Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (153989 Views)

My Experience Living In Germany And Trying To Learn German On My Own / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
Amujale:

The UAE is designed for the benefit of Arabs.

Africans live a better life on their continent than those living in the UAE.

There laws are draconian.

The UAE have some of the weirdest laws in the world today.

For instance anyone can correct me but i read that at one point, wearing a Barcelona shirt in Dubai or Abu Dhabi could land anyone 15 years in prison.

There was once a law in the UAE that prohibits anyone from wearing a Qatar football shirt in the UAE.

Overall, its best to stay clear away from UAE and all the other parts of the Arabian penisular.

Their records on human rights is atrocious.
big lie!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by NONNYG: 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
mr1759:

Please read what is written in the hr paper you post that your passport will be given to the HR for safe keeping, are you a baby that you can not keep your passport
Arguing with you is a waste of time. Enjoy your day
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lereinter(m): 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
mbhs139:

Let's look at it this way. Say you earn 150k monthly in Nigeria and you pay say, 45k as tax monthly, with all the amenities such as you have in Germany, ẹ.g. you don't pay school fees until your children gets to university, free medicals, child care benefit for your children. For instance, I leave in Canada. I earn 3600 dollars per month and I'm being taxed like 750 dollars. Meanwhile, my two children gets ccb of 1300, paid to their mother every month. (Shay I never get my 750 back grin?)

Jehovah bless your family

Thank you very much for that explanation

God bless you

afoayo2018@gmail.com

For any Canada moves
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2019
SKYZZZ:
[color=#006600][/color]

Baba, I have NEBOSH IGC 1,2&3. I passed in just one sitting, came out with credit. I also have 5 years HSE experience, but if I tell you how much my company pay me you go almost cry for me. I am planning to leave the company anytime any day as soon as a better offer comes my way.

I am planning to go for NEBOSH diploma when I have the money, I have already gathered materials for the course, but for now I am seeking for better opportunities.

Most companies in Nigeria don't value HSE, a better offer would be appreciated. Thanks..
Naija nor get hse naa grin na child play Naija own be. Guy come dubai make u come make money as hse joor.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by brownviki: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2019
When have you moved and what moving company you have used? I want to relocate from my city and need some tips.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lereinter(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2019
birdmansoho:

It appears you’re here to mislead people into thinking Dubai is some choice destination for hustling. And becomes livid once anyone expresses a contrary view to the narrative you’re projecting herein. Heck UAE is a third world country with unemployment level more high than the Western countries you’re comparing it to.

You know for sure that the Western nationals working in the UAE migrated not coz they don’t have decent jobs in their home countries but mostly as expatriates and to enjoy a more friendly climate but you won’t highlight that fact. Rather you’ll be evasive and make it look like they migrated for the sole purpose of looking for greener pastures they lack in their countries and migrate to “hustle” like Nigerians do migrate. It’s a travesty to even compare UAE with UK, US, Canada etc as they aren’t even close in any indices be it economic or social welfare nor employment nor earnings on average.

Don’t be mischievous and you are the one who need to chill and be receptive to dissent. What’s in UAE to encourage anyone to migrate there and even compare with Western nations. You even went as far as comparing US immigrants to UAE, please be serious and saying some can’t afford to send 20k as if that’s a new news...we’re talking about overall average. Imagine even comparing world biggest economies to a squalor third world nation.

Finally, be informed that I meant rooms sharing not apartment share, although I’m aware you understood what I meant but for mischief-making purposes had to address something else as regards room share I highlighted.

Please if you’re reading this I reiterate don’t dare go to Dubai except fraud/drugs is your main objective. There are little or no decent jobs there.

You are blessed
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Abilistic(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2019
Champagnemami:
You people didn't lemme finish my story.

Don't mind over Sabi ppl

Please continue your story at diary section,

https://www.nairaland.com/diaries

Nobody will comment there,

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by janettee(f): 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2019
izibili44:
Look you dt know my story and where i am coming from.Just leave me alone.

Focus on your wife and kid smiley.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Lleigh(f): 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2019
Depressed101:
hmm yes i have, but it has been very frustrating getting gigs without reviews...
You just need to get one and keep on doing what you do.
Keep on telling people what you do
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2019
Naija nor get hse naa, na child play Naija own be. Guy come dubai make u come make money as hse joor. [/quote]

I go plan towards it. Na money things shaa
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lereinter(m): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2019
77up:
Search for gulf platform on Google and reach out to them.

Oh maybe the whole essence is to form a cartel for gulfplatform

Gulf platform is a fraud UAE travel agency in Ibadan

Owned by a woman, who uses Yoruba yeyebrities as PR stunt

Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2019
Naija nor get hse naa, na child play Naija own be. Guy come dubai make u come make money as hse joor. [color=#006600][/color]

I go plan towards it, na money things shaa. I go reason you when the matter sure for me.

Thanks
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Smoke47: 1:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
I've learnt alot from going through this thread. God bless the Op and others who contributed, although the thread was largely derailed with some uncessary bants and rants, I still think it's best we learn from others perspectives, making conclusions before reading the full part of the op story was uncalled for

Either ways I've made my choice, I personally went through this thread for the sake of my friend who plans on relocating to Dubai, I've being trying to persuade him, but to no avail..he seems adamant

I've sent the link to him, hoping he reads through.

I wish every Nigerian looking for greener pasture abroad good luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2019
kellycute:
Naija nor get hse naa grin na child play Naija own be. Guy come dubai make u come make money as hse joor.
[color=#006600][/color]

I go plan towards it, na money things shaa. I go reason you when the matter sure for me.

Thanks
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by izibili44: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
janettee:

Focus on your wife and kid smiley.
I do not have kids?my oyinbo will not give birth.LADY
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by lereinter(m): 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
truthsayer009:

Yes, that's if you are actually a citizen or PR holder. You would get the complete benefits. Not as an immigrant who works like monkey.

It's not so bad, but 42% is too much.

You don't work like monkey in UAE Abi

Go create your country and do your own tax charges
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by 77up(m): 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
lereinter:

Oh maybe the whole essence is to form a cartel for gulfplatform

Gulf platform is a fraud UAE travel agency in Ibadan

Owned by a woman, who uses Yoruba yeyebrities as PR stunt

Hmmmm
Can you pls tell us why they are fraud ?? You don't really have to pull someone down , do you . He asked for one and I suggested it . Thank God not that I even know them in person, reason why I told him to search Google abi Google na my family platform?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by error4040: 1:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
mr1759:

Please read what is written in the hr paper you post that your passport will be given to the HR for safe keeping, are you a baby that you can not keep your passport

Naso english de Hard ni
Bro you got the Message wrong because the Letter Said please choose from the options below by ticking the APPROPRIATE BOXES
that means You can choose only the Boxes to keep your Passport yourself and not giving the HR for safekeeping.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 2:12pm On Dec 10, 2019
birdmansoho:

It appears you’re here to mislead people into thinking Dubai is some choice destination for hustling. And becomes livid once anyone expresses a contrary view to the narrative you’re projecting herein. Heck UAE is a third world country with unemployment level more high than the Western countries you’re comparing it to.

You know for sure that the Western nationals working in the UAE migrated not coz they don’t have decent jobs in their home countries but mostly as expatriates and to enjoy a more friendly climate but you won’t highlight that fact. Rather you’ll be evasive and make it look like they migrated for the sole purpose of looking for greener pastures they lack in their countries and migrate to “hustle” like Nigerians do migrate. It’s a travesty to even compare UAE with UK, US, Canada etc as they aren’t even close in any indices be it economic or social welfare nor employment nor earnings on average.

Don’t be mischievous and you are the one who need to chill and be receptive to dissent. What’s in UAE to encourage anyone to migrate there and even compare with Western nations. You even went as far as comparing US immigrants to UAE, please be serious and saying some can’t afford to send 20k as if that’s a new news...we’re talking about overall average. Imagine even comparing world biggest economies to a squalor third world nation.

Finally, be informed that I meant rooms sharing not apartment share, although I’m aware you understood what I meant but for mischief-making purposes had to address something else as regards room share I highlighted.

Please if you’re reading this I reiterate don’t dare go to Dubai except fraud/drugs is your main objective. There are little or no decent jobs there.
ignoramus!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
NONNYG:
500k is approximately 5000aed

Here people make up to 10,000aed and above, I mean as a basic salary + all the allowances, while some make 1000aed monthly, It depend on your job.

I'm not saying UAE is heaven, anybody wey 9ja don tire can come & try his/her luck, but don't sell your land or properties because you're coming to UAE, the chances of securing a job now is very slim. Indians and Filipinos has taken over
bro don't waste your time talking to that ignoramus. He know nothing.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by AntiMCU: 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
CptCharlesVane:
The fact that they keep your passport from you should raise all red flags about the ‘job’ such things should be illegal. OP why don’t you tell us the kind of work you do over there.

Nigeria bad Nigeria bad so people becoming willing to consciously submit themselves to slavery undecided

People should stop breeding like rats in Nigeria to reduce all these unnecessary pressure of ‘taking care of my family abi village’

They will never listen.

Very soon, you'll see a post goading youths into marriage without adequate prep. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
lionlee216:

Even in the US, People without papers make 10 to 15$ per hour. That's 400$ to $600 weekly. I'm sure you already know what that is monthly.

Most Americans relocate to UAE not because of greener pasture but mostly for weather reasons.

Daddy, Get Visa come Yankee ooo
Yankee is cool no doubt but hse professionals in Dubai earn more than hse professionals in USA. I've lot of folks who are into hse in USA and their paid is not even up to my basic salary. Yes yankee is great but I'm after money and as long as Im getting it here, I ain't gat no problem at all. Dubai is a goldmine... Finito!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 2:21pm On Dec 10, 2019
NONNYG:
Throw more light about the weather condition, cold or hot?

Cos during summer here, you can cook beans outside without fire

I still disagree with you, An American will make more money in Dubai than in America if doing same job
American make lot of money here than in USA. My American frd has been in uae for more than 15 years and nigga don't wanna leave at all. Uae is good for professionals that's the gospel truth. Anybody that wanna hustle should try Europe, and USA.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
ACRI:

God bless you bro!

Please stay in your home country if you value your freedom and leave all these middle East countries. Ask Abike Dabiri of the Diaspora commission, the reports on Nigerians in these places are not good. The hope is a one in a thousand cases. I watched one documentary where Nigerians re begging government to come take them back.
If you can pay agent 1.4M for a visa you can do well in Naija or find a better country with good human right records to go to.
middle east is not the right place to do odd job bro.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2019
engrdubem:
Uae,Canada,Australia,Nigeria.......if oil no Dey your head forget am....There is money even in the desert,even in Nigeria you can make a living.I live in Dubai with my family,I have loads of friends and associates living good lives here.Same applies to Nigeria and Canada I have family and friends doing very well.
It’s not in the knife ,it’s in the wielder of the knife period.
gbam!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2019
mr1759:
I have worked in UAE (Dubai) please don’t be deceived that country is not for blacks they hate Nigerians with passion most job openings will indicate no Nigerians are allowed to apply to tell you how much they don’t need us Dubai have suspend the issuance of visa to Nigerians many times, I don’t have enough bundles I would have post a video where over ten thousand people came for a job where they need just 50 people as security at mail of emirate. Conclusion for those who think you can work in two places you lie in UAE u can only work in One place is illegal to in two places, the lie lie poster alleged they where paying his friend who was a laborer 2k Derah , the highest you receive as laborer is 1400k derah which around 120,000 Naira a month.
na odd jobs Naim dem dey mostly say dem nor need Naija people. Make we dey talk true, most Naija people don spoil our image here. Imagine some fools even go rob bank. Tell me why dem go still want get anything to do with Naija? Infact make Naija people sit down for house joor cheesy

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
partnerbizn4:

Why is yours tax free?

And how were you able to afford a self con of 35k dirhams ?
maybe you should ask uae govt why they made their tax free wink
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by valdetino(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
@Op please I have M.Sc in Architecture and some certifications in HSE 1,2&3 what will be my faith if I choose to relocate to UAE for greener pastures?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Respect55(m): 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
lereinter:

Computer wizard you call him

He will meet Indians there
LOL

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Ernesthugo(m): 2:49pm On Dec 10, 2019
kellycute:
maybe you should ask uae govt why they made their tax free wink
can i be your friend?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by samtol4(m): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
virginchaser:
Nothing as good as save your money go and see life, chop life and come back to come and start the hustle again. A country where they scan your passport any where you go, looking for what i don't know. Ordinary to visit someone residence opposite Dubai mall security asked for passport before entry. How would some one live with expired papers in such environment?
Are you planning to use expired papers?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (30) (Reply)

Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Spanish Student Visas / STUDY IN BULGARIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.