Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (154125 Views)

My Experience Living In Germany And Trying To Learn German On My Own / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by partnerbizn4(m): 11:51am On Dec 10, 2019
sammyironside:
I am working on Canada express entry and if it doesn't workout, I will go back. I am not going to Canada because its better than the UAE, but just to give my other kids Canadian passport. Thats the only problem I have with the UAE. There is no pathway to citizenship. My daughter was born there but they don't care she didn't get residence not to talk about passport. But she's attending a great school and can move to the UK for her High school so its a win win. Plan well never go to the UAE with a one month or 3 months visa in the hope of getting a job and changing to residence. If you do get a Job, your employer will apply and pay for your residence and seize your passport and you will start working like a slave for 2years. Meagre salary, 12 or more hours of work a day. You can only get by but never enough to achieve anything worthwhile.
OK
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Zdoh(m): 11:51am On Dec 10, 2019
izibili44:
Men i love some one like you.your write up very Good.Now my girl friend is in Nigeria. I m coming to see her this month.I M base in Europe with my whity.Now she can no longer take it.she want to come over,i can bring her here with and get her a Good job.I stay in a country where Nigerian has not really spoil and things are good here.But if she com here my jealous lady, i know her to be a lot,Thing will go wrong.she read English.Can u advise be to bring her to U A E. She will not stay in nigeria after seeing me.i cant bring her here now.i dt want her to stay in nigeria again.what do u think?
Hmmm why not been honest with yourself? Why dating the white when you have a lady in Nigeria. Better stick to one before you ruin everything for yourself. You can’t use one stone to kill two birds at the same time. Sit down and think of the most favorable one to you and go for it , no crime in that.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Abidek900(m): 11:53am On Dec 10, 2019
Champagnemami:

What route??
What's your qualification?? What kinda job you coming over for? What's your salary expectations??

The Dubai project should begin wt these questions

1. like, how much can it cost a person willing to travel to UAE?
2. Can a person work and the same time goes to school there
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Zdoh(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2019
ACRI:

God bless you bro!

Please stay in your home country if you value your freedom and leave all these middle East countries. Ask Abike Dabiri of the Diaspora commission, the reports on Nigerians in these places are not good. The hope is a one in a thousand cases. I watched one documentary where Nigerians re begging government to come take them back.
If you can pay agent 1.4M for a visa you can do well in Naija or find a better country with good human right records to go to.
I wonder why he will decide to leave to UAE for that netter. When he can still us the money to upgrade his standard in Nigeria
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Champagnemami(f): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2019
You people didn't lemme finish my story. I would have gone on to tell how people stay here for even up to a year without a job, surviving on stipends from home. How some borrowed money to move over, ended up with 80k naira jobs and creditors back home are threatening their parents. And I would have gone on to mention what a decent salary here should be. And how much you must earn before your spouse can come live here with you.

But then I've said many people come here with little or no information of what's truly at stake. Relying only on info got from the agents who are more concerned with their commission and end up making bogus claims and job promises.

This still doesn't change the fact that there are people making it here big time especially in certain sectors. Dubai labor market belongs to professionals and I did mention that here is not like Europe/America where people are able to do even up to 3 odd jobs a day.

And no I'm not working for 500k a month. I work for the government ministry of education. People whose annual salary is my monthly in Nigeria are able to lead very stable lives.

The middle east in recent years has been the perfect destination for qualified teachers world over with the UAE topping the list. That your friends are in Dubai living in squalor because of hurried poor decisions and a lack of opportunity doesn't change that fact. And yes the sweetest catch of Dubai earnings is that its tax free.

The health sector is also very juicy. Nigerian doctors here earn 20,000 dirhams with 2 years of getting their liscences. This is aside the 2/1 bedroom flat accommodation if you're married/single, school fees allowance for two kids, to and fro flight on a yearly vacation to home country etc

There are engineers here in ADNOC, a big employer, earning 35k aed on a monthly. Yet in this same Dubai you see my nigerian engineer graduate brothers working as baristas for 1500aed. The difference between these two is just one or two certifications that the latter did not know to get

This dichotomy is what i was hoping i could bridge by sharing my experience but some oversabi people would not lemme be.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by mr1759: 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2019
NONNYG:
How about those working in hotels, schools, multinational companies etc, do they seize their passport too?

Yes is party of the condition to get a job, when you are about to employed you go for medical fitness especially your heart, when you pass the company pay for your permit for the next two years as you work with the company, you and the government sign agreement to that effect then the company pay 3000 derah which is about 300,000 naira then the company collect your passport, should you decide you want to go home before two years end you pay the money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by JoesmartNwaSoiL(m): 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2019
birdmansoho:
She even used tax as a bait to appeal to people that Dubai is great and comparable to UK, US etc. The take home income of a minimum wage earner after tax in the UK is about £1150 and that’s approximately 520k naira. And that’s for a 40hour a week and no overtime included. I’m certain it’s same in the US, Canada, Aussie and most first world countries. How many immigrants in Dubai earn up to 500k a month? How many natives earn as much on average? I’m using UK coz that’s where I live and can conveniently make comparisons. Dey here dey paint a useless country as something worthy to consider.

If not that Naija has become a joke I wonder how anyone will encourage even an enemy to move to UAE especially if they can afford to go to Europe or America.

hello please help me, put me through. I promise you won't regret it sir.
please link me up, help younger brother sir.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by izibili44: 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
Zdoh:
Hmmm why not been honest with yourself? Why dating the white when you have a lady in Nigeria. Better stick to one before you ruin everything for yourself. You can’t use one stone to kill two birds at the same time. Sit down and think of the most favorable one to you and go for it , no crime in that.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Zdoh(m): 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
My freedom and peace of mind is very paramount to me.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by bassnaija: 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
Champagnemami:
You people didn't lemme finish my story. I would have gone on to tell how people stay here for even up to a year without a job, surviving on stipends from home. How some borrowed money to move over, ended up with 80k naira jobs and creditors back home are threatening their parents. And I would have gone on to mention what a decent salary here should be. And how much you must earn before your spouse can come live here with you.

But then I've said many people come here with little or no information of what's truly at stake. Relying only on info got from the agents who are more concerned with their commission and end up making bogus claims and job promises.

This still doesn't change the fact that there are people making it here big time especially in certain sectors. Dubai labor market belongs to professionals and I did mention that here is not like Europe/America where people are able to do even up to 3 odd jobs a day.

And no I'm not working for 500k a month. I work for the government ministry of education. People whose annual salary is my monthly in Nigeria are able to lead very stable lives.

The middle east in recent years has been the perfect destination for qualified teachers world over with the UAE topping the list. That your friends are in Dubai living in squalor because of hurried poor decisions and a lack of opportunity doesn't change that fact. And yes the sweetest catch of Dubai earnings is that its tax free.

The health sector is also very juicy. Nigerian doctors here earn 20,000 dirhams with 2 years of getting their liscences. This is aside the 2/1 bedroom flat accommodation if you're married/single, school fees allowance for two kids, to and fro flight on a yearly vacation to home country etc

There are engineers here in ADNOC, a big employer, earning 35k aed on a monthly. Yet in this same Dubai you see my nigerian engineer graduate brothers working as baristas for 1500aed. The difference between these two is just one or two certifications that the latter did not know to get

This dichotomy is what i was hoping i could bridge by sharing my experience but some oversabi people would not lemme be.

I've been trying to get a job as a Librarian in Dubai but all my applications have not been successful. I see many vacant positions daily especially for school librarians in the UAE with some promising to sponsor visa and travels, aside accommodation. Since you are in this education line, can you link me with an agent there in Dubai that will help me. I also do not know if there's a certification i need to have to work as a Librarian in Dubai.
I have my first degree, and Masters degree in library and information science and also a certified librarian here in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by NONNYG: 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2019
mr1759:

Yes is party of the condition to get a job, when you are about to employed you go for medical fitness especially your heart, when you pass the company pay for your permit for the next two years as you work with the company, you and the government sign agreement to that effect then the company pay 3000 derah which is about 300,000 naira then the company collect your passport, should you decide you want to go home before two years end you pay the money
Hahahahaha, Baba I've been working in a hotel since 2016 till date, this is my 3rd job in 3 different hotels within the last 3 years. Hotel doesn't seize employees passport, it's against the law, some will ask you if you want them to keep it for you after medical for safety purpose, it's left for you to decide. My passport is chilling in my apartment. Please don't mislead people here

8 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
Champagnemami:

Lol
People just dont understand that its not easy anywhere. Currently, the US is d best place to hustle. So many side/odd jobs especially with the immigration restrictions. But in that same US, there are many Nigerians who can't afford a ticket home. Heck, some can't even send 20k for a family emergency in Naija.

In my school we're 80% Britain, Canada, America, Australia. The rest 20% are Arab, Africans, others. These 80% are coming from countries that you all are running to.

I earn more than a teacher on my grade level in the US. These ones use some considerable sum of their salary for taxes. Whereas mine is tax free.

But in this same Dubai, you find people with same qualifications as mine doing domestic help work of 150k.

At the end, its about sensitization. Don't just carry bag and say m going to Dubai. What are you coming here to do? Is that d best you can do? Are there better options? Ask questions and arm yourself with info.

That same India you condemned i have friends there who have hit it big. Meanwhile Indians are running into Dubai in droves.

And what's wrong in a shared accommodation? After I got my first pay, i rented a self con of 35k dirhams per annum. After 3 months i did a brain reset and got a shared apartment for 9000 aed per annum. Which means i now save extra 2.6million naira yearly.

That it didn't work for Yuh friends doesn't mean it wont work for others.

So you just take a chill pill and breath
gbam!!. I keep telling people that Dubai is a goldmine but they don't wanna listen to me. You can get 3 bedroom apartment and rent out 2 rooms. You won't even be paying rent again cos the money u will get from renting out the 2 rooms will be enough to paid for the apartment and still have some cash to freestyle with.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
kellycute:
but for professionals!!!!. I work in a construction firm as an health and safety professional and I'm doing well. Those of us in the safety career have better chances than our competitors from other countries like India, Pakistan, etc cos we have the necessary certification and qualifications as per meeting the requirement to work as safety professionals in uae. Hse professional earn a minimum of 15000dirham (1.5m naira) per month if you have nebosh diploma. Inasmuch as your qualifications determine your paid as far as hse career is concern in uae, it also depends on your employers. some employers paid their safety professionals 22000 Dirham (2.2m naira) per month while other might paid as low as 5000 Dirham (500k) per month.
[color=#006600][/color]

Baba, I have NEBOSH IGC 1,2&3. I passed in just one sitting, came out with credit. I also have 5 years HSE experience, but if I tell you how much my company pay me you go almost cry for me. I am planning to leave the company anytime any day as soon as a better offer comes my way.

I am planning to go for NEBOSH diploma when I have the money, I have already gathered materials for the course, but for now I am seeking for better opportunities.

Most companies in Nigeria don't value HSE, a better offer would be appreciated. Thanks..

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by JoesmartNwaSoiL(m): 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
lionlee216:

Oga Trump dey hin side. When una go show for this side?

senior man, please connect me na, I'll like to come to your side.
I'm skilled in graphic designing, I can make nails and lash for the girls also.
pls help a younger brother.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lereinter(m): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
Champagnemami:
Wow...over 400 nairaland emails....

Guys lets just ask the questions here. I'm sure many of us have d same questions

Its not possible to treat all mails individually

Nigeria youths face reality which country will accept foreigners of such numbers and abandon her citizens

Let's join hands and fight, protest and continue protesting

All this let me go and make it syndrome then come back and show myself doesn't work

400 people seeking to go UAE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by janettee(f): 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
izibili44:
what is your own here.

I hope she doesn't end up deporting your lying ass to Nigeria, when she finds out you have a gf back in Nigeria undecided.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by izibili44: 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
janettee:

I hope she doesn't end up deporting your lying ass to Nigeria, when she founds out you have a gf back in Nigeria undecided.
This girl dem send u come.For your information i have my papers already.nonsense

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by mr1759: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2019
Abidek900:

1. like, how much can it cost a person willing to travel to UAE?
2. Can a person work and the same time goes to school there
UAE is not Europe you can’t be schooling and be working the people did not design their country for settlers you only come to work for them and get out also if you want to school your money most come from your sponsor, this people are the most stingy people on earth
1 they don’t issue residents permits or citizenship
1, their visa is the most expensive visa in the world every visa they issue a commission must go to one of their citizens who sponsor the company that issue you that visa
They don’t put caution anywhere to warn e g when yo cross road without using zebra crossing police will catch you and you will pay fine if fine
When u mistakenly seat were women seat in a bus or train you pay fine, so they set trap everywhere in other to make money from tourists and foreigners
They will go to America give birth and those kids will be citizens but you can’t come to their country to give birth not to talk about giving birth to citizen if you mistakenly enter labor as a worker u wii over two million naira and yet that child will be citizen

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by janettee(f): 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2019
izibili44:
This girl dem send u come.For your information i have my papers already.nonsense

Then stop lying to yourself and do the right thing. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by NONNYG: 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2019
To those who keep saying all the employers seize their employees passport, I just went HR to take picture of this form.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Snowkel(m): 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
Champagnemami:

Try get a pgd education b4 coming here

Just to widen Yuh options. There isn't that much a NEED in those sectors you mentioned
please I have a brother who studied education in mathematics, will it be easy for him
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by mr1759: 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
kellycute:
gbam!!. I keep telling people that Dubai is a goldmine but they don't wanna listen to me. You can get 3 bedroom apartment and rent out 2 rooms. You won't even be paying rent again cos the money u will get from renting out the 2 rooms will be enough to paid for the apartment and still have some cash to freestyle with.
Please don’t listen to that post he/she is a fraud star in UAE (Dubai / alh buda bi) is $1000 above in a month not to talk about flat
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lereinter(m): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2019
Champagnemami:

Lol
People just dont understand that its not easy anywhere. Currently, the US is d best place to hustle. So many side/odd jobs especially with the immigration restrictions. But in that same US, there are many Nigerians who can't afford a ticket home. Heck, some can't even send 20k for a family emergency in Naija.

In my school we're 80% Britain, Canada, America, Australia. The rest 20% are Arab, Africans, others. These 80% are coming from countries that you all are running to.

I earn more than a teacher on my grade level in the US. These ones use some considerable sum of their salary for taxes. Whereas mine is tax free.

But in this same Dubai, you find people with same qualifications as mine doing domestic help work of 150k.

At the end, its about sensitization. Don't just carry bag and say m going to Dubai. What are you coming here to do? Is that d best you can do? Are there better options? Ask questions and arm yourself with info.

That same India you condemned i have friends there who have hit it big. Meanwhile Indians are running into Dubai in droves.

And what's wrong in a shared accommodation? After I got my first pay, i rented a self con of 35k dirhams per annum. After 3 months i did a brain reset and got a shared apartment for 9000 aed per annum. Which means i now save extra 2.6million naira yearly.

That it didn't work for Yuh friends doesn't mean it wont work for others.

So you just take a chill pill and breath

No be by your power
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lereinter(m): 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
truthsayer009:

Wait, are you sure Dubai is tax free? Like completely tax free? For Real? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I just checked oh, It's true. JESUS!!! People are earning $5,000 dollars in US & paying like 30% for Tax.

In Germany Tax is 42% to 45%, that means if you earn 5,000 Euros monthly. You only take home around 2700 Euros.

I swear, this is crazy yo!!!!

What's bad there

It's progressive tax self

It's not that a Maina will take it away

You want their country to be destroyed

No repulsive wealth accumulation

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
lereinter:

What's bad there

It's progressive tax self

It's not that a Maina will take it away

You want their country to be destroyed

No repulsive wealth accumulation

Yes, that's if you are actually a citizen or PR holder. You would get the complete benefits. Not as an immigrant who works like monkey.

It's not so bad, but 42% is too much.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
truthsayer009:

Wait, are you sure Dubai is tax free? Like completely tax free? For Real? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I just checked oh, It's true. JESUS!!! People are earning $5,000 dollars in US & paying like 30% for Tax.

In Germany Tax is 42% to 45%, that means if you earn 5,000 Euros monthly. You only take home around 2700 Euros.

I swear, this is crazy yo!!!!
tax free!!!. Yuur salary is your salary. Dem nor dey remove 1kobo and u can save wella.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by mr1759: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
NONNYG:
Hahahahaha, Baba I've been working in a hotel since 2016 till date, this is my 3rd job in 3 different hotels within the last 3 years. Hotel doesn't seize employees passport, it's against the law, some will ask you if you want them to keep it for you after medical for safety purpose, it's left for you to decide. My passport is chilling in my apartment. Please don't mislead people here
Snap your employment letter let me also snap mine and send so we know who is working in UAE
Company hold your passport after the have pay for your work permit, even tourist visa most companies or sponsor hold your passport to make sure u leave after your visit
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by NONNYG: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
This is the part of UAE visa people don't usual read/understand. Very short sentence but very powerful message

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by izibili44: 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2019
janettee:

Then stop lying to yourself and do the right thing. undecided
Look you dt know my story and where i am coming from.Just leave me alone.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by NONNYG: 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2019
mr1759:

Snap your employment letter let me also snap mine and send so we know who is working in UAE
Company hold your passport after the have pay for your work permit, even tourist visa most companies or sponsor hold your passport to make sure u leave after your visit
Lols, no need to share employment letter online, who does that? Are you free this Friday, let's meet anywhere you want. I will come with my passport

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by adebaba5: 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
SamOyovwi:
God bless your for this statement. Many Nigerians born anyhow like pigs. No family planning
I hope you're not from the "oyovwi" I know
Una family plenty no be small

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by mr1759: 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
NONNYG:
To those who keep saying all the employers seize their employees passport, I just went HR to take picture of this form.
Please read what is written in the hr paper you post that your passport will be given to the HR for safe keeping, are you a baby that you can not keep your passport

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply)

Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Spanish Student Visas / STUDY IN BULGARIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.