Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill (23261 Views)

Prophet Abiara Visits TB Joshua's Wife, Says 'He Was A Real Man Of God' / Johnson Odesola: Social Media Bill Laughable / Meet Grace Ojewande, 56-Year-Old Virgin Married To Prophet Samuel Abiara (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by jamespeter10(m): 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
Popular clergyman, Prophet Samuel Abiara, has declared his support for the Social Media Bill.

The clergyman while speaking at a press conference in Ibadan, Oyo state on Saturday December 7th, said the bill is not aimed at gagging freedom of speech but to fight fake news and sensationalism that could destroy the nation.

According to him, some unscrupulous elements have used social media to spread fake news about Nigerian leaders and clergymen.

β€œIt is good that social media has expanded the information space globally. People connect and communicate better than before. But that privilege has been abused many times by unscrupulous elements who have been spreading fake news and libeling government officials and church leaders.

People should be free to talk but once they report false or fake news, there should be consequences. They should not be allowed to get away with abusing the platform,” he said.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2019/12/prophet-samuel-abiara-declares-support-for-social-media-bill.html

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Johnwhiteceo(f): 1:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
Read More>>>>>HERE

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
I can't wast my energy reading this gibberish

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by PatriotTemidayo: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
This, in its self could be a fake news.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by warrenweste(m): 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
Oh
Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Larryfest(m): 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
So death penalty should be given to someone who reports fake news right I wonder how this people read the Bible sef cos even Jesus preached forgiveness in the Bible but here you have a man of God supporting nonsense, funny thing is they hardly talk about how the government treats the masses as cos it doesn't affect them.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by 989900: 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
Supporting a bill he doesn't even have the details about.

Where do we get all these archaic ignorant folks from?

What's the deal with supposedly religious people and the death punishment?

#hypocriticalbunch

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by seniormallam(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
Baba is seeking approval for a university I guess.........

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Racoon(m): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2019
shocked I guess it's not truly the prophet S.K.Abira of CAC that I know back then in the 1980s? A bill that even the senate has back down from?

Where was this man when David Oyedepo, Paul Eneche, Johnson Suliaman etc were condemning this same satanic bill.Remember Pharoah man.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Blakjewelry(m): 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
he dey fear make them no go expose hid yansh someday

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
Wetin com concern our pastor concern politics now? Baba abeg, no put mouth for dem mata oo. If dem wan kee themselves on top the bill, male dem do so. Pls sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by vertueptime: 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
He wants to trend and be popular

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Johnwhiteceo:
Hmm am shocked he supports this bill sad
...I'm...

8 Likes

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Muyiwaipere(m): 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
A
Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Ruggedniggaone: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
so that your fake miracle won't be exposed abi

6 Likes

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Knockonmidoor: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Information is good
Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Knockonmidoor: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Wow
Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by steveyoungwealth: 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by hisexcellency34: 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
Pale, how far>
Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Kristoff9: 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ok
Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by texazzpete(m): 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
jamespeter10:
Popular clergyman, Prophet Samuel Abiara, has declared his support for the Social Media Bill.

The clergyman while speaking at a press conference in Ibadan, Oyo state on Saturday December 7th, said the bill is not aimed at gagging freedom of speech but to fight fake news and sensationalism that could destroy the nation.

According to him, some unscrupulous elements have used social media to spread fake news about Nigerian leaders and clergymen.

β€œIt is good that social media has expanded the information space globally. People connect and communicate better than before. But that privilege has been abused many times by unscrupulous elements who have been spreading fake news and libeling government officials and church leaders.

People should be free to talk but once they report false or fake news, there should be consequences. They should not be allowed to get away with abusing the platform,” he said.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2019/12/prophet-samuel-abiara-declares-support-for-social-media-bill.html

I wonder if he prophesied that people would call him a clown after making this inane statement?

Imagine clergymen that barely pay any tax, opening mouth to complain and call for more repression of free speech.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Auxtin85(m): 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
See this ancestor supporting evil against the next generation. This one is already close to his last days on earth and he is still supporting hate speech bill

6 Likes

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Gratefulll(f): 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
This man is not up to date.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by anochuko01(m): 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
when did CAC pastors start contributing to national issues? lol
i respect this man, so he should go back to his fasting and prayer

1 Like

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by undefeateds: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
very funny,I don't like talking about men of GOD, so as not to offend GOD,but this one,I must talk,I remembered during the days of Elijah,he is not afraid of saying the truth,they say it exactly the way it is,I remember Moses going to pharaoh telling him God said he should free the isrealites, but instead of that,this one is even throwing his weight behind oppressor,did he even know what he is talking about,well, am sure we still have many men of GOD that will never support this evil acts,that will never compromise their faith for anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by qualityovenbake(m): 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
Gibberish.
Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
Though the motivation for bill might be sincere, it is simply a case of misplaced priorities. The potential for the bill to be used as a weapon by politicians is also of great concern. I think a bill to review the penalties on corrupt politicians should take precedence over the social media bill. What people are saying is that if you must implement the social media bill with such stiff penalties with the argument that it would curb false news propagation, do so in like manner to corrupt politicians. The effect of the latter is worse than the former. It is as simple as that.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by NaijaHeadlines: 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
Hmm
Re: Prophet Samuel Abiara Supports Social Media Bill by nuhu2018(m): 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
see him face I'm sorry to say it

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Wealthy Man Visited My Office With Snake Juju For Prayer - Dr. Olukoya / How I Ended Up As A Mathematics Professor - Pastor Enoch Adeboye / I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.