Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 (53193 Views)

Lionel Messi Wins 6th Golden Shoe Award (Photos) / Piers Morgan: Ronaldo Is Better Until Messi Wins Something Outside Barcelona / Lionel Messi Wins His 6th European Golden Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Lordjb: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
Deewhy19:
u make me laugh leo goat Messi for 7th time
yes oh... Dude go wan set hard record for person to beat grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by CorperKola: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
pazienza:

The purpose of dribbling and all elaboration is to score.
Ronaldo gives you that. He scores, assists and helps team win while keeping it simple. Some of us like simplicity.
CR7 has proved himself a better footballer all round than Messi. He delivers for Portugal and his club sides. Messi is a very limited player who needs Barca system to thrive. When the going goes tough, like in later stages of the UCL, Messi goes missing while CR7 brings on the party when the going becomes tough.
Messi is no equal to CR7, he is only winning this 6th balon d'or ahead of CR7 because CR7 was robbed last year. VVD definitely would have been a more deserving winner than Modric was last year.
The way i see it, the reason is that messi is not a typical goalscorer, his aim is to influence the match
And he can do this by scoring(ronaldo level goalscorer) and creating play(he won an award few days ago for being the best playmaker in the world)
So when the going gets tough upfront he drops deeper to create play because like i said his aim is to influence the match in his teams favour and he has good goalscorers too in his teams
Do you know how many world class goalscorers are in argentina?
Ronaldo on the other hand is only a capable goalscorer and nowhere near an adequate playmaker, so you have to surround him with good midfieldiers and pacy wingers and a selfless striker.
Mechanical dribbling actually looks fake and too try hard, before performing countless stepovers to dribble one person, messi has dribbled two peopke in one swift movement
Messi's dribbling is actually simpler, again this explains why he is able to do it consistently(highest number of completed dribbles in the last 10 years)
So baba there you have it

10 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by kevotek1000(m): 11:28pm On Dec 02, 2019
romme2u:

undecided

It still won't qualify him to the 2019/2020 champions league final
You will be shock...
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Money05: 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

Tell FIFA to publish the votings as presented by the captains and countries so we can be certain there was no manipulation.
Some people don't browse something just talk with thier black yansh
Something dat fifa has released since September
Go and check Google
Messi won in all captains fans and coaches only in journalist he was 2nd
Biggest mumu on earth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Maziyk: 11:33pm On Dec 02, 2019
Congrats messi the king, Leo, we love and cherished, we will forever love you,for all what you did for the round leather, you makes football loons easy and simple, congrats messi,Barcelona all the way
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by andrewbaba44: 11:35pm On Dec 02, 2019
Merimental:

pray Liverpool don't draw Barca again dis year in UEFA Semis.

memories of 4-0 will be Resurrected @ ANFIELD.

u must have cried 4 a month after barcas heavy defeat @ ANFIELD.
u sound 2 bitter. get ova it, it's just football pal.

You are making look as if liverpool won barca 4-0 only, dont forget the scores is 4-3, just 1 goal difference

Memories will not be reserrected with messi on his 6th balon d or okay
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Kingsley10000: 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

Not necessarily because Ronaldo lost but because of these reasons:

1. The process of selecting the winner especially the male world footballer of the year has become controversial, unobjective and sentimental.

2. It is no longer competitive and motivational because it seems to be the property of certain players despite the efforts of other players.

Conclusion:
Messi does not deserve the award this year like he didn't deserve it when he finished ahead of Xavi and Iniesta some years back.

The general perception is that Modric didn't deserve it the last time he won it too.
who deserved it 2013 between penaldo and Ribbery?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Wallade(m): 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
Money05:

Some people don't browse something just talk with thier black yansh
Something dat fifa has released since September
Go and check Google
Messi won in all captains fans and coaches only in journalist he was 2nd
Biggest mumu on earth

It is amazing when we come across mumu that thinks another person is the mumu but not him.

The September release you referred has no bearing on the awards that were presented today.

Idiot.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by kevotek1000(m): 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
CorperKola:

The way i see it, the reason is that messi is not a typical goalscorer, his aim is to influence the match
And he can do this by scoring(ronaldo level goalscorer) and creating play(he won an award few days ago for being the best playmaker in the world)
So when the going gets tough upfront he drops deeper to create play because like i said his aim is to influence the match in his teams favour and he has good goalscorers too in his teams
Ronaldo on the other hand is only a capable goalscorer and nowhere near an adequate playmaker, so you have to surround him with good midfieldiers and pacy wingers and a selfless striker.
Mechanical dribbling actually looks fake and too try hard, before performing countless stepovers to dribble one person, messi has dribbled two peopke in one swift movement
Messi's dribbling is actually simpler, again this explains why he is able to do it consistently(highest number of completed dribbles in the last 10 years)
Ronaldo fans everywhere... Messi winning this balloon do'r should stop further comparison between 2 GOAT. They are both Goat but one is a greater Goat... Messi.... Messi is such a wonderful player, I like how your were able to distinguish greater goat from the mere goat.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Kingsley10000: 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
Macauley07:
Messi deserves it based on individual record.
Ronaldo deserved it last season based on individual record, but you know, something happened.
who deserved it in 2013 Ronaldo or Ribbery?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Money05: 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

It is amazing when we come across mumu that thinks another person is the mumu but not him.

The September release you referred has no bearing on the awards that were presented today.

Idiot.
Go goggle
FIFA brokedown the votings results
But u no fit browse am
Na to day critizise say them rig am
Naso u do private center waec pass u no talk o
Mumu
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by emmanugo: 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

Idiot.
i have read most of your comments here today , if I wasn't a football follower I would have taken interest in your argument if you had remained neutral ,but you are clearly making it obvious that you are a Ronaldo fan..Giving reasons why it shouldn't be messi n countering it with reasons why it should be Ronaldo.. It's a pity though... It's clear to the eyes who is d best,sentiments shouldn't cloud our mind and limit us to enjoying greatness personified ... Remain bless bro...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Wallade(m): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
Money05:

Go goggle
FIFA brokedown the votings results
But u no fit browse am
Na to day critizise say them rig am
Naso u do private center waec pass u no talk o
Mumu

That comparison is for those of you guys in the indomie generation that do private centre WAEC exams. I should think your mates can relate with that experience.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Kingsley10000: 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
NORSYK:

If you aren't senseless you'd have remembered 2010 balloon d'Or as well
between Your pained goat(penaldo)and Ribbery who deserved 2013 balon.dor

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Kingsley10000: 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2019
Playstation1:

See Ur Moniker "Lesbianboy"

Go Open Another Account And Use Moniker's "Like Ororogaymate Or Penaldofuckboi".

When Deli Ma Win 3 Ballon D' Or For 1997 And 2002 "Without UCL Medal" Were U Dey

Wen Owen, Canavaro Win Am For Am For 2001 and 2006 Where U Dey

Wen Ur Gay Partner Win Am For 2013 Wen Bayern Win Treble That Season Were U Dey

Nor Respect Urself, Dey Behave Like 15yrs Old Girl Wen Newly Get Boyfriend.

Most of penaldo goals 35% are from penalty cheesy

How did he win 2013 award ahead of RIBBERY AND ROBEN

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by HBB1(m): 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

I don't know that and I don't believe so. The election that saw GEJ out was postponed for some weeks but it didn't change the eventual loss to confused PMB.

Dude come on!

Don't bring politics into this...

Going by your blighted rationale, Ronaldo won nothing in 2013, but still won the balloon d'or!

Yet nobody is frothing at the mouth.

Or was Ronaldo derseved of the 3rd he polled even in this recent awards?

But people vote for this things, so they can't all be wrong...

Let Ronaldo try again next year.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by dadsonade7: 11:54pm On Dec 02, 2019
No doubt,Messi is the GOAT.All haters of good things should stop rather,they should give honour to whom is due.

Messi is the greatest.Enough of all these arguements
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:57pm On Dec 02, 2019
YoungFr:
Congratulations to the overrated player of our time. cool cool cool cool cool
It is your sense of reasoning that is overrated

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Money05: 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wallade:

That comparison is for those of you guys in the indomie generation that do private centre WAEC exams. I should think your mates can relate with that experience.
Am sorry I no abuse again e no make sense
But FIFA released the break down immediately after the award it is on off sef just goggle FIFA the best voting you would see it
It would download immediately and u see it yourself
There isn't any rigging bro
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Pacesetter123(m): 12:05am On Dec 03, 2019
Virgil Vandirk deserves dis award dis yr more than any oda person.But de election was conducted by Nigeria INEC.So I did not expect any fairness at all in dis contest.No wonder C.Boy boycotted dis oyoro election.VVD shud av done de same,but I don't know why he didn't do so.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Money05: 12:14am On Dec 03, 2019
Pacesetter123:
Virgil Vandirk deserves dis award dis yr more than any oda person.But de election was conducted by Nigeria INEC.So I did not expect any fairness at all in dis contest.No wonder C.Boy boycotted dis oyoro election.VVD shud av done de same,but I don't know why he didn't do so.
Now say it without crying grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by romme2u: 12:28am On Dec 03, 2019
pazienza:

Of course he was.
It was strategic.

sad

why waste your time n energy engaging messi fans.................they are never objective shifting goal post as it suits their narrative

I don't know which i loathe the most messi fans OR buhari supporters................................emotional n slow
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by calculator123(m): 12:41am On Dec 03, 2019
Deandean:

This z d most valid point....stat even shows that those times cr7 won,it was mostly on the votes of non performing coaches n country captains.....internationally aclaimed world class coaches and team captains who know what good football is have always voted Messi...Although i must say he is mostly enjoying his Talent rather than his hardwork.ronaldo deserves some accolades for his commitment to improving...if messi trains 30% as hard as ronaldo...he'll be d king of sport.thats Ronald's pain,he thinks everything is about hardwork...talent is not skill,nature simply placed the little man yards ahead of him b4 d race started.
Make no mistake, Messi works extremely hard too.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 03, 2019
some people will not sleep today ooh. please if you know any Rinaldo fans around check on them so that you won't hear sad story ooh.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Davida33: 1:00am On Dec 03, 2019
RONALDO IS THE KING OF FOOTBALL

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by therajah: 1:01am On Dec 03, 2019
YorubaPrince:
Rubbish! angry
You will be okay..
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by therajah: 1:04am On Dec 03, 2019
CorperKola:

I wish i knw how to transfer 10,000 dollars to you...!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by bigAG(m): 1:27am On Dec 03, 2019
romme2u:

sad

why waste your time n energy engaging messi fans.................they are never objective shifting goal post as it suits their narrative

I don't know which i loathe the most messi fans OR buhari supporters................................emotional n slow
Lol. Guy go sleep jare �
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by subcbouy: 2:24am On Dec 03, 2019
Two goats: Human goat n artificial goat. The real human goat is Mercenaries him merci
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Deolamopapy(m): 2:26am On Dec 03, 2019
GOAT
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by richard870(m): 4:22am On Dec 03, 2019
cRobo:
All votes based on sentiment in favour for Messi

Ronaldo still remain the best

Messi is a one team man can't excel beyond Barcelona

Also good for VVD for talking trash of Ronaldo that he wasn't a rival to him, stardom gotten to his head, unimaginable disrespect for Ronaldo
Anything to console yourself....Lolz

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by babajay109(m): 5:33am On Dec 03, 2019
The love i have for Lionel Messi is unfathomable, infinite, inexhaustible, extreme to measure, incalculable, innumerable, indeterminable, fathomless, bottomless, limitless, boundless, abundant and great, Messi is the G.O.A.T

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ramos Invites Barca Stars To His Wedding, Ronaldo Snubbed / Real Madrid Players Arrive Cardiff For UCL Final (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Relaxing With His Family (Lovely Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.