Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment (10334 Views)

Fresh BMW Scandal : Patience Jonathan Got Import Waivers For Coscharis Motors / ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo / How Jonathan Got His GCFR By Reuben Abati - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by delagasky(m): 2:19am On Nov 26, 2010
netotse:

word on the street is that patience was actually up to no good but this guy tukur(not bamanga, cant rem his name, he worked with NIA back then, he's now in presidency) got ribadu to handle it before things got to a head. That's what some malo boys told me sha. . .and these boys know what's happening in abj, i can vouch for that. . .

@kobo
i'm surprised you didn't get tkb's statement, if you're familiar with the way naija ppl speak it shouldn't have been an issue, his asking 'are you the one that pays their school fees?'  would have read 'so the reason you're so sure that he has a child schooling in spain is because you pay the child's school fees abi?' to anyone that thinks in naija  grin

it's the same principle involved in me replying a girl that asks me to buy something for her with: na your papa dey pay my salary?

@thread
apparently it's public knowledge that jonathan has two young kids by a second wife, they live somewhere in maitama. . .

if that portion is true, then he is not loyal to his wife, and by extension, i wont bliv the rest of his statement!!
@TKB. . .chillax!!
uncalled for
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Donjay13(m): 2:36am On Nov 26, 2010
Musiwa,:

drmoney may be because they discovered , who was behind it all from the place. It is a shame some people have no shame and it is wrong to use children to play politics.

And those who play games with other people lifes, would see how they too end up. God is watching and the wicked shall Not go without been punished. And the wicked shall weep.
PhysicsQED:

LMAO. Classic.

How do u mean ? dis is one reason while our educational standard in dis country crashed,y because our political leaders send there wards abroad to study,so they don't give a heck what's going on in our country,if they all bring there wards down here to study i fink they wuld not sit back and watch the standard of edu fall in this country.we should learn how to appreciate ppl when they do right and not finding faults.he is setting example as a good leaders.,i fink others should emulate him.remember he is not a perfect person.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by rasputinn(m): 6:03am On Nov 26, 2010
[size=16pt]For those who want to wish away the contents the comments of GEJ in the link above,I'll ask you to go ask the average Nigerian politician how easy/difficult it is to have their children school here in Nigerria,be loyal to their wives etc[/size]
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Mobinga: 6:16am On Nov 26, 2010
I see Kobojunkie is being a bitc. . . , Its usual
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by cynthoney(f): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2010
if d guy has his children abroad,y hold it against him

an average nigerian can afford to send his children to school abroad,

y cant d president do d same?

most times politicians send their family abroad cos of security reasons!

Go ahead,Mr. Goodluck, u hv my vote anyday and time

better u dan those blood-sucking and money-sucking vampires
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by sayso: 6:57am On Nov 26, 2010
but the truth still remains,we will not be the one voting him in.The vote they have decided already.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by xoxogg(f): 7:43am On Nov 26, 2010
Well well, GEJ may not be dat bad afterall cheesy cheesy, a full governor's term without any properties abroad, mayb he is better than his PDP counterparts. Nevertheless i'll only vote PDP when hell freezes over, smiley smiley
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Muza(m): 7:56am On Nov 26, 2010
xoxo, :

Well well, GEJ may not be dat bad afterall cheesy cheesy, a full governor's term without any properties abroad, mayb he is better than his PDP counterparts. Nevertheless i'll only vote PDP when hell freezes over, smiley smiley

please dont tell me u believe what he said concernin the properties and accounts abroad,pls dont be so gullible.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by dejilam(m): 8:25am On Nov 26, 2010
I dont believe him, even if they do,do they attend government schools.NIGERIANS will be shocked should this guy get re-elected they are all thesame angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by tkb417(m): 8:28am On Nov 26, 2010
delagasky:

if that portion is true, then he is not loyal to his wife, and by extension, i wont bliv the rest of his statement!!
@TKB. . .chillax!!
uncalled for
ok sir
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by paragga(f): 8:34am On Nov 26, 2010
lol
when its dark,all men are black.

<grin> i like that
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Bawss1(m): 8:35am On Nov 26, 2010
It is rather condescending that GEJ is using the fact that his kids school in Nigeria to score political points. They are probably in Nigeria because they are still youngsters, when they reach the age for university education I can bet that they will not be in schooling in Nigeria. . . but all of this is besides the point. Nigeria's educational system needs to be overhauled, what are his plans to address this; thats what we should be discussing here.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Rhino4dm: 8:57am On Nov 26, 2010
Is this guy a joke or just acting a script? Hmm i just have to make a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Excllncy(m): 9:02am On Nov 26, 2010
God bless Nigeria, God bless our President. GEJ pls carry go.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by ifyalways(f): 9:05am On Nov 26, 2010
delagasky:

Nlders can be funny sha.
Husband and wife living together and an outsider sniffing and telling who is loyal and what not?
Anyways,Patience could not have a child,She and Jonny decided to take a younger girl to give them children and some peeps see it as disloyalty?to whom pray tell . . Nigerians abi who  
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Ninapha(f): 9:05am On Nov 26, 2010
@soldee

Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment
GEJ claims to be loyal to his wife who has no kids for him when in the same sentence he is proclaiming 'my children'      

Now this is too dumb to be seen on Nairaland forum.  So if his first wife does not have children with him, he cant have children by adoption or in agreement with his wife to marry another wife who can give birth for him. A man says I have children and u are saying he does not.

For his statement, He stands to be challenged,  Once there are facts that he has propeties abroad and children studing there we are good to confront his statement, afterall, IBB is a master in "digging deep"  Atiku was VP when GEJ was DG And Governor, Let them arise to challenge him.  

We are waiting the manisfesto has just started!

Bawss1:

It is rather condescending that GEJ is using the fact that his kids school in Nigeria to score political points. They are probably in Nigeria because they are still youngsters, when they reach the age for university education I can bet that they will not be in schooling in Nigeria. . . but all of this is besides the point. Nigeria's educational system needs to be overhauled, what are his plans to address this; thats what we should be discussing here.

Maybe u wd give it to someone who instituted 419 as a national code and someone who is using his loot to establish American Uni in Nigeria.  Someone who has the audacity to tell Nigerians he pays million Dollar to his American lecturers when he had opportunity ofturning nigerian Uni into What he desired. who could not account for PTF, Privatisation Proceeds but was busy buying every nigerian parastatal in disguise and establishing American uni.

If care is not taken Nigerian wd soon be renamed " Rebublic of AtiBan"

tkb417:
@TKB. . .chillax!!
uncalled for

ok sir

Real ok sir indeed my person!  @delagasky, define Loyality in marriage!
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by xoxogg(f): 9:12am On Nov 26, 2010
Muza:

please dont tell me u believe what he said concernin the properties and accounts abroad,pls dont be so gullible.

As a matter of fact yes i do, if he lies about such a thing, his opposition would find out and use it against him, and i am sure he's aware of that and wouldn't take that risk by kicking himself in the foot. Though the question of whether he used to own properties abroad is still open, he could have disposed them solely for a political statement. I am not that gullible angry angry angry, i know this isn't enough of a criteria to vote a president but for the first time i give him a pass mark amongst all the other fails he has in my book.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by delegiwa(m): 9:17am On Nov 26, 2010
Musiwa,:

The reason , why nigerian have thier children abroad is because the PDP, which is Jonathan party has been in power for nearly 12 years now and have not been able to fix the educational system in Nigeria.  

So all of a sudden, Jonathan is now synoymous with PDP right?  Jonathan has been the Chairman of the party for 12 years now abi? Recall that Atiku has also and Ribadu have always been in PDP and Atiku only left PDP to contest for the Presidency in another party just 4 yrs ago.

Do you now blame Nigerian for taken decision concern thier children future or you blame the PDP. The truth is, the PDP should absolve the Blame in the education sector and other sector, like electricity because nigerian have given the PDP alot of time to fix the problem.  It is 12 years. we are talking about.

If a man has 12 years to fix something and he cant, how can he  blame people for looking for alternative to thier problem.

If you go to public school in nigeria which are run by thier politics party, it is a shame to see some of them. I am sure Jonathan did not put his children in does public school were majority of nigerian children go to.

It is 12 years. we are talking about.  If they cant fix nigeria for 12 years, give me one reason, why you think, if you give them 4 more, they would fix it.
GEJ was the VP under UMYA if you've forgotten (just like Atiku) and only became the Presido this year.  Even Buhari and Ribadu whom u obviously support didn't do more to warrant you labelling GEJ with all the failures of PDP.

Nigeria has structure problem. a bias system.

Instead of Jonathan looking for a way to escape from thier failure in government, he should been asking for solution and tell the whole, we have problem. You cant have a problem and pretend. that person would die in his problem.

He is not escaping my dear and is dealing headlong with them.  Besides, the reason for the facebook page was to ask for solution which he has been doing my dear.

I believe people have to look for alternative if thier government have failed them.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by blinx4real(m): 9:25am On Nov 26, 2010
Nigerian Values have degraded;
- Obj always took his yearly medical check-up at the National Hospital Abuja; meanwhile his deputy was flown to Germany because of a sprain while on the threadmill? Its a question of values. As the main indicator of progress or failure of the Nigerian system, if the President and VP and key govt officials do not trust the Education system and the Health system enuffto use it, then we might as well pack up the country and sell it off to the highest bidder (exactly what Atiku and his goons have in mind).
What GEJ has simply shown is that, he has enuff faith in his ability to restore the country's institutions to allow his children to remain here, you should ask yourself and those politicians you are rooting for if they share the same belief.

Kidnappers are on rampage kidnapping innocent people's family, because all those who claim to lead you have spirited theirs away to safer havens, THINK, People, THINK before it is too late!
The looters continiue looting, yet those who strive to reverse things are anatngonised by the very victims of the looting! Shame.

Are you not behaving like a Slave who has been denied food by his master, yet gladly attack those who attempt to release him at the command of the same master? Shame.
Ask yourself, since the politicians you are gladly defending have been in power under various guises, how has your lot improved in comparison to how their own lot has improved?
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by normac: 9:46am On Nov 26, 2010
Dont usually post especially not on politics cos the arguments are often too stressfull smiley
However a few points:
First the question about whether the guy claiming to know GEJ's son studying in Spain pays the fees - sorry but this question is not relevant here. So its only if you're paying someone's fees that you know the person is there? sorry that does not follow. By that logic you must be paying the fees of all your classmates to acknowledge they are there.

Next - some politicians (albeit a few) have their kids studying in Nigeria, even at university level. Peter Odili's daughter was my classmate while her dad was governor and her elder sister also graduated from my uni. There are a few such politicians here and there.

GEJ seems to be the best of a bad bunch who have a realistic chance but mainly because we already know of the track record of peeps like IBB and Atiku, and not necessarily because GEJ is necessarily a great or visionary leader.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Abayomin70(m): 9:52am On Nov 26, 2010
i will never vote for pdp at any level jonathan is mad and a very useles human man (all south east university are on 4month old strike he said nofin about dat)  
my school olabisi onabanjo univsity has bin on strike for mor dan 3month he was even in ogun state last 2 wik he said nofin about it.
Him and gbenga daniel will neva have peace all d days of their life and forever more amen.i will faint if PDP win ogun state in d nest election
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 26, 2010
Kobojunkie was chopped and screwed. LOL
This is what happens when you try to come across as ultra  intelligent ROFLMAO
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by bababuff(m): 9:56am On Nov 26, 2010
This GEJ man is very funny. Instead of him to face the issues of Nigeria in the really world, he is trying to rule us through Facebook.

Wake up! your luck don finish.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by calyx: 9:58am On Nov 26, 2010
are you serious?

So the guy has kids?

But what manner of loyalty to his oga is that? Like agreeing that the Man called him even when the Man was already dead
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by dustydee: 10:00am On Nov 26, 2010
How many children does he have and which school are they in? You don't have to own property abroad to be a thief. if I own a property abroad, does that make me corrupt?
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by kittykat1(f): 10:10am On Nov 26, 2010
GEJ rocks. All u bad belles fill ur hunger wit gloating
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by megastu(m): 10:24am On Nov 26, 2010
How can he say all his kids live and school in Nigeria, when they are his adopted. The only child he has, who is less than 5 years old is in Lagos. I am sure by the time its school age, he would fly him abroad. Leave story jare.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by OCCULTIST(m): 10:29am On Nov 26, 2010
The problem of material existence--- birth,old age,disease and death---cannot be counteracted by accumulation of wealth and economic development.In many parts of the world there are states which are replete with all facilities of life,which are full of wealth and economically developed,yet the problems of material existence are still present.

They are seeking peace in different ways,but the can achieve real happiness only if they consult GOD

Who is the man in material perplexities? It is he who does not understand the problems of life and go after inferior things

He is a miserly man who does not solve teh problems of life as a human and who thus quits this world like the cats and dogs,without understanding the science of self realization.
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by yommys01(m): 10:45am On Nov 26, 2010
i will never vote for pdp at any level jonathan is mad and a very useles human man (all south east university are on 4month old strike he said nofin about dat)
my school olabisi onabanjo univsity has bin on strike for mor dan 3month he was even in ogun state last 2 wik he said nofin about it.
Him and gbenga daniel will neva have peace all d days of their life and forever more amen.i will faint if PDP win ogun state in d nest election

my broda, don't mind him. Even my wife has refused to cook my food since yesterday and Mr president has said 'nofin' about it. what a wicked man
Re: Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment by benchwest: 10:45am On Nov 26, 2010
gej made a very fantastic point,though he might not be the best in nigeria to champion the number one position
but he is better than them all that are out there to grab that position.
gej apart from coming from the middle class in less than 6 yrs to reach this present position and the one that awaits him

he is the person among them all that shares the same feelings with the middle class because he is from the middle class until now.
so his point is a campaign strategies but it is true and that is very very important for nigerians,
this is the begining of change if gej becomes president come 2011 and surelly futherlly 2015 will bring more change because then by gods grace all this old cargos will give way
it will be new  faces and more intelectual personalities,i am begging that we should change to two party system because the efficient is very very positive
strong govt oposition,eradicate ethnicity and tribalisim.
it brings more qualified politicians and makes it more deficult for lobies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Borno Elders Warn Jonathan On Security Pact With Us / Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 / Nigeria Sixth Worst Country To Grow Old, Says UN Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.