Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

The Case Of Bayo Awosika - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Case Of Bayo Awosika (3075 Views)

Bayo Ajia Notorious Gang Leader In Ilorin Killed By Cultist - Graphic Photos / Bayo Ajia Killed By Cultist In Ilorin (Graphic Photos) / Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Case Of Bayo Awosika by yusulphul: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2010
On the 1st of Oct 2008,Bayo Awosika was murdered by two nigerian policemen,in the short video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa2GqlB_6ig you will see the forensic analysis of the murder. The Nigeria Police Force on Monday told a Lagos High Court that a former Relationship Manager with First Bank Nigeria Plc., Mr. Modebayo Awosika, was shot dead by a policeman.

But the police said Awosika’s alleged killer, Benjamin Oyeje, was yet to be apprehended.

At the resumed trial of a second policeman, David Akpaka, who was charged with the murder, the Investigating Police Officer, Inspector Matthew Nnadi, told the court that his investigation revealed that Oyeje fired the shot that killed Awosika.

He, however, told Justice Iyabo Kasali that the closest the police came to arresting him was the discovery that he made withdrawals from an Automatic Teller Machine in Sokoto State.

The police had declared Akpaka and Oyeje wanted and had charged them with Awosika’s mur
According to the charge sheet, “David Akpaka and one Benjamin Oyeje (now at large), on or about the October 1, 2008 around Lekki First Roundabout, Lekki, in the Lagos Judicial Division, murdered one Modebayo Awosika.”

A coroner, Paul Ojo, had declared after an inquest that the ‘defenceless’ banker was shot dead by a police officer in a homicidal shooting.

Nnadi said Awosika’s killing was not an accident.

“I told my officer commander that this was a case of murder. I received a call from my boss that I should proceed to Lion Building for a case of the murder of one Modebayo Awosika which occurred at Lekki Roundabout, Maroko.

“We went to Maroko Traffic Division where one Sgt. Augustine and one DSP Omoru, the Incident Duty Officer, were interviewed.

“They led us to Lekki roundabout where the officers showed us Awosika’s burnt Kia Ultima saloon car, with registration no. -529-AAA. They also showed us the position of the police patrol vehicle.

“They showed us the position of the defendant (Akpaka) who was an armed guard, and the position of Benjamin Oyeje, the second armed guard. He is now at large. We recovered four AK47 rifles from the team.

“The deceased was said to have hit a police patrol vehicle when he was travelling from Lagos to Ajah. Having hit the said vehicle, the deceased continued (driving). The defendant, who was the first armed guard, fired a shot. The second armed guard fired at the same vehicle, which eventually veered off the road and fell into a gutter inward Lagos.”
The witness said he visited the Military Hospital, Ikoyi where he was allowed to inspect the banker’s corpse. He said during the examination of the corpse, he “discovered that the deceased had a hole in his forehead. I saw an entrance wound on the forehead and an exit wound from the back.”

He added, “There was no bullet hole in Awosika’s burnt vehicle though the fire had destroyed the front and back windscreens. There were no bullet holes seen in the rim of the tyres.

“Several efforts I made to see Oyeje proved abortive. He was said to have fled after the incident. I wrote the MSS, in charge of police salary, to stop his salary.

“His account number was given to us. We discovered in his statement of account that he used his ATM card to withdraw money in Sokoto State. At the end of my investigation, I concluded that Oyeje must have fired the shot that caused the death of the deceased.”

Nnadi said six men were on duty on the night of the incident. He said after the killing, Oyeje abandoned his rifle and fled.

Justice Kasali adjourned the case till February 2, 2011.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010112415521390

My Question is If a police officer can be at large in Nigeria for killing a citizen,what hope is there for us in our country when no one can be brought to justice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Troops Raid Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta / Fraudster came to defraud me today (am a POS operator) / Before And After Pics Of Kidnapped Sokoto Varsity Profesor Released By Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.