Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 (22817 Views)

How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? / I'm Planning To Drill Borehole But I Have A Few Concerns / How Much To Drill Borehole In Lifecamp Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by mistyebby(f): 11:47am On Dec 07, 2019
thunder74:
We don enter one chance

Tip of an ice berg. Wait till they eventually get Aso rock.
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by mistyebby(f): 11:51am On Dec 07, 2019
Worksunlimited:

Are we part of the advanced countries?

Something we are still struggling to remain in under-developed countries..

Take several seats jere..

Don't mind that gullible fellow
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by EgunMogaji2: 11:52am On Dec 07, 2019
earthgirl:
When are we going to have licence to carry guns?

I'm all in cool
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Duru009(m): 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2019
Is the government not suppose to provide water to the people?
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Poanan: 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
thunder74:
We don enter one chance

It is not one chance. Drilling a borehole anyway is not good for the environment. Those that studied geography will understand. If I a block of 8 flats or 16 flats everybody drills borehole what do u think will happen in future.

A neighbour of ours become so close to my mum when they wanted to drill a borehole. We told them not to drill but use ours. So they should bought a pumping machine. My mum did not collect a kobo. She didn't understand what she was doing but she just saw it as a waste of money for my neighbour to drill when we already have one.
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by dontbothermuch: 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
sylve11:

so the money gotten from the licences issued go stop the earthquakes? undecided cool

I have to say

Check below.
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by dontbothermuch: 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
sylve11:

so the money gotten from the licences issued go stop the earthquakes? undecided cool

This is the best reply
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by maxzzo1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
U see how wicked our govt can be, water that they cannot provide for people o dey want then for sourcing their own water.....wickedness
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by davido91(m): 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
[quote author=Saviola6053 post=84698531][/quote]

He said "arrogant" Igbos. He wasn't generalising. What kind of disgusting comment is this?
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by maxzzo1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
Toosure70:
only if you know why the advance country against bore holes. It causes earthquakes.
So is water entering ur house from d govt? Mumu nebi only earthquake na tsunami
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by seniormallam(m): 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2019
There's different between borehole and converted well, you can dig well anyhow you want it, but its madness for ten compound in one street to drill borehole when just one port can serve all of you........ Those boreholes weakened the ground and exposed those houses to vibration......... Once one person drill borehole, the left and right compound should tap it, they only need their own storage tank in their compound, water cannot run dry , five compound can filled their tanks from just one borehole port. Mind you , I'm not talking about a well with a pumping machine o, I mean company drilled borehole

If it's electricity now , they will tap from the closest pole, why didn't they buy their own pole and tap from the transformer?

Tap water from the nearest drilled borehole instead of weakening the ground and expose houses to vibration.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by shiwex: 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
helinues:
Licence for drilling borehole??

Niger is 4ucked......Government should be providing water for all

1 Like

Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Bluntemperor: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2019
Governor Sanwo-Olu,please don't fall into temptation o.You know Ambode wanted such and quickly reality sets in and he abandoned it.What are the realities on this project?. when we were young in Lagos,Alh.Lateef Jakande started the following projects and all went through:
I.Mini-Water Works.For instance,from Igbobi-College to Ilaje-Bariga,we all witnessed it since we school and lived there.Same in all local government of the State.
Today,those water pipelines are destroyed and gone.no more water,so people have to look for help through bore-holes or Pure Water, even though Lagos is surrounded by water!!.Do you blame them or do you want to task them or chase them away? .Is that the reason for voting in a new Govt?.
ii.Mini-Housing Projects-all over Lagos by same Jakande.in fact,my friend father who was a Capenter-Works got a two bedroom apartment by just collecting and filing a Form.There was no pady-pady to get your share then,unlike nowadays.!
iii.Roads Projects-all over Lagos,not just one sided(do few first four years,some later as we know today!!.
iv . -Establishment of Higher Institutions(I can't remember if LASPOTECH or LASU was among). Remember the LTV and Radio Lagos?.All those Projects stood the test of time.
v. Established(Proposed) Metroline Project(French) company came to start Marina works when the Military collapsed the bloody- Civilians era!. Yet we now have more resources,lower grade of works for the electorates!!, that is Shameful,as President Trump would say!!
Please,Sir,look at this problem properly and let's embark on the good works for the people of Lagos will remember you for.
God bless Lagos State,God bless our Governor.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Lifediary: 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
Toosure70:
only if you know why the advance country against bore holes. It causes earthquakes.

You don't cut a tree from the head, rather remove it from the roots. The advanced countries you talked had provided a good network supply for their citizens. This is what a government that knows it's onions is meant to do.
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by mrfm1: 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
dipoolowoo:
By Dipo Olowookere

Lagos State government has said by the first quarter of next year, it would begin to issue licences and permits before any borehole is drilled for water in any part of the state.

Executive Secretary of the Lagos State Water Regulatory Commission, Mrs Funke Femi Adepoju, while addressing stakeholders at a meeting, explained that this move was to safeguard residents of the metropolis.

The meeting was attended by members of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA), Financial Institutions, Association of Table Water Producers (ATWAP) and Association of Water Well Drilling Rig Owners Operators among others.

According to her, the exercise, which is to be launched by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, is to regulate the process of water abstraction in the state.

Mrs Adepoju affirmed that licensing was a significant process in the regulation of any industry as the commission was determined to ensure its availability and sustainability to prevent the effect on unregulated water abstraction.

“What is paramount to government is how abstraction affects us as a people not just today but the future with emphases on pollution, contamination of water bodies, saline filtration into the system, over-abstraction and unregulated abstraction,” she stated.

While assuring that only registered companies captured in data will be issued a 2-year renewable license with unique and personalized number, the Executive Secretary explained that the commission was not established for a punitive purpose, but rather to establish standard in the water extraction industry in order to ensure that the health and safety of citizens are not compromised.

According to her, the essence of the engagement was to improve the relationship between stakeholders and government by developing ways to sanitize the industry, stressing that the agency has acquired mobile water test kits which are to be used in testing samples during operation and that approval for the acquisition of a standard laboratory for water testing is on the way.

https://businesspost.ng/general/lagosians-to-obtain-licence-to-drill-borehole-from-2020/
Which kind of wahala be this again?
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Raysleek: 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
They still want to make money out of their failure to provide portable water. Permission to drill a borehole is different but licensing means you want to monetize people that are preferring a solution to get water for themselves.
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by APOSTLECHUMA: 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2019
Nukilia:
angry Nigeria is getting there.... Slowly but surely grin
#RevolutionNow
BETTER WE GATHER IN ONE PLACE AND STONE THEM TO DEATH.
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Mrquote: 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
Toosure70:
If the government did their job they won't be any at all
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Greenback: 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
shocked

Yes especially those arrogant Igbos who claim Lagos is no man's land

Says a popular face me I face you tenant

grin grin

lzaa immhotep

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
Greenback:

Says a popular face me I face you tenant

grin grin

lzaa
ProudlyAfarmer is still owing his Igbo landlordgrin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by alexola20(m): 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Blitzerz: 3:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

The military really messed lot of things up.

We are communist by nature while claiming capitalism, can water be sold if yes government has no reason to get involved, they can build the infrastructure and concession it, but thier responsibility should be regulation and giving licences to capable people.
I thought u just said govt wasn't involved?

Are u telling us what happens abroad or what should Happen?

Which side are you?

because Govt has water pipes running across cities abroad.
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by bizhop01: 4:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
Very soon in lagos you must get license before you have sex.
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Legendguru: 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
Why
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blitzerz:

I thought u just said govt wasn't involved?

Are u telling us what happens abroad or what should Happen?

Which side are you?

because Govt has water pipes running across cities abroad.
I said the military made us seem like a welfare state by providing things that private entities should have provided, if provision of potable water falls under social amenities leave it for the government to do, if it does not, then you need licensing and regulations to do that.
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by mankand(m): 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
Are these people mad? Did the government provide accessible water for the people?
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by tonididdy(m): 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
Nigeria Nigerians when una go wake up.

They won't provide water but will bill you before you can provide water for yourself.

Next will be solar bill, generator bill, electric fence bill... They won't provide anything but will tax you if you provide it for yourself.

The things we accommodate from these bastards called leaders, the middle East will not tolerate even 1/10th of it.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by DaddyNimo(m): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Toosure70:
have you ever heard of earthquake in Nigeria ever before? stop talking like mugu
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by VanSARS: 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2019
dipoolowoo:
By Dipo Olowookere

Lagos State government has said by the first quarter of next year, it would begin to issue licences and permits before any borehole is drilled for water in any part of the state.

Executive Secretary of the Lagos State Water Regulatory Commission, Mrs Funke Femi Adepoju, while addressing stakeholders at a meeting, explained that this move was to safeguard residents of the metropolis.
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

The meeting was attended by members of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA), Financial Institutions, Association of Table Water Producers (ATWAP) and Association of Water Well Drilling Rig Owners Operators among others.

According to her, the exercise, which is to be launched by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, is to regulate the process of water abstraction in the state.

Mrs Adepoju affirmed that licensing was a significant process in the regulation of any industry as the commission was determined to ensure its availability and sustainability to prevent the effect on unregulated water abstraction.

“What is paramount to government is how abstraction affects us as a people not just today but the future with emphases on pollution, contamination of water bodies, saline filtration into the system, over-abstraction and unregulated abstraction,” she stated.

While assuring that only registered companies captured in data will be issued a 2-year renewable license with unique and personalized number, the Executive Secretary explained that the commission was not established for a punitive purpose, but rather to establish standard in the water extraction industry in order to ensure that the health and safety of citizens are not compromised.

According to her, the essence of the engagement was to improve the relationship between stakeholders and government by developing ways to sanitize the industry, stressing that the agency has acquired mobile water test kits which are to be used in testing samples during operation and that approval for the acquisition of a standard laboratory for water testing is on the way.

https://businesspost.ng/general/lagosians-to-obtain-licence-to-drill-borehole-from-2020/
Re: Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 by OBIPLUS(m): 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
Soil scientists should be used to help in conservation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Questions To Ask Before Buying A Land / Four Siblings Trapped To Death As Building Collapses In Enugu / Gas Explosion Rocks Badagry, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.