Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

My Experience Living And Working In The UAE - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (153612 Views)

My Experience Living In Germany And Trying To Learn German On My Own / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by famzynet: 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
Where is Champagnmami.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by famzynet: 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
Nothing musa no go see for gate: These two guys above me have converted this thread to competition of abuse. E don do guys. Na draw. No winner. You both are right from different angles.

Can we now allow Champagnmami to continue her story.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Mcowubaba: 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
Spot on bro @ birdmansoho

I have seen interesting comments and statements as expected from people, hehe
Some are even calling us destiny blockers cheesy cheesy, or bad belle, I swear I love Nigerians
Over zealous lots and fanatically religious.

People have to understand that this is a Public Forum, and many people here have various levels of knowledge, exposure, thought process and education, so you can't just say anything you want, without someone fact checking you or disputing the claims

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way suggesting that people should troll or become nuisance all for the sake of fact checking or having an opinion.
That being said, I read through the thread from the very first page, with a clear intention and not thinking of finding fault or fact checking anybody, then around the 8th or 9th page, I saw when the OP made some very misleading/false claims, I felt the need to call the OP out on it, but I was accused of being a destiny blocker, bad belle or pessimistic fellow, that's the problem with many Nigerians, most of us are arrogant, stubborn and over religious, hence we have limited critical thought process.

I have created threads and made comments severally, and people fact checked my statements, and we had a logical discussion about it, obviously some were just trolls, so I did not engage further.

There is a need to say this and I know some may view it as bragging or whatever, I have been a member of Nairaland since creation (2005), this is my 2nd account which was created after I lost access to my first account, this 2nd account was created over 6 years ago, and in my time I have contributed to many topics and discussions in various sections
Travel/immigration happens to an area I have extensive Knowledge myself, having been an immigrant for most part of my life, and had the opportunity to live in over 7 countries, let me leave it at this.

One major problem Nigerians, especially aspiring immigrants face is FAKE NEWS/MISINFORMATION, most swallow whatever the see or hear, and the make grievous mistakes and life changing decisions based on false information.

My man birdmansoho, I was not even interested in fact checking the savings claims made by the OP, rather I found it strange that the OP brought up how much he/she has saved cheesy cheesy, so people will know UAE is some paradise
A place were most black girls are viewed as prostitutes and black man are viewed as drug dealers/criminals

No one is discouraging or stopping anybody from going anywhere, we can only advise, suggest or recommend, that final decision lies with you
Obviously everyone can't live in USA, UK or Canada

People think Nigeria is so bleeped up lol, una never see suffering for some countries hahaha, shebi travel, "make we just commot" "we go manage" "anywhere better pass Nigeria"

For instance, some people that follow through asylum process, are subject to some unimaginable humane conditions and physical abuse and torture

anyways good luck to everyone

15 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by birdmansoho: 11:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
Mcowubaba:
Spot on bro @ birdmansoho

I have seen interesting comments and statements as expected from people, hehe
Some are even calling us destiny blockers cheesy cheesy, or bad belle, I swear I love Nigerians
Over zealous lots and fanatically religious.

People have to understand that this is a Public Forum, and many people here have various levels of knowledge, exposure, thought process and education, so you can't just say anything you want, without someone fact checking you or disputing the claims

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way suggesting that people should troll or become nuisance all for the sake of fact checking or having an opinion.
That being said, I read through the thread from the very first page, with a clear intention and not thinking of finding fault or fact checking anybody, then around the 8th or 9th page, I saw when the OP made some very misleading/false claims, I felt the need to call the OP out on it, but I was accused of being a destiny blocker, bad belle or pessimistic fellow, that's the problem with many Nigerians, most of us are arrogant, stubborn and over religious, hence we have limited critical thought process.

I have created threads and made comments severally, and people fact checked my statements, and we had a logical discussion about it, obviously some were just trolls, so I did not engage further.

There is a need to say this and I know some may view it as bragging or whatever, I have been a member of Nairaland since creation (2005), this is my 2nd account which was created after I lost access to my first account, this 2nd account was created over 6 years ago, and in my time I have contributed to many topics and discussions in various sections
Travel/immigration happens to an area I have extensive Knowledge myself, having been an immigrant for most part of my life, and had the opportunity to live in over 7 countries, let me leave it at this.

One major problem Nigerians, especially aspiring immigrants face is FAKE NEWS/MISINFORMATION, most swallow whatever the see or hear, and the make grievous mistakes and life changing decisions based on false information.

My man birdmansoho, I was not even interested in fact checking the savings claims made by the OP, rather I found it strange that the OP brought up how much he/she has saved cheesy cheesy, so people will know UAE is some paradise
A place were most black girls are viewed as prostitutes and black man are viewed as drug dealers/criminals

No one is discouraging or stopping anybody from going anywhere, we can only advise, suggest or recommend, that final decision lies with you

People think Nigeria is so bleeped up lol, una never see suffering for some countries hahaha, shebi travel, "make we just commot" "we go manage" "anywhere better pass Nigeria"

For instance, some people that follow through asylum process, are subject to some unimaginable humane conditions and physical abuse and torture

anyways good luck to everyone

Ya. No one is stopping anyone from traveling to anywhere las las reality will set in into whoever travel to certain countries without getting the right information or ignore advise. I’m not unfamiliar with Nigerians and how they react whenever anyone attempt to give necessary info about their prospective countries and how they can make it seem like you’re an enemy of progress.

I have a distant relative who once told people in the village meeting how he’s working on traveling abroad about a decade ago. So my dad enquired to know what country he’s planning on traveling to and he retorted Libya. My dad being someone who’s enlightened about countries and their economy advised him not to go there and that there’s nothing in Libya and even if his plans is to migrate to Europe via Mediterranean Sea that he should abort it highlighting the risk. This guy swiftly denounce his advise and told him that even if Libya is as tough as stone it’ll melt like water once he steps in there and he’ll succeed. We later heard he told someone that my dad is an enemy of progress and doesn’t want others to travel to Europe like his kids who are all there.

He later embark on the trip and it didn’t take up to a year and he returned. His experience and story was very sour and he told anyone who cared to listen that nothing will ever make him thinking of abroad again in his life, whether Europe or America or heaven that he’s done. Owing to Nigeria’s frustration and hardship people become desperate to travel without seeking for the right info about where they want to go and when you call their attention to it you become a hater.

UAE’s economy is designed for tourism and expatriate not for blue collar or even white collar hustle in most cases. I’m an exposed, well-travelled and someone who always seek for knowledge and information about different countries happens to be one of my major interest in my quest for knowledge. And such has led me to know that countries like U.A.E., SA, Cambodia, India, Russia and a host of others aren’t a good choice of destination for immigrants.

From this OP story and subsequent comments I found a lot of cracks which I first ignored until they became too much and I couldn’t ignore the misrepresentation of facts she was conveying and on pointing them out she became apprehensive and unnecessarily confrontational for obvious reasons. Such a distortion of facts shouldn’t be ignored.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by samtol4(m): 12:33am On Dec 11, 2019
ogbonti:

How come you can rent a 3 bedroom and the other people you are subletting they other 2 rooms to can’t get the 3bedroom you got? Na wa for una lies here
In most overseas countries there are different types of accommodation. One of the different accommodation is flat sharing. You rent three bedrooms flat and sublet two rooms to others and you occupy one and the siting room. For instance 3bedroom cost 80k per month you sublet two rooms at 35k each ,it means u be paying just 10k monthly ,the occupants of the other rooms Will complete it . Don't forget rent is monthly
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by ogbonti: 12:38am On Dec 11, 2019
okeyben10:

For this question alone its obvious youve neva stepped foot into Dubai.all your comments on this thread are based on the information your loser friends have been feeding you. You see say you no get sense

Hahahhaha haha, I lived at Youssouf Baker Street at Deira very close to Al Ghurair shopping mall which is on Sheikh Maktoum Road...also very close to Gold Souk. Small pikin. I was there before I moved to Al Gusais to live. Keep on deceiving yourself. You think you can insult your way out of the web of ignorance and deceit you have created ? When I started going to Dubai, I guess you were still in primary school talkless of when i started living there. Small pikin wey dem give 2 years kpataka. Dey come brag say him sabi Dubai.... my residence visa was for 3 years .... when UAE was giving 3 years residence visa not the 2 years they are giving now . Ewu nama nama

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by ogbonti: 12:49am On Dec 11, 2019
samtol4:
In most overseas countries there are different types of accommodation. One of the different accommodation is flat sharing. You rent three bedrooms flat and sublet two rooms to others and you occupy one and the siting room. For instance 3bedroom cost 80k per month you sublet two rooms at 35k each ,it means u be paying just 10k monthly ,the occupants of the other rooms Will complete it . Don't forget rent is monthly

I don’t know about that maybe that’s is how people live there now. Those days when I lived there. My rent for my studio flat was AED 9,000 for 6 months which was like US $400 a month if you convert the exchange rate then of $1 to 3.65 Dirhams. That was not including DEWA bill ooo which is the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority bill. I lived alone and I was dating an Australian chic Martina. Who was a student at Wollongong University. Don’t tell me crap about Dubai.... a great place to flex when u have money, or when a multinational company like Shell or HSBC sends you there to work. But to carry your passport go there go hussle? Last last na Deira market U go end big in pack pack cargo like laborer follow some smelly Indian shop owners just to make 10 Dirham to eat shawarma and drink Pepsi lol... guys don’t tell me squat about Dubai I know there I lived there ... go see Naija guys languishing at Al Karama... meen. Even when I relocated I still travel there en route to Naija just to appreciate God for delivering me from that dungeon of a place

13 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by ogbonti: 1:04am On Dec 11, 2019
okeyben10:
And just so you guys know the least amount the moe pay teachers is $4600 or 16000 dirhams. Problem is the job is not easy to get. They now even write exams first

Stop reading classified section on Gulf News or Al Khaleej Times. Those are fraudulent jobs meant to make the UAE look like a good destination to realize ones dreams. Those jobs don’t exist, period! Even if any exist, do you see where they say US educated and US experience ONLY? ok oooo so how can someone who is fleeing Ikorodu get that job with BSc from Unilag assuming the job even exist?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 11, 2019
birdmansoho:

Ya. No one is stopping anyone from traveling to anywhere las las reality will set in into whoever travel to certain countries without getting the right information or ignore advise. I’m not unfamiliar with Nigerians and how they react whenever anyone attempt to give necessary info about their prospective countries and how they can make it seem like you’re an enemy of progress.

I have a distant relative who once told people in the village meeting how he’s working on traveling abroad about a decade ago. So my dad enquired to know what country he’s planning on traveling to and he retorted Libya. My dad being someone who’s enlightened about countries and their economy advised him not to go there and that there’s nothing in Libya and even if his plans is to migrate to Europe via Mediterranean Sea that he should abort it highlighting the risk. This guy swiftly denounce his advise and told him that even if Libya is as tough as stone it’ll melt like water once he steps in there and he’ll succeed. We later heard he told someone that my dad is an enemy of progress and doesn’t want others to travel to Europe like his kids who are all there.

He later embark on the trip and it didn’t take up to a year and he returned. His experience and story was very sour and he told anyone who cared to listen that nothing will ever make him thinking of abroad again in his life, whether Europe or America or heaven that he’s done. Owing to Nigeria’s frustration and hardship people become desperate to travel without seeking for the right info about where they want to go and when you call their attention to it you become a hater.

UAE’s economy is designed for tourism and expatriate not for blue collar or even white collar hustle in most cases. I’m an exposed, well-travelled and someone who always seek for knowledge and information about different countries happens to be one of my major interest in my quest for knowledge. And such has led me to know that countries like U.A.E., SA, Cambodia, India, Russia and a host of others aren’t a good choice of destination for immigrants.

From this OP story and subsequent comments I found a lot of cracks which I first ignored until they became too much and I couldn’t ignore the misrepresentation of facts she was conveying and on pointing them out she became apprehensive and unnecessarily confrontational for obvious reasons. Such a distortion of facts shouldn’t be ignored.

Bro can u help me with ur email.. Want to make some enquires.. Or your whatsapp number.. Just mention me with it on any of my previous post. Thanks
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by okeyben10: 1:09am On Dec 11, 2019
ogbonti:

I don’t know about that maybe that’s is how people live there now. Those days when I lived there. My rent for my studio flat was AED 9,000 for 6 months which was like US $400 a month if you convert the exchange rate then of $1 to 3.65 Dirhams. That was not including DEWA bill ooo which is the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority bill. I lived alone and I was dating an Australian chic Martina. Who was a student at Wollongong University. Don’t tell me crap about Dubai.... a great place to flex when u have money, or when a multinational company like Shell or HSBC sends you there to work. But to carry your passport go there go hussle? Last last na Deira market U go end big in pack pack cargo like laborer follow some smelly Indian shop owners just to make 10 Dirham to eat shawarma and drink Pepsi lol... guys don’t tell me squat about Dubai I know there I lived there ... go see Naija guys languishing at Al Karama... meen. Even when I relocated I still travel there en route to Naija just to appreciate God for delivering me from that dungeon of a place

Na so. Dubai just turned48 that style of shared flats has been the practice for 49 years.
Nor be only Australian studio.
Lai mohammed ancestor.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by okeyben10: 1:12am On Dec 11, 2019
ogbonti:

Stop reading classified section on Gulf News or Al Khaleej Times. Those are fraudulent jobs meant to make the UAE look like a good destination to realize ones dreams. Those jobs don’t exist, period! Even if any exist, do you see where they say US educated and US experience ONLY? ok oooo so how can someone who is fleeing Ikorodu get that job with BSc from Unilag assuming the job even exist?
I teach here. I know what i earn. Most schools here are run by whites.people who like to see themselves as not discriminating on grounds of race.
But bia o, why are you people so bitter? Is there more to what uae did to you people you're not telling us

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by ogbonti: 1:13am On Dec 11, 2019
Vicktomaniaa:

How do I reach out to you?

Village people don finally remember you!
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by ogbonti: 1:17am On Dec 11, 2019
webngnews:

Speaking from experience not from word of mouth worked with Emirate flight catering for years .that country is not good for hustling except for White who work in conglomerate.

Better save money and move to Europe US or canada

My brother no bother yourself... Dog wey wan Loss will never listen to him owner whistle

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by birdmansoho: 1:46am On Dec 11, 2019
Vision2045:

Bro can u help me with ur email.. Want to make some enquires.. Or your whatsapp number.. Just mention me with it on any of my previous post. Thanks

cdo0020@londonmet.ac.uk

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by okeyben10: 1:51am On Dec 11, 2019
birdmansoho:

Oya come and point out the cracks.
Oloriburuku omoale jatijati dianska.
I was just waiting for the op to talk about her classroom behavioral problems and how she manages the stress only for you to come and fill the whole place with your foolishness. It seems you carried your libyan uncles brain.
Arrant nonsense and turningonitsown

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by mbhs139(m): 1:57am On Dec 11, 2019
BlackAfrican:

Boss abeg how you fit take help me land for that way na? All I just dey search for na job offer so I fit use any of the PNP programs. I get every other requirements. Abeg help me. Thanks.

Truth be told bro, your best route through the PnP is to get someone to nominate you, and I know Nigerians use this to make money. Well, as for job offer, I can tell you in all honesty that that's going to be a bit difficult, because I wonder what talent or skill you have that isn't available in Canada. And that's what IRCC will ask your employer, and that's difficult to convince them. So, intensify your effort on the PnP route.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by sakssey23: 3:55am On Dec 11, 2019
todman:

How is the environment for IT professionals and the salary range. I have noticed an increase in the number of recruiters from Dubai on linkedin. A couple of them regularly reach out to me but i don't know what the IT landscape is like there. Do they pay better than a good Nigerian Tech salary. (Talking about over the 500k range)

It depends on your level of skills. A friend rakes in about 8000$ so calculate that to Nigerian currency �
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by sakssey23: 4:26am On Dec 11, 2019
[quote author=Nnamebuka post=84800946]
Wow! I live in Abuja and earn just about half of the highlighted amount. My fiancee will be done with her NYSC by February, 2020 and she has Bsc. Occupational Health and Safety from Middlesex Uni London. She also has various certifications including NEBOSH, IYOSH etc. We are already worried cos she may not get to practice her profession nor get a job that might compensate for that in remuneration here in Abuja when she eventually joins me after our marriage next year.
Reading the above, I'm in deep thought, I swear! And she is very intelligent and smart. Don't want her laying about, and she'll hate it too because she loves to be activesad[/quote

Do express entry and move to Canada! My advise be that o!

Sincerely, people head differs o! She fit go Qatar, UAE hammer but depends on the employer. Like one stated, the standard of life in the Arab countries differs with North American countries.

Yes, more money to be made there in the Arab countries depending on the occupation but then, what do you want for your children.

Go get your Canada passport then relocate tomorrow for that pension money..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by promzy555(m): 4:44am On Dec 11, 2019
Champagnemami:

Yea right. There is less to zero racism in America which is why you guys have the black lives matter movement. Lets not even begin to talk about the security problems.

Each one of us has reason and target for immigrating, short term or long term. Some do to earn a living, others for citizenship. But one thing is common, its all about the good life, quality life.

From the start of the article i mentioned homelessness and overstay which are direct outcomes of no job, so what negative anything was i hiding at first?

The 'freedom' you don't get to enjoy in the UAE is no different from what you get serving/living in a place like sokoto,zamfara. Its a Muslim country, so naturally you can't expect to live like you're in America.

I've lived here two years. In my first year I saved 15m naira. How long would it take an RN in the US/UK to save same? By the second year, I begun my masters program and ran some courses, so less savings.

For the first time in my life my supposedly useless Nigerian certificate is worth something.

I come online to share the story and somehow I'm claiming UAE is a paradise?

Y'all need to take a chill pill. Seriously
pls how can get a Bahrain Visa, do you av an idea?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 11, 2019
mbhs139:

Truth be told bro, your best route through the PnP is to get someone to nominate you, and I know Nigerians use this to make money. Well, as for job offer, I can tell you in all honesty that that's going to be a bit difficult, because I wonder what talent or skill you have that isn't available in Canada. And that's what IRCC will ask your employer, and that's difficult to convince them. So, intensify your effort on the PnP route.

Hello bro. Thanks for the response. Could you throw more light on what you mean by getting someone to nominate you?

From my findings, only Manitoba PNP gives additional point if you have friend or family member there, of which I got non. Even at that this doesn't raise ones chances much as the their recent draws shows the points scored by those being nominated are very high. Meanwhile, I have a Bachelor's degree and can start life again over their without being a burden or risk to anyone, going by their POF requirements. So, please if you can throw more light on the nomination you mentioned and even help me with it just so I can get there and start life again, I'll be eternally grateful to you. I await your response sir. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 5:27am On Dec 11, 2019
Odunayaw:
Did you get your HSE cert in Nigeria?
I got my hse level 2 and 3 from ispon Naija. Nebosh igc and nebosh diploma here in Dubai.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 5:34am On Dec 11, 2019
moseslarry:

Sir, you’ve actually said the pure truth. I have always wanted to be certified hse. Pls can you put me through on how to be certified hse. Thanks as I look forward to read from you pretty soon.
I will suggest you start with hse level 2 and 3. You can enrol for Nebosh international general certificate in occupational health and safety(nebosh igc) because it is highly recognize worldwide. Thereafter, enrol for Nebosh international diploma in occupational health and safety (nebosh idip) which is level 6 and equivalent to a bachelor degree in occupational health and safety. With nebosh igc u can get a good safety job in Dubai but nebosh diploma is the far better qualification though.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Yeecar(m): 5:36am On Dec 11, 2019
Champagnemami:

Cache pronounced cash.
Duration is one year, give or take. Costs around 1.5m naira. Not done in Nigeria. You might get it in SA
What is it all about?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 5:48am On Dec 11, 2019
Nnamebuka:

Wow! I live in Abuja and earn just about half of the highlighted amount. My fiancee will be done with her NYSC by February, 2020 and she has Bsc. Occupational Health and Safety from Middlesex Uni London. She also has various certifications including NEBOSH, IYOSH etc. We are already worried cos she may not get to practice her profession nor get a job that might compensate for that in remuneration here in Abuja when she eventually joins me after our marriage next year.
Reading the above, I'm in deep thought, I swear! And she is very intelligent and smart. Don't want her laying about, and she'll hate it too because she loves to be activesad
she should come over to Dubai early next year cos they gonna be alot of opportunities for safety professionals. First off, she need to authenticate her BSc and waec at uae embassy in Abuja cos they need to stamp the photocopies of her credential with the uae stamp. Employers will need her authenticated credential when filing for residency visa for her here. Secondly, when she come over she will have to arrange her cv to uae format and start applying online or visit companies to drop her cv.
All the best bro!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 5:52am On Dec 11, 2019
mr1759:

All I know is that no company will spend whooping some of money to give years work permits and not keep your passport what if you run home when the job no longer suits u , the paper that guy is showing is fake
Top companies don't withhold employees passport that's the gospel truth! Na only all this small small one man business Naim dey hold passport cos they know say even the salary dem dey paid their workers na peanut so the workers fit vex Waka leave em lol. Top organizations don't act like that at all.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 5:56am On Dec 11, 2019
mr1759:

All I know is that no company will spend whooping some of money to give years work permits and not keep your passport what if you run home when the job no longer suits u , the paper that guy is showing is fake
moreover, they don't spend big when filing for work permit for workers. I have a cool frd in Hr dept and she told me they spend 1300dirham (130k naira) to apply for working visa for worker. Nor mind all those yeye agent wey dey collect million to run working visa for people, na dem dey cause all this confusion wey dey go on. Companies don't spend more than the 1300dirham (130k) for visa application for their workers.. Eod!

She is not even a Nigerian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Tslim411: 6:17am On Dec 11, 2019
kellycute:
Top companies don't withhold employees passport that's the gospel truth! Na only all this small small one man business Naim dey hold passport cos they know say even the salary dem dey paid their workers na peanut so the workers fit vex Waka leave em lol. Top organizations don't act like that at all.

Yes top companies don’t withhold your passport ,,the so call India and Arab one man company does that holding of passport because of their bad way in treating labour
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 6:20am On Dec 11, 2019
ogbonti:

How come you can rent a 3 bedroom and the other people you are subletting they other 2 rooms to can’t get the 3bedroom you got? Na wa for una lies here
let me school you guy about uae. It is not everyone that can rent an apartment in uae cos most of the landlord only accept cheque as payment. You will have to drop 12 cheques to the landlord as per the 1 year agreement for the apartment. Every month, the landlord will go to your bank with one of the cheque to withdraw money, and if you don't have the said amount in your acc hmmmm na big issue oo cos bounce cheque na one way ticket to jail here. This is the Gist.... Most people that are earning less amount don't have access to cheque book from bank. You have to earn a certain amount of money as salary to qualify for cheque book from your bank. So most of this guys can't rent an apartment directly from landlords cos they don't accept cash by hand, they only accept cheque. So they rely on those of us that have cheque to either use our cheque to paid on their behalf while they reimburse us in cash (I can never do that for anyone lailai) or they simply rent a room from your own apartment and paid you in cash. I know this is not fair but na so we see am oo. Na why I say uae nor be place for hustler cos u go suffer I swear down. This place is for professionals and there are lot of way to make cool money without even touching your salary, that's why professionals can save alot of money. Infact most Naija babes wey dey do runs for here go dey beg u make u rent room for them with your cheque and them go paid u any more than the real amount for the room, but I don't advice anyone to have any dealing with such people cos they can cause u alot of problem with authority due to the incessant rate at which they steal from their Maga. Authority can easily trace you cos it is your name that's on the rent agreement.
The best way is to get an apartment since you have the access to cheque and sublet the room to other in need of apartment. People dey find accommodation upanda. U never see anything bro. Information is bliss!!!

24 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Tslim411: 6:20am On Dec 11, 2019
kellycute:
moreover, they don't spend big when filing for work permit for workers. I have a cool frd in Hr dept and she told me they spend 1300dirham (130k naira) to apply for working visa for worker. Nor mind all those yeye agent wey dey collect million to run working visa for people, na dem dey cause all this confusion wey dey go on. Companies don't spend more than the 1300dirham (130k) for visa application for their workers.. Eod!

She is not even a Nigerian.

Bro plz I need to pm you on some info plz kindly send me your email I d or. Whattapps.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by Stormyweather(m): 6:27am On Dec 11, 2019
Efe42:

I'm very much interested in moving to the Dubai but I need some guild lines from you I'm a experience engineer with 8 year's experience in welding and fabrication please I need advice I'm need new here the Nigeria system isn't working much well enough
this is gold. I might be able to link you up with two persons (one in Nigeria and the other in UAE). Message me so I can have your details.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In The UAE by kellycute(m): 6:38am On Dec 11, 2019
Tslim411:

Yes top companies don’t withhold your passport ,,the so call India and Arab one man company does that holding of passport because of their bad way in treating labour
exactly. Guys need to avoid all this 5 naira companies cos they nor good at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (30) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To / Spanish Student Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.