Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 (53205 Views)

Lionel Messi Wins 6th Golden Shoe Award (Photos) / Piers Morgan: Ronaldo Is Better Until Messi Wins Something Outside Barcelona / Lionel Messi Wins His 6th European Golden Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by franugo(m): 5:59am On Dec 03, 2019
Sholaco:
Chai na wa o sad wetin Ahmed Musa do una na undecided undecided.....him deserve to win this if not for skin colour racism people

Skin colour Don't bring racism into this discussion pls. Most of y'all are always so quick to cry wolf. Despite the efforts of mercurial defenders like puyol, Ramos, chiellini, and midfielders who dominated and won all like xavi, iniesta, etc they didn't win it. In fact, most didn't smell 4th position. Now VVD is recognized as the second best player by ballon D'or, best UEFA men's player plus other awards and it still isn't good enough for you And then you go n play the skin colour card...how despicable
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by DECLAN2015(m): 5:59am On Dec 03, 2019
pazienza:

Messi was strategically placed 5th last season to ensure he doesn't split Modric votes.
It ensured all Messi lovers voted for Modric in protest against CR7.
It was intentional. Messi was never going to win even if he was in top 3.

Thanks for these
There is international conspiracy and politics here
That is what I want people to know
It is not just about individual nonsense

VVD could had well won it and it would be ok

Y messi again cos d system want.
If he had been messi in Ronaldo position the last time.messi would have won it not modric.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by DECLAN2015(m): 6:02am On Dec 03, 2019
CorperKola:

The way i see it, the reason is that messi is not a typical goalscorer, his aim is to influence the match
And he can do this by scoring(ronaldo level goalscorer) and creating play(he won an award few days ago for being the best playmaker in the world)
So when the going gets tough upfront he drops deeper to create play because like i said his aim is to influence the match in his teams favour and he has good goalscorers too in his teams
Do you know how many world class goalscorers are in argentina?
Ronaldo on the other hand is only a capable goalscorer and nowhere near an adequate playmaker, so you have to surround him with good midfieldiers and pacy wingers and a selfless striker.
Mechanical dribbling actually looks fake and too try hard, before performing countless stepovers to dribble one person, messi has dribbled two peopke in one swift movement
Messi's dribbling is actually simpler, again this explains why he is able to do it consistently(highest number of completed dribbles in the last 10 years)
So baba there you have it

Dribbling is a skill so do running shooting and heading.u love messi .But we have keeper,midfielder defender too.let the award extend to them
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by olaswim: 6:40am On Dec 03, 2019
Messi is a player with exceptional ability.....
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Expert17: 7:08am On Dec 03, 2019
romme2u:

sad

why waste your time n energy engaging messi fans.................they are never objective shifting goal post as it suits their narrative

I don't know which i loathe the most messi fans OR buhari supporters................................emotional n slow

Objective penaldo fan..........
Weep no more, may d Lord HV MESSI on u grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Expert17: 7:11am On Dec 03, 2019
DECLAN2015:

Dribbling is a skill so do running shooting and heading.u love messi .But we have keeper,midfielder defender too.let the award extend to them

Create ur award, n give it to Dem...... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by mcharles(m): 7:14am On Dec 03, 2019
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by OtemAtum: 7:14am On Dec 03, 2019
J2381:
Seriously aside Barcelona what else have Messi achieved?
Olympic gold medal, U20 world cuo
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Expert17: 7:14am On Dec 03, 2019
DECLAN2015:

Create ur award ,. N give it to dem
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:21am On Dec 03, 2019
Divay22:

Noooooo
So am not gonna be seeing your comments anymore
Haha lol..... So what are you trying to say?? cheesycheesy

but seriously I don tire
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2019
romme2u:

undecided

It still won't qualify him to the 2019/2020 champions league final

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by yusman14(m): 7:46am On Dec 03, 2019
CorperKola:

Even his dribbling is too mechanical, comical stepovers, and his goals like i said are mostly tap ins, you cant compare them to the beautiful goals messi scores.
Messi's style just has the edge for me
And messi's dribbles are far better thats y hes averages far more dribbles
Messi is also a far better playmaker, possibly the best in the world too(because of his vision, passing and dribbling)
Ronaldo must be respected, make no mistake about that.
Messi is i think at least 50% better than him especially now
2007-2010 they were prolly very close but not now
So its fair that messi finishes his career with more ballon D'ors
Bro u said his goals are mostly tap ins?
u are just judging cr7 base on last 2 years . .Take a look at his early seasons at real Madrid and man-u,u will know that cr7 his a better dribbler....

Hope you know that mateo kovacic is currently the world best dribbler with the highest take-ons?? stop overhyping messi
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by yusman14(m): 7:48am On Dec 03, 2019
Deandean:

This z d most valid point....stat even shows that those times cr7 won,it was mostly on the votes of non performing coaches n country captains.....internationally aclaimed world class coaches and team captains who know what good football is have always voted Messi...Although i must say he is mostly enjoying his Talent rather than his hardwork.ronaldo deserves some accolades for his commitment to improving...if messi trains 30% as hard as ronaldo...he'll be d king of sport.thats Ronald's pain,he thinks everything is about hardwork...talent is not skill,nature simply placed the little man yards ahead of him b4 d race started.
Hardword beats talent..
cr7 has an edge
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by gurunlocker: 7:58am On Dec 03, 2019
yusman14:
Hardword beats talent..
cr7 has an edge

That's when talent doesn't work.... It seems they open you people head and put same shit in it for you to be saying.

It beat me how you people really think Messi is not hardworking or train? Is hardwork about going to the gym, building abs and all? Or what's even your own definition of hardwork?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by shogsman(m): 8:31am On Dec 03, 2019
DECLAN2015:

What is d main tournament now
Is it not champion leaque where Barca was disgraced
Messi was the highest goal scorer and the best player at the tournament.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by shogsman(m): 8:32am On Dec 03, 2019
lovinhubby2wife:
Honestly between modric and ronaldo who deserved it more last year, please be honest
Ronaldo of course.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 03, 2019
Numerouno94:

U can go nd sue fifa nd french magazine.
Wen Ronaldo win its not fraud. Buh its fraud wen messi wins abi
i m pained now angry angry angry
leave me alone angry angry
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by HBB1(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2019
yusman14:
Bro u said his goals are mostly tap ins?
u are just judging cr7 base on last 2 years . .Take a look at his early seasons at real Madrid and man-u,u will know that cr7 his a better dribbler....

Hope you know that mateo kovacic is currently the world best dribbler with the highest take-ons?? stop overhyping messi

When was Ronaldo a better dribbler-- 10 step overs to beat one person doesn't make you one.

Abi?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Deandean: 8:42am On Dec 03, 2019
yusman14:
Hardword beats talent..
cr7 has an edge

We forgive you 4 this...
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by NORSYK(m): 9:01am On Dec 03, 2019
Kingsley10000:
between Your pained goat(penaldo)and Ribbery who deserved 2013 balon.dor

Dig up their stats of that season let's compare
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Vicanious: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2019
I'm doing this for all those guys talking trash. I don't know if you guys cannot read or understand simple things. 

The B'alon dor award is for the best player and performer for the season 2018/2019 and in that respect, no one and I repeat no one came close to Messi. 
Not your man crush, Ronaldo or anyone else. Van Djik has a stronger claim to the award than Ronaldo..

Can you just see only Messi's stats for last season..
He was top scorer in la liga, the whole Europe, even in the champions league....He had all the assists or do you guys think it is freaking easy?

Do you know how the Balon dor winner is selected?

People freaking vote!!
Journalists around the world freaking vote!!

Do you know more than them?

When Ronaldo won back to back in 2016 and 2017, where were y'all then? You were not complaining but now you are. 

Someone won Fifa awards this year (Captains, Coaches and Journalists) and then also won the B'alon dor (Journalists) and you are saying he doesnt deserve it because you know more than them. 

And please enough of this rubbish about Messi being In one club and yada yada yada...

Greatness is not about whether you are in one club or you jump to several, it's about BEING THE BEST IN WHAT YOU DO...

There is no rule that says jump around from one club to another to prove yourself.

Wherever you are, be the freaking best at what you do!!

Was Ronaldo going to leave Madrid?
Was it not freaking Ego and Pride that made him leave? For those of you that are hailing his jumping around clubs.

If Messi identifies one club to leave a legacy, who are you to tell him what to freaking do?

And take this as a life lesson, you better stay in the place that would make you great. Stay in that perfect environment that would bring out your best and make you never forgotten. 

Whether Messi stays or leaves, we know one thing, Leg for leg, skill for skill, goal for goal, there is no one that matched him last season and matches him in the world. 

Edited: By the way I have incredible respect for Ronaldo and what he has done and is doing. I have incredible respect for his accomplishments and drive, but that does not mean everytime he is the best or deserves to be the best. If this season, he smashes in goals and does amazing things, then why not. Till then, Messi deserved it a 100 for last season and this season I hope he keeps going strong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Nasige(m): 9:06am On Dec 03, 2019
cRobo:
All votes based on sentiment in favour for Messi

Ronaldo still remain the best

Messi is a one team man can't excel beyond Barcelona

Also good for VVD for talking trash of Ronaldo that he wasn't a rival to him, stardom gotten to his head, unimaginable disrespect for Ronaldo
It is obvious that u don't like Messi but it is ok, take it or leave it Messi is better than Ronaldo, Ronaldo is good no doubt but unfortunately for him he is in the same time with Messi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Kingsley10000: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2019
NORSYK:

Dig up their stats of that season let's compare
so you didn't know what happened during 2013 calender year and you want me to argue with you.It seems you started watching football of recent.
PENALDO-He scored 69 goals in
59 games.

Ribbery scores
statistics in 2013 have been simply mind-
boggling with an astonishing 66 goals in 56 games
he won 4trophies in that calendar year.

You don't know anything in football lad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 03, 2019
Both Messi and Ronaldo are great players.
But if I were to choose.......... Hmmm

BRB
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 03, 2019
Wallade:

Did you get the information that a number of countries contested their recorded votes as presented. Egypt's votes were recorded for Messi and Egypt came out afterwards to indicate that they voted for Sarah. The excuse later presented again was that they cancelled Egypt's votes. A number of countries also complained.

In my opinion, the Male World Footballer of the Year award as organised and presented by FIFA is highly controversial and no longer a true evaluation of performance.
the noises at that time were championed by most Ronaldo fans and some social media critics. FIFA came out and explained all while most of the people attached came out and clarified that they voted Messi.

Egypt's votes were cancelled because they didn't follow the rules which I don't expect anyone to complain about.

Now look at this, if FIFA the best was controversial, who do you think deserved it more than Messi?
or
Is balon D'or shrouded in controversy too?

This validates FIFA's award to the little man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Numerouno94(m): 9:54am On Dec 03, 2019
Wallade:

Google is your friend. Ask Google!

"However, Sudan’s coach Zdravko Lugarisic and Nicaragua’s Juan Barrera have alleged their ballots do not represent what they actually submitted.

Barrera is reported to have said: “I did not vote for Messi. I was surprised to be on the list of captains who voted for Messi and there is no explanation how it appeared there.”

Lugarisic was also listed as voting for Messi as his first choice but he has taken a screenshot to show he opted for Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah.

However FIFA insist the documents submitted by the Nicaraguan and Sudanese FAs were published correctly and arrived with official stamps. They have contacted the two FAs to inquire on the matter.

Meanwhile, the Egyptian Football Federation claim their votes, by coach Shawki Ghareeb and captain Ahmed Elmohamady, were not included in the results.

“The Egyptian Football Federation officially sent Egypt’s vote to Fifa on 15 August, four days before the deadline,” a statement by the Egyptian governing body read.

"National team captain Ahmed Elmohamady voted while the Olympic team's manager Shawki Ghareeb voted after the resignation of the coaching staff.”

It “asks Fifa why the Egyptian vote was not accepted” and has decided to open an “investigation” into the circumstances of this failure.

In response to Egypt’s complaint, a FIFA spokesperson told Reuters: “The Egyptian FA have received two reminders to submit the properly signed voting forms on 19 August 2019.

"The Egyptian FA has not submitted a response within the (limited) timeframe until Wednesday, 21 August 2019.

“Therefore, the votes from the Egyptian FA could not be counted."

After it was revealed Egypt did not cast a vote, Salah posted a message on Twitter.

He tweeted: “Whatever they do to try to change my love for Egypt, they will not succeed.”"

Credit - express.co.uk

Bros stop dis rubbish na. All those problems had bn sorted out since..it was a misunderstanding.
Buh if u dey vex go collect d award gv Ronaldo na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Numerouno94(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2019
pazienza:

Ronaldo dribbles past players steadily. Even last UCL against Atletico, he dribbled past three players before he later scored a hat trick in same match.
Sumtin Messi does in every match. D problem is dat u guys dnt watch Messi while playing cos of hate. Watch barcas game dis weekend nd see messi in action, nd i swear u will change ur mind.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 03, 2019
Deandean:

This z d most valid point....stat even shows that those times cr7 won,it was mostly on the votes of non performing coaches n country captains.....internationally aclaimed world class coaches and team captains who know what good football is have always voted Messi...Although i must say he is mostly enjoying his Talent rather than his hardwork.ronaldo deserves some accolades for his commitment to improving...if messi trains 30% as hard as ronaldo...he'll be d king of sport.thats Ronald's pain,he thinks everything is about hardwork...talent is not skill,nature simply placed the little man yards ahead of him b4 d race started.
I still think Messi works hard.
He's a shy and private person so he's not used to showing his off field stuffs.

Ronaldo on the other hand is like Nigerian Instagram slay queens who may commit suicide if their new dresses go unnoticed by the public.

He's good in publicity.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Deandean: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2019
kingkakaone:

I still think Messi works hard.
He's a shy and private person so he's not used to showing his off field stuffs.

Ronaldo on the other hand is like Nigerian Instagram slay queens who may commit suicide if their new dresses go unnoticed by the public.

He's good in publicity.

Lolll....dat niggy has too much bad energy,with arrogance, his sense of entitlement has been at d root of d disdain top class coaches and players have 4 him...Messi would humbly acknowledge any1 can win,and whoever wins deserves it...but baba is always shouting he deserves to be the best in the history of football,he deserves more bollon dor,he works harder than messi,he is the no. 1 blablabla...he even took his mother to complain on instagram that her son had been short changed in the 2018 ballon dor...like a growing baby....yuckss!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by NORSYK(m): 10:15am On Dec 03, 2019
Kingsley10000:
so you didn't know what happened during 2013 calender year and you want me to argue with you.It seems you started watching football of recent.
PENALDO-He scored 69 goals in
59 games.

Ribbery scores
statistics in 2013 have been simply mind-
boggling with an astonishing 66 goals in 56 games
he won 4trophies in that calendar year.

You don't know anything in football lad

If you believe that 2013 was robbed then, why are you still applauding the robbery of 2010 and 2019? Isn't double standard?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Skepticus: 10:40am On Dec 03, 2019
pazienza:

Of course he was.
It was strategic.

No offence intended, but you sound like a drunkard!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Balloon D'or 2019 by Yseone(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2019
cRobo:
All votes based on sentiment in favour for Messi

Ronaldo still remain the best

Messi is a one team man can't excel beyond Barcelona

[s]Also good for VVD for talking trash of Ronaldo that he wasn't a rival to him, stardom gotten to his head, unimaginable disrespect for Ronaldo
[/s]

So you knows better than those that voted eeh?
This your hatred may not take you into 2020.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Relaxing With His Family (Lovely Photo) / My Father Destroyed My Super Eagles Dream — Saka / Saudi Players Gifted Luxury Cars After Upsetting Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.