messi-has-won-most-number-of-motm-awards-in-the-last-9-seasons-100-times-more-than-cristiano-ronaldo/
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Wallade(m): 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
HBB1:

Name the other countries, pls.

...yen yen yen!

Google is your friend. Ask Google!

"However, Sudan’s coach Zdravko Lugarisic and Nicaragua’s Juan Barrera have alleged their ballots do not represent what they actually submitted.

Barrera is reported to have said: “I did not vote for Messi. I was surprised to be on the list of captains who voted for Messi and there is no explanation how it appeared there.”

Lugarisic was also listed as voting for Messi as his first choice but he has taken a screenshot to show he opted for Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah.

However FIFA insist the documents submitted by the Nicaraguan and Sudanese FAs were published correctly and arrived with official stamps. They have contacted the two FAs to inquire on the matter.

Meanwhile, the Egyptian Football Federation claim their votes, by coach Shawki Ghareeb and captain Ahmed Elmohamady, were not included in the results.

“The Egyptian Football Federation officially sent Egypt’s vote to Fifa on 15 August, four days before the deadline,” a statement by the Egyptian governing body read.

"National team captain Ahmed Elmohamady voted while the Olympic team's manager Shawki Ghareeb voted after the resignation of the coaching staff.”

It “asks Fifa why the Egyptian vote was not accepted” and has decided to open an “investigation” into the circumstances of this failure.

In response to Egypt’s complaint, a FIFA spokesperson told Reuters: “The Egyptian FA have received two reminders to submit the properly signed voting forms on 19 August 2019.

"The Egyptian FA has not submitted a response within the (limited) timeframe until Wednesday, 21 August 2019.

“Therefore, the votes from the Egyptian FA could not be counted."

After it was revealed Egypt did not cast a vote, Salah posted a message on Twitter.

He tweeted: “Whatever they do to try to change my love for Egypt, they will not succeed.”"

Credit - express.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by pazienza(m): 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
calculator123:

Let me ask you a question, and I am doing this on the assumption that you are not biased.

Does 2017/18 and 18/19 season look same to you?
Ronaldo was good but Modric was exceptional. it's not everytime you win a golden ball at the WC, it's not everyone who has the privilege of playing in the final of a WC( a luxury Ronaldo doesn't have).

17/18 season, the WC was the biggest of events. A player performance there was the season definer. Ronaldo did well there but Modric did better

How exactly was Modric exceptional in 17/18? Can you show me his stats in 17/18 that made him exceptional?
And don't give me the bullcrap of Modric performance not being statistics based.
He is a midfielder, show me his chances created and assists in 2017/18.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by unbitchable(m): 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

I remain a feminist cool and would not drop it for anything.

It is my business not yours so go and marry Antonella and leave my mention alone. Go fix yourself.
stubborn as hell. hope you end well.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Kingspin(m): 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2019
cRobo:
All votes based on sentiment in favour for Messi

Ronaldo still remain the best

Messi is a one team man can't excel beyond Barcelona

Also good for VVD for talking trash of Ronaldo that he wasn't a rival to him, stardom gotten to his head, unimaginable disrespect for Ronaldo
All the clubs Ronaldo has gone to; he went there to play football.
Messi is in Barcelona playing the same football.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by pazienza(m): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
CorperKola:

Apart from that, Ronaldo is a mechanical player, there is no joy or magic in his play
Hes a boring, cold assasin who thrives on tap ins , like someone said he hasbt dribbled anyone in 3 years.

Ronaldo dribbles past players steadily. Even last UCL against Atletico, he dribbled past three players before he later scored a hat trick in same match.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by HBB1(m): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

And that was the reason he won?

And this balloon d'or?

When Messi was deemed 5th best player last year nobody died(Despite his amazing run).

Baba took it gracefully and did the talking on the pitch.

E Pele sir!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Divay22(f): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
I am tired.... don't find it interesting anymore

I force myself to log in sometimes cheesy We go dey read for background
Noooooo
So am not gonna be seeing your comments anymore
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by GEEBITE: 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2019
Did you read Aberdeen coached by Fergie winning 3 titties in a league dominated by the Glasgow clubs Rangers and Celtic.FYI,Celtic was the first British club to win champions league in 1967. Fergie led Aberdeen to defeat Real Madrid in 1983 European cup finals. Did you think he jumped from nowhere to caoch Man Utd.He was brought in like a Messiah to rescue Utd who had not won a league title since 1968 after leading to Scotland to 1986 world cup.quote author=FirstbornWds post=84570359]

But he never left Man Utd... Did he?? [/quote]
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by pazienza(m): 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
firebrand:

Besides, both Modric and Ronaldo won the Champions League together, yet Modric was exceptional at the world cup which gave him the edge to win the Ballon D'or

Modric was in no way exceptional in Madrid 17/18 champions league win.

Despite being a central midfielder, Marcelo, CR7 all created more goal scoring chances and more assists than Modric. Where exactly did this Modric being exceptional in Madrid 17/18 win come from?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by HBB1(m): 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
pazienza:

How exactly was Modric exceptional in 17/18? Can you show me his stats in 17/18 that made him exceptional?
And don't give me the bullcrap of Modric performance not being statistics based.
He is a midfielder, show me his chances created and assists in 2017/18.

Can you show me Iniesta stat's that made him phenomenal or Zidane's?

Ronaldo only chases goals, thinking that's the hallmark... Real football enthusiasts know football is more than that...
It's not just muscles.

...it's an art!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Deewhy19: 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
Lordjb:
7th ballon d'or loading grin
u make me laugh leo goat Messi for 7th time

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Peresrichly: 10:40pm On Dec 02, 2019
cRobo:
All votes based on sentiment in favour for Messi

Ronaldo still remain the best

Messi is a one team man can't excel beyond Barcelona

Also good for VVD for talking trash of Ronaldo that he wasn't a rival to him, stardom gotten to his head, unimaginable disrespect for Ronaldo
Lol e Dey pain o.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Expert17: 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
FirstbornWds:

Lol.. Na you sabi..

So sad you'd have to bring your problems "expertly" to this table. If you have a problem with making saas data subscription, ask politely. Stop covering up with gimmicks. We understand you sire

Cry cry baby,. U want to see ur mummy..... Shame
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by pazienza(m): 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
HBB1:

And this balloon d'or?

When Messi was deemed 5th best player last year nobody died(Despite his amazing run).

E Pele sir!

Messi was strategically placed 5th last season to ensure he doesn't split Modric votes.
It ensured all Messi lovers voted for Modric in protest against CR7.
It was intentional. Messi was never going to win even if he was in top 3.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Wallade(m): 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
HBB1:

And this balloon d'or?

E Pele sir!

"However, Sudan’s coach Zdravko Lugarisic and Nicaragua’s Juan Barrera have alleged their ballots do not represent what they actually submitted.

Barrera is reported to have said: “I did not vote for Messi. I was surprised to be on the list of captains who voted for Messi and there is no explanation how it appeared there.”

Lugarisic was also listed as voting for Messi as his first choice but he has taken a screenshot to show he opted for Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah.

However FIFA insist the documents submitted by the Nicaraguan and Sudanese FAs were published correctly and arrived with official stamps. They have contacted the two FAs to inquire on the matter.

Meanwhile, the Egyptian Football Federation claim their votes, by coach Shawki Ghareeb and captain Ahmed Elmohamady, were not included in the results.

“The Egyptian Football Federation officially sent Egypt’s vote to Fifa on 15 August, four days before the deadline,” a statement by the Egyptian governing body read.

"National team captain Ahmed Elmohamady voted while the Olympic team's manager Shawki Ghareeb voted after the resignation of the coaching staff.”

It “asks Fifa why the Egyptian vote was not accepted” and has decided to open an “investigation” into the circumstances of this failure.

In response to Egypt’s complaint, a FIFA spokesperson told Reuters: “The Egyptian FA have received two reminders to submit the properly signed voting forms on 19 August 2019.

"The Egyptian FA has not submitted a response within the (limited) timeframe until Wednesday, 21 August 2019.

After it was revealed Egypt did not cast a vote, Salah posted a message on Twitter.

He tweeted: “Whatever they do to try to change my love for Egypt, they will not succeed.”"

Credit - express.co.uk
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Expert17: 10:42pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

Credit - express.co.uk

Let d TEARs continue grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Wallade(m): 10:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
Expert17:

Let d TEARs continue grin

It isn't about tears; it is about winning fairly. Messi didn't win fairly on a number of occasions and this is one of those occasions.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by HBB1(m): 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

Credit - express.co.uk

Of the close to 200 countries in the world, was that why he won.

3 disputed votes?

Get out, man!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by pazienza(m): 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2019
HBB1:

Can you show me Iniesta stat's that made him phenomenal or Zidane's?

Ronaldo only chases goals, thinking that's the hallmark... Real football enthusiasts know football is more than that...
It's not just muscles.

...it's an art!

If Zidane was in Messi and Ronaldo era, he wouldn't have won many of those balon d'ors.
The strikers of Zidane era never scored as much as Messi and CR7 does .

But even if you want to claim that Modric is a creative player and not a goal scorer. I dare you to produce creative stats for Madrid 2017/18 UCL season, and you see that CR7 still trumps Modric in chances created and in assists.

Do you know that CR7 is the leading UCL assist maker of all times?
He isn't just a goal scorer, he creates goals as well, even though he is not elaborate in his playing style like Messi. He still assists with simple on touch football and releasing pass when needed without taking on players.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by FirstbornWds: 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2019
GEEBITE:
Did you read Aberdeen coached by Fergie winning 3 titties in a league dominated by the Glasgow clubs Rangers and Celtic.FYI,Celtic was the first British club to win champions league in 1967. Fergie led Aberdeen to defeat Real Madrid in 1983 European cup finals. Did you think he jumped from nowhere to caoch Man Utd.He was brought in like a Messiah to rescue Utd who had not won a league title since 1968 after leading to Scotland to 1986 world cup.quote author=FirstbornWds post=84570359]

But he never left Man Utd... Did he??

Of course I know that. But if it would interest you know that the same Aberdeen he won trophies was already a strong, formidable team..

Having established a reputation in Scottish football as a no-nonsense manager with an eye for talent, Ferguson was soon appointed to a position at a top-tier club. Aberdeen had been keen on Ferguson for a while and they eventually got their man in 1978, replacing Billy McNeill, who left to join Celtic.

While he inherited a strong squad from McNeill, Ferguson could not steer the team to success in his first season at the helm of the Pittodrie club, but it did not take him long to make his mark. The season prior to his appointment Aberdeen had finished second in the league, but Ferguson only managed a fourth-place finish in his first term. But things quickly improved under his stewardship and the following season he clinched the title, pipping Celtic by a point.

The 1980 league title was just Aberdeen's second in their entire history and, while they dropped to second in the following two seasons, then to third in 1983, Ferguson delivered the club their third and fourth league trophies in 1984 and 1985.

Also, it should interest you to know that he didn't just start winning trophies in Man Utd. It took some time before the dominance began...

But my point actually is basically a sarcastic one. It was centered at the guy that said Messi wouldn't succeed as a Player outside Barcelona. I was only trying.to bring him to see reasons why he should stop using that as basis for standardizing who is a better player between Messi and others.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by HBB1(m): 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2019
pazienza:

Messi was strategically placed 5th last season to ensure he doesn't split Modric votes.
It ensured all Messi lovers voted for Modric in protest against CR7.
It was intentional. Messi was never going to win even if he was in top 3.

He was strategically placed 5th?

What strain of weed do you smoke?
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by calculator123(m): 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

Who are the voters? I thought it is the club captains, team captains, national team managers and club football manager. So tell me why they can't be detrimental. FIFA should publish the votes so we see who voted for each player listed; if they wanna be open and objective about it.

Messi and Ronaldo are doing great but there must be fairness and objectivity in the process if the organisers want that award to be relevant and valuable.

The Captains and Managers voted, there are not all drunk..
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by pazienza(m): 10:51pm On Dec 02, 2019
HBB1:

He was strategically placed 5th?

What strain of weed do you smoke?
grin

Of course he was.
It was strategic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Accident: Tiger Woods Suffers Multiple Leg Injuries After California Car Crash / Usain Bolt Stripped Off Olympic Gold Medal / Barcelona Could Join Premier League If Catalonia Gains Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.