Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot - Music/Radio (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot (18965 Views)

What Are Your Favourites Shows On Nigeria Info Fm 99.3 / Critique: M.I 2 / Jah-bless Ft Ice Prince, Ruggedman, Eldee, Durella And Reminisce, Joor Oh Rmx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2010
DBR:

3 of u are both laffin ??,  ok naa grin

oNe

lol,, dbr u don craze, na the 3 both of us , meanwhile i will play no one can curse and number one again and again. those are the only 2 songs that shoulda made mi's new album.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Wordsmith(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2010
What is the issue here and why all the uneccesary fuss? M. I 2 is a wack album and musical direction (whatever the hell that is. . .), is just an excuse for the wackness of that album. The claim that M.I in his new album, spits what the average non-hiphop heads can relate to, is indeed laughable. And TAI didn't do the same? Fa Christ's sake, Ruggedman has been doing that since 04. Several hiphop acts infuse "Nigerian-ness" into they songs/album . As a matter of fact, the credit goes mainly to cats like Ajasa and Dagrin.
If there's something more "Nigerian"/indigenous than spittin' in your native language, please let me know.

Whereas TAI brought him critical acclaim and commercial success, MI2 just brings commercial success, albeit online.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2010
Wordsmith:

M. I 2 is a wack album and musical direction (whatever the hell that is. . .), is just an excuse for the wackness of that album.

lmao, wordsmith can u rap better than MI?? grin grin
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Wordsmith(m): 4:14pm On Dec 20, 2010
@ bolaji,

i do not question M.I's lyrical skills. What i question is the quality of the album.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by slimshay(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2010
Oya o, awon boys haff vex ooo!!!

Ibime no you giv this album 9.5 abeg come out oh.

I already said it, what he did isn't new.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2010
@Hax
It's obvious u know next to nothing outside Shad and The Roots . . . the Nigerian music scene is foreign to you, Bleep that, music is foreign to you . . .that's obvious.
Now, I'll ask three yes/no questions . . .

1. Has M.I proved that he's a great rapper with M.I, Talk About It, Illegal Music and the many collabos he was on??
2. What is the most popular beef song in Nigerian hiphop music??
3. Is M.I 2 good music??
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Mobinga: 7:43pm On Dec 20, 2010
eldee:

@Hax
It's obvious u know next to nothing outside Shad and The Roots . . . the Nigerian music scene is foreign to you, bleep that, music is foreign to you . . .that's obvious.
Now, I'll ask three yes/no questions . . .

1. Has M.I proved that he's a great rapper with M.I, Talk About It, Illegal Music and the many collabos he was on??
Not Great.

Ehen(Rap like mumu, eedris diss) - RuggedMan

3. Is M.I 2 good music??
For you, yes. For Majority HELL FUCKING NO!!!
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by miebijon: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2010
dont usually do this bt c'on,
@wordsmith, you sayin its a wack album, i am expectin sometin sick from you, dont fall my hand ooo,
@ Mobinga.''For you, yes. For Majority HELL bleeping NO!''
which majoritywhere is your prove for such bold statement, if you said you and your friends good,
from NJO, there was a poll there, n i can tell you, majority felt its was beta than TAI, a few felt TAI was beta than this, and just a lil numba like you felt it was wack,, i guess abt 39 from 368 felt it was wack
there are 61comments from bellanaija, abt 40get it a good score, some felt it was 10 out of 10,
Naijaura had just 1comment, the person felt it was good, so get your fact rite,
some stuffs are just written from hate, and cos your own personal reason, nt cos the album is as bad as you are makin it b,
@ eldee.
MI is a good rapper, only a few can get close to him, i said this cos they can be counted,
Ehen-Ruggedman, and nobody test me.
3. Is M.I 2 good music??
Yes, and majority tink so,
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Wordsmith(m): 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2010
MI2 reminds one of Eminem's Relapse. . .
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Mobinga: 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2010
Wordsmith:

MI2 reminds one of Eminem's Relapse. . .
\\
grin grin Com on man. . Even Sauce's album was better than relapse
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Mobinga: 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2010
miebijon:

dont usually do this bt c'on,
@wordsmith, you sayin its a wack album, i am expectin sometin sick from you, dont fall my hand ooo,
@ Mobinga.''For you, yes. For Majority HELL bleeping NO!''
which majoritywhere is your prove for such bold statement, if you said you and your friends good,
from NJO, there was a poll there, n i can tell you, majority felt its was beta than TAI, a few felt TAI was beta than this, and just a lil numba like you felt it was wack,, i guess abt 39 from 368 felt it was wack
there are 61comments from bellanaija, abt 40get it a good score, some felt it was 10 out of 10,
Naijaura had just 1comment, the person felt it was good, so get your fact rite,
some stuffs are just written from hate, and cos your own personal reason, nt cos the album is as bad as you are makin it b,
@ eldee.
MI is a good rapper, only a few can get close to him, i said this cos they can be counted,
Ehen-Ruggedman, and nobody test me.
3. Is M.I 2 good music??
Yes, and majority tink so,

Make you're typing more legible  angry

The people that gave this album high ratings belong to the chocolate city hype machine. They are people without minds of their own. MI2 is Crap! I still can't believe this crap trended World Wide and Nicki's Pink Friday didn't?? Pink Friday completely annihilates this album.

Quote Me
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Ibime(m): 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2010
Some dudes had expected lyricism from MI. I guess your level of disappointment/appointment depends on your expectation.

When I was buying albums voraciously, I bought rappers like Kurupt and Tash not for their lyrical content but for the overall vibe their albums projected.

I was just listening to MI2 to see what direction or flavour African HipHop should take. I wasn't expecting lyrics or any of the sort. I'm a lyrical beast myself and have never looked to rappers like MI for lyrical direction, not even on TAI.

My only brief when listening to MI2 is (a.) I know this rapper is competent (b.) What direction is he taking the music.

The blend of African music and HipHop (plus lyrical competence - give or take some unprofessional punchlines) simply did it for me.

As for those who said the production was wack, again I say WHATTTTT!!!!
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by miebijon: 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2010
@molinga, sm min ago, you wrote MAJORITY, so i ask.,,,where is your prove??its called reference,
if its his hype men, how d Bleep do you know, ?u really tink everyone shares your opinion??
i mean i read someone talkin abt his sales and that he mite have paid NJO to say he broke the sellin record, i think thats just hate,
his album was good for me.it had wat i could relate with, and dats wat i am interested in, could be wack for you, good, bt dont come with the majority stuff.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2010
Ibime:

As for those who said the production was wack, again I say WHATTTTT!!!!

you would never know what good production is if it smacks you right in the face. m.i. 2 is the worst production i have seen in the naija hip-hop mainstream. wande coal's album sounds better and he is not a rapper. a whole m.i. that spent part of his life in the states couldn't put an album together to make sense. he should jailed for fraud.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2010
For me, rap primarily is about the words u spit. .lyricism. .
E'rthing else is secondary. And I aint lookin to M.I for lyrical direction either. .I hold ma own!
But if u call urself the hiphop mesiah u had beta come tru in dat department. .no mata d direction u pushin.
If vibe is wat I'm after,I'l get me a terry G or Timaya cd. .this is RAP hombre. .not even when some refer to him as a lyricist!
Sayin cos u aint lookin for lyrical direction excuses him is like sayin u'l excuse M9 if he has poor mixing or hook on some joints cos u aint lookin for well
Produced tracks but lyricism!
If ur argument hold merit ibi, then u shud not hav anythin against B.O.B!

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 11:01pm On Dec 20, 2010
Plus, y'all need to quit this 9ja/african DIRECTION talk.
There's nothin new in wat he did. .so ok he had flavour who sang wit igbo accent on a highlife beat . .that's just 1 track, 1 forkin track. .rapped in pidgin on others on beats that wil sit well wit flocka. .I fail to see the african blueprint "direction" y'all talkin bout.

I'v said this, we likin or toleratin this because its M.I.
If some other artist did this we wuldda dashed out d cd or erased from out harddrive. .innit Eldee? Lol.

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Wordsmith(m): 2:26am On Dec 21, 2010
^ I made this comment some posts back. There's absolutely nothing new in what he's done pertaining to the "Africanness" of this album, that hasn't been done way way before MI, so kini big deal?
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 3:16am On Dec 21, 2010
I can see Eldee's name is trending like erm . . . #M.I 2. grin grin
I still don't have time to read posts . . . but I'll say sumn on the FAQs on this thread.

Y'all talk about Africanness is a country where every rap album has rappers spitting in sum next American accent . . . in a country where people complain because you use 'My belle oh my headi ooh' as your hook, in a country where one of the biggest rappers said 'how can you claim to be a good rapper if you don't rap in English' . . . keep deceiving yourselves. So is it Anoti or Beef, I know which is more African.

Why did he take this direction?? Because there is an audience bigger than the Talk About It audience that's being ignored in Naij . . . Dbanj shouldn't have more fans than Modenine when Modenine puts in more effort . . . I've explained this before, hiphop cannot survive without pop influences.

Am I accepting it just because it's M.I?? Of course . . . he's proven himself on two albums and one mixtape, I don't need proof that M.I is lyrical. If you think M.I isn't good at rapping, go take Bar Beach do jacuzzi . . . I've seen what he can do, but now he's gone from Jeezy to 2shot and that's a landmark in Naija hiphop whether you like it or not.

And BTW, I'm surprised no one has said 'Eldee prefers M.I 2 to TAI'
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 3:22am On Dec 21, 2010
Y'all shouldn't worry if I take long to reply . . . I've got loads of work to do.

@DBR

TBH, no one cares bout whether you listen to Terry G for vibes or not, he's proven himself on the hiphop Messiah part, gave Nigerian hiphop a CPR.
He's done whatever you need to consider him a good rapper, now he's doing what he needs to do to be an even better artiste, deal with it.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by kannymoore(m): 4:07am On Dec 21, 2010
As for Me sha, I LOVE THE ALBUM LIKE MAAAAAAAD! It seems theres a marked difference btw the N150 MI2 and the MI2 being sold online and that is the skits. I see that many of you guys hate the skits, Well then, Sorry o! The album i bought ( @N150) has only 2 skits and in my opinion they are absolutely hillarious. So, for all you guyz who have the online version of MI2 gathering dust on your shelves, Abeg, (prostrating), Send am come my side, I go dey very very grateful.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by kannymoore(m): 4:11am On Dec 21, 2010
I read somewhere for this thread say MI, JESSE JAGS AND O4Oka dey read una yarns dey laff, Erm, M. I, Pls find small chair for your end for me make i follow una laff too! Lol!
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 9:06am On Dec 21, 2010
kannymoore:

I read somewhere for this thread say MI, JESSE JAGS AND O4ka dey read una yarns dey laff,  Erm, M. I,  Pls find small chair for your end for me make i follow una laff too! Lol!

no mind them , we are watching all of them in the background,   brymo and ice prince just entered now sef, at the moment we are playing fifa 11 and waiting for u people to keep arguing and posting, infact we are enjoying your argument, go on guys, make una no worry i already told MI to give u hiphop heads illegal music 2 in april. abi argument never finish?

Wordsmith:

@04ka

i do not question M.I's lyrical skills. What i question is the quality of the album.

yo smith, u may have a point in terms of lyrical weakness, but production wise , u cant even question it. if u wanna listen well, get a monitor speaker and play the beats on it, the production can never be called wack, what the album lacked is good songs, personally i told MI that i liked only 2 songs,, number one and no one can curse, thats because i am biased towards good beats and production too, if u say lyrical weakness i accept , MI dissappointed u hiphop heads cuz money is more important in this business. why should MI please u and remain poor when he can please gurls and get rich? think about it.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Mobinga: 10:05am On Dec 21, 2010
Just go to 4shared and type MI2
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Fred87(m): 10:21am On Dec 21, 2010
I was neva interested,d other wannabee dirt is enuff. @mobinga i bought MBDTF cos of ur turn,buh am enjoyin it,do u hv distant relative if yes post d tracklistin abeg bruv.eeeezz
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by dawhizkid1(m): 10:35am On Dec 21, 2010
DBR:

Plus, y'all need to quit this 9ja/african DIRECTION talk.
There's nothin new in wat he did. .so ok he had flavour who sang wit igbo accent on a highlife beat . .that's just 1 track, 1 forkin track. .rapped in pidgin on others on beats that wil sit well wit flocka. .I fail to see the african blueprint "direction" y'all talkin bout.

I'v said this, we likin or toleratin this because its M.I.
If some other artist did this we wuldda dashed out d cd or erased from out harddrive. .innit Eldee? Lol.

oNe

Naeto C already did dat na. . . On a Song he featured Ken Saro Wiwa. Track 13 or song on his U Know My P LP.
MI2 Is not in the neighborhood of Great. And if y'all talking bout 'Good Music', No one should come here and Diss Terry G! This Good Music Talk is just an Excuse. . . A flimzy 0ne! 1!
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Genuflect(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2010
da-whizkid:

Naeto C already did dat na. . . On a Song he featured Ken Saro Wiwa. Track 13 or song on his U Know My P LP.
MI2 Is not in the neighborhood of Great. And if y'all talking bout 'Good Music', No one should come here and Diss Terry G! This Good Music Talk is just an Excuse. . . A flimzy 0ne! 1!
Abeg make una continue una MI wahala. Nobody should mention Terry G abeg. Terry spits some of the best lyrics meeeeehhn. But you have to be in the Spirit to get it
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by rapjunkie(m): 11:38am On Dec 21, 2010
Genuflect:

Abeg make una continue una MI wahala. Nobody should mention Terry G abeg. Terry spits some of the best lyrics meeeeehhn. But you have to be in the Spirit to get it

he means 'high like a kite'. . . . grin
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 10:41am On Dec 22, 2010
da-whizkid:

MI2 Is not in the neighborhood of Great. And if y'all talking bout 'Good Music', No one should come here and Diss Terry G!

i second that , terry g makes most of the dopest music in nigeria,,, all these rappers are not half as creative as terry g, who is not even a rapper
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by tosinaded(m): 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2010
he dropped TAI, they said he's a kanye and weezy wannabe

he drops MI2 they say he went watery. . . . . .

kile tun fe nitori Olorun?
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

he dropped TAI, they said he's a kanye and weezy wannabe

he drops MI2 they say he went watery. . . . . .

kile tun fe nitori Olorun?

lol, this guy na fool i swear, who u dey ask question now? grin grin grin
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by tosinaded(m): 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
abi u know see all the display of analytic skills, because of m.i.2
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

abi u know see all the display of analytic skills, because of m.i.2

lol. he still didnt get the message

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Kind Of Songs Tuck You To Sleep At Night / Vector Vs Ice-Prince: Who's More Talented? / VIDEO: Phyno – “fada Fada” Ft. Olamide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.